PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Vesperia - Flynn Shoulders

Free Knight
10-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just joined the forum (as I'm sure many people do around halloween). I was hoping someone could give me tips on making the shoulder plates for Flynn from tales of Vesperia. I'm having trouble coming up with a patter than gets the same curve of the shoulder plates, I always seem to end up with it looking like a 45 degree angle or it makes a sharp ridge running along the upper edge (not the ridge it's supposed to have though).

If anyone has any pattern suggestions or links that would work, I'd appreciate it. It's the only part I can't seem to get right on the armor. I'll attach an image to the post if that helps.

Thanks,
Adam

RogueMage
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just joined the forum (as I'm sure many people do around halloween). I was hoping someone could give me tips on making the shoulder plates for Flynn from tales of Vesperia. I'm having trouble coming up with a patter than gets the same curve of the shoulder plates, I always seem to end up with it looking like a 45 degree angle or it makes a sharp ridge running along the upper edge (not the ridge it's supposed to have though).

If anyone has any pattern suggestions or links that would work, I'd appreciate it. It's the only part I can't seem to get right on the armor. I'll attach an image to the post if that helps.

Thanks,
Adam

...pattern? Hold on, how exactly are you making these shoulder pads? What materials are you using?

Flynn's shoulders just look like wedges of a sphere, have you considered using a plastic bowl or an oversized Christmas ornament as a base? I know that's what Amethyst Angel did in her Chris Lightfellow (http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_chris.html) costume.

Free Knight
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna use craft foam as the main material (a la http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html).

I thought about using a bowl but thought it might turn out a little too round but I might try A. Angel's method. Thanks for the link. Any other suggestions are welcome though.