PDA

View Full Version : New location for AM2004?

IkariYui
07-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Heya Revell! Long time no talk!^_~

I recently heard through the rumor mill that Ani-Magic might be moved to what used to be the Essex House by 2004. Are the masses finally realizing what a great con AM is, and we need a bigger venue? XD Anywho, looking forward to this years get-together!

Best regards,
Shannon

~The Rurouni Otaku~

AM Chair
07-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Hiya Shannon,
I was wondering where you got to! Yes, it is hoped that we might out grow the AVI this year, and the Park Plaza is being considered as the venue for 2004. And I also discovered a place in Santa Clarita that is even better that, the Hyatt Valencia and Santa Clarita Convention Center in Towne Center. I'm tellin ya, this place is Da Bomb!

The Hyatt has the serenity that I look for in the grounds (two beautiful rose gardens), the space for all our venues to be held in doors, 240 posh rooms, and the local attractions like food and cinema right next door in the safest location in the country. All the resturaunts are within "cosplay invasion" distance. we're quite willing to move the con there IF the attendance this year allows us to make that choice.

This location also very convenient for Southland cosplayers and for us out of Lancaster, since its only 45 minutes drive to get there. Look them up on the web, you will love this place, and they seem anxious to have the business. But its all up to the fans, and we never know many we'll get to meet a new goal. Which reminds me, how much are all you folks willing to spend for a decent hotel room with 4 person occupancy? I know what you spend at AX, but we're not going that high for any new venue we consider.

Revell

Nadeshiko
07-20-2003, 03:16 PM
does this also mean we'll still have a poolside masquerade? ^^;

IkariYui
07-20-2003, 07:44 PM
The Valencia Hyatt looks posh! *cries* The idea of AM moving out of Lancaster is so sad though...I'm getting all nostalgic here. Yeah, there's not a whole lot to the AV, but still...beautiful memories;_;

Pfft, don't get me started on how disappointed I was with Anime Expo this year. I was so appalled with the prices, that my crew and I just crashed at my place. I even felt bad about wasting $40 on two day passes. I dunno, maybe it really sucked for me because we had such a great time at Fanime 10 days before^_^;
We stayed at the Hilton across the street from the Westin for Fanime. While the Westin is a great hotel, I've had problems with the way their staff treats con members. The Hilton Santa Clara was beyond all expectations. Their rooms were fantastic, and the hotel staff bent over backwards to assist us in anyway they could. They even had a great rate of $109 a night for 4 people. Too bad Fanime is moving to San Jose next year, because I'd definately stay at the Hilton over the Westin.

Anywho, really looking forward to Ani-Magic to get the bitter after-taste of AX outta my mouth=P

Mandy Mitchell
07-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Park Plaza and the Valencia Hyatt sound like really great locations!

Aya Mizu
07-21-2003, 07:20 PM
I absolutely love the Santa Clarita Hyatt and love it even more for the closer proximity to home for me ;D LOL I would be very excited to attend AM 2004 in that location.

BlueLady
07-22-2003, 03:30 AM
oh hell yes the valencia hyatt.. It's like .3 miles from my parent's house !!!! The mall is right next door to it and there is a camera shop 50 feet away. Magic mountian is also a five minute drive.

On a personal note I would love to see all my snobby rich neighbors freak out about all the costumed people around disrupting their coffee time.

The only downside I see is that if you don't their really isn't another hotel so close if it sells out. I'm trying to think but I believe the next nearest one is a good 4 miles away. Plus side, if you have to commute from it there is tons of free parking at the mall.

hello kenney
07-22-2003, 04:57 AM
santa clarita would be great- if it werent for all the damn vampires.

Lisa Honeychan
07-22-2003, 05:02 AM
Hahahaha!!!*gets the joke, and goes back reading the forum*

KimikoChan
07-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by hello kenney
santa clarita would be great- if it werent for all the damn vampires.

LOL I love that! :D Oh how I loved that movie.. lol

Anyways, the Hyatt sounds awesome :) ANd I'm sure no matter where ani-magic will be, it will be the wonderful lil con it was meant to always be ^_^

Master Zero
07-24-2003, 02:02 AM
So is it still at the AVI in Lancaster, or at a New location, and if so, where is the new Location????????

Hakaider
07-24-2003, 02:11 AM
MasterZero:

It will be at the AVI this year. (2003)

They are discussing about the possible new location for 2004.

The 2004 location hasn't been set in stone yet.

Moon Prince
07-24-2003, 03:02 AM
Vampires? I don't get it... but then again, it's vampires, so I'm not surprised. And let's not forget the Power Rangers! LOL

I used to live out in Santa Clarita (Newhall to be exact) Moved away just before all the massive construction began so I have no idea where the Hyatt is. But Santa Clarita is a nice area and I would so like to 'invade' the stuffy 'yuppie' community with anime. ^_^

AM Chair
07-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Where the teens drive to school in Jettas......

Aya Mizu
07-24-2003, 10:06 AM
More like BMWs these days ^^;

I would love it if it was at Santa Clarita next year because I'd only have to drive 20 mins LOL

BlueLady
07-24-2003, 01:29 PM
the Hyatt is across the street from the mall, close to the corner of McBean and Valencia Blvd (where valencia golfcourse is) I wonder if there would be a room deal though. I stayed there when our house was remodeled and i recall it being a little pricey. Hmm maybe I'll open the hotel de BlueLady if it 's here * laughs*

Jettas??!!...yeah the poor kids drive Jettas... Laughs..no really its not that bad. The really yuppy areas are Valencia ( where I dwell * shudder*) and Westridge.

as for filming ..they film friken everything here now. I've been an extra on a dozen different shows just by walking around here ( yay ) movie crews up the booty here as well.

Moon Prince
07-24-2003, 05:18 PM
lowered mini trucks... that's what I would see the teens driving...

Okay. I know where that is..

LOL we used to hear screaming girls in the mall. the store manager would wonder what the heck was going on. and we would shrug and tell her that it was just the green ranger again. (Jason David Frank) Melorse Place was shooting then too, so Heather Locklear would be in the mall all the time.

I don't recognize the place anymore! when I go up there.