PDA

View Full Version : Digivice Season 1 tutorial!

natsuo
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I'll give you a nice quick tutorial:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1392339/

that's what mine looked like finished.

1. paste this picture:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/equinoxonsubeta/digivice.jpg
into paint or photoshop and resize it to be the size you want the real digivice to be. print 2 copies of it.

2. now cut around the outside (but you don't need the little antena on top). On the second copy, just cut out that center circle part.

3. get some cardboard! and one comic book backing/piece of thick white paper. use an exacto knife to cut out the outer shape of the digivice as many times as you need so when you stack them up on top of eachother it is about 3/4 of an inch thick. superglue all the pieces on top of eachother. now cut the same shape one last time on the comic backing. THIS time, cut little slits into the paper around the edges(see my example for what I mean). Glue this piece on top. Now use the circle pattern to cut the center circle on the piece of comic backing. Glue this on top. Cut out one small circle "button" and two oval "buttons" and glue those on TOP of the circle part.

4. Now when you look at the sides, it looks bad with all that rough cardboard look. so take a piece of thick masking tape around the outside. It SHOULD stick. hopefully...

5. See where that antena is supposed to go? Cut a hole in the top of the digivice and then stick something round edged in there. You probably want to superglue it in.

6. PAINT TIME! Paint whatever colors you need, let it dry, and you're done!

HOPE THAT HELPS! If you need help just let me know!

JVCA
11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
You might want to use a different image server - that one has hotlink protection, meaning all we see is the company logo. n_nl

natsuo
11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
there i fixed it.

Angel Tear
11-18-2008, 05:29 PM
*stares in awe*

Can I kiss you now or later?

I cant wait to try this out!

Also, any chance you know of any tutorials to make the tags? You know, the ones from Season one as Kari's was so so pretty.

natsuo
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
awww, thanks so much Angel Tear!

I have not yet tried making tags or crests. I am more into seasons 2 and 3 where they don't have them, but most likely I will make them in the future. Also, if you want to mail me, I can give you the contact information of a guy who actually sells, by request, tags and crests on ebay for about $20. They are VERY well made!

natsuo
11-23-2008, 09:31 AM
so would anyone like me to make the tutorial for the season 3 digivice too?

CreepyUncleLee
11-23-2008, 12:11 PM
O.O;
yes pwease,lol

natsuo
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
okay haha when I find some time I'll be sure to.

If anyone's coming to Ohayocon 2009, I will be at the digimon panel showing these babies off ;)

lxtrix
08-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I wanted to buy one but they are rare to find. Makes me wish i bought one when they came out. I'm cosplay Tai so i will definitely need to make one.