PDA

View Full Version : anybody going to order from witchwigs.com?

Angel Kat III
07-15-2003, 05:06 PM
ok... I see that they have a deal for people who want to order 12 wigs... you get 40% off! my only problem is that I don't need 12 wigs... but I want the discount. I just need 10 more people who want to order wigs from witchwigs.com.... Anybody interested?
~Angel kat III

Andrea
07-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Rrrgh. I've been wanting to order a wig or two (or three) from there for awhile, and see if I could get in on one of these mass purchases... but I don't know yet if I'll get the job I applied for last week so that I'll have the money.

...Tempted to get in on this anyway, because they have two that are just about perfect for costumes I'm doing...

Angel Kat III
07-15-2003, 10:09 PM
thats funny! I'm in the same situation.... What costumes are you doing?

~angel kat III

Andrea
07-15-2003, 10:57 PM
I have an otherwise complete Mido Ban from Get Backers, and an otherwise complete Gremio from Suikoden. My next project is Yorda from ICO, and they have what looks like the perfect hair for her... Ban and Yorda are the ones I'm most desperate to get a wig for, though, because at least with my long hair, I can do Gremio's ponytail, even if it's not the right color. The other two have short hair, and I'm not willing to cut mine yet.

So hmmm, if it's all broke people that may or may not have the money, maybe by the time a bunch of people get together enough for the discount on an order... maybe we'll all have jobs! :D

neekabe
07-15-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm not running the offer but i'm pretty sure if you go by the spam bored you can get in on this 40% offer that's running now. They seem to do this alot ^_^

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13614

TyJILDown
07-16-2003, 07:27 PM
I actually need a wig by Otakon...so I am going to place an order once my new debit card comes in the mail in a few days.

lunasreincarnat
07-17-2003, 12:24 AM
DO NOT ORDER FROM WITCHWIGS!
my friend never got her wig when it arrived to ups the box was opened and there was no wig in there.... it was just a damaged box! @_@ and she has tried calling them and stuff and they wont take her calll... so her chii costume for otakon is ruined... and there is a store called.awesomewigs.com that has the same wigs for cheaper!

Yumeko
07-17-2003, 12:45 AM
that was most likely UPS...I've ordered from Witchwigs several times (My primary supplier) and haven't had a problem yet. Just keep calling and try sending them an e-mail.

and on a side note, I think you were being a tad overdramatic by saying your friend's chii costume is ruined becuase the wig was lost.

penultimate03
07-17-2003, 01:34 AM
I need a wig too by Otakon. Found a good match on witchwigs.com, but it's too much for me and I'm definitely looking for the discount. The 40% discount can take my $70 wig I'm interested in down to a reasonable price. So this'll really help me out!

lunasreincarnat
07-17-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Yumeko

and on a side note, I think you were being a tad overdramatic by saying your friend's chii costume is ruined becuase the wig was lost.

errrr im not being overdramatic she cant be chii because she dosent have the wig and she doesnt have the money to spend another 40 dollars on a damn wig! and it was witch wigs for not packaging it correctly....... grrrrrrrrr -.- grumble....

Yui
07-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, Witchwigs has been great the ten times or so we've ordered from them. All their wigs are quality (unlike most online stores I've been noticing) and once you get to know their color system, it applies to all of their stock. And they're quite fast, and their customer service has been been friendly - for me anyway. ^_^*

Anyway, is there an Otakon order going on? I don't specifically need a new wig before October, but I will be at Otakon to claim it, and I'm willing to help you guys get up to the minimum of 12.

Leon
07-18-2003, 09:28 PM
I've actually seen a wig I need for an original costume that'll probably be done at Ohayocon...

Misa-chan
07-18-2003, 10:06 PM
I need to order a wig from witchwigs! I'd need mine by Otakon though, if it's not too much to ask. ;) Anyone else up for a last minute order??

ChibiRinoa
07-18-2003, 11:03 PM
i need two wigs from witchwigs.com before BAAF, and thats at the end of august...and i dunno if thas before or after otakon...-goes to check-

penultimate03
07-18-2003, 11:19 PM
I think we could easily get together an order of twelve
I need mine before/at Otakon ;_;

Anyone wanna start organizing it? XD

zephy
07-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Im going to need 2 wigs for Shoujocon and/or Otakon possibly. So you can count me in. I didn't have the money for the last one that was being organized :(

I'd run it, but unfortunately , I'm not the most organized of people ^_^;;;

Misa-chan
07-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ChibiRinoa
i need two wigs from witchwigs.com before BAAF, and thats at the end of august...and i dunno if thas before or after otakon...-goes to check-

Yup, that's after Otakon. ;) Shall I start a thread for this? Maybe the best person to organize it is someone who has Paypal or something, and that person isn't me! ^^;

Misa-chan
07-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Here you go:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16651

TyJILDown
07-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Well, I went ahead and ordered my wigs...I would have organized the order but I didn't have the money on my debit card and I am not gonna chance waiting for people's money and not getting my wig in time...sorry about that. Things are REALLY coming down to the line so if you're gonna place any orders, do it within a week with the discount or not.

Andrea
07-22-2003, 07:53 PM
And then there's some of us who don't need the wigs by Otakon (...and won't have money by then anyway). I'm all for having a more laid-back order plan for those who, like me, are looking to save money rather than make last-minute orders... because yeah, trying to organize something like this as a last minute pre-con thing might not work so well.

I know a friend who's looking to buy a wig or two as well, and doesn't need them by Otakon, so I bet we could get an order together in a few weeks...

Firegirl
07-25-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm looking for wigs in time for Anime Reactor, so I'm not too worried about it. That discount is tempting, though...

HowilnMadMurphy
07-25-2003, 08:58 PM
I'd be interested in buying three soonishly. Can't at this very moment, unfortunately... I'll set this thread to email me when there's replies. How would shipping and stuff work? Who would order them all, etc. We couldn't just meet up since we're all in different states, it seems.

Andrea
07-25-2003, 10:15 PM
I noticed on the other thread, one person was in charge, and people would PayPal that person the money for the wig at the discount price, plus like $5 for shipping. Of course, that does require some trust in the person who's organizing it, that they won't just take the PayPal money and run. (Sorry, I'm a suspicious person by nature, and a cheapskate - which is why I like this idea. ;))

Seems like that would work well (at least within the continental US), so I'd be all for that... willing to organize, too, although I'm not even sure yet when I might be able to get in on an order... found out that the job I thought I was going to get isn't even hiring for another week or two. Bleh. I need employment before I can get wigs.

Nicatat
07-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Well Angel Kat posted this on another web board but hasn't replied since. I kinda am in a bind to get my wigs.... soon.... so if nothing else I'll just hop on this train and i wouldn't mind organizing it either (I have no life).... *shrugs* but I need them by the end of August....