PDA

View Full Version : Does you height shy away from some crossplay?

Meta
07-16-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm 5'10" and (although i dont know for sure) I bet Mana is a bit shorter. I want to cosplay him (i'm also a guy, but Mana's costume is feminine, so i figured i could ask this on a crossplay board. When I wear those shoes he wears, ill probably be like 6'1". That wont make people think Im Mana. What things can i do to make me look shorter than i really am? Thanks.

Gren
07-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Really, the only way to fool people about how tall you are is to sit down. tall people are going to be tall, no matter what. There's no skirt making trick that can hide the fact their craning their necks to look at you. But it's cosplay. It's pretty unlikely that no matter how good a costume is, someone will mistake a person for the J Rocker, so don't worry about it. You rheight is fine. What's more impressive. "Wow! That's an ecsellent costume!" or "Wow! That person is Mana's height!... I think... how many centimeters to an inch is it again?"

Michi
07-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Mana's like 5'8" if I remember correctly. Don't worry about it.

My height (5'5") hasn't ever stopped me from crossplay... The guys I've been were never that tall to begin with, and if they are I just use platforms.
My bodytype though, being a very skinny female, has stopped me from my dream crossplay for now. :p I need to pack on some muscle in my scrawny arms or something.

Shonen_Star
07-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Well my problem is the complete opposite. I am a 5'2" female. If I were to use platform shoes...it would sorta takes the Manliness out of a male character. so I consider my crossplaying as Chibi-crossplaying.

As for you, a few inches too tall........I don't think it would be noticable.