View Full Version : Looking for formal/fancy cosplay suggestions
12-05-2008, 02:11 AM
I wasn't really sure where to put this, so if it's in the wrong category, please let me know.
I'm looking for cosplay suggestions for characters that wear formal/fancy dresses, preferably floor length. Suggestions for anything from Yuko of xxxHolic's Dimensional Witch dress to Chii of Chobit's dresses are welcome. Also, this isn't a requirement, but if the character has fun colored hair, that would be great. If you could include a pictures with your suggestions it would be much appreciated.
12-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Sailor Scouts in princess dresses. ;D There's plenty of funky hair to choose from there.
12-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Moon Phase (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/steveyk/moonphase.jpg)
Mermaid Melody (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/Ember15/Mermaid%20Melody/Mermaid_Melody.jpg)
Saya Otonashi (http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm378/StarEllaLuElla/Blood-Plus.jpg) (with long hair (http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg83/sakuradesuu/blood/Dibujo3-3.jpg)) Or her sister Diva (http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/Animeluvr56/4f3d3fe8cf6731a74237f2b23c7ebd79.png) http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/sandpuppet/blood%20plus/a93d669ce92210_full.jpg
Yukari (paradise kiss) (http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/naikokato/Paradise%20Kiss/largeAnimePaperscans_Paradise-Ki-9.jpg)
Lenalee from Dgrayman (http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f9/5f/8e15_1.JPG)
Lycus Clyne (http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/YuukiGoh/Lacus_Clyne_002.jpg) & Cagali (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/Cleacn/Costume%20Pic/CagaliWeddingDress2.jpg)from Gundam
Ciel (http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m228/athem2310/ciel.jpg) from Kuroshitsuji crossdressing
Yuna (http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/angelmark2k7/yuna.jpg) from FFX
Zhen Ji (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/manahara/Zhen-Ji_6.png) from Dynasty warriors 6
Da Chan (http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/screenshots/mo/gallery/other/001.jpg) from Dynasty warriors
C2 (http://www.cocosilverhk.com/img/ebay/GAS23/y.jpg) from Code Geass (green hair, beside her is Euphimeia)
Shinku (http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/spiral_ta/Rozen%20Maiden/Shinku.jpg) and Suiseiseki (http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk180/Awesomeguy17/Suiseiseki/Desu1.jpg) from Rozen Maiden
Lydia (http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/MaidenNia/earlandfairy.jpg) from Earl and Fairy, one of her many dresses
Ah my goddess
Ada wong (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff129/LeonsBuddyDave/Ada_Wong.jpg)from Resident Evil
Anyone from Trinity Blood (http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/Aiko_Ichigoberry/Trinity_Blood.jpg)
Romeo x Juliet (http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/gothicchic123321/illust05.jpg)
Girl Cloud (http://www.limebarb.com/commissions/costumes/game/game-cloud-girl/char1.jpg)
Hope it helps.
12-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Some of the dresses from Rozen Maiden might work?
That list above me covered a lot of mine too.
12-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Don't be limited! Just shove a random character into a pretty dress! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1745532/
12-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Also seconding the "random character" suggestion -- we did a formal FMA group cosplay (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/75587/) with Riza Hawkeye, Ed Elric and Roy Mustang, as well as a formal Witch Hunter Robin cosplay. CloakedSchemer has a lovely Harley Quinn (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1767740/) (Batman) ballgown. You can come up with a formal variation for nearly any character. (And nearly every shoujo character ends up in a formal gown at SOME point, too, so there are a wide variety of "canon" costumes from which to choose...) ^_^
Other formal costumes: (I'll try to remember to edit post with more/better image links when I get a faster connection, since mine is slooooooow right now)
- Black Lady (http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/lunar/131/blackmoon.htm), Sailormoon (along with every other female character -- there are probably fifteen formal dress designs for each of the senshi)
- Faye Valentine (http://www.faye.ru/images/dress.jpg), Cowboy Bebop (has several dress designs, mostly artbook)
- Haydee (opera dress), Eugenie (concert dress), Mercedes, Valentine, or any other female character from Gankutsuou (http://www.gankutsuou.com/world/character.html)
- Relena from Gundam W (dance dress (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Karenjade/Karens%20Animation%20Site/HeroandRelena.jpg), party dress (http://maxpages.com/gundamwing2001/Relena), queen gown (http://yourresource.50megs.com/crelena.html), artbook (http://silverflame757.150m.com/relenaprofile.jpg))
- Utena and Anthy, Revolutionary Girl Utena (series (http://www.kisekinohana.net/cosplay/reference/Utena/shoujo_kakumei_utena6_800.jpg) or movie (http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/Utena/Anthy-utena/utena_anthy-utena017.jpg) designs)
- all the girls (except Emma) in Victorian Romance Emma
- Fine and Rein (Prominence dresses (http://static3.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/scans/Fushigi-Boshi-No-Futago-Hime/%5Bsmall%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Fushigi-Boshi-No-Futago-Hime_gpx0079(0.99)__THISRES__137837.jpg) or Gyu (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/fit200x200/encyc/A6216-39.jpg)), Fushigiboshi no Futagohime
- Yuki (dance dress), Vampire Knight
- most of the cast of Ouran Koukou Host Club end up in ballgowns...
12-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Sakura (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle) has A LOT of formal, fancy outfits, really too many to link here. There are some really big artbook scans HERE (http://gallery.clampia.org/?trc), but there are more outfits than just the ones pictured there. Also, most of women in Kuroshitsuji wear formal Victorian-style things, especially Madame Red and Elizabeth.
12-11-2008, 08:10 AM
If you're into historical costumes, how about Lia (http://www.manga-news.com/public/images/series/chevalier_eon_01.jpg), or Madame de Pompadour (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jetspectacular/chev/pomp.jpg)from Chevalier d'Eon?
12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I have tried three times to edit my previous post, and it will NOT let me save it! I don't know what's going on. :P Well, most of those characters are popular enough that you can find images for them.
Here are some Kuroshitsuji references:
- Ciel (undercover as a girl): one (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/ycysusan/9a6b7280ac5fcbc59123d9f4.jpg), two (http://img44.onemanga.com/mangas/00001091/000085372/06.jpg)
- Elizabeth (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/ycysusan/b133227a5b5f06ff2f73b34d.jpg)
- Madam Red (http://img44.onemanga.com/mangas/00001091/000083962/06.jpg), alternate one (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/ycysusan/724b91503cbb927484352467.jpg), alternate two
12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Rei Ayanami (http://www.animepunch.com/images/20000024613.jpg) - Gothic Lolita variant - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Chrome Dokuro (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/musthaveKH2/Katekyo hitman reborn/012.png
) - Formal Mafia variant - Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Princess Garnet (http://www.fuunsaiki.com/cosplayguide/garnet.png
) - Wedding Dress - FF9
Summoner Yuna (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/7/7e/YunaSeymour-Marriage.JPG/180px-YunaSeymour-Marriage.JPG) - Wedding dress - FFX
Rinoa (http://www.cosplayangel.com/images/costumes-rinoa-picture2.jpg) - Dance dress - FF8
Most of Rozen Maiden girls (http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm310/Kanaria101/Rozen_Maiden_Wallpaper_by_Yuna0306.jpg)
12-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Marie Antonionette, from Rose of Versailles. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/2284377572_da2285064d.jpg?v=0
12-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Marie Antonionette, from Rose of Versailles.
02-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Yukki cross from vampire knight.