PDA

View Full Version : Nana 2009?

wrymon
11-30-2008, 11:37 PM
I didn't see a thread for it, so this shall be (from now on) the offical Nana - Animazement 2009 thread.
Get it? Got it? Good. :3

It would really be nice if this series got some love at AZ this year, and even nicer if we scheduled a gathering. Because, honestly, who hasn't simply fallen in love with this amazing manga series? I know I have, and as a long time fan I am FINALLY getting around to cosplaying from it.

I'm planning on premiering my Osaki, Nana cosplay on Friday 2009. I promise it's a version you (probably) have NEVER seen done before. >:3 And, if that's not enough to make you find me in a crowd then I shall be walking about with a large group consisting of: a Hachi (Komatsu, Nana), a Reira, a Takumi, and a Shinichi (Shin).

(-cough-And if I could find a Ren to take photos with I would be a very happy little girl.-cough- x3)

SO - Nana? AZ 09? Anyone?

Kyasaren
12-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I love Nana! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have any more room for more costumes :( but I would LOVE to see your group!

wrymon
12-01-2008, 12:35 AM
I know the feeling. I'm packed to my limit as far as costumes go as well for the whole 09 year; I think for one con I have like 7? costumes I'm taking along. Dx

Thank you though! I shall keep an eye out for you, and if I see you I'll be sure to say Hello. I love meeting people from the forums. :3

(And by the way - this is totally off topic - but I adore your VK cosplay.)

Kyasaren
12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow, thank you! *hugs* I love your Lavi wig (Lavi is one of my favs XD) it's amazing! You make such a cute Lavi.
If I could do Nana, it could only be for a little while. I could do a simple version of Nana Komatsu if I get these awesome boots I keep gawking at on eBay XD

wrymon
12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
You're most welcome, and thank you in return. -hug-
I adore that wig too - I had been gawking at that wig for a long time, so I just bought it on a whim. I knew I wanted to do Lavi (because I swear that boy is a male version of myself right down to his habits of annoying others for his own enjoyment), but every time I would go to make him I'd find myself booked with other cosplays. Then when my Allen decided that it was time to whip out DGM I squealed, mostly because that meant I got to use my little rusty orange wig that had been sitting atop a shelf for nearly two years. x3

If you get to do Nana that will be great, as will you getting to get your boots. :D

Kyasaren
12-01-2008, 06:12 PM
It's one of the best Lavi wigs I've seen. Last (technically this year) at AZ my friends and I wanted to do a group cosplay and we chose DGM, but everyone forgot *cough -exceptme- cough* so our group didn't fall through.
The boots are cute, but with shipping it's gonna be 80 bucks D8>
http://i18.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/0f/9d/ed6c_1.JPG
I don't know about the ridges, but it's the closest to what I'm looking for in new boots so far.
Even if I don't get to do Nana, I'll make sure to take pictures of you and your group!
Oh, a bit off topic to cosplay... I don't watch the series (I should, I'm behind in the manga) but here's a really well done Nana amv I found like a year ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjh1QsTy_zw

wrymon
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Thank you very much, that means a lot. :]

I know that is; my group and I were planning last year (2007) to do Air Gear. I was so excited ... and then everyone forgot but me. T.T

Those are cute, but 80 bucks. Ouch. Sounds a bit like a pair I'm ordering later on this month xD

I will most certainly make sure you can take all the photos you wish, and thanks for sharing that AMV. It is really well done.