PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been attracted to a guy/girl crossplaying?

Hibiki-chan
07-16-2003, 11:32 AM
This is more of a specific question, as opposed to "What do you think of guys crossplaying?"

Well, here goes anyhow.

My girl buddy and I got into a discussion regarding my costume and who I'm portraying. As a few of you know, and from looking at the avatar, I'm planning to cosplay as Honjo Kamatari -- a guy who crossdresses and appears rather feminine.

Now a hypothetical question came up and she asked, "Well, if you were looking to hook up with someone at a convention, what gender were you hoping to 'attract'?" It was a silly question, but it did raise some more questions about people meeting their soul mates while cosplaying and all the wonderful things I've seen while browsing through the forums.

So I pose this question on behalf of my friend, since we're in a cosplay forum and this is posted in a category devoted to crossplaying...

Would you ever be attracted to an individual who crossplays?
(question revised 10:04 7-16-2003)

-- my personal answer

There was this one particular girl who was crossplaying as Arucard from Hellsing at AX 2003 on that Saturday, and I really had a small crush on her when we left. There were quite a few people playing Arucard that day but this one specifically caught my eye.

My personal answer would be yeah, I'm sure it's possible. But I wouldn't be able to answer on behalf of the ladies though.

Meta
07-16-2003, 11:50 AM
ya, i went to DragonCon in Atlanta (where i live) and saw a Mana. I know Mana is a guy, but this Mana looked like a girl (i guess Mana looks like a girl also). It turns out, i started to talk to him, and found out it was a guy. I was like, "Wow your a good crossplayer" He said thanks and then i vowed to myself that someday be that good at crossplay. I think its normal for that to happen, and when you find out you laugh at yourself.

True_Sanosuke
07-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Just wait tell u see me in my mana costume it will blow your socks off. Lol if u havnt guess i am a guy. I also think some girls look good dressed as guys and vis versa

AndroidOrion
07-16-2003, 12:42 PM
While I'm not sure, if I were going to a con and hoping to meet someone, that I would only go after crossplayers, it's certainly not something to discount them from the pool ;p Actually, if there were 10 people lined up in front of me in costume and someone said "pick one", I'd probably pick the crossplayer, because I find that people who are willing to do the whole gender-bending thing are in general more adventerous and open-minded, which is something I really like.

>>I also think some girls look good dressed as guys and vis versa

True_Sanosuke, I totally agree ^_^

RHIshida
07-16-2003, 06:01 PM
When I was dressed as Akane, a few guys did hit on me. It was kinda fun really, very flattering, and yes, I do get attracted to other crossplayers. ^_^

Karisu-sama
07-16-2003, 06:42 PM
"Have you ever been attracted to a guy/girl crossplaying?"

Yes. To both. :p

But I'm married, not relationship-seeking.

Gren
07-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I loooove seeing other crossplayers. Love it. And I have a lot of respect for men who are ballsey enough to go against all the social stigmas of dressing in a woman's clothing and just have fun. Love them! The world needs more crossplayers!

vyrax778
07-16-2003, 08:36 PM
My friend as Lulu was scary he looked so hot.
I was like i know im straight but man you look hot.

engrish
07-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Definitely yes.

Pendrell
07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Yes. Oddly enough, to a Shuichi crossplayer.

Hibiki-chan
07-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Gren
I loooove seeing other crossplayers. Love it. And I have a lot of respect for men who are ballsey enough to go against all the social stigmas of dressing in a woman's clothing and just have fun. Love them! The world needs more crossplayers!

The question's pretty much to this degree right here:
"Have you ever fallen in love or had a crush on a crossplayer?"

Not necessarily what we think of crossplayers in general. Its more of a "Will you fall in love, etc" question. :D Not trying to be mean, but just kinda trying to keep the thread on topic since it's something my friend and I are definitely curious about.

Scortia
07-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Yep... the reaaaally convincing ones. I think my biggest attractio was to the Touga and Saionji in the Utena musical... sitting there for 5 minutes or so thinking of how hot they were and then when they did a closer shot I was floored that they were girls. ;_;

Chosuke
07-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Definitely!

I've made a few embaressing mistakes too ^^;;
Like Cicatrice,thought she was a wonderful male kenshin for..since she posted the pictures oo;
I only found out she was a girl a bit ago ^^;;

megumibish
07-17-2003, 04:27 PM
heh heh I've had a lil' crush on a female crossplayer before...it's boggles my mind that she's female. She makes an uberkawai boy. Sah~~ boys don't usually look so bishounen.

odango-mango
07-17-2003, 05:44 PM
lol, yeah both guys and girls can look good. I'm also married but a little flirting at con won't hurt ^_____^;

Faye Valentine
07-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Yes, yes I definitely have been atractted. ^.^ At Fanime to a Tidus. Wow. She made a GREAT Tidus.
I have such respect for crossplayers--especially males. It's SO much harder for a male to pull off a female character than for a female to pull off a male. I love both though, so it's all good. :)

Kaede
07-17-2003, 09:09 PM
I'm always attracted to jrock crossplayers, like this one who was Toshiya (l)
http://cosplay.transient-pain.net/fiesta2003/plhu13.jpg
I'm attracted to the people who I really have to stop and think if they are a man or a woman.

Faye Valentine
07-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Kaede
I'm attracted to the people who I really have to stop and think if they are a man or a woman. [/B]
Wow. I agree!! Those are REALLY good costumes. I have quite a few J rocker pics from Fanime.
*dies*
I remember, on the first day, like the first 5 minutes we were there, I saw THE MOST GORGEOUS Asian guys I had ever seen in my entire life. I was too shy to ask for their picture, though. Such wonderful J rock cosplayers...ahhhh...

yuriko
07-20-2003, 01:17 AM
I'm personally attracted to both. I fall in with the j-rock crowd so I'm less surprised by the amazing crossdressing men, but they tend more toward androgyny. Whereas men who go to cons and crossplay actually end up looking more womanly which can be just as attractive.
But in general, I find I'm actually more attracted to really good cross-dressing women.

I think I just go for any sort of pretty boys or girls...

Bell-chan
07-20-2003, 04:20 AM
This thread is actually really interesting ^.^ Haha

There were some cases where some guys cosplaying were really attractive. In others... a girl crossplaying Squall nearly floored me XD (maybe it was her strange resemblance to the guy I like, and I really thought it was him).

Karisu-sama
07-20-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Bell-chan
a girl crossplaying Squall nearly floored me XD (maybe it was her strange resemblance to the guy I like, and I really thought it was him).
Do you mean L^3rd? She REALLY pulls off a dynamite Squall; she just SOOOO totally looks like him, I think! ^^

Lyn
07-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Yes and yes. I've found myself attracted to a number of crossdressers, both male and female. I'm generally more attracted to girls and feminine guys anyways so it makes sense to me.

Originally posted by Scortia
Yep... the reaaaally convincing ones. I think my biggest attractio was to the Touga and Saionji in the Utena musical... sitting there for 5 minutes or so thinking of how hot they were and then when they did a closer shot I was floored that they were girls. ;_;

OMG! I know exactly what you mean! Those two girls were gorgeous! And they did such an amazing job at looking like guys! They're my heros~! lol ^^

Beware_UY7
07-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Haha. What a great conversation... well, I'm singularly attracted to women, even if there are the occasional beautiful boys at cons. (Actually, my best buddy *who crossplays, crossdresses, etc...* and I tell eachother, "If you were the same sex as me, I'd sleep with you." ~I apparently make a pretty convincing hot guy; on normal occasions, I've been mistaken for a guy like 4 times by my closest friends... when they told me, the story always started 'well, there was this hot guy'~)

At one convention, I came across a woman crossplaying as Schuldig, well, then she 'kidnapped' me and there was great fun and such... and by the end of the weekend, I had developed a crush on her.

I doubt that I would've been as attracted to her though if she were trouncing around in a short skirt and heels. Hm, maybe it was the butch factor... since a girl's gotta' be pretty damned butch to get me to be femme. (Although I was dubbed the most uke Aya in existance at that con)

Another thing about being attracted to crossplayers, my friend *the pretty one* is one of those boys that you wouldn't even look twice at to decide if he was male or female, you'd just automatically think he's another pretty girl. And he says it's actually really annoying, because guys flirt with him a LOT, but they're all straight as an arrow and just don't realize he's male. Actually, at one point in time, he went to school, dressing as masculinly as possible, hoping people would realize his true gender, and some jerk guys walked past him and called him a tomboy!

Crossdressing/playing crosses so many little lines, that it gets quite confusing, like hetero girls getting crushes on female crossplayers, and the reverse. It's great. I love it.

vyrax778
07-21-2003, 03:57 PM
I still like the look on my friends face when I showed him a pic of Mana.
Him: "wow she's hot"
Me: "um thats a guy"
Him: *weird look on face* :"thats really a guy?"
me: "yep Mana is a guy"

Apsara
07-22-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm desperately in love with a female Gackuto cosplayer. She was in the costume that I usually call Gackt's Alucard & Daddy impersonation. She looked exactly like him...except for the height.

I see her attending various cons and saw her at a local con several times. I didn't dare say anthing...or ask for her picture. I feel so silly, but I can't help it.

Apsara

Chas
07-23-2003, 01:12 AM
There are just some people who are soooo fantastic and beautiful in crossplay! (as well as out, but that's not what the conversation is for!) It's just great inspiration to try harder to be a good crossplayer, too! Even if it makes you feel all blushynikonikowakuwakufluffyOMFG inside when you see them, it's inspiring. XD XD XD

Ihrie
07-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Why yes I have....Lucifer's Reno....she was so hot ^_^

Kei Hoshiakari
07-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Crossplayers can be hot. I met this really sexy Toshiya once... *.*

Lucifer
07-25-2003, 08:10 AM
> >Why yes I have....Lucifer's Reno....she was so hot ^_^ < <

Aww, thankie! ^___^

Mm, to be honest females that crossplay really well I tend to find more attractive then otherwise, might be the bishy look. I haven't seen many men crossplay (to the point where you can't tell they are a man), but I do love any men who cosplays androgenous people (i.e. Mana).

Merle-kun
07-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Awww... no one attracted to me? =P I've been hit on a few times... invited to parties... *^^*

RHIshida
07-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Aw don't worry Merle, we care about you too!

Sellafine
07-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Attracted??Definetely YES!!!
My self is a crossplayer too...my fave crossplay is pretty boy :P
But...I must do it backstreet.....anyway... :(

Railiens
07-27-2003, 01:16 AM
I'm attracted to you, Merle-kun! Your crossplay is the hottest :)

Those of you who attended Anime Expo may remember the cosplayer dressed completely in black with the blindfold and the lantern, I believe it was. Well, damn.. I thought she had the hottest legs and was dead sexy, and just as I turn around, she started talking in a low voice! Of course I'm attracted to crossplayers... men as females and females as men.. kinda confuses me a bit, but hey, if they look good, have a nice tushy, I'm officially their new stalker. I don't care what kind of package they may or may not be carrying. If they is hot, I am all over it.

PsychoShinji
07-27-2003, 10:15 AM
I definately think that crossplay can be appealing. I can't really say whether or not I "fall in love", but I do know that _I_ have been hit on quite a few times as Shinji or Akito Tenkawa. It's very flattering, but sometimes I think that the other person is disappointed when they find out my real gender. I personally admire the male crossplayers especially because they have guts to dress like a female in a world that is sometimes intolerant.

BTW, as an example of awesome crossplay...Karisu-sama, you are so cool! I saw you at Otakon 2001 and let me tell you...you are the BEST Dilandou that I have ever seen. ^^

Merle-kun
07-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Thanks Railiens! You look pretty darn hot yourself! =3

Karisu-sama
07-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by PsychoShinji
BTW, as an example of awesome crossplay...Karisu-sama, you are so cool! I saw you at Otakon 2001 and let me tell you...you are the BEST Dilandou that I have ever seen. ^^
Anouuuu.... while I appreciate it when people like my costumes, I cannot take credit for another's work. Karisu-Dilandau-sama very rarely gets out of California, and has never been to Otakon, although she would very much like to. (~__^

*thinks of at least 3 cosplayers whose cool Otakon Dilandau costumes I have seen on the 'net: HystericBlue was one of 'em...*

If you haven't been to AX, Fanime or Ani-Magic in the past few years you probably haven't seen Karisu-Dilandau in person. ^^ (But you can check my gallery! :p )

Hibiki-chan
07-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Railiens
...those of you who attended Anime Expo may remember the cosplayer dressed completely in black with the blindfold and the lantern, I believe it was. Well, damn.. I thought she had the hottest legs and was dead sexy, and just as I turn around, she started talking in a low voice!...

Areeeeeh? That makes me wonder minna-san... if I saw all these people at Anime Expo, I could've met some of you!

But anyhow, yeah, I would've never thought that girl was a guy! And I was siffling through some of the new AX pics and some are just totally confusing o_O. I can't really tell you the page number, but I'm sure y'all can relate.

And by the way, I jumped into the Malice Mizer bandwagon (I know, couple of years late I'm afraid). At the very least, now I actually know who the heck Mana and Gackt are :thumbsup: . (still can't believe he hasn't heard of the band since he was a big goth person in High School)

*clears throat*

And just to reitterate what one of you all said, it is fun to see someone "trick" you by making you think that they're a particular gender :)

Lady
07-29-2003, 06:50 AM
I stumbled upon a picture of Khamryn in a Gackt crossplay back when I first got into conventions and cosplaying, and I really thought she was a very pretty boy*nods* Was very sad when I found out a year later that 'that really hot guy' I'd seen in a picture was really a girl!*laughs*

-Lady

PsychoShinji
07-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Woah...that means that who I saw wasn't the person...I must be going nuts. The girl at Otakon did the laugh and everything...

The pics in your gallery are very cool. The likeness is amazing!!!!

Karisu-sama
07-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by PsychoShinji
Woah...that means that who I saw wasn't the person...I must be going nuts. The girl at Otakon did the laugh and everything...
Yeah, I think you mean HystericBlue. ^^ I've heard she's got a very good voice for it. I'd like to meet her.

[i]The pics in your gallery are very cool. The likeness is amazing!!!! Thanks!

Nicatat
07-30-2003, 01:10 AM
I'm late getting to this topic but I do have to post a reply... I was cosplaying Fluffy from Inu-Yasha (Shessoumaru) and this girl ran up to me and was like "Oh my god! I love you..." she glomped me.. and then came back about 5 minutes later and said "Look," pointing right between her breasts.... "I have a pin of you now" -_-... I don't think she realized I was a girl though....

Same girl did the same thing to a friend of mine while she was Li from CCS... maybe she just likes crossplaying girls.. who knows...

Goth Kitty 22
07-31-2003, 02:56 AM
I could be attracted a crossplaying girl.

Most people in the world follow this clean cut and ideal way of living. I say ideal because reality isn't clean cut. I have my own logic. While it may be complicated, it works for me.

I have many male interests. And while I define myself as a man attracted to women, I don't believe in gender boundaries because it makes people awkward.

Testosterone aside, the macho ideal many men follow says they can't be soft or open. The only thing to work towards is to be tougher than other men. Because if your not, you are weak and liable to spread this weakness. And if they lean too far to the soft side or can't be tough enough, they may overcompensate by becoming aggressive.

Women also have their extremes. However, this is lessening in a few countries such as the US. The main issue is the old teaching that women are less capable than men. Women who follow this could only be capable enough to survive within their realm. They have no ability or desire to reach out.

This brings me back to men. Many children love their mothers more than their fathers. It is the mother who uses her emotion. It is she who can understand her children.

I have been told that I'm very forward thinking. And that I'm going farther out than what many can follow or would consider.

I love machines and weapons. My current obsession is airguns. My goal is to become an industrial designer. I also play sports. But I also collect stuffed animals. I also love fashion. If I could, I would integrate women's clothing into my wardrobe. They are more stylish than men's and I feel like I can let loose. I can choose an outfit that better fits with my mood.

When I had my ponytail, I could be confused as a woman without even trying. I went shopping with my mom and the salesperson called us ladies. I was looking at cellphones and the guy called me Ms. even though I was speaking with a normal voice. XD

I like pretty men and would like to flirt or converse with them freely like women do. I think they are truly free and am not intimidated by them. Have some interesting conversations.

I like capable women who have varied interests. Her interests can be similar to mine and mine to hers. I know that nobody is perfectly compatible. But this way is less one-sided, with more common ground.

On another note, I like the fun sexual situations this can bring up. Those who saw the Yaoi Vash and Wolfwood skit at ACEN 03 know what I mean. The Vash was actually the Wolfwood's girlfriend. Harmless fun.

So to answer your question, yes, I can and have been attracted to crossplayers.

Mizuno Tenshi
07-31-2003, 06:39 AM
Merle-kun, you ARE hot! I WANT YOUR BABIES! umm.... wait... *feels chest* I'm a guy... never mind... :D
We could try anyways, though! ;)

P-chan

P.S. I haven't really seen anyone 'pass' during a crossplay. Some girls as bishie came close, though...

Beware_UY7
07-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Ha, that gir- i mean person at AX in the hoop skirt was MALE? *crushed* Hm... and I renew my search for a girl that, like me, wishes fashions from the 1860's would come back. (I mean, how many times can hippy fashions come back!?) He was still a beautiful creature, though.

Merle-kun
07-31-2003, 02:27 PM
*blushes* Thanks Mizuno! I dunno about trying for the babies though... lol.

I judge passing on how many people mistake me, or others, as the gender we're portraying. I can spot just about everyone who's crossplaying, but I guess that's from experience.

Karisu-sama
07-31-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Merle-kun
I judge passing on how many people mistake me, or others, as the gender we're portraying. I can spot just about everyone who's crossplaying, but I guess that's from experience.
Ditto. I think I've just got a really good eye for it, maybe because I'm an artist and have studied bone structure so much... One peek at AX at the hoopskirt lady and I knew "she" was a crossplayer - told my husband, and he was surprised - heh... :)

I can spot just about anyone who's TS too, and THEY are SERIOUSLY trying "to pass" as born that way. But it's up to THEM to tell me, I won't say anything... :)

Cicatrice
08-06-2003, 11:25 AM
I have been attracted to crossplayers before! Of corse! xD

^O^

KyraEnsui
08-06-2003, 11:25 PM
I was really attracted to someone who crossdress... Umm....I think it is crossdress. My friend's friend cosplay as Nuriko just to play a prank on his friend but yeah, I just started to like him. Hehe...

Sephiroth-chan
08-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Saaa, speaking of phenominal Croosplaying, Merl-kun! At A-kon14, I found you and mentioned I had a tape still with you in your trademark Merl costume from A-kon11 those years back. For the life of me, I can't recall if I was dressed as integral that day, or Sephiroth, lol. Anyhow, Give me a word if you want a copy of the tape still...I know they are hard to find nowadays. I still love how you scampered across the stage, lol.

And I have to say...I really feel jealous. You wear a Dress SO much better than I . -_- Then again, I look like my Dad w4earing a Suit. *shrugs* Go figure.

Crossplaying is fun...but EVEN more fun when you can fool some of the same people twice. A lil boy came to me in my Sephiroth costume and after we had pictures taken togeather, I said something to him in my normal voice. He was shocked to find out i was a girl. on the other hand...the day before, he was shocked to find out I was a girl in my Integral costume. *sweatdrops*Still don't know if I should be flattered on that one.

Let's hope this year my big Kitty costume, Kimahri, comes out all the more confusing.

As for prefferences...me personally, I judge more by what pleases my eye and personality rather than the narrowed columns of He/She. I try not to descriminate, lol. Though, I find an immediate endearment for anyone blind and/or crazy enough to think I'm in the remotest sense attractive. (Side note: Being a little person, I detest Cute. it's what you call children with whipcream in their hair and jellybeans up their nose. ~_~)

And again, Merl...you are the most kawaii Merl cosplayer I've ever seen. More kudos to you!

Sephi-chan

Merle-kun
08-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Thanks for all the compliments Sephi-chan! I would still love a copy of that tape =3 I've never seen myself on stage as Merle before... and I even filmed the rest of the cosplay! ^^;;; I'm planning to redo my Merle costume and make it even better, someday... ^^;

Sephiroth-chan
08-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Bring your Merl to A-kon next year, Merle-Kun and we can get some crossplay Kitty pics togeather! A whole new avenue of crossplay, lol. Not just gender bending, but species also. ^_^ So much fun. *grins and snuggles Merle* I love how you hissed at "Captain Tylor" on stage, lol.

Merle-kun
08-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Hmm.. maybe that's what I'll aim for with my revamped Merle costume =3 Though I never plan very far ahead as far as costumes for cons go.... so it's a maybe =3 I may finish the re-do early if the urge strikes me.

Prince Jaraius
08-12-2003, 04:15 AM
I have been attracted to both male and female crossplayers...
I look so much like a girl I myself love to crossplay! if I don't crossplay I go as a cute bishounen.
I love it when the girls go as guys, I find that very hot!

katrinastrife
08-14-2003, 11:05 PM
*hopes that she doesn't embarrass this person!!!*

http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/jacon2003/38/source/j2003-2334.shtml

I dunno, I can't figure out whether this is a guy or a girl... ^___^;;; I think they're very nice looking, though!

Anyway, I have a boyfriend, so I can't really say that I'd go for a crossplayer... but, I think that they have guts for doing what they do!

Shadowlvr
08-15-2003, 04:12 PM
If thats a guy in that link it sure looks like a women.

Shadowlvr
08-15-2003, 04:13 PM
What an intresting thread i cant believe i read all the pages! *pases out*

Decibella
08-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Few boys can really pull it off. But with a lot of make up and the right costume, but the ones who can look like uber babes! When my Girlfriend crossplays as , say, Alucard or something, she really looks really sexy. If you think someone at a con is really pretty, regardless of their gender go up and tell them so! The worst they could say is Arigatou...

Arisugawa Juri
08-23-2003, 02:18 AM
At Anime Expo, both Railiens and I were in love with Rosiel in her portrayal of Amon from Witch Hunter Robin. She has this androgynous beauty that is simply stunning. So yes, I suppose I have been attracted to a crossplayer.

M.S. Fisher
08-23-2003, 02:46 AM
I did chase around a Squall at a con I went to. I ran into him in a room party and one downstairs and it was the next morning that I found out it was a girl. I wasn't as embarrassed as I thought I would have been, but I have met many young ladies that make very delicious looking boys.

And I'm slightly jealous of the boys I've met that make pretty girls. Tch!

I was hesitant about saying anything but now I know better. I'll be sure to comment on how attractive he or she is and maybe I'll give em a snog for the camera's ;)

And the one link you posted katrinastrife I have no idea but I'm sort of leaning toward girl after studying their figure. I can see hints *shrugs* either way. Hot.

inertia
08-24-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm female and basically straight but have definitely been attracted to crossplaying women. I still can't forget one particular Kamijo I met 3 years ago... She was doing his "Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru" costume and had cut her hair short just like his and was SO sexy. Wow. WOW. She was obviously female despite the costume but I think it only added to her sexiness. Wow.

For me it only works one way, though. If a man looks very female I'll admire his beauty, but I'm not at all attracted to him.

Cherry
08-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Hah! What an interesting topic to stumble over!

Merle-kun! You're still as cute as always. I hate you for it! ^_^

I definatly have been attracted to both types of cosplayers, females and males, but not for cosplay reasons. More they were just people I liked that happened to cross play. ^_^

Sephiroth-chan! ::Tackle:: XD For example. Me and Sephiroth-chan were running around together at A-Kon making all sorts of horrible jokes at each other because she was dressed as my character. Not nessisarily attraction, but hey! Sephiroth is Sephiroth, work with me! XD

I also hold no sort of discrepensies for Cross Players because I myself am one!

yasafusa
09-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, love at first sight... maybe not, but I had some really funny stuff happen to me at the Comicon dressed as Rally Vincent... The first one that comes to mind is when this guy was just staring at me (prolly more so my rack) with this stupid "Hey Baby" look... {So that's what it looks like.... :P} Anyway, I was walking around a little later, when I felt a very deliberate squeezing of my tush... I turned around and gave a quiet *ahem*... This was the same guy that was staring at me {I recoginized the Eva shirt}, He then got a much better look at my face and said, WOAH! wha-wha..... Oh, bitchin outfit dude, sorry about the butt thing..." I just laughed and said no prob, thanks for the compliment.

The other one that really comes to mind: While waiting in line for the bathroom (the men's) this cute girl walks by doing a double take and then runs into her friend, she then smiles and runs up to me and asks if she could "feel them", so I said sure. She give a great big double handed gOOSh. Then she gives me a great big glomp and says, "thankyou!"... I really didn't have a response to that one...

yasafusa
09-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Oops almost forgot... it's a little off subject, but great!
I got to see KaraokeKate (Katie Bair) at the Antarctic Press booth. While she was singing autographs I patiently waited in line, so when I got up to her table, I asked her if she could sign one of my falsies! She said, "Sure, I'd love to!" Without missing a beat.... I was soo in shock I could barely open up my shirt! Of course everyone else was laughing themselves to tears or in jaw-dropped amazed at this scene!
Hearts didn't go pitter patter, but it was great!

vyrax778
09-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Merle-kun its fun showing pics of you to my friends and going "isnt this person hot" and watching the look on there face when I tell em "thats a guy"

khamryn
09-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Lady- *_*;;

And you guys.. just so yah know.. the blindfolded crossplayer in the skirt (i'd typed skit o_O), is Jezeroth. I think he'd be really happy to know he convinced you he was a girl really well. n_n

Menchi
09-10-2003, 12:29 AM
i remember this one person (not sure what gender they were) but they were dressed as morrigan at otakon...jus remember they were genericly beautiful. :thumbsup: but yeah it was like their gender didnt matter at all in that case.

Cactuarsama
09-21-2003, 01:58 AM
yup ! my boyfriend is a crossplayer, i first saw him as ky schweitzer (or however you spell it) then found out that he mainly crossplayed, I saw his sakura summer costume and melted.......

BattousaiHimura
09-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Ever been attracted to a crossplayer ? Of course lol... ^^

Miaka

Igniz
09-22-2003, 09:52 AM
My boyfriend is a cosplayer /crossplayer . he did Kurumi from Steel Angel Kurumi last year in Cartoonist Paris (French Con ) . He'll do Princess Hyatt next year ^^ :jjacks:

I crossplay , too : I did a lot > Igniz from Kof 2k1 was the last one :dance:

NekoNeko-Chan
09-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Oi, I nearly glomped a Kenshin, then she giggled and said, "Thank you, Baka, but I'm a girl!"

Sephiroth-chan
09-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Sephiroth-chan! ::Tackle:: XD For example. Me and Sephiroth-chan were running around together at A-Kon making all sorts of horrible jokes at each other because she was dressed as my character. Not nessisarily attraction, but hey! Sephiroth is Sephiroth, work with me! XD

Gah!!! *falls over...twitch twitch...then snuggles* Ha haaa! I'll get you next time. You...me...box of Pocky and...oh, btw...I've come up with hommade pocky with a mixture of cherry brandy and dark chocolate on Pretz. But anyhow, I REALLY had a blast, lol. It was fun seeing the people give us funny looks because of our huggly snuggliness. I suppose it might not be the time to mention I'm working on a wild bondage version sephiroth? (I mean....he DOES wear a lot of leather and metal...)

Anyhow....looking forward to Next year. I'll have to give you a backscratch in my Kimahri costume ^_^

SilverFox
09-28-2003, 12:02 AM
I finally read all the posts! YAAAAAY!

I have to say a few things before I continue... THIS THREAD ROCKS!

I love it when people are all talking openly about stuff that usually isn't talked about much if at all in the normal world. So yay!

So now back on topic...

1) Have I been attracted to crossplayers before?

YEAP. ^_^

There's something really sexy about someone who can dance around that whole boundary of gender. There was this one time that I saw this incredibly hot Gackt cosplayer at Fanime and not until I got the nerve to say hello did I realize the "he" was a "she" and I was floored. That was also my first time to tell another girl that she looked incredibly sexy. ^^; *blushes* That's when I realized that some girls could definitely be as appealing to me as guys are. So I also figured out around the same time that I wasn't 100% straight either. Heh... Go figure... but anyway...

But yeah, back to the whole reason I find it sexy... I find that guys and girls who crossplay well usually have a type of confidence about themselves that I find very appealing. Not the arrogant type, but just the whole "I'm comfortable in my body and with who I am" and THAT is just incredibly sexy to me.

And Merle? You ARE incredibly sexy. ^_~ I'm wondering now if I might have seen you at a con before...

asmodeus
09-28-2003, 12:23 AM
heya can nebody post a pic of a crossplay mana??

Lostboy
10-04-2003, 05:23 AM
I need to meet girls like these. Hehe. I love to crossplay, but I've never met a girl who is attracted to guys who crossplay. You guys give me hope!

Elvenwolf
10-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Lostboy - They do exist! :D Though I prefer the more androgynous look overall ^^ 'm telling you, girls who like crossdressing guys/MTFs definitely do exist.

Arisugawa Juri - You're the awesome Juri I saw on that costume maker's site! Wow. Yes, even though I haven't seen them in person, Rosiel's outfits do look gorgeous and ne (my polite term for a neutral pronoun) would probably floor me if I ever saw nem in person, haha.

Hm, so does that answer the question? Yes, I like girls who crossplay with that androgynous look as well as guys. They look prettier than women sometimes!

Arisugawa Juri
10-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Ah, thank you for the compliments. I just hope that I won't disappoint in my other versions of Juri.

Rosiel is spectacular in person. When Railiens and I saw her in Amon at AX2003, we couldn't believe our eyes.

psythe
10-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Considering a majority of my girlfriend's costumes are all crossplay, yes, I have been attracted to a crossplayer =)

Inque
10-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Well Ima girl...and I would be attracted to a guy who crossplays...or a girl for that matter...I mean...I think girls look just as good as guys when they dress as male anime characters especially when they compare well to the character...

Guys dressing as girls..Well I dont mind and I would not be suprised if I got attraced to one ^_^. I find it to be very cute and sometimes sexy. After all alot of anime guys have feminine looks.

daguru
10-08-2003, 12:14 PM
sure I would! If a girl is comfertable with guy's clothes, then Im definately attracted. Would anyone feel the same for me?

dustbunny690
10-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Yes i have been attrached to crossplayers but i think it was only cause they had that pretty boy look. I am straight mind you. ^^ I never had a crush on them but for inuyasha the girls at the convention did a better job. lol.

Merle-kun
10-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Merle-kun! You're still as cute as always. I hate you for it! ^_^

Thanks, and sorry Cherry! ^-^ Next con, we really have to spend some more time together =3 I miss hanging out with you =3

The other one that really comes to mind: While waiting in line for the bathroom (the men's) this cute girl walks by doing a double take and then runs into her friend, she then smiles and runs up to me and asks if she could "feel them", so I said sure. She give a great big double handed gOOSh. Then she gives me a great big glomp and says, "thankyou!"... I really didn't have a response to that one...

LOL, you'll have to get used to the boob squeeze thing. At AKon one year, when I was Yuffie from FF7, it was a constant cycle of "Can I touch them" then "You're boobs are crooked, let me fix them". All of which were girls =3 I still get it at least once per con ^^; That and a legs comment =3

Merle-kun its fun showing pics of you to my friends and going "isnt this person hot" and watching the look on there face when I tell em "thats a guy"

LOL! I'd love to see their faces =3 Maybe you should hide a video camera next time =3 And thanks for the compliment ^^

And Merle? You ARE incredibly sexy. ^_~ I'm wondering now if I might have seen you at a con before...

*BLUSH* Thank you! ^-^ Now if I could only get a girl who thinks so to date me =3 What cons have you been to? You cah check where you've been against my list of cons on my site =3 http://merlekun.kumagoro.net/

Aiji Sasayaki
10-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Sure! Why not..? I'm attracted to both sexes in the first place, anyway :bigtu: I don't think anyones been attracted to me before though! I'm not the most attractive of all crossplayers, lol.

Spiffy
10-16-2003, 05:21 AM
I have, as my friends say, a 'freaky drag queen fetish'. I ROCK. :thumbsup:

Lostboy
10-16-2003, 08:35 AM
I have, as my friends say, a 'freaky drag queen fetish'. I ROCK. :thumbsup:

There's a big difference between drag queens and transvestites, though. :) Drag queens are generally gay, very flamboyant, and into performance. Transvestites (your most typical sort of crossdresser), are usually heterosexual and typically rather timid about their fetish/identity quirk. Most guys who crossplay frequently fall into this second category, finding conventions to be a safe and accepted outlet for them to indulge their usually socially repressed taste in clothing and self-expression of their identities. Distinctions aside, though, I'm sure all us straight men in skirts are glad there are women like you who can appreciate us. ;)

Hitori
10-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Of course! But then, I'm attracted to the androgynous look, which is what most crossplayers are like^_^ A realli good crossplayer has mi drool^_^ But that's not to say I'm not attracted to non-crossplayers....

daguru
10-16-2003, 11:35 AM
There's a big difference between drag queens and transvestites, though. :) Drag queens are generally gay, very flamboyant, and into performance. Transvestites (your most typical sort of crossdresser), are usually heterosexual and typically rather timid about their fetish/identity quirk. Most guys who crossplay frequently fall into this second category, finding conventions to be a safe and accepted outlet for them to indulge their usually socially repressed taste in clothing and self-expression of their identities. Distinctions aside, though, I'm sure all us straight men in skirts are glad there are women like you who can appreciate us. ;)

amen. that was just too hard to put into words.

otakutre
10-19-2003, 02:34 AM
Been attracted to a crossplayer? A fair number of times, yes. I have a lot of adoration for androgyny (something I don't know if I could ever achieve) and I find it attractive in either sex. I envy Jezeroth, for example, who looks good as either gender (and may make a better girl than me!)

Lostboy
10-19-2003, 12:39 PM
I envy Jezeroth, for example, who looks good as either gender (and may make a better girl than me!)

I looked up Jezeroth to see if I agreed, but he doesn't have any costumes listed. :( Ah well. I did notice he's 19. I must say, it's sooo much easier to dress successfully as a girl at 19 than at 31. ^_^; You keep getting more masculine as those years go by. Here's me in drag at 19:

I'm the one on the left. (http://lostboyvideo.com/temp/costumes/lee18-cd01.jpg)

BattousaiHimura
10-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Mh aye, like I said, of course I've been attracted to crossplayers. But also to the androgynous look and so people who normally don't cross-/cosplay.

I really love androgynous looking people, its hot ^^

drbombai
10-20-2003, 01:45 AM
Actually, the first time I saw Karisu-sama as dilandau I thought she made a really cute bishi.

Jezeroth
10-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Been attracted to a crossplayer? A fair number of times, yes. I have a lot of adoration for androgyny (something I don't know if I could ever achieve) and I find it attractive in either sex. I envy Jezeroth, for example, who looks good as either gender (and may make a better girl than me!)

O.o;; Ooooh, boy, I just found this whole thread, and I'm.. just absolutely flattered. Thank you so much for the support!

Um, let's see.. I've only done two cross-plays, one at Animazement, and the Black Widow costume from Anime Expo (also worn to Otakon), which was/is my favorite costume so far. I think one of the reasons I was able to do so well with it was because of the blindfold, which covered the bridge of my nose and my brow, the corset, which helped create the hourglass figure look, and a few helping features. I'm not that good at crossplay makeup, so the blindfold really helped with the image I wanted to portray and helped smooth out a few masculine features.
There are several crossplays I still want to do, however, I'm not going to do them until I have a firmer grasp on crossplay makeup and a few other tricks. The closest thing I have to crossplay coming up is Kuja, which still is male/androgenous.

Oh, and I have some of my costumes in cosplaylab, I just haven't gotten around to throwing them on cosplay.com yet. ^_^

Thanks for the compliments, I hope my other costumes live up to your standards! ^_^

projectanime
10-21-2003, 02:08 PM
I have, to a girl cross-player... only I didn't know it was a girl O.O... this has happened many times actually ^.^ But I just shrug it off and after awhile it seems quite funny.

kazamaCEO
11-12-2003, 06:00 AM
The first time I saw L to the Third in her Squall costume, I couldn't whether she was a guy or a girl, so I developed this huge crush on her.

Then I come to this forum and find out she's a she. Oh well, I still like her alot. ^^

I have a thing for girly guys anyways. ^^ She makes such a kickass Squall.

BattousaiHimura
11-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Oh aye, L to the 3rd as Squall is VERY hot !! She's one of my favourite crossplayers with this costume !!

kazamaCEO
11-12-2003, 02:30 PM
I wonder... Does she know she has a like a mini-club of women? O_O lol

L to the 3rd
11-14-2003, 07:41 PM
O.O;;;;;;

*turns bright red*

O.O ..........th..thank you!

*runs away out of embarrasment*

Karisu-sama
11-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Actually, the first time I saw Karisu-sama as Dilandau I thought she made a really cute bishi.
Awww... thanks!! ^____^ *HUG*

I must say, it's sooo much easier to dress successfully as a girl at 19 than at 31. ^_^;
Well, from the other perspective, I find it SO much easier to dress successfully as a boy at my age (which I shall not reveal here :p ) than when I was 19. My face is much more angular now.

domestik
11-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Like a few others who have replied to the thread, I find androgyny very appealing. I've been attracted to a few male crossplayers, and while female crossplayers are also appealing to me, I've never felt the same physical attraction. It's more like respect tempered by awe than attraction or crushes.

Tiirz
11-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, my face isn't getting more angular, and I'm closer to Karisu-sama than I am to 19! The only crossplay I think I could get away with is a boychild, but I'm waaa-ay too tall! But my fiancee does say that he just can't pull off androgyny the way he could at 19.

MoonLitDemon
11-16-2003, 08:29 AM
"Would you ever be attracted to an individual who crossplays?"

deffanatly! i would be attracted to a guy dressed as a girl..... or a girl as a guy... (yes i swing both ways lol)
i'm going as 2 guys for anime boston this year... hoping to attract someone lol... but like a few other posts said, it's usually more of a "omg your so cute" or "omg your my fav person ever!" but sometimes it can be something more, or will turn into something more.... you never know..... anywho the answer to your question is yes ^_^

Asukas~Doll
11-16-2003, 12:05 PM
"Would you ever be attracted to an individual who crossplays?"

deffanatly! i would be attracted to a guy dressed as a girl..... or a girl as a guy... (yes i swing both ways lol)
i'm going as 2 guys for anime boston this year... hoping to attract someone lol... but like a few other posts said, it's usually more of a "omg your so cute" or "omg your my fav person ever!" but sometimes it can be something more, or will turn into something more.... you never know..... anywho the answer to your question is yes ^_^

it's the same for me! ^_^ either way, I can find them attractive.

Dio Maxwelle
11-16-2003, 02:06 PM
I've had numorous crushes on crossplayers (this Asato Tsuzuki from Yami no Matsuei at Yaoi-con 02...she made a fabulous Tsuzuki ^^;; )....and I think some have had some on me....dunno. My gf is a crossplayer and a darned cute one I may add. I've seen some amazing ones.... Most have already been mentioned. ^_^ My only problem is crossplaying as a cute bishi and being accosted by fangirls....O_o I can't do a sexy bishi, so all power to you whom can!

Kasai
11-18-2003, 05:50 PM
I've thought that both genders have looked nice in crossplays.. but uh.. I am attracted to both genders out of crossplay, too.

I think that if a person's cosplay is well-done and looks great, it shouldn't matter what they're sporting underneath their clothes. ^^

Susumari
11-18-2003, 09:20 PM
hmm...well once i was cosplaying as yoji, and there was another yoji and i didn't know that he was a he...so i thought it was another crossplayer...but i figured that this "he" was alittle bit more friendly...i know that's not attacked..

but nope...i'm not cute. eh

asmodeus
01-06-2004, 09:59 PM
in everyones eyes, im too young to be attracted at all to anything except maybe video games :( :( :( :( im heartbroken...

Shiori_Rose
01-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Tehehe
Any girl dressed as a guy makes me blush insanely! I love the look, it's, well,
mysterious in some way...dreadfully sexy.
I' m thinking of perhaps trying my first crossplay at anime boston this year for an Escaflowne group, however I will be the tiniest Van ever if i do it.
Ah well...
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Silver Minx
01-08-2004, 02:21 AM
You too?
hehehehe. I have a thing for girly-guys. I love my bishies.
Well, at Animania this year, there was this girl who crossplayed as Li from CCS and I was literally *all* over her. I'm completely for and in love with the idea of a girl cross dressing... *goes all starry eyed* 0_o ... Well, either way, I like girls and guys. ^-^ So both works for me!

I don't know what it is, but I tend to crossplay/crossdress alot. I have this insane obsession with formal guy wear and I blow all my money out on suits, guy's surf wear and etc. 0_o Apparently, I can pass off quite well. Weird part is, I love wearing girl stuff as well. -_- .. .. .. ^-^ Oh whatever!

Hahahaa... I was crossplaying as Yuki Eiri and this straight girl came up to me and asked if I had a girlfriend and if she could have my number... Then I replied in my high pitched girl voice and she freaked. ^0^ lol, the same happened to my guy friend who crossplayed as Princess Peach... all these guys were hitting on him. =) ... 0_o

Girls crossplaying all the way!!! =D

Omi
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I can't say I have but if I want to be in character then yes. ^^ But no, I haven't.

Ookami
01-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Eeeee! I would definetly be! I kinda...umm.... *blushes* I think boys dressed as girls are REALLY cute! :heart:

I'm a boy, but I'm bi :rolleyes: So I guess it's ok for me to fall for another boy!

I love seeing boys in REALLY girly clothes, and I LOVE wearing really girly clothes myself! A boy in a tutu, now THAT's cute! :love:

I guess I am sounding kinda weird now... ^^;;; But how can you think a boy in girly clothes is not cute? It's just...so adorable!....*Daydreams*

I'm the kind of boy that would buy anime figures with removable clothes, just so I could make all of the boy ones wear sailor fukus! *Giggles*

I'd better stop now before I make myself look like a complete freak! (Even though I AM a complete freak!)

Shadowlvr
01-09-2004, 04:26 PM
^ Hehe Ookami that did sound a lil weird, but everyone is intitled to there own oppinion,

i dont know if i have an opinon on this though. *sits down and thinks* ill get back to you on this.

Kuri-chan
01-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Yes. Oh yes.

I've been surprised and amused by more than one costuming crossplay before. Considering I'm bi, I suppose I'm just easier to please. ^^;; I've met a few girls who made very handsome men, and a few boys who make adorably cute girls.

You can tell someone has really done a good job when they can be attractive as the opposite gender to someone who knows what to look for. ^_-

Bishi boy girls and pretty girl boys - I just love it. The best part of being bi is that even when you’re fooled, you’re never disappointed. ^^

-Kuri

kazamaCEO
01-09-2004, 08:16 PM
I must also add PikminLink to my small list... I'm not exactly sure if it is really a she, but, God, what an adorable Link. O_O There's someone I'd give my right thumb to hug, lol.

Silver Minx
01-09-2004, 08:52 PM
*eyes go glossy* Oh my gosh... IT'S YUKI EIRI!! *points to Cherry* Oh my gosh... >.< ... She... Her... Umm... HER!!! IT'S HER!!! ... Sorry, am I scaring people?

... *quietly mutters to herself* ... Umm... could I have a signed photo, Miss Cherry?
>.< ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Have you guys seen her Yuki Eiri or Shuichi Shindou cosplays? *is drooling slightly* ...

... ... umm... ... I'll just... go over there... now...

EvaFriedel
01-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Yes. Oh yes.

Bishi boy girls and pretty girl boys - I just love it. The best part of being bi is that even when you’re fooled, you’re never disappointed.

-Kuri

My feelings precisely. *blush* I'm particularly fond of Weiss crossplayers, and any fairly convincing crossplaying Sailor Scout. And Mana. But then, with Manas, it's hard to tell sometimes... :thumbsup:

Decibella
01-13-2004, 10:14 PM
I am attracted to myself when i crossplay! heehee. Is that so wrong?!

- Vanity is Sadistic and Glamour is my only Weapon

Lostboy
01-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I am attracted to myself when i crossplay! heehee. Is that so wrong?!

- Vanity is Sadistic and Glamour is my only Weapon

There's actually a term for that. It's autogynephilia. But I think that's just someone's attempt to make themselves famous by inventing a new term and theory about what is really just feminine vanity in a man. Of course we can't think we're sexy and it be natural. It has to be some kind of deviance with a new label. Me, I think it's just feeling pretty. And I think that's wonderful. ^_^

Decibella
01-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Sing it, Sister!

Lostboy
01-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Sing it, Sister!
BTW, Decibella, is that YOU in your icon? And you're a crossplayer? That's a guy I'm seeing there? Wow. Just... wow. Good job. I wish I could look that convincing. Especially nice job on the chest. And great styling in that wig. I am officially wowed.

Decibella
01-14-2004, 12:25 AM
*blushes* Awww, how you flatter me... thank you. Oui c'est moi. the avatar is a shot of me and the profile piccie too. And yes i am a boi...sometimes lol. the chest was painful to create, but you must suffer for your art and beauty.

You look great as a grrrl too! love your outfits, keep the pix coming!

Lostboy
01-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Holy crap, I hadn't seen your profile pic til you mentioned it. Man, I gotta do a gothic lolita costume someday. That looks so sexy. Was that very expensive? It looks like it. Did you find or make that dress?

Darkside Blues
01-14-2004, 09:36 AM
As a girl, I find nothing to be more attractive than a guy who's not afraid to wear makeup and dresses. I am magnetically drawn to them at cons. The more feminine he looks, both in overall physique and facial features, the better; that's why I love Mana so much. :love:

My guy friends simply don't understand why I like girly-looking guys, but it's what I like. I'm a bishonen fanatic and love guys who crossplay! :P

Lostboy
01-14-2004, 09:52 AM
As a girl, I find nothing to be more attractive than a guy who's not afraid to wear makeup and dresses. I am magnetically drawn to them at cons. The more feminine he looks, both in overall physique and facial features, the better; that's why I love Mana so much. :love:

My guy friends simply don't understand why I like girly-looking guys, but it's what I like. I'm a bishonen fanatic and love guys who crossplay! :P

Cons need a forum for crossplayers to meet the girls who think they're sexy. :) Personally I would love to actually get some compliments on my crossplay costume while I'm in it, instead of having to rely on these online forums to get my kudos.

Darkside Blues
01-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Cons need a forum for crossplayers to meet the girls who think they're sexy. :) Personally I would love to actually get some compliments on my crossplay costume while I'm in it, instead of having to rely on these online forums to get my kudos.

I agree! Heck, I think there should be an entire con dedicated to crossplay!

EvaFriedel
01-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Well, I know that's one con I'd definately attend.

Lostboy
01-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Well, I know that's one con I'd definately attend.
I don't think there's enough interest to make such a con ever happen, but I wish there were. However, I don't think a crossplay party at a major con is a bad idea at all. Maybe we could get some convention to commit a room for a crossplay panel and meet-and-greet.

Darkside Blues
01-14-2004, 11:44 AM
I don't think there's enough interest to make such a con ever happen, but I wish there were. However, I don't think a crossplay party at a major con is a bad idea at all. Maybe we could get some convention to commit a room for a crossplay panel and meet-and-greet.

Yeah! That shouldn't be too difficult to pull off. I'd love to have all the bishies in one place at a con. :D

Kuri-chan
01-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Ooh, that sounds like loads of fun. I'd show up dressed up, if only to meet-and-greet. It would be so much fun to trade beauty tips, share stories, and give the single boi’s and grrls a chance to flirt. ^^

As for myself, I would just like to meet fellow crossplayers. Not that I’d object to admirers, but I’m quite happily married. ^_^ (And she likes it when I crossplay. ^_-)

-Kuri

The-Real-Link
01-14-2004, 01:23 PM
KazamaCEO : ...have to add PikminLink to my list.... I'd give my thumb for that crossplay (Or something close to that extent.)

I would probably cut my hand off but I do need that ^_^ Strange how of all cosplayers to have a crush on, I choose crossplayers first lol

As much as this is an untouched topic of mine so far, I have to say that yes I have found some people who crossplay to be attractive. I do not know if it is just because their costume is something I like - as I have high respect for people with good costumes - but to also learn that it is a crossplay... it is difficult to put into words.

*Thinks* Crazy obsession may be close enough for that. It's amazing what people can do with makeup and change in their body figure. Although I don't think I'd ever do a crossplay, I will not ever forget it exists anytime soon.

bluesummers73
03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
In response to the original question: Khamryn and Rosiel both make amazing bishounen, but they're both gorgeous anyways. So yes. ^_^

FromHerAshes
04-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Whew! As a newcommer to this thread, there's so much I want to say! Lemme say my overall opinion, and then get to more specific responses.

I think it's probably way easier to think crossplayers are sexy if you yourself are bisexual, because, as someone already pointed out, either way you're not disappointed. I've seen people crossplaying as both genders that I thought were just gorgeous beyond belief, though I must say I tend to lean towards thinking women crossplaying as men are sexier. Though I'm happily seriously involved with someone and wouldn't dream of messing that up, so I wouldn't say I've really seriously thought about being with a crossplayer, I have found MANY crossplayers to be very, very sexy-- in fact, I usually find crossplayers more attractive than normal cosplayers! It's ridiculously sexy to see a man/woman who's secure enough with themselves to do something like that, I think. Biiiig turn on.

I had a couple of funny pseudo-crossplay moments at the last con I went to that make me wonder about how many straight girls there actually ARE who like anime... or if some people are just strange. One of my newest costumes is a female version of Vincent Valentine. Keep in mind I'm a girl, who LOOKS like a girl in this costume. In fact, it's designed to *emphasize* the fact that I'm a girl, if you know what I mean. I have never been glomped by so many fangirls in all of my life. Or had girls squeal for a picture. It was a little weird, but I have to admit, I loved the attention. Of course, I also love the confused fanboys who don't quite know how to react to a female Vincent and a female Sephiroth hanging all over each other. But I digress.

Merle-kun- You were *so* sexy at Ushi-con! And I might be so bold as to say you're pretty good looking in 'normal' clothing too! Though I completely didn't recognise you when I saw you and was wondering who the strange man Minda-chan was glomping was!

Lostboy- At the risk of sounding like a stalker, I thought you were awesome before (I'm a huge fan of your music videos, and just about fainted when I saw you in your Seifer costume at my first convention-- as silly as it is, I had a moment where I had to remind myself that Seifer was NOT a real person, so you could not possibly actually be him) but I think you're even cooler now that I know you crossplay too! Keep up the awesome work!

dustbunny
04-02-2004, 10:12 AM
yes...if they look like a charcter that i love why shoulden't i. ^^

Drackt
04-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Mana...very gorgeous. It sometimes depends if he can pull it off...like Barry Watson in "Sorority Boys"...also hot.

vyrax778
04-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Awww... no one attracted to me? =P I've been hit on a few times... invited to parties... *^^*
ok ill admit when i first saw a pic of you I thougt you were hot.

Serena_chan
04-05-2004, 04:03 PM
neeee!!! crossplaying guys r so hot!!!!! yushyushyushyush. the more feminine a guy is, the more im attracted to him. Really, my fav kind of guys r the anime dorks ^_~ (heeeey im single by the way!!! lol) eh..*cough* but anyway yes, i DO fine crossplaying guys to be so gosh darn sessy!! o^_^o

Merle-kun
04-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Merle-kun- You were *so* sexy at Ushi-con! And I might be so bold as to say you're pretty good looking in 'normal' clothing too! Though I completely didn't recognise you when I saw you and was wondering who the strange man Minda-chan was glomping was!

Thanks a lot! ^-^ A lot of people had no idea who I was on Sunday of Ushicon. I had to show some people my badge just to prove I was who I said I was =3 Running around as a psuedo Ron Stoppable probably didn't help, hehe.

ok ill admit when i first saw a pic of you I thougt you were hot.

Thank you very much! =3 Which pic did you see first? Or do you mean my new avatar and/or the new profile pic?

http://forums.cosplay.com/member.php?userid=623

Karisu-sama
04-06-2004, 03:35 AM
I agree! Heck, I think there should be an entire con dedicated to crossplay!
Yaoi-con comes pretty darned close, in effect if not in original intent. :p

felicity869
04-07-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm bi and like my guys rather feminine and my girls to be tomboyish so the answer is a very easy yes.

kendrian
04-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Yes. A few times. Most recently, at Otakon 2003, there was this crossplayer working at the Nekobox booth, and I was all like "Wow. Holy hotness." Then I realize dit was a crossplayer, and I was like "Wow. Holy hotness". ^_^

Doesnt really bother me all that much.

Merle-kun
04-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Yaaay! That was me! I was helping Young out at his Nekobox booth =3 What costume was I wearing at the time? ^-^ If you don't know that character just say colors or describe it, I'm curious which was 'hot' =3

Kirin-Riki
04-11-2004, 09:58 PM
i watched this maury episode like 2 days ago and there was this really beautiful person on, it was a guy tho (dang)

ElvishBoi
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM
A lil late to this thread ^^;

But someone mentioned a Lulu @ Otakon who was a male?... I think I saw that person too, and I agree he looked good =)

vyrax778
04-13-2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks a lot! ^-^ A lot of people had no idea who I was on Sunday of Ushicon. I had to show some people my badge just to prove I was who I said I was =3 Running around as a psuedo Ron Stoppable probably didn't help, hehe.

Thank you very much! =3 Which pic did you see first? Or do you mean my new avatar and/or the new profile pic?

http://forums.cosplay.com/member.php?userid=623
the old one and damn it your new one is even better. I aspire to be as good as you some day. Nice job on the fake boobs there very confinsing.

Sixshot
04-15-2004, 02:17 PM
The short answer is yes, some of which are in this forum. But then again, I'm bi so it's not like thiat's out of the oridinary for me.

kendrian
04-17-2004, 09:52 PM
hee hee hee

We did a strip in my web comic for just such a situation.

http://dazehaze.keenspace.com/d/20021113.html

Merle-kun
04-17-2004, 10:10 PM
hee hee hee

LOL! That's so me... it's actually tempting me to do that same thing while wearing my Kim Possible cheerleading uniform at AKon for a reaction.

I've been in a couple of Nekobox's comics related to crossplay:

http://nekobox.org/cgi-bin/comicrant.cgi?date=2002-02-06
http://nekobox.org/cgi-bin/comicrant.cgi?date=2002-07-30

Hitori
04-17-2004, 11:03 PM
What I wouldn't give to have seen Young all dolled up... I'm told he was veri convincing?

Merle-kun
04-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Man! I thought I had a picture of him like that... but I guess I was too interested in talking and not picture taking. But I'm sure if you look up MegaTokyo pics from Otakon 2002 you'll find him, he was in their big presentation thing.

Lostboy
04-18-2004, 04:46 AM
hee hee hee

Heehee... I'm always a little scared to go to the public men's room when I crossplay, because I'm a little too good at it sometimes, and I'm afraid I'll scare guys in there. So far, I have never had such an encounter, though. I have only been to a public restroom in crossplay clothes ONCE, and no one else was int here at the time. I tend not to pee a lot at cons because I'm so busy that I don't drink much water and get dehydrated. ^^;

And Merle-kun, I WISH I had the waist for such a costume as Kim Possible. Hee. She's so cute. I've watched that show a couple of times before. The stories aren't that great, but she's cute. :) I like the girls in Totally Spies, too. That show's not half bad. Kind of like Gunsmith Cats crossed with Charlie's Angels.

My next crossplay is going to simply be a much better Gothic Lolita dress. I am losing weight, but I'm not gonna be ready for anything revealing for a while yet. So a nice frilly EGL dress will do nicely. ^_^ But I've lost 11 pounds since MTAC, so I'm doing pretty good!

Merle-kun
04-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Heehee... I'm always a little scared to go to the public men's room when I crossplay, because I'm a little too good at it sometimes, and I'm afraid I'll scare guys in there. So far, I have never had such an encounter, though. I have only been to a public restroom in crossplay clothes ONCE, and no one else was int here at the time. I tend not to pee a lot at cons because I'm so busy that I don't drink much water and get dehydrated. ^^;

And Merle-kun, I WISH I had the waist for such a costume as Kim Possible. Hee. She's so cute. I've watched that show a couple of times before. The stories aren't that great, but she's cute. :) I like the girls in Totally Spies, too. That show's not half bad. Kind of like Gunsmith Cats crossed with Charlie's Angels.

My next crossplay is going to simply be a much better Gothic Lolita dress. I am losing weight, but I'm not gonna be ready for anything revealing for a while yet. So a nice frilly EGL dress will do nicely. ^_^ But I've lost 11 pounds since MTAC, so I'm doing pretty good!

lol, I try to do the same honestly. I don't like going into the public restroom in costume. I did do it once at AKon because I just had no choice. I know I wrote the story down somewhere because I can't remember much of it now, but I know I weirded out the hotel staff guy that was in there cleaning it enough to wonder which one of us was truly in the wrong room.

I'm actually trying to work out to get into good enough shape for all of those costumes I have listed. I actually want to do Clover from Totally Spies, but I can't find a single color of red spandex where I live now, let alone two colors of red and the internet oddly was of no help ^^;

I can't wait to see your EGL dress ^^ I have one that was a present for me, and I've been wanting to design my own but I’ve never got around to it yet. I hope I can get into shape for AKon, I'll be screwed for costumes if I don't ^^; Good luck in your exercise Lostboy!

Harlock 4-ever
04-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Man! I thought I had a picture of him like that... but I guess I was too interested in talking and not picture taking. But I'm sure if you look up MegaTokyo pics from Otakon 2002 you'll find him, he was in their big presentation thing.

Is this the person in question?

Oh, I guess I should say 'hello', since this my 1st time posting. Hi! my name's Jen... I'm 34, and live in the great, big, boring state of Connecticut. I've been a huge fan of Japanese Anime ever since I used to watch "Star Blazers" on tv every morning before going to school. I've never cosplayed, but I'm hoping to attend the next convention held in New York city.

If I had to pick a dream costume, it would be Sae from "The Magic Users Club".

Well, nice meeting y'all! :D

Hitori
04-18-2004, 03:21 PM
*Squeel~* Thank you Harlock4ever! That is indeed Young, and what a kyoot girl he makes^_^

Sixshot
04-18-2004, 06:52 PM

It's an odd experience. . .I wasn't crossplaying but I went to the restroom somewhere and I typically wear girls clothes a lot (most of which from hot topic including a pair of three-inch heeled boots). I walk in the bathroom and some kid suddenly screamed to his friend "OH MY GOD!!! There's a girl in here."

Yeah, he was shocked till I walked over to the urinal, then it was a completely different kind of shock.

Senko-chan
04-18-2004, 07:17 PM
um...well yes, but it was a guy crossplaying as a girl...I dunno...he just looked hott, it was quite easy to tell he was a guy though...

Harlock 4-ever
04-19-2004, 09:28 AM
No problem, Hitori! :D And yes, he makes an adorable girl!

As to the topic at hand, I definitely find cross-players to be not only attractive, but I also admire them for their confidence in their own selves to be willing to portray a character of the opposite sex. As the old saying goes, "It takes a real man to wear women's clothes!" and vice-versa. :D

I also happen to know 1st hand how much effort it takes to present a feminine image... although I am now living full-time as a woman (I'm a m-f transsexual), my entire teenage years were spent learning how to apply makeup, working on my voice and manerisms, and basically trying to find the courage to go out in public without letting people's negative reactions bother me (no small feat as many of you probably know).

Anywho... I'm thrilled to have found this site! I've loved Japanese Anime ever since I was a kid, growing up with Star Blazers, Captain Harlock, Tranzor Z and such.

Best wishes and mucho happiness!

Jen

Kirin-Riki
04-19-2004, 11:02 PM
It's an odd experience. . .I wasn't crossplaying but I went to the restroom somewhere and I typically wear girls clothes a lot (most of which from hot topic including a pair of three-inch heeled boots). I walk in the bathroom and some kid suddenly screamed to his friend "OH MY GOD!!! There's a girl in here."

Yeah, he was shocked till I walked over to the urinal, then it was a completely different kind of shock.

Lol, haha wish i had the same experiences that you do. lol :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Gaara_kun
04-20-2004, 09:28 PM
As to the topic at hand, I definitely find cross-players to be not only attractive, but I also admire them for their confidence in their own selves to be willing to portray a character of the opposite sex. As the old saying goes, "It takes a real man to wear women's clothes!" and vice-versa. :D

Oh, I totally agree. Like Mana... he's a very attractive guy and Gackts pretty feminine looking too, depending on the outfit. But I hate how people think somethings wrong with me for being attracted to guys like them. I mean, just because they wear female clothing doesn't mean somethings wrong with them either. I think they're pretty cool for doing that.

So yeah, I am attracted to guys that crossplay. And guys that don't too. But I think it's cute when they do crossplay. ^_^V

Dany
04-20-2004, 10:21 PM

One of my favorite Livejournal icons is this one:

http://userpic.livejournal.com/13393109/198890

It was the result of me walking into the bathroom as Lucius Malfoy. Needless to say, this was just plain WEIRD to do. I spent a couple of minutes deliberating which side to go in..then decided the women's restrooms were a bit cleaner. :thumbsup:

But..to topic..if done right, I would be inclined to ogle the character, never mind the gender underneath. Of course, it's gotta be a strong enough costume to fool me ;)

vyrax778
04-20-2004, 11:22 PM
oh yes I agree Mana is really hot of course one would get a bad case of coyote arm since he looks terrible without his makeup and costumes on. lol

Lostboy
04-20-2004, 11:46 PM
But I hate how people think somethings wrong with me for being attracted to guys like them. I mean, just because they wear female clothing doesn't mean somethings wrong with them either.

You are absolutely right!! Nothing is wrong with them. :) And nothing is wrong with you. The way I see it, we're all made to fit with someone. Girls like you are a good match for someone who crossdresses. And men who crossdress need for there to be girls like you in the world, or we'd be pretty much SOL. So when people tell you something is wrong with you or wrong with guys like Mana or me, try to make them understand that they're being bigots without realizing it.

I like the lyrics of an old Disney song from Pete's Dragon. I'll post them below my message. The lyrics of this song apply so well for we who are not among the cookie-cutter majority. If you think about it, the dragon in that movie can be a great symbol for misunderstood minority groups--like, in this instance, girls like you who think crossdressers are hot, or crossdressers themselves.

Elliot the Dragon is judged by the town to be a curse, a danger, and a threat to normalcy. The lyrics of this song were written in the late 70s when there was still plenty of bigotry to go around, and plenty of people fighting against it (see the TV show All in the Family for an archetypal (or Archie-typal!) example of this social situation at that time). I think it was clearly a deliberate song written to try and teach children tolerance of people different than themselves.

Maybe someday the message will sink in, as long as we keep trying to spread it. We're all responsible for making it happen.

There's room for everyone in this world, if everyone makes some room.
Won't you move over and share this world? Everyone make some room.

Even a dragon deserves a place, a wide open space with no reins, no chains.
He wants to play games, dance with you. Give him a chance to sing his song,
He only wants to belong.

There's room for everyone in this world. Will everyone make some room?
Spread out while Elliott gets uncurled. Fly on his back and zoom.

Rock him and ride him, and line up beside him. You'll see how quickly you'll blend.
A dragon is just one more stranger in search of a friend.

From an ant, to a bird, to a buffalo herd: let them walk, and fly, and roam.
Step aside, let them live. It's simple to give. Like us they just need a home.

There's room for everyone in this world. Back up and make some room.
Let's all move over and share this world. Everyone make some room.

Just think how far out the ocean goes, the whirling wind blows,
Shore to shore, door to door.
Think of the valleys and mountaintops. The earth never stops.
So deep, so high, with miles of sky. We all have part of the pie.

Welcome the dragon while you have a chance. Give him his moment to rise up and dance.

There's room for everyone in this world. Will everyone make some room?
Love given freely can spare this world. Let friendly feelings bloom.
Just give an inch, give a yard, never flinch, when the time comes to offer a hand.

So let's all make sure we give everyone somewhere to stand.
Let's all make sure we give everyone somewhere to stand.
Just the way God planned it. Just the way God planned.

Kuri-chan
04-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Without straying too far off topic ( ^^; ), I fully agree with Lostboy. There is nothing wrong with chasing beauty and expression, and nothing wrong with enjoying it in others. Coming from someone who happens to be bisexual this may not mean as much, but it’s the way I’ve enjoyed my life.

Self expression is important. I think what Lostboy is promoting here is the idea that if you are attracted to someone who crossplays, let them know. Even if nothing serious comes from it, or is even meant, we need all the encouragement we can get. A kind word goes a long way.

Public support of something frowned on raises awareness, and brings the great question to even closed minds: “Why do they do what they do?” which leads to “What’s really wrong with it?”

That’s the question I keep asking. It’s a shame that we feel the need to have a thread like this; that there are still meaningless taboo’s in society. In a perfect world, the question wouldn't even arise. Granted, some taboos are in place for a reason, and I rue the day they fall, but they are in place for a reason. Other taboos, like expressing oneself in a way not usually done by the masses, are so out dated that all they serve to do is hurt individual growth and expression.

Empty taboos are like superstitions. They are silly shadows that evaporate when we shine light upon them.

So when you see someone you fancy, tell them. Even if it makes you blush, that someone dazzeled your eyes, fooled your mind, and made you think “Wow…” Especially if your disappointed (Durnit, it’s a girl/boy! I wish s/he had been a boy/girl..), let them know. ^_^

We are creatures of some small vanity, hungry for acceptance, and even what you think is a scrap, a few kind words, makes a wonderful feast.

-Kuri

HyperrrMouse
04-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I agree with Kuri, people will be tickled pink to know someone thought they were beautiful. I think i will make a big effort to tell lovely cos-and crossplayers that they look wonderful, instead of my standard 'oh crap, they look good, they won't talk to me, so i won't talk to them...' It seems to be my common thought about any great cos/crossplayer regardless of sex, i can be a bit intimidated. But if i try to tell people complements it will make them happy, and make crossplaying a better and more accepted experience in the minds of those i see doing it, well that'd be fun thing to do.

Thank you SO much for the idea Kuri!

Lostboy
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
I agree with Kuri, people will be tickled pink to know someone thought they were beautiful.

I agree. ^_^ I'm gonna get started on that right now. I think you're very cute, HyperrrMouse.

CapsuleCorp
04-21-2004, 05:06 PM
You know, I'd have to agree, Lostboy. I think there was a time when I would have been freaked out by someone of the same sex finding me attractive, especially in crossplay, but now it doesn't bother me at all. I'm still straight, so I'm sure any incident of mistaken identity will lead to disappointment, but I wouldn't wig out. Nor would I think it a great joke to play on people. I'll just be mildly amused and quite flattered. :)

Lostboy
04-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Did I say that? I don't remember saying it, but I may as well have. Because I do find it VERY flattering when a guy finds me attractive when I'm crossdressed. Guys are great judges of that kind of thing, after all. If I turned a guy on, I did a damn good job of accomplishing my goal of becoming the character, since I always pick cute girls as my costume choices. I'm comfortable enough in my heterosexuality that it doesn't scare me when a guy is attracted to me. I've had gay men attracted to me when I'm not in dresses, too, and that also doesn't bother me. I simply don't reciprocate the attraction. And I feel wonderful about myself because I was attractive to someone.

souka
04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Although I mostly go for guys, crossplaying girls can be really hot. :love:

There's just something about that androgyny. ;)

Gaara_kun
04-21-2004, 10:11 PM
You are absolutely right!! Nothing is wrong with them. :) And nothing is wrong with you. The way I see it, we're all made to fit with someone. Girls like you are a good match for someone who crossdresses. And men who crossdress need for there to be girls like you in the world, or we'd be pretty much SOL. So when people tell you something is wrong with you or wrong with guys like Mana or me, try to make them understand that they're being bigots without realizing it.

I like the lyrics of an old Disney song from Pete's Dragon.The lyrics of this song apply so well for we who are not among the cookie-cutter majority. If you think about it, the dragon in that movie can be a great symbol for misunderstood minority groups--like, in this instance, girls like you who think crossdressers are hot, or crossdressers themselves.

Maybe someday the message will sink in, as long as we keep trying to spread it. We're all responsible for making it happen.

Yeah, hopefully one day it will. And thank you saying that.

There is nothing wrong with chasing beauty and expression, and nothing wrong with enjoying it in others.

Self expression is important. I think what Lostboy is promoting here is the idea that if you are attracted to someone who crossplays, let them know. Even if nothing serious comes from it, or is even meant, we need all the encouragement we can get. A kind word goes a long way.

So when you see someone you fancy, tell them. Even if it makes you blush, that someone dazzeled your eyes, fooled your mind, and made you think “Wow…” Especially if your disappointed (Durnit, it’s a girl/boy! I wish s/he had been a boy/girl..), let them know. ^_^

We are creatures of some small vanity, hungry for acceptance, and even what you think is a scrap, a few kind words, makes a wonderful feast.

I should start doing that. I was always a bit afraid to do that... but I know people like receiving compliments... and I do try to compliment when I'm not too shy... so I guess telling them that they're cute and such wouldn't hurt either.

I agree with Kuri, people will be tickled pink to know someone thought they were beautiful.
It seems to be my common thought about any great cos/crossplayer regardless of sex, i can be a bit intimidated. But if i try to tell people complements it will make them happy, and make crossplaying a better and more accepted experience in the minds of those i see doing it, well that'd be fun thing to do.

That's one of my problems... I'm easily intimidated by excellent cosplayers. Since I'm not a very good cosplayer myself. ^^;...

HyperrrMouse
04-22-2004, 12:03 AM
I agree. ^_^ I'm gonna get started on that right now. I think you're very cute, HyperrrMouse.

wow, thank you! I think you did a GREAT job with your Lolita costume, very lovely! The hair is perfect ^^

Decibella
04-22-2004, 12:17 AM
I am naturally attracted to people who successfully combine the best of both worlds all rolled into one flashy package! Androgeny can be quite appealing. But if one is not comfortable, confident or skilled at this however, it can be like a train wreck from which you cannot avert your eyes! LOL. Manfaye comes to mind...
But you lovely Girls crossplaying bishi boy characters are every bit as mysterious and alluring as all you pretty boys who are crossplaying females. It's something about the taboo, the mystique, the risk, and the supreme confidence they seem to possess!

Mizuno Tenshi
04-22-2004, 01:16 AM
I'm comfortable enough in my heterosexuality that it doesn't scare me when a guy is attracted to me.

I'm reminded of a quote which I'll repeat (badly, but with the same intent) from This is Otakudom

It takes a man who's very secure in his heterosexuality to have sex with another man. ;) :D

Tenshi

Lyulf
04-22-2004, 07:24 AM
If you are crossplay so well that you can't tell then, you are doing something right
:thumbsup:

chibiclaudia
04-29-2004, 05:52 PM
^_^ Alllll the time. I find androgyny ubersexy... I think I'm currently in love with a Tsuzuki (yami no matsuei) crossplayer I met at AnimeBoston04.

Bisexuality is much fun. XD Gender matters so little, I think...

Sacryed
04-29-2004, 09:07 PM
There have been a couple of doubletakes at conventions for me. I was attracted to one crossplayer. I saw many pictures and was like "OMG THE SEXAY!", and I then I figured out she was a girl. The fangirl-ness still stays. Boy or girl, they can still have the same effect of beauty, ya know?

I've been on the receiving end of the affection as well. ^_^;;
Mr. K has never been loved that much before.

darien_Fanel
05-01-2004, 04:01 PM
I would find them attractive if they where doign a good job. Isent androgyny sexy though? lol. Ok Im not sure how many would agree with me on that. But if I found someone attractive what gender they are out of costume dosent realy matter.

Chino-San
05-02-2004, 07:32 PM
See...my main question is. Is it gay or straight to go out with a crossplayer?

Lostboy
05-02-2004, 07:45 PM
You are gay if you are a guy who wants to have sex with guys and doesn't want to have sex with girls.

You are straight if you are a guy who wants to have sex with girls and doesn't want to have sex with guys.

And anything else you do has no influence on whether you are gay or straight.

Chino-San
05-02-2004, 10:27 PM
You are gay if you are a guy who wants to have sex with guys and doesn't want to have sex with girls.

You are straight if you are a guy who wants to have sex with girls and doesn't want to have sex with guys.

And anything else you do has no influence on whether you are gay or straight.

But it's the fact that the crossplayer has the genitals of the opposite sex. Regardless if they look like a guy or girl they have that body part.

dani
05-02-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm spending lots of energy trying to convey the message that crossplaying and sexual orientation are two completely separated and unrelated topics, but it's such an uphill battle that sometimes i feel so tired..... geez......

Dani

Lostboy
05-02-2004, 11:13 PM
But it's the fact that the crossplayer has the genitals of the opposite sex. Regardless if they look like a guy or girl they have that body part.

It would probably save you a lot of worry if you just didn't concern yourself with labelling what you do.

Sixshot
05-03-2004, 12:34 AM

My girlfriend is straight and she goes out with me and I'm a crossdresser. That's not something that came about till after we started going out but even still I don't think it makes you gay at all to like someone who's a crossdresser. Really that's judging on physical appearence and what people are attracted to for either sex differs so if someone looks like a girl and you like how girls look then that's not really you being gay now is it? It's just based on physical appearence so I don't think it says much at all.

darien_Fanel
05-03-2004, 05:58 AM
If you are going to be open minded enough to crossplay, or accept someone who loves crossplaying, then you should be able to forget about society's views on sexuality, and forcing definitions on it. I'am not gay because I crossplay, I love girls so much that I like to be like them when I can. I dont label my sexuality, but I would be called straight because I havent had sex with any men wouldent I? Just because I havent met any guys that I'm attracted to, dosent mean I wont. The key is always the have an open mind, especially while crossplaying. Ok I should shut up now. ^^'''

Kuri-chan
05-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Eh? What do you mean “is it gay or straight?” Sex, gender, and sexuality are three separate ideas that you’re playing mix and match with.

As Dani said, your sexual orientation has nothing to do with cosplay, crossplay, or how we costume, and so we are verging into the evil realm of Off Topic. We should seek to use these boards for what they are meant for; discussing the practical applications and “how to” of cosplay and crossplay, rather than questioning the labels. (Take this with a grain of salt; I need to practice what I preach. ^^;; )

Lostboy had an excellent idea – live, and quit worrying about labels. I gave up labels to understand myself a long time ago, because I’ve never found a label that I felt really matched who I am. Boy doesn’t quite fit, but neither does girl. My sex is male, but my sense of gender has yet to remain static long enough for me to apply a label society commonly recognizes.

If your question, Chino-san, is one of logistics, then the answer is simple. If a male has sexual relations with another male, the act is homosexual. If a female has sexual relations with another female, the act is homosexual. If a male has sexual relations with a female, then the act is heterosexual. This is regardless of how they dress, or costume themselves, or what hobbies they participate in on the weekends.

But that’s not how you phrased the question – you asked about being gay or straight. I might remind you that its not necessarily an either/or circumstance, when you confuse sex and gender, which by its nature is what crossplay does (but is NOT what crossplay is about, and their-for is still Off Topic. Gomennasai, moderators. ^^; ).

Now, because I enjoy flogging dead horses, I’ll take your question a step further, in an attempt to correct it, if not answer it. If person A, a male who is crossplaying as a female, is attracted to person B, a female convincingly crossplaying a male, then what labels would you seek to attach?

At first glance, it is a heterosexual attraction: male/girl and female/boy. It’s when you confuse the two that things get curious. Is the male seeing the boy, or the female seeing the girl? Do you see where the confusion is? Technically and biologically speaking, there is no question of preserved gender, just indoor vs. outdoor plumbing. It is the same with any other combination of sex/gender-identity; the terms “gay” and “straight” are reserved for biology, not identity. Crossplay confused identity, not biology.

Because we enjoy confounding the two, one who is attracted to a crossplayer must accept a paradigm shift, or a change in their view of the world; a male who appears as a female can be attractive to a heterosexual male.

(Here’s the catch, so pay attention!)

However, this is not homosexual behavior. The heterosexual male is not attracted to the male attributes of the person, rather the illusion of perceived identity of female, which does not affect the actual identity of the person in question (A male who crossplays a female is still a male, regardless of gender identity [how they see themselves in the case of transgender, or pre-op-transexual], or how they happen to be dressed).

It should go with out saying that any other match works this way as well. If a lesbian (homosexual female) is attracted to a crossplaying male because the perceived female attributes from the crossplay, then she (the lesbian) is not acting heterosexual.

The reason is because in this circumstance the biology is hidden by the illusion of sex and gender.

With me still? Good. Now to the second part of your question… (See what you get when you ask questions like this?)

You said “To go out with” which implies a level beyond initial attraction to the expressed gender identity of the crossplayer. (IE, a male is attracted to a male crossplayer, and decides to ask them out. They learn that the crossplayer in question is a male, and STILL choose to go out.)

The initial attraction was heterosexual behavior, while the follow through is homosexual behavior. Again, the reverse is true. If a gay male were to ask a crossplaying female out, and upon learning the crossplayer is female, still wish to go out, then the initial reaction is homosexual behavior, while the following behavior is heterosexual behavior.

What it boils down to is:

Is it “straight” for a person of one biological gender to be attracted to a person of the same biological gender, if they are dressed as the opposite biological gender? Yes, it is, so long as the attraction is to the illusion of opposite biological gender.

Is it “gay” for a person of one biological gender to date a person of the same biological gender, regardless of how they dress? Yes, actually, it is.

You could make an argument about how to define circumstances for non-static genders [transgender, transsexual], but it would be a great big headache, isn’t really necessary, so why waste time with labels and words?

(Yes, after all this, I still refer you to Lostboy’s advice – abandon labels, they’re used to categorize people, and that’s just silly.)

Hence, in a desperate attempt to appear to be on topic for this thread, I say that it is my observation there is nothing wrong with you if you are attracted to someone who crossplays and you do not need to question your sexual orientation if someone fools your eye.

-Kuri

Chino-San
05-04-2004, 07:46 PM
In reply to what you have said...damn that was a good post *claps* (sorry for the off topicness mods!)

Lostboy
05-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Kuri, your posts never cease to amaze me. You see straight through to the core of things. I'd like to chat with you on AIM sometime. :) We seem to have a lot of ideas in common. It would be nice to have a buddy who is like myself in so many ways.

Karisu-sama
05-05-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm a crossplayer. I have a husband (who is NOT a crossplayer.) 99% of the time I am not in a costume (either a girl costume or a boy costume) and I look like - ta-da! - his wife. He's straight. He puts up with his wife occasionally costuming as a boy (and yes, trying to "pass".) Big deal. He knows who is under all that makeup and wig and binding and so forth, and that's what counts.

When people "go out" with each other, it's usually not in costume, and they would also know darned well what the person's actual sex is. If a girl goes out with a guy, she knows he's a guy; it doesn't matter if he might sometimes look pretty in a dress. At that point, we can assume this hypothetical girl is attracted to guys, so she must be at the very least bisexual, if not heterosexual. Her boyfriend's status as a crossplayer would not dictate or change her sexual orientation.

Lostboy
05-05-2004, 07:49 AM
THAT... is an excellent point.

Kuri-chan
05-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Gosh, thanks guys! *^^* I’m glad you enjoy reading them.

Of course, then Karisu-sama gets the same idea across in an elegant and intelligent post that takes a third of the length of mine. As always, kudos to Cosplay Mom! :)

I would love to meet you all some day. :)

>>It would be nice to have a buddy who is like myself in so many ways.

Yay! *^_^* I feel the same way. Its good to have friends you can relate to!

As for chatting, I still need to get MSN or AIM, but you can reach me on Yahoo chat as bandersnatched (point if you get the refrence) :) If you like, we could gather anyone with an interest in this topic for a live chat some evening. I’d be delighted to set up a time and get a discussion going. Or plot for the Crossplay Army we had in mind. Mu ha-ha. ^_-

-Kuri

Lyulf
05-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah, cuudoos on your post Kuri. :bigtu:
An open mind is how most on this thread are. I've seen pics of some of the crossplayers and all I can say is WOW :mfg:
You have to live life with an open mind else as that saying goes "Talk to the Hand"
If mundanes have problems with that, then that is there problem, as we are all there to have fun and the female characters always seem to have the better outfits

Kirin-Riki
05-07-2004, 10:07 PM
never been to a con, but i think crossplaying girls are sooo hot XD!

YaoiTenshi
05-23-2004, 05:24 PM
*timidly waves hand* Moi.
I was attracted to a girl who crossplayed a Duo Maxwell. But now the feeling is gone. I just think of her as my sister and best Duo Maxwell for me! ^ ^