PDA

View Full Version : Hotel information is up!

Tigress
10-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Go to the Animazment site and follow the link to the Marriott's site to make with the reserving! I've already reserved mine!

TybaltFlux
10-16-2008, 05:45 AM
About time! (for us impatient people anyways)

Reserving today =D, thanks for the heads-up!

Kyasaren
10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
OMG NO WAI O:

-edit-

Reserved 8D

Shadowoffire123
10-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I have no money. >_>

I'll have to see if my dad gets free rooms at the Marriott...

MinaUchiha2
10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Yay I has room! Yay!!

djkidna
10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I live ten minutes away from the convention center so I will no longer be booking hotels, yay. Instead I'm have 10 or so people staying over at my place and we're probably going to carpool to the convention. I love having it at the RCC! >:3

LanceBardock
10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Its great to see AZ hit the convention center status! now to find out just how easy it is to get to

TenkanTamago
10-17-2008, 06:43 PM
It's actually pretty easy. When I was visiting people in Dorothea Dix I was going by the place without even realizing it. The area around it is poorly lit at night, at least it was then, so make sure you got your directions down pretty pat.

Nothing will ever beat the two turns off 40 though. *starwipes and nostalgia*

Tohma
10-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Got my room ^^ Wow..seems so early. I don't think I reserved a room for this year until about April XD Now I just have to remember for the next 7 months that I already did it.

Going to be strange being someplace new. I've only been going to Animazement since 2005 but I've gotten so used to that hotel.

fear_nothing
10-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I've reserved mine. Now we need pre-registration

Some Guy
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Just finished reserving my group's rooms.

multii
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
hey guyssss you think i should go to a hotel this year?

kireina seishin
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I live ten minutes away from the convention center so I will no longer be booking hotels, yay. Instead I'm have 10 or so people staying over at my place and we're probably going to carpool to the convention. I love having it at the RCC! >:3

*sigh* I live really close too, but I still want a room! I can't decide what I should do...

Sh!bby
11-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Reserved my room...they said they didn't have any doubles left, so I got a king and they made a note to switch me to a double if any came available. Which they should, they always do.

TenkanTamago
11-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Reserved my room...they said they didn't have any doubles left, so I got a king and they made a note to switch me to a double if any came available. Which they should, they always do.

This is more or less what everyone has been getting. I told you about the extra 20 bucks per person per night after two people, right? u__u

xlynx
11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I may be rooming in with some one not 100% shure yet.

minakocat
11-13-2008, 06:19 PM
*sigh* I live really close too, but I still want a room! I can't decide what I should do...

i'm in the same bout! I literally live like 5 minutes away.... but definitely not walking distance! ahhhh I got to decide soon! :D

Sh!bby
11-14-2008, 01:36 PM
This is more or less what everyone has been getting. I told you about the extra 20 bucks per person per night after two people, right? u__u

No, I found that out on the site when I tried to reserve. Said 'eff that' and put down two.

Because there'll be a lot more than hotels ever allow in others' rooms, and I'm putting my cap at 4, I doubt anyone will care. However, the extra charges are bull.

LanceBardock
01-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Anyone know if the hotel is full, i to reserve online and it says it is, but you know how sometimes comps can be lying so I'll try again but I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it first

TenkanTamago
01-11-2009, 02:02 PM
The Marriott is full now, but I say keep trying, or try back in April/May.

They're currently talking to the Sheraton about getting a group rate, discount, etc. Stay tuned for next week, folks!

chevron694
01-11-2009, 07:17 PM
You guys are luck I was looking for reservation long before AZ put up there hotel information and forgot about and then remember in mid December so I have reservation a the Sheraton that beside the Marriott and the BB&T. Its basically across the street from the convention center. Its a small crappy little brick building that shadowed my the Marriott. But it wants there and they have parking. WARNING the traffic or downtown Raleigh is a maze and the area near the Marriott and the convention center is under construction at the moment so look out some of you may get lost. I couldn't even find the Marriott on my GPS it so new so come prepared. I did reconsecrates the other day.

TenkanTamago
01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
WARNING the traffic or downtown Raleigh is a maze and the area near the Marriott and the convention center is under construction at the moment so look out some of you may get lost. I couldn't even find the Marriott on my GPS it so new so come prepared. I did reconsecrates the other day.

THIS! This is why I HATE going to Raleigh, other big cities as well, but mostly Raleigh. But I'll tough it out for AZ. I need to learn the layout of the land anyway. Stupid capital. xD

I know on the AZ forum William said they need to confirm with the Marriott if it is in fact full. They're checking first because the site was telling everyone the hotel was full a month ago, it very much wasn't. For now though, it still says it is. I'd still book at the Sheraton to be safe. You never know with these moves people could decide AZ is the place to BE Memorial Day weekend. @_@

chevron694
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
well on the day I made my reservations the Marriott had some rooms but they were sweets and it was 400 dollars a night. Yea if you guy have a GPS I put in the address for the center and it took me to a road closed road near it so I suggest look up the Sheraton it take you right there. when I drove around in downtown Raleigh I'm a shamed to say for a moment i was pride i lived in Durham.

Tigress
01-11-2009, 11:05 PM
If the site is saying that the hotel is full, try calling the hotel itself via the local number and checking. You may luck out.

Personally, I'm parking my car at the hotel Friday morning and it's not moving again until Sunday afternoon.

TenkanTamago
01-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Personally, I'm parking my car at the hotel Friday morning and it's not moving again until Sunday afternoon.

Heh, this is what I do every year. Doesn't stop my dumb friends from wanting to go gallivanting around, though. No real reason to this year since there's a nice variety of food places within walking distance.

Lovelychristina
01-12-2009, 02:47 AM
It seems to be full :P I've got one room and is looking for a extra XD

Markedman247
01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
There should be 1 more room opening up. I have one currently booked and a friend of mine has one as well but she's possibly bowing out. So, this means I will taking her room (dbl) and mine (single) will be opening it up. But, still have to justify that much money on a two bedder without a second person. Typically, I can use my discount that defaults to a double but not in this case. Maybe I can build a little fort?

But, once again the future is fluid.

I'll have more updates as I get them.

On a side note: I may need a Wig Ninja to help me with my costume with my wing girl possibly bowing out.

LanceBardock
01-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep...i can confirm the full p_q

Terranell
01-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I've been trying to go to Animazement for years! I'm really excited that I finally get to go this year... and it gives me an excuse to visit my family back at home again since I live in Pittsburgh, PA now. =) I reserved my room~

For those of you who have been to this convention, how is the hotel? Is it close to where the actual con is going to be?

Edit: I just realized that the Mariott is full now. Guess I should clarify, that's the hotel I have the reservation for.

Sh!bby
01-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Terranell, the Marriott and convention center are brand spankin' new. None of us have been there before, not that I know of anyways, and definitely not for a con. We were in the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, but we outgrew it. Thankfully, the Raleigh Convention Center has just recently been completed and will be Animazement's new home.

But brand new hotel, and it's a Marriott? Gotta be pretty sweet. And the convention center's huge.

I don't know about any hotels around that, though. For the most part, hotel chains like Sheratons and Marriotts tend to have a standard to maintain and most of them are nice enough, from my experience! (note: there's crap hotels in every chain...but they're usually in not-so-great locations)

Tigress
01-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I've been trying to go to Animazement for years! I'm really excited that I finally get to go this year... and it gives me an excuse to visit my family back at home again since I live in Pittsburgh, PA now. =) I reserved my room~

For those of you who have been to this convention, how is the hotel? Is it close to where the actual con is going to be?

Edit: I just realized that the Mariott is full now. Guess I should clarify, that's the hotel I have the reservation for.

The Marriott is right across the street from the convention center. As has been said before, they are both brand new, so none of us have been there before. But I've had rather positive experiences* with Marriott's chain, so it should be a nice stay.

*Really, my hotel room is just a Place for My Stuff, so I don't take advantage of the amenities aside from the Internet connection and breakfast. As long as I have a bed when I finally get tired, the shower has scalding hot water to scrub off con funk, and housekeeping leaves me alone, I'm happy.

TenkanTamago
01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Did anyone happen to catch if the 'net connection here is free? The last few hotels I've stayed at were all pay per computer. >: (

Shadowoffire123
01-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Are there any other close by hotels, or am I going to have to pretty much book at the Sheraton?

Tigress
01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Did anyone happen to catch if the 'net connection here is free? The last few hotels I've stayed at were all pay per computer. >: (

They have a WebTV dealie that you can access for free. To hook up your laptop, it's $9.95/day. I'm sure there's a place that offers free Wi-Fi or has unsecured access in the area.

While I understand needing to pay for the bandwidth, I never understood why the higher end hotels charge for a fridge, microwave and Internet access while the lower end $50/night rooms offer it free of charge.

Fallain
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM
does anyone know exactly how far away the Sheraton is? I tried googling it but I guess the convention center is too new... I know the animazement site said only a few minutes walk but i'm kinda on the shy side and i'm not sure how i'd be with walking downtown Raleigh in cosplay O_O

TenkanTamago
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
From what I've read/seen it's literally beside it, but I don't live in Raleigh and haven't been. @__@

Fallain
01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
From what I've read/seen it's literally beside it, but I don't live in Raleigh and haven't been. @__@
ah, well I guess we can only hope then U_U It's not like theres any other hotel closer anyways and maybe this is a good thing? This will encourage me to spend my entire time at the con instead of in the hotel room and spend less money because I won't want to run back and forth across and street lol

TenkanTamago
01-21-2009, 11:45 PM
ah, well I guess we can only hope then U_U It's not like theres any other hotel closer anyways and maybe this is a good thing? This will encourage me to spend my entire time at the con instead of in the hotel room and spend less money because I won't want to run back and forth across and street lol

I assumed you'd be rooming with Katie or someone down there. Then again, I only know of you. @___@;

Fallain
01-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I assumed you'd be rooming with Katie or someone down there. Then again, I only know of you. @___@;
.....you know of me? I'm a mixture of flattered and creeped out.
And yes, I will be but she hasn't reserved a room yet so I thought i'd try to help out and try to look around for somwhere closer or cheaper for us.

TenkanTamago
01-22-2009, 05:01 AM
..are we talking about the same Katie? The one with two kids, husband, dog? It's easy to know of people when we have the same friends. @_@ Heh, that whole Wilmington thing.

Fallain
01-22-2009, 09:07 AM
..are we talking about the same Katie? The one with two kids, husband, dog? It's easy to know of people when we have the same friends. @_@ Heh, that whole Wilmington thing.
Yep, that's her. But now I just feel bad because I don't reconize you at all. I'll look for you at AZ this year to make it up to you ^^()

TenkanTamago
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Heh, that's quite all right, the only year (at AZ) I did anything big was back in '07.

Oh yeah, I know for a fact Devon has a room, so yeah. I think you're set. Unless, of course, he goes nuts and kills it. @_@

Fallain
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Heh, that's quite all right, the only year (at AZ) I did anything big was back in '07.

Oh yeah, I know for a fact Devon has a room, so yeah. I think you're set. Unless, of course, he goes nuts and kills it. @_@

Oh..well...nevermind then lol I guess I was just wasting me time. Oh well, "it's the thought that counts", right?

And that explains why I don't recognize you, '08 was my first con. ^.^() I'll still look you up this time around though

Thanks