PDA

View Full Version : Akito/Agito Jacket(from Air Gear)

NinjasDontFear
10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Help please. :) I always liked his jacket and would like to make it wear random wear.
For people who have made this before, what kind of patten should I use and fabrics and stuff? I would like to make this as realistic as possible. I have little experience in making clothes, but I do know how to sew other things pretty well. If that pattern I can just get from online and like print it or something, that would be most desirable, because I'm short on cash. :waaaah:

Anything else like tips and pointers would be helpful too.
^_^

o01101011
10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Well for fabric pleather would be your best bet for accuracy purposes.

Xwolf Okami
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Wait....which jacket are you making?

If it's the black leather jacket, then yes, pleather/leather would be your best bet.

If it's the straitjacket however, I would advise something else. I used twill for mine, and I think it came out pretty good. (Normal straitjackets are canvas, but I would advise against wearing canvas.)

For patterns, I used this one:
Pattern (http://kwiksew.com/Catalog/cat_detail.cfm)

I modified the sleeves, and I made the sides so that there wasn't a contrast. I also had to enlarge the pattern a little bit.

I used black double fold and white single fold for the stripes. I also used a 65" or so zipper for the front, but yours may be longer 'cause I'm pretty short. I also used silver 1" swivel hooks for the hooks at the end of his straps.

NinjasDontFear
10-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Thanks! This helped a lot. Yes, I hope to make the straight jacket one. It rocks. ^_^
But the link for the pattern does not open right on my computer. >=/
Basically all I would have to do is take a regular jacket pattern, and modify the sleeves. I'll probably make it a little longer too. The hood should be a bundle of fun. XD

^_^

Agito<3Akito
06-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Hey i just found your post on Agito's jacket i want to make one too. Your photo of you in the jacket is brilliant can you make me one aswell?. :P jj but it looks so close to perfect you are a genius. i tried the link you gave that other girl and it doesnt work for me either. I'll keep trying.

You Rock.

mouseomo
11-18-2010, 10:12 AM
If the file doesn't open right, you can try this tutorial =)
It's very good, but you'd need to alter the lengths of the arms and such when you needed it, but other then that it's fine.
Good luck!
http://www.theduchy.com/Tiernan/Public/make-sj/Materials.htm