PDA

View Full Version : already?! O.o FYE Animania Dec. 14

Rhi
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
FINAL EDIT: They're having it for sure. I saw the poster in tha window today. Times are as usual. Cosplay at 3:30, trivia sometime afterwards. XD

I didn't expect them to have another one this year.. usually, they'd have it in January. Well, I guess this gives people who were @ Nekocon last time to make this one. ^^ I'll either be Viral or Roy from Fire Emblem/Smash Bros.

Enzera87
11-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Oooo Roy from Fire Emblem, defiantly would like to see that!

I'm hoping I could make it I'm quite glad they are doing it again and yes it is early I also missed the last one bc I was at Neko. Which reminds me that I need to post those pictures..-sigh- Well if I do go I'm not sure who would I be going as...Hmmm.

double00beaver
11-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm just hoping to get to this Animania, at Cary Town Center...or the FYE one..I haven't decided yet.

I missed the last two. -sad-

Costume wise, I'll probably wear my Prince outfit, I haven't gotten to wear my kimono jacket too much.

Rhi
11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Oooo Roy from Fire Emblem, defiantly would like to see that!

I'm hoping I could make it I'm quite glad they are doing it again and yes it is early I also missed the last one bc I was at Neko. Which reminds me that I need to post those pictures..-sigh- Well if I do go I'm not sure who would I be going as...Hmmm.

you're coming to the one in Winston Salem? :3

FFrikku
11-22-2008, 08:23 PM
that's on my birthday so my parents may let me go :D it's in winston?

Rhi
11-22-2008, 11:30 PM
yep, Hanes Mall in Winston.

ChickenDoughnut
11-23-2008, 08:56 AM
:D I'll be going to the Winston one, Maybe as Marth or Toru from Princess Princess... I have no ideas.

Rhi
11-23-2008, 03:17 PM
:D I'll be going to the Winston one, Maybe as Marth or Toru from Princess Princess... I have no ideas.

ChickenDoughnut, you better be going as Marth! XP

KiwiNinamori
11-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm probably going to the one in Greensboro if they have one that time, if not I'll go to Winston^^

djkidna
11-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Hmm... might go to this one if enough people decide to do it. Cary Town Center though. Not sure who I'd go as though. All of my costumes need serious work. Only thing I got going for me is Scarecrow right now, but I'm not sure I want to do him, the mask is such a pain to wear. Unless I do makeup, which I could do no problem. God I wish I had Gaoh done.

FFrikku
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm probably going to the one in Greensboro if they have one that time, if not I'll go to Winston^^

do they hold it in greensboro? that would be so much more convinient for me to go to Four Seasons
but if more people are going to Winston, I'll go there

Enzera87
11-27-2008, 11:25 PM
you're coming to the one in Winston Salem? :3
I might I'm not sure which one I'm going to since I'm coming from Wilmington to go. I think as it gets a little closer I will know. The last one I missed I was at Nekocon.

KiwiNinamori
11-28-2008, 11:51 AM
do they hold it in greensboro? that would be so much more convinient for me to go to Four Seasons
but if more people are going to Winston, I'll go there

yes they hold it in greensboro. But since it is still relatively new we don't have as many cosplayers as Winston. But that makes it all the more easier to win trivia and cosplay contest!!!^^muhahaha

FFrikku
11-28-2008, 08:53 PM
ah man, I need to decide where to go @.@ a lot of my friends go to Winston, so I may just end up going there

Rhi
11-29-2008, 05:26 PM
yay~ They're having it for sure! :3 This post is mainly for anyone who missed the 'final edit' up top. :]

djkidna
11-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Spoke with the folks at Suncoast in Cary Town Center. They have confirmed Animania for December 14th, however all they will be having is the sale, no events. Sadly I think this will be the trend from here on out with them. Security has been really anal about the cosplayers, and have become increasingly unwelcoming with us. Might have to consider going elsewhere now.

Rhi
12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Aww sorry to hear that! :[

chevron694
12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Well folks I'm a Cary Towne Center usual but scene there is no event and I think I have that day off. Ill try to make that one. I mean Durham to Cary is a forty-five minute drive and Durham to Winston-Salem is a hour and thirty minutes. So thirty minutes shouldn't be that much for an anime event?

Tigress
12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Spoke with the folks at Suncoast in Cary Town Center. They have confirmed Animania for December 14th, however all they will be having is the sale, no events. Sadly I think this will be the trend from here on out with them. Security has been really anal about the cosplayers, and have become increasingly unwelcoming with us. Might have to consider going elsewhere now.

Really? I haven't noticed that the security being more or less unwelcoming when I've been there. I know they enacted the "no masks except for pictures" rule, but that's all I've experienced. (But then, I only come to CTC once a month, if that. YMMV.)

Maybe the reason they aren't doing any events this time around is because of the influx of Christmas shoppers (and not having time to run the events) or no prize support from corporate?

'Twill be a shame if there won't be any events anymore, since I like going to Cary. I could go to Winston again or check out the ones in Durham, Raleigh, Greensboro, or Concord. (Yay for living in the middle of the state!) But it just wouldn't be the same!

adrawer4ever
12-03-2008, 08:24 AM
So not too seem like the ignorant one, but just to get my facts right... What exactly -is- Animania? It sounds like a small event held by FYE at various malls?

Rhi
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
precisely. ^_~ basically, there's a little costume contest and trivia as well... and then some us go eat at the food court sometimes. XD

adrawer4ever
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Well it that case, I might be able to round up a few friends to head to the greensboro one. Winston is a little farther away... but depending on how many of us want to go we might be able to carpool! We'll see. =D

SaintQ
12-04-2008, 10:28 PM
That's smack right in the middle of my exam periods :c

Rhi
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
adrawr4ever: Cool. Even better if you come to the Winston one! *kukukuku* >:D

SaintQ: :( Sorry to hear that! :[

chevron694
12-05-2008, 11:58 AM
so do they let you go around in costume? cause a the Cary towne center doesn't do the cosplay anymore.

come on people don't leave me hanging

FFrikku
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Winston lets you cosplay (I've never been but I think they were talking about costume contests?)

chevron694
12-07-2008, 02:03 AM
yea it sucks how we cant cosplay it anymore

fear_nothing
12-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I heard Concord Mills is having an FYE event on this day too. The last event I went there they let you cosplay, but unknowing security peeps yelled at us. But as long as we stayed in FYE we were fine.

Can anyone confirm the Concord Mills meet?

MissMina2
12-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I heard Concord Mills is having an FYE event on this day too. The last event I went there they let you cosplay, but unknowing security peeps yelled at us. But as long as we stayed in FYE we were fine.

I can't confirm but I want to go! And maybe this time the security people won't follow us!

chevron694
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM

Sorry Haven't heard anything Natsu but I like to see you at the Winston-Salem one so we can finally hang out

Tigress
12-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I called the FYE at Triangle Towne Center today and there will be events there.

Cosplay at 2 - 4 pm. Trivia at 3:30. And an art contest.

chevron694
12-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I called the FYE at Triangle Towne Center today and there will be events there.

Cosplay at 2 - 4 pm. Trivia at 3:30. And an art contest.

Well Its sun coast but there owned by the same people. But I know the manager and he said he didn't think there be a cosplay, but there be a event

chevron694
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I when to suncoast to day and I was told there maybe a cosplay event to maybe.

Enzera87
12-10-2008, 01:45 AM
TToTT

It looks like I won't be able to make it this time!!! -finds a corner to cry in-

Tohma
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I am 99% sure I am going on Sunday ^^ When I was at the mall a few weeks ago the sign was up and I was very excited that I would get to go after missing the last one.

Hopefully my trivia team will do better this time XD!!

Enzera87
12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Ok since I didn't go....I demand pictures!!! lol XD

chevron694
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I took some pictures but it wasn't with my camera and Ravyah said she send then to me but I haven't got her picture from j-day 1 so they be be up one of this days.

Elke
12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I am 99% sure I am going on Sunday ^^ When I was at the mall a few weeks ago the sign was up and I was very excited that I would get to go after missing the last one.

Hopefully my trivia team will do better this time XD!!

Dood! Team Fail FTW!

*manly chestbumps*

Tohma
12-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Dood! Team Fail FTW!

*manly chestbumps*

Whoo! We ROCK XD Trivia champions...simply because we love our old anime XD Fushigi Yuugi and Gundam Wing for the WIN

chevron694
12-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Whoo! We ROCK XD Trivia champions...simply because we love our old anime XD Fushigi Yuugi and Gundam Wing for the WIN

Rock'N'Roll Go!! Team Fail "We are the champions my friends, And we'll keep fighting till the end" - Queen Dont forget Tenchi lol. We know old amines cause we a bunch of old farts.

KiwiNinamori
12-16-2008, 09:02 AM
poor Young Athelets On Ice. We failed XP

FFrikku
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh yes, perhaps the title of "fail" shall now be passed to the Young Athletes On Ice?

I'll have all my stupid pics and as few little videos up later when I'm not buried in schoolwork ^.^;
It was so much fun meeting everyone!!! Sorry I was so bi-polar and hyper xD but hey, I love my J-pop

Rhi
12-18-2008, 02:22 AM
I had a fun time meeting you all! Sorry to those I've met before and didn't remember. ^^; I tend to do that... Ugh so hard to keep track! lol

Here's a lil video... mostly of my friends and I though; I need to do better about getting moar footage! <.< Sorry for those of you I've missed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmeMu6C1Za8

chevron694
12-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I had a fun time meeting you all! Sorry to those I've met before and didn't remember. ^^; I tend to do that... Ugh so hard to keep track! lol

Here's a lil video... mostly of my friends and I though; I need to do better about getting moar footage! <.< Sorry for those of you I've missed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmeMu6C1Za8

:waaaah: Im not on the video But there is a little bit but only for a second. o well Rhi who were you dressed as again I dont recall

Rhi
12-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Roy from Smash bros. Melee/Fire Emblem

chevron694
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
o yea

fear_nothing
01-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Concord Mills is having their next Animania on Jan 31st

MissMina2
01-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I'll be seeing you there Natsu!