PDA

View Full Version : Shiva FFX blue skin?!

Freya113
07-19-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm trying to take this costume one step at a time. Already I know it will cost me loads of money and lots of work. But before I delve into an expensive costume, I would like to know if there is an effective way to create her light bluish skin tone without either painting my skin with paint or standing in a freezer for a half hour. Thanks!

Ayana
07-19-2003, 03:08 PM
You could make a light-blue bodysuit and paint your face to match...that'd prolly be the best way to go about it.

Gren
07-19-2003, 03:51 PM
You can find Ben Nye brand make up in an array of colors. It's theatrical quality, so it covers well. Buuut, it may rub off on chairs and such. So it's a good idea to go with a bodysuit/makeup combo.

*Shiva*
07-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Most Shiva cosplayers opt for a body stocking, which allows them a lot of control over how the skin looks and is a lot more comfortable and less revealing than body paint. You can buy a colored bodysuit, but an even better route is to airbrush or paint the suit yourself to get exactly the right colors.
This website: http://www.katiebair.com/summoningshiva_body.html
details exactly how one cosplayer went about makign her Shiva costume, and its a great reference for any summon cosplayer.

Other good websites to check out are:
http://lindze.com/ (She has made both the FF8 and FFX Shivas)
http://aimeemajor.com/images/costumes/ (some more info on construction)
Good luck! :) I'm a huge fan of Shiva cosplayers, and hope to do her myself someday!

Freya113
07-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Oh, thank you guys so much! This has helped alot! I appreciate it! *bows*

Ayana
07-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Oh, and before I forget...

You MUST post pics of your costume ^____^ I love it when people cosplay Shiva, and I want to cosplay FFX Shiva someday.

Good luck!

TristenCitrine
07-20-2003, 01:54 PM
For my FFIX Shiva costume (pics in my gallery)I made a full bodysuit out of a Lycra that had a nice skinlike texture (Milskin I believe) as well as a hood. I used Ben Nye makeup on my face and set it with the lasting spray and powder.

Ben Nye is great because it is EASY to blend the exact shade you want right on your face. It lasted pretty well in the heat. The pictures were taken when it was about 100 degrees in Red Rock Canyon. It gets a little uncomfortable after about 6 or 7 hours, though.

Hope that helps!

XxShivaxX
07-24-2003, 02:29 PM
hee...I'm doing shiva from ffx too! ^^ I would definately go with the bodysuit idea...that's what I'm doing. which convention are you going to wear it at?

Freya113
07-27-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm going to the AnimeCentral 2004 convention (yeah, I know it's a long way away) in Rosemont, Illinois. I have plenty of time to get my costume ready (and shed those extra pounds! :) ). The only reason I'm waiting that long to go to a convention is because I can't travel all the way up to all the other ones (still haven't passed my drivers test) and my parents and I are bRoKe. Oh well! It's all good. Since I have to wait, it should be kick ass. But we'll see! :)