PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive Cosplay?

Markedman247
11-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I am going to be in my Brad Wong Costume 2 from Dead or Alive 4. Trying to gather a group together if anyone is interested. I need a head start as to when to plan so I can get the facial growth.

XXTREMELYAZNXX
11-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd go since I wanna bust out my new RYU HAYABUSA cosplay! xD...but sadly i live too far ><

djkidna
11-12-2008, 08:31 AM
I might bring back Hayabusa. I have a lot of costumes I'm doing but I might bring him back. I have to redo the headband though.

minakocat
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I know right, I really want to wear my Helena again... cause i spent so freakin long on that costume, lol, but I wanna wear something new at the same time! I'm so undecided!!! >.<

Markedman247
11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I know right, I really want to wear my Helena again... cause i spent so freakin long on that costume, lol, but I wanna wear something new at the same time! I'm so undecided!!! >.<

Well, I actually got inspired by you and your friend's costumes at Animazement (Helena, Ayane, and Lei Fang). I had to figure out who I could go as from DoA. And I want to thank you for inspiring me to be this costume. So, I chose Brad Wong since I play him significantly. He left something to the imagination. So, I decided to do this costume. It's not perfect. I need to add fur to the arm bands and get a black martial arts belt. But, I got a gourd. And that counts for something :)
You can check it out to see what you think.

Wasting away in Margaritaville?" (http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/markedman247/Neko2008/DSC00075.jpg)

Dispite what it sounds like, I don't want you to think you have to go as Helena. You want to have fun at the convention so you should go as who you want. But, I was being mistaken for Raiden from Mortal Kombat. :lost: So, I wanted to bring DOA back to the forefront. Besides, I am trying to talk a friend into going as Christie but I have to try really hard. It involves ruining leather pants. :(

minakocat
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Markedman247:: Aww, that is so awesome! I am so touched that all the costumes I made had an impact on someone else. I love Brad Wong and his fighting style. I think you did a really great job! Especially the gourd! Such a great addition to the costume! I definitely agree with giving DOA more recognition. It's really unfortunate that most people can only pick out Ayane and Kasumi out in a crowd and no one else (for the most part I, as Helena, was not recognized at all unless they saw Ayane first). I guess that's just how cosplay goes since it really only is pertaining to the masses, if you want to get recognized that is.

I am playing with a few ideas at the moment, such as the red Helena costume, but if I want to stay with my group... they are moving more towards perhaps Soul Calibur, either Sophitia or Xianghua, tho she is half a foot shorter than me....... lol.

OH. and she could probably find a pair of leather pants for pretty cheap! Try ebay :D I have found some for like 20$ before! :D

Markedman247
11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Minakocat: Well, I would love to see a Setsuka in the "Evil Mary Poppins" costume. I have been asked to try SC cosplay but so far, outside of Raphael, I am at a loss. Of course, with my body type. I won't be sporting Siegfried because I despise that character. And, like Helena, Sophitia is my favorite female character in the game. Can't stand her little sister. But, I digress. I may start sounding creepy when I am trying to sound earnest.

Anyway, hope to see you there in whatever guise you don. :)

minakocat
11-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Markedman247: hahah i agree. I really do not like Cassandra either, not sure why. We are definitely still in the planning stages of our cosplays, especially with recent money bumps, but hopefully we'll figure out something soon! We definitely have doing a different version of DOA for at least for Helena and Ayane on our list. Our lei-fang has other things planned, lol. I'll post about it whenever i know. lol

Kyasaren
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Ahh, Dead or Alive. I remember falling in love with that game when my dad brought home an XBOX. (Helena was my first fav character, btw! I love your costume Minakocat)
If there is a group, I'd greatly consider doing one of their outfits.

minakocat
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
kyasaren: *squeeee* thanks so much! she has always been my fav too!

Markedman247
11-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I still have to do some convincing to a friend of mine. She expressed interest in Christie (Black single strap T-shirt with Leather Blue Flame pants?) but besides me playing, she's not been converted to a DoA player. But, being one of possibly more Brad Wong cosplayers, I am calling dibs on the floor for relaxing. Too bad no overt bar for me to "drink" at. We still have time to get things organized.

As for timing, I am hoping to do it on Saturday but I also have another costume (Captain Urahara in captain's gear from Bleach) to play on Saturday which may interfere. The beard has to be shaved for me to rock the other one. So, I would need a heads-up of a week to account for beard growth. So far, its been deamed that I have to shave Tuesday for it to be ready on Saturday. Thankfully, that's a major variable of that costume outside of tracking down blue Kung Fu slippers and putting fur on my sleeves.

Markedman247
11-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I am adding a list of officially attending as a DOA character.

Just email or respond here if you decide you want to.

MM247

djkidna
01-10-2009, 08:51 AM
It's called looking back past the first page, buddy.

Markedman247
01-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't know what happened. :confused: I looked for the topic via search and looked for it via pages. All I got was 1 page on this board. Honest I looked for next page and it wasn't highlighted. It was inactive. It wasn't there on my browser. Granted, this is a gov.-based browser so it has a few things cut off by necessity. Maybe that has something to do with it. Sorry about the double post. It wasn't something I did intentionally and looked to see if the post was still here prior. If I was on my other computer, I have it as a "subscribed" thread on my favorites.

Once again, my bad.

If a mod would be so kind as to delete the newer post, thank you.