PDA

View Full Version : G4 audtiioins at the comic-con

Crazy Bunta
07-17-2003, 12:26 AM
For thos that haven't heard. We will be at the San Diego comic-con filming auditions for G4 for an upcoming 30 minute cosplay runway show.

I'll be looking for cosplayers all over, and if you're interested, but didn't see us, then please come to the 1st floor big set of stairs when the exhibit hall closes on THURSDAY. We will be tere all 4 days, but because of the masquerade, we have nno idea how we are going to schedule interviews besides THursday.

In order to appear on G4's show you must be free all day on JULY 30th, 18 or older and able to make it to the LA area on that day.

For more info reply to this thread or Private message me.

BTW: Since this is an auditoin and interview for a position as acosplayer... you MUST be in costume. So, if you're not in costume all day, but have one, we will be giving audtioins for 2 hours, (which should give you enough time to change).

When I'm reffering to big stairs. I mean the huge set of RED stairs inside the convention, (not the cement ones outside). 1st floor at exhibit hall closing. Auditions will be for 2 hours.

Daitenshi
07-17-2003, 12:27 AM
See you at the stairs ^_^

Sana-chan
07-17-2003, 12:46 AM
meh I'm only 17. Ah wellz. Maybe next year.

Crazy Bunta
07-17-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Sana-chan
meh I'm only 17. Ah wellz. Maybe next year.

Yeah, there will be one next year. Don't eorry about it. When I went through the interviews, I noticed your age, that's why I never wrote to you about the G4 thing. Sorry.

Crazy Bunta
07-18-2003, 01:12 AM
Didn't see anyone at the meeting place and waited an hour before leaving. Sorry if I missed anyone. If you are interested in auditioning for G4 then just ask me before the Friday dinner meeting around 4pm. I'll set you up and get a DVD out to G4.

They are no longer sending a rep, (because of hotel issues) so we are their only source for gathering auditions this year. If you are under 18 yers old, still approach us, because we are also filming for a documentary series for cosplaying on the West coast, and we would love to give everyone some wide video exposure.

Sana-Chan and pals gave the funnest and most interesting interview to date at the comic-con. :) Definately alot of fun.

Basically, we need to gather 19 more cosplayers that can definately make it to Hollywood/ LA area on July 30th in order for them to continue with the project.

katchoo
07-18-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm going to be at CC tomorrow, any way to still meet with ya? I live here in LA also so I could meet you at any other date.

Crazy Bunta
07-19-2003, 12:29 AM
We'll be there all day Saturday. At the pre-masquerade shoot I'll be handing out info and doing interviews. After that, I'll be wandering the convention sales floor in hopes of finding cosplayers. Instead of being 2 people, we're supposed to get help from 2 more to cover more ground.

I'll try to stay after the masquerade as well. If you mis us, you can still audition by contacting G4 and letting them know that you're interested.

Crazy Bunta
07-21-2003, 05:05 AM
See my post in the GENERAL CHAT area. I'm going to get everything cleared up on Monday. Please adress all replies to the GENERAL CHAT board, since I don't want this to get confusing like the G4 thing as become.

Monday I'm going to call Ryan at G4 and get some straight official answers.

EX:
Since there is no financial composation, what do you get?
Why are they doing a cosplay runway show?
If this is a gaming channel why are they allowing any costume?
Exact time of rehearsal.
Exact time of stage show.
Location.
Who are these, "CELEBRITIES"?
Can cosplayers promote their groups and websites?
When will you know if you made the cut?

If you have any questions please post on the GENERAL CHAT board under the G4 thread that Hichan started. Please get them to me before 6pm, so that I can have them before I call G4. I'm definately giving full credit to all the great cosplayers I met at AX, Comic-con and of course cosplay.com. All of you I met in person have been more than nice to me and showed me the highest amount of hospitality I've ever received. Like Sana's invite to her Pat&Oscar's Dinner, Hi-chan, Tif and her group's invite to dinner at AX, and so much more that I can't even begin to list. You're all great. Thank you so much.

Genki_Usagi
07-21-2003, 05:03 PM
wait, so if you're under 18 then ya can't do it? cuz yeah, I'm only 17, so is KT.

Crazy Bunta
07-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Genki_Usagi
wait, so if you're under 18 then ya can't do it? cuz yeah, I'm only 17, so is KT.

Yes, must be 18. Sorry.

Genki_Usagi
07-21-2003, 10:24 PM
ok, sorry, we can't do it. Maybe next year.

Crazy Bunta
07-21-2003, 10:32 PM
ok, sorry, we can't do it. Maybe next year.

I'm just glad I got to interview you at AX Bri. You in the Alice suit was the most character driven interviews I have done.

Don't worry about the G4 thing.

Genki_Usagi
07-21-2003, 10:41 PM
really? what do you mean?

Crazy Bunta
07-21-2003, 10:43 PM
really? what do you mean?

I mean, you interviewed as Alice and acted exactly as the character would act and spoke the same as the character did, you evens aid that you could do the accent if we wanted you to.

L to the 3rd
07-25-2003, 07:52 PM
don't you guys have a web site or something cuz yea.

Crazy Bunta
07-30-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
don't you guys have a web site or something cuz yea.

Are you refering to G4 or to the cosplay documentary?