PDA

View Full Version : .AVI files........

kitty_neko
09-24-2002, 02:44 PM
gah, its so frustrating!!! >< all the video files i wanna download are encoded/compressed (dunno what the right word is) and i cant play them! does ne one kno where/what i can download that can play them? and ne .AVI players THAT R EASY 2 DOWNLOAD/UNDERSTAND. X.x i've gotten so frustrated cuz of this so i was thinking that maybe someone here could help. i would apreciate it soooooooooo much!!!!! TY!!! :thumbsup:

diqitaldreams
09-24-2002, 03:32 PM
go to divx.com. it has an encoder thing. Install the program and it should run on its own. :D

kitty_neko
09-24-2002, 04:15 PM
ty so much......but (i feel so dumb) i still cant figure out how this works.....and is there ne free .AVI players....cuz u only get a 30 day free trail w/ this one...... sry 2 seem so picky ><

Mei Lan Chang
09-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Doesnt MediaPlayer play .avi's? At least I think mine does...it's been awhile since I have had a computer new enough to download more than a three second song with.

kitty_neko
09-24-2002, 08:08 PM
gah!! *only just now reliezes that she posted this non-costume related question under anime COSTUMES* ><!!!!! im soooo sry......its been a very long day x.X

and im not sure about mediaplayer....cuz i dun have it....

^_^;;;;;;;

Oshi
09-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Um, duh, Windows Media Player comes with every computer, and it has AVI capability... and yeah, get the DivX codec from divx.com. If you somehow don't have WMP, or need to upgrade it, you can do that at Microsoft's website.

Melchior
09-25-2002, 08:49 AM
Maybe she has a macintosh instead of a PC?

Oshi
09-25-2002, 09:26 AM
...*shudder*

Doesn't QuickTime com-- oh yeah, they're .mov standard... hm.
Well, you can always download the DivX Player that comes with the built-in codec. That's completely free, and I'm pretty sure there's a Mac version, if that is the case.

kitty_neko
09-25-2002, 04:01 PM
it finally works! ty all sooooooooooooo much!!! *tears of happiness* T-T