PDA

View Full Version : Are there any exclusive crossplay events?

DivineHype
07-16-2003, 08:38 PM
I was thinking it would be sooooo cool to have a crossplay ball (like the OG drag balls in NY in th 80's) with different catagories like craftsmanship, 'realness' (how much do you really look like the opposite sex?) or reading contest (where you get to 'read'/judge your other competitors in a funny way) And of course, full on drag performances, complete with cash tips!

It would be an awesome way to mix drag culture with cosplay culture. Seems like such a natural thing to do.

If anyone knows of such an event , or is SERIOUSLY interested in coordinating one, please contact me!

~Rhi

Wyna Hiros
07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
[Deleted. Sorry, left Cosplay.com due to lack of time/interest]

Karisu-sama
07-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Wyna Hiros
they had a "Crossplay Fashion Show" (I think) at Ani-Magic, Lancaster.

Yeah, I ran it. :p I may do it again this year, too. ^^

engrish
07-16-2003, 09:42 PM
crossplay fashion shows? That sounds like fun. I think it's really kewl that crossplay has gotten much more accepted now compared to the "olde days".

Wyna Hiros
07-17-2003, 03:00 PM
[Deleted. Sorry, left Cosplay.com due to lack of time/interest]

Michi
07-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Ahaha Crossplay Fashion Show.. I was late to it last year or else I'd've participated. x_x It'd be cool if you did it again, Karisu! I know exactly what I'll wear, too. :3

Yukai
07-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Yeah, I ran it. :p I may do it again this year, too. ^^

I guess I need to research cons better, because I never knew that there was a crossplay fashion show. I'm oblivious to everything, really. I applaud you on your work and bow before your greatness. ^.~

Gren
07-18-2003, 11:13 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to try to mesh together crossplay and drag. While people who are into drag are more tha likely going to be into crossplay, people who are into crossplay are not nessicarily into drag. treating one like an extension of the other can lead to a lot of people getting the wrong idea about crossplayers and their motivations.
A crossplay event, on the other hand, I'd attend any day. XD

Hibiki-chan
07-18-2003, 11:23 PM
That's awesome! Hope everyone appreciates the work I put into this quickie costume I'll be doing for Ani-Magic though... that is, if all the pieces fit right. T_T

Karisu -- that'd be awesome if you did it again! That way I'll get to meet some of the people here... sometimes, it's a disadvantage to be a n00b at these kinds of forums yknow ^_^;;;;