PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Male Uniform- help

Fullflame333
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I need some help with what is a better choice:
Should I just buy the Jacket, they usually come with the tie, BUT most of the custom ones also come with the skirt and pants.
OR
should I buy a jacket like the ouran one, and get the accesories-Tie and patch- and just completely make it
OR
does anybody know of any patterns I could use to make the jacket?

Please help.

(Also- simple black short-haired wig- usually for cosplaying as a guy. What would you guys reccomend for it, I also have long hair, and really don't wish to cut it, so suggestions on hair confinement-I do know of those little wig hair caps- so what brand or kind to buy?)

StrawberrySiren
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
if you can find one that's just the jacket, go for it. but if not, go to the thrift store and find a nice light blue jacket and get a patch.

BUT if you have the ability to, and i hear menswear is very difficult, you can make it yourself and it'll fit nicely.

for the wig, a wig cap of any brand is fine really. you can even use the foot of some old pantyhose. you've got the right idea on the wig.

Benihime78
12-06-2008, 09:34 PM
You'll probably save some money with the last two choices. Find a jacket just like their's can be difficult, but finding a blank black tie and getting a patch is easy.
If you decide to follow through and make the jacket, I'd think of getting this pattern:
http://simplicity.com/index.cfm?all=Y&cat=1&type=1&sec=1&browTypeId=&startrow=1
I plan on getting it for when I cosplay Hunny.
As for the wig cap, just use a pair of pantyhose. It'll be easy and cheap to make, and just as easy to replace after using it until it dies. I have thick hair that goes down to my butt, so I usually do one of, if not both of the following to get it under a wig:
1) Put it in two braids, coil on top of head, slap wig cap on, pull wig into place, and bobby pin to secure. Brush if necessary.
2) Get hair wet(like just out of the shower), put it into a low ponytail or braids and then get the wig cap and wig on from there.
Also, use the thin ponytail holders. They don't create big lumps the way thicker ones will.

KamuriAkane
12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
For the jacket, check out places like the Salvation Army or Goodwill. They often have men's jackets in colors that are perfect for cosplay. I know I've gotten two "Ouran" jackets from my local goodwill store (for two different cosplayers.) It's much cheeper (I don't think I paid much more than $10 for both) and easier than trying to make one or buying it from a cosplay supplier.

Dealers at con usually sell the patch if you can't find it online before hand.

Scruffy from cosworx is a very versitile, short wig depending on who you are trying for. Also, professionalonly on ebay has quality stuff and have always been good to me.