PDA

View Full Version : Need help/ideas for Avatar Aang Costume

whitt9
10-20-2008, 01:30 AM
First, just let me say that I'm new here. :) I was told about this site from an employee at the Halloween Express store in Lexington. I was asking him about an Aang costume because my son desperately wants to be Aang for Halloween. Instead of buying a different costume, he has opted to let mommy try to make it for him (he's 11 so I really don't want to mess this up for him). If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any comments / suggestions given!! :toothy:

Dr.Saki
10-20-2008, 02:01 AM
you should put up some reference photos. Front, side, back of costume along with props. Most clothing fabrics can be helped made and used in Jo anns fabric and taught how to sew and cut. And then for the body, use a white swim cap with skin tone paint on it. Then you can body paint the blue arrows.

tsumikuroi
10-22-2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=58821
This thread should be of some help.

whitt9
11-02-2008, 03:15 AM
:bigtu:Thanks for the suggestions. My son was very happy with the way his costume turned out! It's obviously not an exact replica & not as good as some of the pics that I saw on here, but he liked it and I heard more than 5 comments as we were Trick or Treating last night where kids & adults were saying... "Look! He's the Avatar!" or "Hey... it's Aang" so I guess I did an okay job. I couldn't get the photos to load here, but they are posted on my myspace account. If anyone is interested... www.myspace.com/jbjwanted The pics are in a folder with the title of Halloween 2008 (I think that's what I named it).

Again, thanks for the suggestions. You were very helpful.... this was my first attempt at making any kind of clothing / costume & considering that I didn't have a pattern... my son told me that he was proud of me and proud to wear it!

L8R,
Jenn