PDA

View Full Version : Pre-registering? Official site? Ani-Magic first time attendee tips?

Hibiki-chan
07-18-2003, 04:16 PM
I was wondering if there was a site to Ani-Magic that required you to pre-register prior to attending like AX? Like many people out there, I've only been to AX and not this particular one.

Also, I was wondering if there were any "tips" people would share in regards to attending this con? Like where to park, where to eat, etc?

Thanks!

Kensuke
07-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Hibiki-Chan,

You can pre-register at www.ani-magic.org via paypal. There should also be a means of pre-registering via snail mail on that site. The current pre-reg rate is $40. Normal registration has been historically very hectic, so you are encouraged to pre-reg ASAP.

As far as tips, there should be ample packing at the AVI and the auxilary hotels (Desert Inn, Inn of Lancaster, ect.). The are a variety of restaurants in the Lancaster area you can eat at. See the thread on the breakfast invasion for some ideas.

positivespace
07-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Didn't they extend the $35 pre-reg fee till the end of the month due to website problems?

Michi
07-18-2003, 10:11 PM
o_O Reg at Ani-Magic hectic? I've always gone in and out no problems without pre-registering. ^^;

Hibiki, AX doesn't "require" you to pre-register, y'know.. I don't think many cons do. Just relax. This is a very comfortable con. There'll be enough parking and there's a nice restaurant at the hotel, along with a lot of other places to eat in the surrounding area. ^^

AM Chair
07-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Positive Space is right, we did extend the $35.00 prereg until July 30. You can preregister using Pay Pal or print the web forn and send it in to:

Ani-Magic 2003 Registrations
PO BOX 221
Lancaster, CA 93584

Wandering Otaku
07-19-2003, 02:51 AM
Yes, Ani-Magic pre registration is hectic. HECTIC! Man! Lines ,lines, lines and more lines! Puts AX to SHAME I tell ya!!!!!!!

Seriously, reg at the door isnt *too* bad (ive never done itb ut seent he line for it and its never been bad) but If you get there early enough, you have nearly no line to go through.
But pre-regging is just so fun and cheap. *nods*

Mandy Mitchell
07-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Take advantage of the discount while it still lasts!

ZiggyB
07-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Hibiki-chan: I never found parking very bad. Um... the advice I would have would be to bring sun screen, since AM is basically held in a dessert.

Also if you plan to hang out at night, bring warm clothing, since it gets *really* cold at night.