PDA

View Full Version : Head's too big!

Iori E
07-20-2003, 04:13 AM
My temple circumference seems to be a little over 23 inches, which I believe exceeds the maximum stretch of most wigs.

Being short-haired helps a lot. (A year ago, the wig cap I wore kept slipping off because of my long, thick hair.) But I'm tired of my wig slowly coming off and my real hair poking out.

Is there something I could do? I heard there's a way to stretch the wig even more than it could normally, but I don't know how it works...

megumibish
07-20-2003, 10:51 AM
using hair pins to possibly hold them in place works real good i've hear. especially for extremely heavy wigs. you'll need the ones with the "V" shape not bobby pins. you'll need to put them at the sides of your wig and in areas hidden by bangs and such. i really can't say much for stretching a wig thou'

chesh
07-20-2003, 11:44 AM
I have a really big head, too, and the solution that usually works for me is putting wig-pins in at the temples, at the base of the skull, and up into the little side-burn tabs. They're really big U-shaped pins, like megumibish is talking about, and they're good for the initial anchoring of the wig. Then, if it's being really stubborn, I sometimes have to put a bunch of hair-pins (the U-shaped ones) in for extra holding power.
If it's still an issue, you can try finding some cheap hair mascara in the same color as the wig and color your hairline with that before putting the wig on, mayhaps.
Good luck.

Koumori
07-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Have you been using a wig cap and hairpins (the U-shaped kind, not bobby pins)? I really need both in order to keep things under control. If you use enough pins, they will stop the wig from sliding around your head no matter what size it is.