PDA

View Full Version : Ani-Magic Rights

Ranma Saotome
09-24-2002, 12:17 AM
You may wanna read this. I got this from my AMV ML. I don't know if this is 100% true or not...

The staff have plans to search any room they feel like it. Quote
from Revell Ani-Magic Con-head 9/23/02: ...our senior staff
leadership DO have the authorization to check any room we see fit.

He also believes, Quote from Revell 9/23/02: We CAN check room
parties on the property of the AVI for illegal activities. The hotel
wants and expects it. ... They are not an extension of your privacy
rights.

Protecting people is a noble thing to do, but the actions Revell is
trying to take are ILLEGAL, so know your rights.

An occupant of a hotel or motel room is entitled to the Fourth
Amendment protection against unreasonable searches and seizures.
Const 1963, Art 1 Sec 11, US Const, Am 4 442 Mich 1; 497 NW2d 910 (1993), cert den 508 US 947; 113 S Ct 2432; 124 L Ed 2d 652 (1993)

Basically a hotel room may not be searched unless a warrent is
presented or the Hotel OWNER gives consent. (Consent can only be given to a police officer, not some third party such as the
convention staff.) If you do not wish your hotel room searched at
Ani-Magic then be sure to send this information on to others.

If you wish further information on your legal rights conserning hotel room privacy do a search on the internet, or contact me and I'll send you the information I have.

Can anyone here verify this at all? Do not flip out on this please.

Dragoon Knight
09-24-2002, 12:23 AM
O.o someone better research this O.o

ChenCzen
09-24-2002, 12:34 AM
heres what sticks me as wrong with this.

hotels are private property. your right to unreasonable search and seizure more accruratley in this case means your person, or what you have on you. it does not include i believe your room which is private property owned by the hotel. so i think technically if the hotel wants your room checked they can. of course i doubt they would unless they were absolutely certain since it would cause a great stink if nothing was found.

Iori E
09-24-2002, 02:29 AM
I remember Revell once saying that the "4 people to a room" policy in AVI will be strictly enforced. And I don't know how that can possibly be accomplished unless the room was checked upon...

Revell goes through a lot of trouble and hard work to make Ani-Magic happen. I just think this is a precaution.

Mink
09-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Heres a thought....maybe instead of taking the chance, just dont bring anything that might incriminate you.

Yuna
09-24-2002, 08:03 PM
har har har... can we say "Ramses?"

L to the 3rd
09-24-2002, 08:29 PM
^_^;;

why are u worried, Ranma?
got somethin' to hide? heheh.

Ranma Saotome
09-24-2002, 09:11 PM
Actuall no L. I don't do my ganja runs on the West Coast. XD

Like I said, someone on the AMV ML posted that, so I figure I give you guys the heads up.

Yuna
09-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
^_^;;

why are u worried, Ranma?
got somethin' to hide? heheh.

Be on your guard Chrissy! They might bust ya for pimpin'! X3

Mei Lan Chang
09-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Oh shucks....I am going to have to leave my collection of illegally imported malaria carrying hissing wombats at home.

Yuna
09-25-2002, 12:18 AM
DAMN! I was looking foward to seeing those! ::weeps::

Kitty
09-25-2002, 12:42 AM
I guess now I cant pawn off my boys for anime and money now crap and Will would have brought me some good money then I could get that PS2 and K.H. Sigh better put the hentai away too then ^_^

Dragoon Knight
09-25-2002, 12:44 AM
O.o ROFLMAO ^^;;;; ...wait a min? O.o

Kenshin Ken
09-25-2002, 01:07 AM
LOL ^^ looks like Kitty revelaed your stash of hentai goodies... lock em up Wayne! lol ^^.

Kitty
09-25-2002, 01:14 AM
HEH those be me hentai booty ARRRRRR (Oh s#@!) there I go again.Make it stop!

Dragoon Knight
09-25-2002, 01:57 AM
LOL....ARRRRRrrrrr >D ^^

Kitty
09-25-2002, 02:01 AM
Nooo noooooooooo! Okay you have the right to get a SMACK BOTTOM! LOL

Dragoon Knight
09-25-2002, 02:17 AM
oooooh...I wont stop you ^^ ARRRRrrrr >D lol

L to the 3rd
09-25-2002, 02:20 AM
ack hide the yaoi!! *shoves it under
the bed* XD

Dragoon Knight
09-25-2002, 02:24 AM
so that's where she keeps 'em O.o LOL

Yuna
09-25-2002, 11:27 AM
I wonder just how much Aragorn and Legolas yaoi can be found down there.... ptolly a whole library...

Kitty
09-25-2002, 12:37 PM
NOPE! Now you must share with the rest of the class Mrs. Chrissy
*kitty sneaks off to chrissys room and starts to burrow like a ham ham * Ooooooh Padda padda .....diggie duggy ....diggie duggy...

Dragoon Knight
09-25-2002, 01:04 PM
lol...hehehe ^^ burrow like our child does....he's burrows too much now that I think of it O.o ...lol

Kenshin Ken
09-25-2002, 01:33 PM
I'll help ya! * grabs a shovel and digs in* I'll probably find the oldest hentia ever made in this pile ^^;;

Adella
09-25-2002, 04:54 PM
I have a leggie and aragorn pic!

Yuna
09-25-2002, 07:18 PM
hehehe, mee tooo... the beez a goooooood yaoi couple >D both so freaking sexu! XDDDD That and I'm sure Legolas plays the chick-ish role in them all >3

Kitty
09-26-2002, 03:14 AM
This LOR YAOI is starting to scare me .........just as bad as Gundam yaoi *shudder*~~~~eh~~~~burrrrr~~~~~

Dragoon Knight
09-26-2002, 03:19 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...didn't want to read hear that >_< ...lol

L to the 3rd
09-26-2002, 03:54 AM
haha my elder sis n' bro in law
have doujinshi lying around in their house for ebaying.. *_*;;
a lot of aragorn X legolas and
hobbits x hobbits. tidus x auron.,
squall x seifer.. o_o;; and..on and on..

Yuna
09-26-2002, 07:10 AM
OMG... you've SOOOOOOOO dipped into their stash haven't you XD

Rey-Rey
09-26-2002, 10:17 AM
*packs his bags and moves out of this corrupt country*

Kitty
09-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Head to Japan or Mexico!

Dragoon Knight
09-26-2002, 02:22 PM
JAPAN .....you know you want to ^^ but ish expensive there >_< go to Canada...>D

Ranma Saotome
09-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Japan, Mexico... But Canada is horrible. :p

Adella
09-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Japan isn't as great as you might imagine...

peacecraft
09-26-2002, 03:33 PM
It's better than a lot of the other countries I've visited, believe me...

Dragoon Knight
09-26-2002, 03:55 PM
but things are cheaper in Canada, and of what cons I've been to, they love West Coasters ^^ And Toronto is a very nice city.

artemis316
09-26-2002, 05:33 PM
Yesh...Canada is totally cheap! And they have rockin' candy bars we don't have, like Aero Bars. ^.^

Out of all the cities I've visited, I'd have to agree w/ Dorky Tight @$$ (LOL!)...Toronto just totally rocks, especially if you're going to Anime North! The weather is nice...the atmosphere is awesome and the local folks are really cool! We went to Anime North back in May (it was my 2nd time there, Tight @$$'s first...) and Dork fell in love w/ it, hands down! :D

And if you get a chance to visit Toronto, you have to check out Niagara Falls...it's da bomb!!

http://artemis316.homestead.com/files/niagara5.jpg

Dragoon Knight
09-26-2002, 05:49 PM
;_; wanted to go to Niagra Falls, but I had to catch my stooopid plane back home >_< maybe next time ^^

artemis316
09-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Niagara Falls will always be there, you dork...LOL!

Hmm, gotta ask Kitty if she'd like to throw her bodyguard into a barrel and throw him off the falls, just to see if he's really tough...^.^

Dragoon Knight
09-26-2002, 06:00 PM
BRING IT ON! you baka neko ..lol ^^;;;

artemis316
09-26-2002, 06:11 PM
OHHH, IT'S ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTEN, DORKY!! *does Z snap w/ head movement* :D

ROFL!! XD~~

engrish
09-26-2002, 07:01 PM
quote:
"The staff have plans to search any room they feel like it. Quote
from Revell Ani-Magic Con-head 9/23/02: ...our senior staff
leadership DO have the authorization to check any room we see fit.

He also believes, Quote from Revell 9/23/02: We CAN check room
parties on the property of the AVI for illegal activities. The hotel
wants and expects it. ... They are not an extension of your privacy
rights. "

ummm where did you get this?

*remembers that scene from the movie Wayne's World where the cop says, "There's just one more thing I need to check!" pulls on a latex glove*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dragoon Knight
09-26-2002, 07:10 PM
O.o Ahh dude! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...lol

Ranma Saotome
09-26-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by artemis316
OHHH, IT'S ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTEN, DORKY!! *does Z snap w/ head movement* :D

ROFL!! XD~~

Welcome to 'Men on Cosplay'!

"Hated it!" :D

L to the 3rd
09-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
Japan isn't as great as you might imagine...

OMG.. but Japan was great! I went there twice and
I'm going back again this Christmas for comiket!!!! *_*
Time to stock up on doujinshi, yummy snacks,toys and
nakayoshi!!!

hanging out with Barbie, Kaie and her cosplay
friends was really fun too.

AM Chair
09-27-2002, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone,
it's me. Revell. I've been luking this board for quite sometime, I love the way it looks and what it stands for, so I regret the fact that I have to explain something that shouldn't have come to your attention in the first place in this way.

This reference to Ani-Magic rights comes from Cynthia Delker, formerly our AMV coordinator and of our staff as of this week because of her unprofessional manner in which she deals with being told to behave herself. Up until this week, this was an internal staff matter, regarding the conduct of our staff, most of whom are under age 18.

The hotel has made it clear that no one under the age of 21 is to consume liquor on the property. We signed documents to that effect this week. In the days before this flap, Ms. Delker attended a staff meeting in which we repeated our policy regarding newly turned staff 18 year olds who were planning parties in the AVI hotel rooms: YOU WILL NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL! Further, no minors will be left unnaccompained in these rooms. I and the senior aged members of the staff (read parents) told all present we would be checking these rooms to ensure no funny business was taking place.

This was at a meeting two weeks ago. Just this week, Ms Delker chose to challange the idea that we as staff could check any room on the property, and did so in a way that indignifies our board and the office of chairman. Framing this as me going out of control, she began to attack my management of the con. The board stepped in and sent her a message stating why the policy is in effect, and that all staff members are expected to adhere to to it. She was also warned to stop responding to this subject in a hostile manner.

She reponded by taking this internal staff issue to several other boards, including AX and I guess the AMV and Cosp boards as well, telling people that I intend to infringe upon their privacy rights, and that they shouldn't come to Ani-Magic. That's when I fired her. This incident has finally revealed a few things we've suspected about her for some time: she is the person known as smurf123, who has been a source of derisive comments about me and the con for the last six months on our message board.

Now. How does this affect you? What we expect of all who visit the con is to have the same safe good time you've always had for the last two years. What is different is that we have stated a willingness to enforce what we had in our program guides for two cons.

If I am made aware of a loud party, smell stash in the halls, or other illegal activities, we're gonna be on it, with or without the cops. And frankly I think you'd rather have us checking you out. When that party situation comes up, if there's booze around, everyone in the room needs to be the legal drinking age. If there are minors present, heaven help you. I will not stand for this con being shut down because someone wants to play Animal House with 16-17 year olds.

Most of you guys have known me for years, and you've enjoyed the Autumn Dream since the beginning. So you know I don't just go off half cocked. I'm doing my job as chairman and the guy who signs the contracts. If something goes wrong, I swing for it. I care very much for your safety and that of our staff's. Our policy has been overstated by a disgruntled former member of our staff who has shown a blatant disregard for our method of management.

Sorry you guys had to see that message, and sorry that I have to introduce politics to this wonderful board to explain the tripe from a fired staff member. I'll see you all next weekend. And you'll see the results of our hard work this year. Cosplay safe and make sure your friends are too.

Thanks also for the light hearted way you've all been treating it , too.

Revell Walker
Chairman, Ani-Magic 2002

Yuna
09-27-2002, 01:43 AM
YAY! You totally roxor Revell. I seriously doubted from the start that you and your staff were going to bust into our rooms on a whim and search ^_^ I'm SO glad that you've set the record straight for the little prissys who are just mad that they can't come be a part of the Autumn too XD

~Nessa

L to the 3rd
09-27-2002, 01:44 AM
umm what if we are over 21 and
is walked in on doing some ''funny
business''? that would..be...interesting ^_^;;;;; lol.

Ranma Saotome
09-27-2002, 03:02 AM
Must post this on the AMV ML...

Kitty
09-27-2002, 10:37 AM
LOL Just have your viedo camera ready Chrissy. I know mine will be guled to my hand ^_^

Revell: Mushi and hello! Thank you for clearing this mess up and taking charge so us anime lovers can have a good time at the con this year. I know I have been looking forward to it for some time now. Its good to know that we have a great chair-person like you who actually likes the anime fans and will help us out to better understand the situation. So with that said and done, I would like to welcome you to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time talking to us here! See you at AM (I cant wait)*^_^*

Dragoon Knight
09-27-2002, 11:23 AM
JYAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ^^ Thanks you Revell for clearing all of this up. Lets try to have a great Ani-Magic this year >D

umm....can the pool be heated this year ^^;;; ..lol jk

AM Chair
09-27-2002, 01:53 PM
I don't know about the pool, I hope it's heated too. I'm supposed to be cannon balling into it after we have 1000 confirmed attendees....I know the jacuzzi is all nice and sexy warm though.

**Good thing kitties don't like water, eh D-Knight?**

~Revell

Adella
09-27-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by AM Chair
I don't know about the pool, I hope it's heated too. I'm supposed to be cannon balling into it after we have 1000 confirmed attendees....I know the jacuzzi is all nice and sexy warm though.

**Good thing kitties don't like water, eh D-Knight?**

~Revell

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AWESOME!! You gotta jump into the pool at the masquerade too!

Ranma why don't you stay out of it?

L to the 3rd
09-27-2002, 03:14 PM
who want's to see Squall in the jacuzzi? er..wait...

Adella
09-27-2002, 03:15 PM
*Perk*

Yuna
09-27-2002, 05:25 PM
EWWWWWWWW I've never been able to look at a jacuzi the same way @_@

Adella
09-27-2002, 09:13 PM
last year I met Kitty by dragging her into the Jacuzzi, then nessa came and got in my lap ;)

Dragoon Knight
09-27-2002, 09:32 PM
I think the jacuzzi will be the most used spot at AM ....O.o

Miaka No Baka
09-27-2002, 09:32 PM
maybe the jacuzzi wont be all foamy like it was last year... that's why I didn't go in ^_^; Thanks revell for clearing this up. We weren't gonna have a party in our room but just the thought that you guys were gonna barge in just for the heck of it kinda worried us... not like we would be doing anything illegal in there anyways ^_^;;;

Miaka no Baka

Ranma Saotome
09-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Ranma why don't you stay out of it?

Remember, I was the one that found out about this. I posted this for you guys, cuz I was trying to look out for you guys in case something like this would happen. The only reason I posted the link here BACK to the AMV ML because that is where I heard this and no one on there knows the truth of the matter, alright?!

Now, I am officially out of it. Anyone that contacts me about this, will not get a reply from me.

*sigh* You try to do a good deed and everyone calls you an instigator.

AM Chair
09-27-2002, 10:50 PM
Let's not jump on the east coaster. I'm GLAD he brought it up, and it gave me a chance to explain our position in an understanding forum. Thanks again Ranma, I know its going to be posted where it counts back in Yahoo land.

Revell

Adella
09-28-2002, 12:50 AM
Gracious, all I said was "ranma why don't you stay out of it?"

I'm not jumping on anyone's case. No need to be defensive or feel sorry for yourself.

Dragoon Knight
09-28-2002, 01:39 AM
ok, lets everyone be friends and have some pie! ^^

Ranma Saotome
09-28-2002, 02:01 AM
Gracious, all I said was "ranma why don't you stay out of it?"

I'm not jumping on anyone's case. No need to be defensive or feel sorry for yourself.

^^; Sometimes I usually get that reaction and I may have overstepped my boundries...

*buys a flower from Aeris to get on her good side* :D

Kitty
09-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Kitty is sooo happy she met her sweet Aeris at the pool / spa and ps. Revell this little kitty LOOOOVES water .^_^

Dragoon Knight
09-28-2002, 02:21 AM
lets just hope that spa is UBER clean, and I'll go back in it, and only if Kitty drags me in ^^

AM Chair
09-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Is "foamy" a bad thing? it's all I ever see at any spa. And the new owners have been checking the PH levels a lot.

Dragoon Knight
09-28-2002, 11:30 AM
oooooooooooh.....clean is good. I remember the jacuzzi being not so hot last time too....they are supposed to hot >D

Adella
09-28-2002, 01:13 PM
I remember last year I thought Revell OWNED the hotel. :p

Miaka No Baka
09-29-2002, 02:09 AM
foamy to me doesn't sound good... like too much chemicals in it or something. We've owned spas before both attached to a pool in the ground and above ground ones and they never did that... hehe it just reminds me of this one time when I was in 7th grade and they took us to the water sanitization plant... boy I wont go any further it wasn't pretty and smell wasn't that good until you got to almost cleaned water....

Miaka no Baka

Aya Mizu
09-29-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Dragoon Knight
oooooooooooh.....clean is good. I remember the jacuzzi being not so hot last time too....they are supposed to hot >D

Ick. And I remember it looking kinda yellow on Sunday morning :eek:

Yuna
09-29-2002, 07:08 AM
I remember seeing the picture of it all nast from Sunday Morning... ::dies::

MarshalBanana
09-29-2002, 05:27 PM
if you have to go in smelly hot water it better be a hot spring, thats my take! hee hee

Kenshin Ken
09-29-2002, 09:30 PM
hmm ^^:; better get my swim trunks in handy ^^;; * tries to avoid the runors about bad jacuzzi water* ^^;;

Dragoon Knight
09-29-2002, 11:04 PM
tiz evil water... x.x ...lol

Kenshin Ken
09-29-2002, 11:06 PM
will it eat me alivce like acid? ^^;;

Dragoon Knight
09-29-2002, 11:08 PM
<_< .....>_>....maybe O.o ...lol

Kenshin Ken
09-29-2002, 11:26 PM
I'll take my chances..^^;; * looks at boiling jacuuzi water*.......um.... hey.. you first.. * nudges Wayne*

Dragoon Knight
09-29-2002, 11:28 PM
I fear no hot jacuzzi or freezing pool ...lol ^^ (Kitty will vouch for me on that ^^)

Kitty
09-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Goood god! Wayne you ish crazy I cant belive you swam in 50 degree water at fanime!

Dragoon Knight
09-30-2002, 11:20 AM
it wasn't that cold.....if it were 50 degree, i dont think I could of been in it....it more like 67-70 degree...lol ....but it was windy cold that day too......wheeeeeeee for jacuzzi ^^

Kenshin Ken
10-01-2002, 01:25 AM
mm ^_^ 50 degree water sounds pretty comfy to me actually ^_^ I end up diving right into that stuff everytime up here when I get to a outdoor pool ^^;;

once you get your entire body in... you get used to it ^_^. it's getting into some hot water is what's gonna make you a wee bit dizzy ^^;

Dragoon Knight
10-01-2002, 02:08 AM
but your not cold in hot water ^^;; hehehe rather be roasty in the jacuzzi then numb in the pool...lol

Kenshin Ken
10-01-2002, 02:28 AM
mm.. 50 degrees is chilly isn't it?

I can get dizzy in hot water if I've dipepd myself in numbing cold water beforehand ^^

Wandering Otaku
10-03-2002, 10:59 PM
@_@x oro....