PDA

View Full Version : Calypso/Tia Dalma Cosplay (Pirates of The Caribbean)

Aszrielle
10-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I know there's already a PoTC cosplay thread up and running, but I didn't particularly want to gatecrash it so I'm posting here. C:

I was planning to cosplay as Tia Dalma/Calypso from the movie Pirate of The Caribbean, but the costume itself looks so difficult to make. The hair and make-up is no problem, but the bodice and skirt of her costume...

Does anybody know a place where I could purchase the ready-made costume or something similar? And also if anybody as an accurate ref picture, please post in case I do end up making the dress. <3

Thanks to all.

~Aszrielle

Kiwi54
11-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Don't know if yo were still interested but here's a site with tons of references pics:

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3_tia.shtml

I also cosplay Tia Dalma and if you wanted to have anything commissioned let me know!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Amazing website! I'm certainly going to use it for my Tia costume.
Kiwi, do you have any close pics of the details of your own costume?

Kiwi54
11-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Amazing website! I'm certainly going to use it for my Tia costume.
Kiwi, do you have any close pics of the details of your own costume?

Not yet just the one I have in my gallery, But i am taking new pics soon and i'll be sure to get close details

Sheled Umlal
08-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Get your facepalmers at the ready, Calypso is an anagram of Cosplay!!

Fabulousity
08-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Get your facepalmers at the ready, Calypso is an anagram of Cosplay!!

O.O WITCH!!!!! WITCH!!!!!!

dukeunique
08-09-2011, 06:26 AM
i really dont know about this thanks for sharing dear :)

MissAngie
03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Tia is a dream cosplay of mine T.T ..Does anyone here has any tips or advice how I should make her dress?

SweeneyTodd
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
MissAngie- I would just say to look at tons of reference pictures. There are all kinds of smaller details on her costume, so make sure you make use of the pics on Costumer's Guide.