PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade!

AgentSakur9
07-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Okay, it was bound to happen. Someone was going to start a thread about the Masquerade Ball. I KNOW IT, DON'T deny it! Anyway, What did you all think? Who were your favorites? Lets not be shy!

Yuna
07-20-2003, 03:51 AM
THe One Ring Circus!! Yay!!! They won Best In Show!! SOOOOOOOOOO kick arse *o*

ChibiMoFo
07-20-2003, 04:07 AM
One ring circus was great, so was the Eva, mojo-jojo, xmen, and spirited away (same as AX) There was alot more hecklers than AX though >_>

You didn't stay up there long, Yuna :P I was like, I should record this, oh shes done o_o

Lisa Honeychan
07-20-2003, 04:11 AM
Hey Nessa, care to give us a run-down of who/what costumes were there this year? Did Blair enter his Zaku from AX, and did he win anything for it???

How were the skits, anything really good???

Crazy Bunta
07-20-2003, 04:31 AM
The MS Gundam, Lord of the Rings and the Mojo robot one were so impressive. Definately never seen a monkey walk off stage in a giant robot before!!!

This was the first year I sat in the press area and it was definately a great experience. Wish the after party was bigger. So used to the after parties with free food and drinks as well as taking up the entire top floor.

..and oh yeah. Robert Englund was a great host. Whenever someone came out there and the audience was turning bad, he wuld turn their attention away by commenting about a costumer in a really positive way, (very un-Freddy like).

Taru-chan
07-20-2003, 10:22 AM
This year's CC masq. was the best I've seen/been involved in...ever! Wee! The MC kept the show flowing very well and all the acts were great. My favorite though...was One Ring Circus! W007! Yeah...they soooooo deserved what they got. ^_^

~KT~

Daitenshi
07-20-2003, 06:36 PM
ORC won???? YAY!!!!
How awsome! Congrats to everyone for rocking so hard XD

Who taped it? I wanna seeee ;o;

Kusanagi
07-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Mojo Robo
Eva
Lord of the Rings
Halo

Those were my favorites ^_^

Sana-chan
07-20-2003, 07:58 PM
The masquerade was so well organized!!! And it was fun being in it ^_^. yay for last minute x-men shtuff.

Genki_Usagi
07-20-2003, 10:03 PM
LOL, yaaay!!!! we had soooo much fun being the x-men folks. I hope to keep in contact with everyone in that group. but I prolly won't

aimee
07-20-2003, 10:09 PM
I just got back and am at work, and the rest of the One Ring Circus is still at the con, so I'm sure they'll beam later, but I'm still totally blown away that we won _anything_. seriously! I can't believe we won Best in Show! DUDE!
you know what though...?

the very very coolest thing was Richard Taylor from Weta saying we made him practically cry with laughter and him shaking all our hands and saying he wished he could take us to New Zealand with him. *geek-girl squeal* You should have seen us all freaking out!! UBer-fangirls. I love weta!!! AGGGGGGGH they're making Neon Genesis, I can't wait!!!

Yeay!! for semi-old school xmen! that's the way they SHOULD look! :D

I really liked seeing nessa's beady goodness in person ^_^

I was really intrigued by the mass production unit eva, which was reminescent (sp?) of a Bunraku puppet, which I love! Plus I love eva anyway... looked really really really neat!

the MS Gundam of course was great... (I wonder how that poor guy stood the heat though! O_o!! surprisingly he was more "mobile" than a lot of other similarly sized gundam type costumes, which was impressive!)

I was most impressed by the Elven Warrior and Moria Orc group. WOW. Their armor was so pretty up close. XD~ I wish I had the equipment to make stuff like that, but I be poor. They were really badass.

Also it was way cool to see the Spirited Away group (which I was totally amazed by at AX) to actually see them getting INTO costume and seeing parts of the insides of them. WOW.

MojoJojo was the cutest thing ever, I wish I could have seen his skit.

The Jedi Knight Luminara rocked me. she had really great tooled leather parts of her costume, and it just looked really great. One of my favorite female Jedi anyway, so...

The "mixed signals" Amidala was a RIOT! (plus lovely costume anyway)

I'm sure there were lots more. I be tired though.

Dark Vision
07-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Masquerade was great. It saved my convention!!! I loved one ring circus. the costumes people had were great.

Go X-Men, with 5 cosplay.com people representing. Me was Beast. *roar*

Suzushichan
07-20-2003, 10:56 PM
I think that we did "okay" . (We were Dominique and vash)
And Tidus was sooooo sexay!!!

AgentSakur9
07-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sana-chan
The masquerade was so well organized!!! And it was fun being in it ^_^. yay for last minute x-men shtuff.

hmmmm

Here's a very small teaser.... LOL....

http://www.agentsakur9.com/ComicCon/2003/Jubilation.jpg

(one of my fave cosplayers as one of my favorite characters of all time)

Rogue Marvel
07-20-2003, 11:55 PM
I missed most of it so I didn't get to see the One Ring Circus

I heard the script is online some where. Can someone give me a link?

Pyro
07-20-2003, 11:59 PM
Hi all!
I just got back from 4 fantastic days at the Con .. loved every second of it!

I'll skip the introduction for now, suffice to say I'm quite a fan of you cosplayers ... and your nefarious plots to take over the universe :) lol

I took lots of pictures, and once I figure out how, I'd be happy to share them with all of you (hey some might be of YOU!) lol

I am planning to join your ranks as a cosplayer for the very first time soon ... my first costume will be Sesshoumaru of Inuyasha, which might prove to be quite a challenge for a noobie! :)

Well I just wanted to say hello ... and thanks all you Cosplayers out there for making Comicon such a great looking place! :)

Pyro

Sana-chan
07-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by AgentSakur9
hmmmm

Here's a very small teaser.... LOL....

(one of my fave cosplayers as one of my favorite characters of all time)

AHHHH lol it's me!! in technicolor *o* gah that masquerade was so much fun. thanks a lot for posting that pic XD! and congratulations to all the other winners! I was so shocked we won Judge's Choice lol specially for such last minuteness lol.

Rogue Marvel
07-21-2003, 12:02 AM
YAY for cosplayers! And the newbies!
^_^

edit: sana that was you? I knew it!

tydawgsd
07-21-2003, 02:05 AM
One Ring Circus
Eva
Mojo Jojo
X-Men
Luminaria (sp?)

Those were my favorites.

Sexy Tidus gets at honorable mention, he had the Zoolander poses down so well it cracked me up.

aimee
07-21-2003, 02:20 AM
Oh, yeah!! Sexy Tidus was SO funny! :D

ONE RING CIRCUS WEBSITE (and script, etc..):
http://oneringcircus.stitchinbabes.com/orcindex.html

Jinx
07-21-2003, 02:36 AM
I loved a lot of it, and since there's so much praise.. I'll throw in some bad stuff I guess... o.o;;

Was anyone else kinda disguised by the half dressed prepubescent (or at least looked it) fairy girl dancing haphazardly across the stage? I could have sworn I waited in line for two hours to see some great costumes... luckily, they came _after_ that one. @.@;;

I was so envious of all you guys that participated... I wanna do it too... ;_; I left thoug, during intermission, because I had so much packing to do. ^-^;;

Aya Mizu
07-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Hi hi! ^^ I was the Galadriel with One Ring Circus! Thanks to everyone for the compliments and really wonderful comments! We're really thrilled and we owe it to our great leaders, Merry, Gimli, and Legolas :D

My favorites was the "Mixed Signals Padme", Mojo Jojo, Sexy Tidus (Go Benma!), X-Men, and the Battle Elves & Orcs Group. ^^ I really enjoyed watching the masquerade (well, when we were in the Green Room), and the MC, Robert Englund, was fabulous. I think he did an excellent job and I hope he does it again :D

Crazy Bunta
07-21-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by aimee
I just got back and am at work, and the rest of the One Ring Circus is still at the con, so I'm sure they'll beam later, but I'm still totally blown away that we won _anything_. seriously! I can't believe we won Best in Show! DUDE!
you know what though...?

the very very coolest thing was Richard Taylor from Weta saying we made him practically cry with laughter and him shaking all our hands and saying he wished he could take us to New Zealand with him. *geek-girl squeal* You should have seen us all freaking out!! UBer-fangirls. I love weta!!! AGGGGGGGH they're making Neon Genesis, I can't wait!!!

Yeay!! for semi-old school xmen! that's the way they SHOULD look! :D

I really liked seeing nessa's beady goodness in person ^_^

I was really intrigued by the mass production unit eva, which was reminescent (sp?) of a Bunraku puppet, which I love! Plus I love eva anyway... looked really really really neat!

the MS Gundam of course was great... (I wonder how that poor guy stood the heat though! O_o!! surprisingly he was more "mobile" than a lot of other similarly sized gundam type costumes, which was impressive!)

I was most impressed by the Elven Warrior and Moria Orc group. WOW. Their armor was so pretty up close. XD~ I wish I had the equipment to make stuff like that, but I be poor. They were really badass.

Also it was way cool to see the Spirited Away group (which I was totally amazed by at AX) to actually see them getting INTO costume and seeing parts of the insides of them. WOW.

MojoJojo was the cutest thing ever, I wish I could have seen his skit.

The Jedi Knight Luminara rocked me. she had really great tooled leather parts of her costume, and it just looked really great. One of my favorite female Jedi anyway, so...

The "mixed signals" Amidala was a RIOT! (plus lovely costume anyway)

I'm sure there were lots more. I be tired though.

Cool. I loved the show yo put on. I tried to talk to everyone during the press session, but no talking was allowed, so I caught the majority of the cast on Sunday. Got some cool footage and made sure to say hello to A.J., (who I talked to previously at AX in her Bloodrayne and WISH costumes).

The Gundam guy wore his suit most of Sunday in the dealer's room!!!! ...and you thought he might have been hot at the masquerade Dang. What a trooper. He told me he collected plastic for over a year to make the suit! For all of that I give him mad props.

sbjudy
07-21-2003, 10:07 AM
EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! The masquerade was so much fun and all the costumes were absolutely fabulous!! I was Gimli with One Ring Circus and I'm still in shock! AAaaaaahhh!!!!

Love and Kisses,

Judy
http://www.stitchinbabes.com
http://www.stitchinbabes.com/orcindex.html One Ring Circus... Lord of the Rings Costuming gone "slightly mental."

Daitenshi
07-21-2003, 10:10 AM
You're going to get kidnapped by Weta in the middle of the night and you know it!! XD *worships your Gimli*

Rey-Rey
07-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Wow. Freddy Krueger MCed? Awesome. =D

pookipie13
07-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Congratulations One Ring Circus!

I'm a big fan of your website btw, I actually squealed and hit my Con-mate when I heard you guys introduced at the Masquerade! Although I was too intimidated to introduce myself to you guys. You may have seen me wandering about you guys at misc. times on Sunday, clutching my disposable camera: Black shirt, long brown hair, Haunted Mansion bag stuffed with loot. But it was worth it! All the costumes looked amazing in person! Judy's resemblance to Gimli was absolutely startling. ;)

-Deirdre

Velvy
07-21-2003, 03:14 PM
I missed most of it =(

But I saw One Ring Circus at least ^_^ and that was just awesome (it sucked leaving though, cause our seats were in the way-way front).

BlueLady
07-21-2003, 05:28 PM
I was working backstage and got to see everyone up close. Everyone did a great job on their costumes and I was so impressed. Everyone was in such good spirits too, even after being blinded and harassed by the photographers circus, One ring circus was great, mojo jojo was very impressive along with the fact that the guy in the 8 foot gundam could actually walk. The lady in the supergirl costume ( with the huge stained glass wings ) just had a baby 4 months ago, can you believe it?

Mandy Mitchell
07-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the Comic Con 2003 Masquerade on tape? I would love to see it. I won't mind paying for shipping.

A J
07-21-2003, 07:28 PM
The masquerade was fun! I'm glad people liked our performance (One Ring Circus)! I was a little worried cause no one seemed to get it when we first started the skit. Whew! =)

My favorites were Mojo Jojo (he was sooo cute!), X-Men (damn those costumes were good), and of course the LOTR Battle Elves (I WANT that armor!).

I need sleep...
- AJ

BlueLady
07-21-2003, 07:44 PM
yeah that armor rocked..all cast fiberglass and finished so nicely. I forgot to mention them and the spirited away group.

Wolfgirl
07-21-2003, 09:21 PM
One ring circus rocked!!!!

Yuna
07-22-2003, 12:26 AM
I nearly cried over the One Ring Circus myself, mwahaha, sure beat my 10 seconds on stage.

RyogaVee
07-22-2003, 12:36 AM
oh... BTW, Vash...
I will compeat next year. Just thought you would like to know.

KelBebop
07-22-2003, 04:09 AM
Wow, you guys! Thanks for all the nice compliments about One Ring Circus! This is so much fun for us, and we're all really jazzed to hear that people enjoyed our performance! :D

I thought the Mojo Jojo and Robo Jojo skit was the cutest thing I have ever seen! The X-Men group was fantastic as well, and of course, the Armored Elven Soldier group from LOTR. Tammy and her group did an amazing job on that armor! Oh, and I loved the Jedi Knight Luminara Unduli! Her costume was gorgeous!

SDCC masquerade was fun. Stressful, but fun! :)

All good things,
Kel

Ashe
07-22-2003, 07:08 AM
I just wanna add my CONGRATS! to One Ring Circus. I didn't get to see the masq, but I know your costumes were maginificent, so you certainly deserved it.

Freya
07-22-2003, 02:43 PM
I was the other Frodo helpin out backstage for the X-Men group by taking pics and helpin with costumes. I was glad to be backstage cuz I got to see some of the great costumes and meet the great people behind them too.

Fave performances:
One Ring Circus
X-Men
Spirited Away
Slopes of Mt. Doom Elves ^__^
Eva production unit

Everyone else did such a good job and everyone is a winner in my eyes!

Wish to make a few shout outs to KelBebop, the Legolas in her group, Yuna, Bri, and Taru-chan. I know there was more so pm me if I was being stupid or forgot. -_-;

AgentSakur9
07-22-2003, 03:06 PM
No one mentioned *ahem* Super Nerd. Heck, I think it's genius what he did with them AOL CD's ha ha haha

RyogaVee
07-22-2003, 05:34 PM
I think it's genius what he did with them AOL CD's ha ha haha

very true.
but what about Eric's Madula?

A J
07-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by RyogaVee
very true.
but what about Eric's Madula?

Oh wow I totally fogot about Mad-oo-lah! It was so awesome and cute! I want one!

Ok, my cats would go into hiding for the rest of the year but it was so damn cute!

BTW, here's a list of the winners:
http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIMasq.html

Okitasan
07-22-2003, 07:58 PM
I loved the slopes of mount doom one.. i just wish they had sauron come in. that would have completed it and (probably) have made the croud go crazy lol

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Himurakenshin23
I loved the slopes of mount doom one.. i just wish they had sauron come in. that would have completed it and (probably) have made the croud go crazy lol

That's it!!! I coulnd't put my finger on why I disliked that so much. You hit the nail on the head. They led to this big finale where you thought Sauron was gonna pop out and then they go running off stage. :( Everyone was so let down after that.

FlameSniperRei
07-22-2003, 08:27 PM
I missed the masquerade but I heard very good things about it and congradulations to all the winners especially One Ring Circus (you all look fantastic from the pictures I've seen) and the X-men Group which I heard was very kewl. I also did get to see the elves in the Helm's Deep Armor on Sunday......OMG I nearly died from their awesomeness. I am just AMAZED at the armor its just WOW. *o*

Daitenshi
07-22-2003, 09:52 PM
If's Blair's gundam got runner up, then I *have* to see that Eva unit!! *_*

aimee
07-22-2003, 09:58 PM
THe eva was REALLY unusual. It was the exact proportions/style of a mass production unit...

it was attached via poles and gizmos to two guys in black suits in a daisy chain. The front guy was actually harnessed somewhat to the Eva, and controlled the arms and legs of the unit. Very much like a puppet (Bunraku, actually!) He wasn't actually "in" it at all. The one in the back controlled the eva's head/mouth mechanism. ^_^

coyse hoana
07-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Who watched it from the partay and saw the the two guys fight?

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
If's Blair's gundam got runner up, then I *have* to see that Eva unit!! *_*

I thought Blair's Gundam was so much better than the EVA one. Probably cause the Gundam was so solid and he was locked up inside as well as the fact that the EVA guys didn't bother to cover their faces and hands. Like Kuroko, you should be head to toe in black to appear invisible.

aimee
07-23-2003, 12:21 AM
^_^ I'm not saying either were better, I was just saying the Eva was cool. I wouldn't want to be those judges

AgentSakur9
07-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Hey everyone, I know I am severly lagging on getting them pictures up from SDCC. We have a ton of pictures to go through and we're planning our big launch. Currently there is way too much stuff to just have a link off of our splash page. So bear with us as we try to get a decent layout done. ~_~;;

Check out the next teaser...

http://www.agentsakur9.com/ComicCon/2003/Rydia.jpg

in case you missed the last one...

enjoy... I'll add these to my gallery here as well.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-23-2003, 01:46 AM
I can't wait to see all the pictures..I missed the masquerade this year..

hichan
07-23-2003, 02:17 AM
Fave SkKit - ORC!!!!

Fave Duo -- MOJO JOJO!!! and ROBO JOJO!!!

grrr so many faves *_*

but those were my top two =D

Yuna
07-23-2003, 02:42 AM
Robo Jojo RULED! I like, screamed "It's Mojo Jojo!" back stage when I saw it, XD~~~

ZiggyB
07-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Here's a couple of pictures that I got of the EVA Mass Producton Unit

Full body shot (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=61935)
EVA with it's two creators (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=61936)

I have to say, that was very cool. The pictures don't do it justice, you have to see this baby MOVE.

RyogaVee
07-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Yuna
Robo Jojo RULED! I like, screamed "It's Mojo Jojo!" back stage when I saw it, XD~~~

that you did lady Yuna... that you did

hichan
07-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Yuna

LOL yeah! XD i would too! when i saw him behind the um... stair thingie on stage i was like... "O_O dat'z mojo jojo!" definetly the most evil bad-ass villain ever!

Crazy Bunta
07-24-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by aimee
^_^ I'm not saying either were better, I was just saying the Eva was cool. I wouldn't want to be those judges

You're right they were both great. They were different kind's of costumes entirely. Let's just say I feel for poor Blair being locked inside all that plastic while those hot lights beamed down on him, then on Saturday walking the showroom halls for 2 hours. Yipes!!!

KelBebop
08-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Dwarves can code -- who knew? :D Thanks to sbjudy's (Gimli) mad coding skills, the One Ring Circus performance from Comic-Con is now available at the ORC website!

Check it out! (http://www.stitchinbabes.com/orcindex.html)

All good things,
Kel