PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows to match your wig?

Chosuke
07-20-2003, 03:04 PM
I've seen many different ways to do this.. but haven't been able to find any tutorials or explanations in forums.
I have dark brown hair,the wig I will be wearing is almost orange..more a strawberry blonde I would guess. It is a male character,so I tried just darkenening them like I usually do.
Unfortunately that looked horrible.

I want this to look as 'realistic' as possible without having to bleach my precious brows. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Gren
07-20-2003, 03:33 PM
https://www.tgcosmetics.com/makeover/makeoverBrow.htm

I need to try this out with the little container of Mortician's wax I have...

chesh
07-20-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they still make hair mascara, though tracking it down may be a bit of a trick. Call your local Sally Beauty Supply, if you have one; I think they'd be the best bet. Otherwise. . .

That wax idea sounds very effective, if a bit annoying to master.

Chosuke
07-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks! i'm going to look into both!

Koumori
07-20-2003, 06:21 PM
They definitely do make colored mascara. I know Amphigory sells some at www.amphigory.com

coeli
07-20-2003, 11:59 PM
The eyebrow covering technique works, but be prepared to spend some time practicing at home. I still haven't gotten it down, but I will!

Next time I play a blond, I may try just adding matching greasepaint or (somebody suggested) eyeshadow to my brows. I am *so* not a blond. Lighter brows might help, but still...

--Coeli

carly579
07-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Ug this has been my life's quest the past couple of monthes. I have black eyebrows and still haven't found anything that works here's a list of things NOT TO TRY!!

Mascara
foundation
eyeshadow
hair highliter (like in a tube)
greese paint (face stuff)
fake skin (for making scars)

right now I'm trying to "make" eyebrows from left over yacky hair and tulle ^_^;

Karisu-sama
07-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Karisu is SO not a blond, too. ^^ I have very dark hair, and black eyebrows. What I use:

For more "natural" colors (auburn, blond): "Cover Grey" sticks from my local drugstore - look like lipstick, meant to cover grey streaks in hair, come in 4 diff colors: black, dark brown, light brown (looks like auburn), blond.

For other colors: Ben Nye creams - I use white as a base and then grey over it for Dilandau (with sometimes a touch of purple eye pencil in there too. )

Blond "Cover Grey" gives my eyebrows a rather light brown impression, which works great with blond wigs. Remember that for an optimal look, eyebrows should be a bit darker than the hair, otherwise you look washed out. (And eyelashes should be same, or even darker - all the way to black. ) *happy she doesn't need mascara on black eyelashes ^^*

Chosuke
07-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Woo!

Well I sort of experimented with a light brown brow pencil and got them a bit less 'Fuma' looking. But I think i'm going to trya few of the things listed here first.. I don't want to have eyebrows of doom and destruction.

karisu: Would it be better to try and have 'lighter' lashes for a male,or keep darker?

Scortia
07-21-2003, 09:10 PM
I have a super easy solution... Acrylic water-based paint. I had a white haired character and thought to myself... "What do I own that can change the color of my eyebrows?" I brushed some on and walla, it stays and looks natural. And the really good part, is that if you're an artist and already own acrylics, you don't have anything new to buy and can mix your exact shade. ^.^

Sala
07-21-2003, 09:15 PM
yeah...that is a solution. Just make sure that if you paint or dye your eyebrows that you don't get any in your eye. Nobody wants to end up in the emergency room with partial blindness because of a cosplay costume...
For the people out there with dark eyebrows, what works best for achieving a "blonde" look? Karisu said something about cover-up for grey hairs. What is the brand name?

Karisu-sama
07-22-2003, 01:27 AM
The brand name really IS "Cover Gray" (Gray with an A), the packaging also says "Irene Gari(tm) cosmetic solutions" and the distributor is Fiske Industries. I buy it at Long's Drugstores.

Chobrat: leave 'em darker. I think darker lashes are considered to "look" better in general, whether one is male or female. (The only difference is that guys with lighter lashes don't tend to use mascara to adjust this! ) Mascara is usually designed to thicken as well as color - too much, and it will look like you ARE wearing something on your lashes = not so good for crossplaying a guy. (Not that some guys don't have gorgeous long thick lashes, though! ~___^ )

Who am I to talk - Dilandau wears eyeliner; it's obvious in the show. So I wear it. (But not mascara! :p )

I'm an artist, I own plenty of acrylics, I am NOT using paint on my eyebrows, thank you. Besides the fact that it's made to dry and remain instead of be washed off easily, there are many chemicals in acrylic paints that are NOT good for you.

Chosuke
07-22-2003, 01:29 AM
Okay.. thats what I thought too.
I never use Mascara as it iritates my eyes, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to specially use it.

Karisu-sama
07-22-2003, 01:42 AM
Here's a pic of my daughter crossplaying as a blond with Cover Gray on her nice thick BLACK eyebrows (and leaving her own black eyelashes alone):

Chosuke
07-22-2003, 01:48 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!
She looks SO cute. And her eyebrows look fine!

This is the wig I am working with,and that's the best AI've gotten my brows so far.
They look okay to me,but what do you think?

Karisu-sama
07-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Looks pretty good in that pic! ^^ "Li'l boy, BIIIG attitude..." :p

The wig & eyebrows look quite natural there, I think. You don't look like you have dark hair to begin with - one wouldn't guess from that picture.

Chosuke
07-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Really? yay! ^o^
I was hoping I wouldn't need to streak them with mascara and all that gunk.. my face does not take kindly to new makeup.
At all.

Little boy.BIIIIIG rash.

Mythril
07-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Karisu? You saved my day. CoverGray worked perfectly to lighten my brown brows for my Integral wig ^_^ *hugs* thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Firegirl
07-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Hmm, sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if I can find those anywhere by me. How would I go about giving myself hot pink eyebrows?

Something Lulu
07-29-2003, 05:18 PM
That Cover Gray stuff sounds great. I'll have to look for that. ^_^ (It sure beats smearing foundation on my eyebrows.)

For unusual colors...I've never done this myself, but I painted TyJILDown's eyebrows purple for her Sivil costume, along with the hair that showed at the ears under her wig, and we used some kind of liquid face paint that came in a little pot with a brush attached to the lid. It resembled a nail polish bottle, but fatter. I know they sell it at costume shops, but I don't remember the exact brand. I'll try to find out, but it worked really well and stayed on all day. It also comes in lots of colors.

HowilnMadMurphy
07-29-2003, 11:18 PM
I personally think dark brown to black thin, nicely groomed eyebrows match anything except blonde. Which is of course, the instance that the author of this thread is bringing up...

L to the 3rd
07-29-2003, 11:59 PM
It's hard to say whether it's a good idea or not to dye eyebrows into funky colors like white or bright orange. but I read about how they kept orlando blooms' (legolas) eyebrows dark brown because it wouldn't have worked out with blonde.

Usually I dont' think i'ts a good idea to totally dye eyebrows into funky anime colors. But using natural colors with the hair mascara to lighten / darken is probably the best solution.

Moogle Hiromi
07-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Chobrat: I think that looks great!

I wonder.... I have blonde eyebrows, [you can't see them sometimes - so embarrassing!] but what would people reccommend doing to them for a pink wig? i.e. Misha from Pita Ten. I was thinking some blush bushed over my brows, to add a pink tinge. One week till I am on my way to Melbourne to go to MANIFEST, so I guess I will need to make up my mind soon! XD

Rosiel
07-30-2003, 11:44 AM
> but I read about how they kept orlando blooms' (legolas) eyebrows dark brown because it wouldn't have worked out with blonde.

But his eyebrows look really bad with his Legolas hair... ><;;; most of the elves in LoTR look like victims of a bad bleach job, actually.

Being born with a big difference in my eyebrow and hair color, and having tried many shades, bleaching eyebrows to about 2 shades darker than the hair tends to be the optimal, and most natural-looking result.

My advice is...

> I personally think dark brown to black thin, nicely groomed eyebrows match anything except blonde.

^__^ I love it when someone already articulated my opinion perfectly. I especially hate white eyebrows, they tend to make people look either 1) eyebrowless or 2) like Santa Claus.

> I have blonde eyebrows, [you can't see them sometimes - so embarrassing!] but what would people reccommend doing to them for a pink wig?

From experience, blond eyebrows do not go with colourful wigs, and using eyeliner to make them black looks a lot better.

L to the 3rd
07-31-2003, 05:39 PM
eh!? I think Orlando's eyebrows go
fine w/ his blonde wig :o. Oh.. Saruman (Christopher lee) kept his eyebrows dark as well even though he had a white wig.

Most anime characters have black eyebrows anyway, despite their rainbow-colored hair. *points to Moogle Hiromi's avatar*

TyJILDown
07-31-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
For unusual colors...I've never done this myself, but I painted TyJILDown's eyebrows purple for her Sivil costume, along with the hair that showed at the ears under her wig, and we used some kind of liquid face paint that came in a little pot with a brush attached to the lid. It resembled a nail polish bottle, but fatter. I know they sell it at costume shops, but I don't remember the exact brand. I'll try to find out, but it worked really well and stayed on all day. It also comes in lots of colors.

As she pointed out, at Anime Boston I used Ben Nye's Magi Color so my hair that hung a little out of my wig and my eyebrows were purple...the stuff was great. Worked better than the colored mascara and I have brown hair! The costume in my avatar was the one I used it for ^^

Karisu-sama
08-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
But his eyebrows look really bad with his Legolas hair... ><;;; most of the elves in LoTR look like victims of a bad bleach job, actually.

I so totally agree. Legolas' eyebrows look.... jarring to me.

Being born with a big difference in my eyebrow and hair color, and having tried many shades, bleaching eyebrows to about 2 shades darker than the hair tends to be the optimal, and most natural-looking result.
Yeah, about 2 shades darker just looks the best.

> I have blonde eyebrows, [you can't see them sometimes - so embarrassing!] but what would people reccommend doing to them for a pink wig?
I've found that for "non-natural" colors, my natural black eyebrows look better than any color application. Sometimes just a sheen of the color over the black...

With white wigs, the black can often just look TOO strange though (And Dilandau's eyebrows are NOT drawn black!), so I usually attempt to go for a not-too-light grey-ish look, sometimes with a bit of purpley tint... (Dang, they don't make "Cover Gray" in gray, LOL... so I use Ben Nye & whatever I can find in my drugstore...)

Rinslet~
08-04-2003, 11:18 PM
when i dress as Lime from Saber Marionette J, my eyebrows made me look so bad >.< blue hair and brown eyebrows just donīt match, i tryed with blue dying spray but itīs very toxic @_@

Pendrell
08-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Good heavens! Please don't put relatively toxic substances anywhere near your eyes. Buy the $5 mascara from amphigory.com... at least that's made to be applied to the lashes. x_x I was going to buy hair mascara until some more experienced folk told me to use something without the potential to blind me in one or both eyes. ^^; *l*
There's a line of mascara in vivid colors out from Lancome.. but it's 21 dollahs a pop.... T_T

Gren
08-09-2003, 01:09 AM
I was poking around one of the local grocarey stores (The chain's called Tom Thumb. I don't know if they spread out among other states, or stay local.) and found colored mascara in their makeup asile, It's by caboodles (Yeah, the same peiple that make the ultra girley plastic boxes that are just so conveneint) and it was only 3.50 for a tube.

Bad aspect is that the stuff is too thick. I had to add a smidge of water to it before it would apply smoothly. There's brobably some better way of doing this, but I don't know much about girley-type make up, and so water worked for me.

I tried brushing it on my lashes and brows. Was fine for the brows, but I had to put on about 2 coats with the eyelashes, and then separate clumps with a pin. I'm happy with the overall result. I've got light blue lashes and (tinted) eyebrows on one side, normal on the other.

It came in a few bizzare colors, that I wasn't paying attention to because I was too busy beelining for the colors I and I alone needed, but it's still a nice little something to give you a heads up on.

hachikin
08-13-2003, 11:10 PM
karisu-sama: thank you for the tip on the cover gray stuff! i found some the other day &... well, i tried it, & it is VERY VERY apparent that i never wear makeup. i felt like i was starting to get somewhere, but i made a mess & gave up for the moment. i have black eyebrows & need to lighten them for a blonde wig--LOVE the pic of your kid w/the well-done eyebrows. um, would you mind describing your application technique for a total & utter newbie? ^^;;; thank you!!

Guts_Berserk
08-14-2003, 06:30 PM
thats pretty cool, Thanx. Now I Can Make The Greatest Zell Ever.
Mwahahahaha

hachikin
08-17-2003, 01:43 AM
i'm topping this thread... cuz i tried the cover gray thing again tonight & i am still woefully a mess. ;) any detailed application help (especially in the next few days before shoujocon, ha ha) appreciated!! thanks!

Kitten
10-19-2003, 03:59 PM
What if I need aqua-colored eyebrows? I'm going as Sailor Neptune, and I'm completely lost as to what I need to do to get my eyebrows (they're dark brown) to match.

Pendrell
10-19-2003, 11:04 PM
... I have to mention Lancome Magicils for this. :D Yeah, the $21 mascara. x_x They have a fantastic aquamarine green/blue. I have dark brown hair, but just one application matched my eyebrows rather well to my Subaru wig. I don't have any picture proof, though.
But I'd recommend the Magicil... for those who can afford it. *l* I know amphigory.com also sells a teal blue mascara for a slightly less monstrous sum of $5.

Kitten
10-20-2003, 07:55 AM
If the mascara from amphigory's not waterproof, I think I'll be going with the more expensive option. I don't want to risk having my face slowly turn blue throughout the day after being stuck between two sweaty otaku who haven't bathed in days. XD

Besides, I don't even care about money anymore, or at least not on this costume. I just spent over $100 on Ebay to get Neptune's Deep Aqua Mirror, so I think the prospect of a budget costume has gone straight out the window for me. XS

Thank you very much for your help; I've been fretting about this for months, and now I don't need to anymore! XD

Oh, one more thing: can you buy the Lancome variety at your regular mall? ^^; I haven't been there in so long, I don't know what you can or can't get there... ^_^;

Pendrell
10-20-2003, 11:17 PM
You're quite welcome. X) I'm glad I can use my magical mascara-finding powers for good. *l*

Ah yes. Well, as for stores carrying Lancome products, there are randomly-selected chains. Most of the commonplace chain stores have a Lancome counter.. Belk and Macy's do. To double-check, you can use the handy-dandy store locator (http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/store/index.aspx?&) from lancome.com! :D

Oh, and while you're there you can check out the Magicils themselves (http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/catalog/ProductMakeup.aspx?prdcode=990410&categorycode=AXEMakeup^F1_Mascara^F2_Mas_Mascara^F 3_Mas_Mas_Lengthens&vname=name&)... says on there that they come off in warm water. :/ I didn't have mine on for over three hours, so I can't say as to whether it will outlast any extreme sweatiness during an all-day jaunt.. XD;; However, since it is the only viable vibrant mascara I've found after months of searching, I think I'll have to trust that I won't sweat around my eyebrows enough to make it run. ^^;

Vialoi Ketsueke
10-21-2003, 10:16 AM
I have a super easy solution... Acrylic water-based paint. I had a white haired character and thought to myself... "What do I own that can change the color of my eyebrows?" I brushed some on and walla, it stays and looks natural. And the really good part, is that if you're an artist and already own acrylics, you don't have anything new to buy and can mix your exact shade. ^.^

Oh, I'm an "artist", I attend one of the best "art" schools in the country.

and I can say this much for Acrylics...

Acrylics are TOXIC. You should not be leaving them on your body, especially so close to your eyes and mouth. If your brows where to get wet, the paint would drip into your eyes. Then where would you be?

Hanyaan
10-21-2003, 09:42 PM
What about watercolor paint? Would it be safe to use watercolor-style face paint on my brows? Or greasepaint? Is that safe?

Vialoi Ketsueke
10-21-2003, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't recommend putting anything on your face that doesn't say "non-toxic" and is from an art store.

I don't know what greasepaint is...

Hitori
10-21-2003, 11:45 PM
For mi Nataku outfit, it has white hair, I coloured over mi darkish brown eyebrows w/ white face crayon by... crayola I believe, I got a little set at Micheals. It looks slightli odd in real life, but fine in the pictures. There are examples in mi galleri... but it doesn't look like that's working right now...
The onli thing about that is, I put it on, then just run mi fingure lightli over it, that make the eyebrows grey-white instead of white/non-existant and slightli shiney. All mi other cosplais so far have used mi natural hair though^_^ But still, yeah, the crayon looked fine. One note though, Nataku is veri pale, so before I put mi pale makeup on, just w/ mi wig, mi eyebrows look fine... I dunno if that's relivant or not, just mentioning.

Ali
10-22-2003, 12:01 AM
I think if I were to try to change my eyebrow color (I've got dark ones, always cosplay blondes, decided my dark eyebrows wouldn't be a problem, still frequently get mistaken for natural blonde.) I'd go with the theatre geek method.
I'd use tatoo cover on my eyebrows (had to do this once in a play) and those little pots of cream eyeliner from Ben Nye to paint over my eyebrows. Just cover that with translucent powder and it should be good. (it's meant to last a few hours under stage lights, so I'm pretty sure it would survive a day at a con.)

kdthompson
10-25-2003, 09:27 PM
I was going to cosplay as Pegasus today...and I was looking for that wax stuff and couldn't find it (I was, after all, just looking at walmart) Where can I find it?

Sarcasm-hime
10-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Yes, do NOT use regular acrylic paints on your body. Some of the pigments are quite toxic and are not meant to be used on the body. Ditto for artists' watercolours. Greasepaint is intended for use on your face (it's what clowns use), but it can run if it's hot. If you're going to be putting paint on you, invest in some good theatrical paints like Ben Nye or Kryolan brands.

Tiara
10-26-2003, 01:08 PM
Well as someone already said most anime characters just have black eyebrows. It's mainly just a blackline or brown to dark brown. People should never really dye their eyebrows the same color as their hair, it's just overkill and ends up looking way too harsh.

I too have natural eyebrows that are way darker than my natural color. I have naturally medium reddish brown hair with black eyebrows, it never looked right to me so I dyed my hair dark brown. I'll probably do it again sometime when my hair gets longer.

Halfling
06-04-2004, 05:54 AM
For other colors: Ben Nye creams - I use white as a base and then grey over it for Dilandau (with sometimes a touch of purple eye pencil in there too. )
Help, I'm getting lost with all the Ben Nye stuff they have too much different things... could someone please post a link to the ben nye website to the page that has the stuff that Karisu-sama is talking about?

xie-chan
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
You could always shave off your eyebrows and pencil them on in the color of your choice and lightly powdering over them to keep them there. But eyebrows DO serve a function of protecting your eyes so that does need to be taken into account. But eyebrows should grow back within a day or so.

Also, I don't know about this, but you know the spray hairdye... I know you aren't supposed to spray it near your eyes, but would it work spraying it on a toothbrush or something similar and painting it on like that? Have people tried this or is it bad?

ShatteredSunset
06-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Eyebrows take like a month to grow back XDXD Don't shave them. Seriously, it looks -wierd-. Me, I suggest finding non toxic acrylic, if you really need it. But usually, black goes with everything.

Flippy
06-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah buy this stuff on-line...I went to Sally's and another cosmetic goods store and they had no clue what products I was talking about.....and this stuff wasn't stocked either.

QueenAleta
09-23-2004, 03:42 PM
For natural eyebrow colors Ben Nye makes a brush in hair coloring that works great. I have black eyebrows and found that their auburn did indeed change them to dark auburn and their white or taupe would work very nicely for light blonde.

RottenOnion
11-12-2004, 01:37 AM
i dunno if anyones said this yet..^_^;..but

to get un-natural colours for eyebrows, my brothers friend uses eyeliner (annabelle, i believe) on hers. She had bright blue hair and so she just coloured them in..but then again, this only works if you've got pale eyebrows and pencil thin. But if you do, you should see if it works, it seemed to look really good, i though she accutly dyed them ^_^

..but then again..i'm not the brightest thing is the crayon jar...

Not Quite Sane
11-12-2004, 09:23 PM
I myself had to use paint, because I had like 2 seconds to do it. This was Halloween, mind you, so when I go to a con, I'm going to get some good stuff. And it was permanent paint....

But I have brown hair, and the wig was blond, and it worked good enough.

ChibiRinoa
11-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Anyone ever use colored mascara on your eyebrows?
I tried to find purple mascara for Anthy but after 7 drug stores i never managed to find any v_v

onion knight
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
I personally wouldn't do anything to them.Most blondes have dark eyebrows anyway.My hair is dark blond and i have completely black eyebrows.

Sarcasm-hime
11-15-2004, 01:58 PM
My advice is not to try to make your eyebrows the exact colour of your wig. Most people's eyebrows are darker than their hair anyways, and we're used to seeing natural-coloured eyebrows so when somebody has brightly coloured eyebrows they're too noticeable and jump out at you.

If you want to colour them a bit, I'd recommend just adding a touch of colour to your existing eyebrows. So perhaps a bit of eyeshadow or eyeliner in a colour to match your wig (like green or blue or purple or whatever), giving your normal eyebrows just a tint of colour.

shiho_o
01-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Here's a pic of my daughter crossplaying as a blond with Cover Gray on her nice thick BLACK eyebrows (and leaving her own black eyelashes alone):

wow that really does look natural!

I also second that acrylics tip you gave. I'm a chem major and it horrifies me people put acrylics and liquid latex on their skin or excessive amount of bleach in their hair. "the label says it's safe".... yea because they want you to buy their products, duh! If only people knew how bad those things react in the lab -__-;

Tzappora
02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Is there anything washable to change your eyebrows? Does this Cover Gray wash out? >.<

Digital Blush
02-10-2005, 09:56 PM
My advice is not to try to make your eyebrows the exact colour of your wig. Most people's eyebrows are darker than their hair anyways, and we're used to seeing natural-coloured eyebrows so when somebody has brightly coloured eyebrows they're too noticeable and jump out at you.

If you want to colour them a bit, I'd recommend just adding a touch of colour to your existing eyebrows. So perhaps a bit of eyeshadow or eyeliner in a colour to match your wig (like green or blue or purple or whatever), giving your normal eyebrows just a tint of colour.

hmm though if your eyebrows are like black would the eyeshadow or eyeliner color work? i look bad with light wigs and i'll need pink eyebrows for my mimi wig.. i guess black eyebrows would work but my mom says i look funny with light wigs and black eyebrows T_T mehh everyone is saying so many methods i dunno which would be the best.

Sarcasm-hime
02-11-2005, 01:33 AM
hmm though if your eyebrows are like black would the eyeshadow or eyeliner color work? i look bad with light wigs and i'll need pink eyebrows for my mimi wig.. i guess black eyebrows would work but my mom says i look funny with light wigs and black eyebrows T_T mehh everyone is saying so many methods i dunno which would be the best.

Well if that's Mimi in your sig, she doesn't actually have pink eyebrows, they're just drawn as black lines. So unless you have really bushy thick black eyebrows, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You could always just tweeze them a little bit to get them a little thinner if you're worried about them, and/or maybe even put a bit of pink lipgloss in them to make them a little pinkish.

Digital Blush
02-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Well if that's Mimi in your sig, she doesn't actually have pink eyebrows, they're just drawn as black lines. So unless you have really bushy thick black eyebrows, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You could always just tweeze them a little bit to get them a little thinner if you're worried about them, and/or maybe even put a bit of pink lipgloss in them to make them a little pinkish.

yeah i haven't gotten my eyebrows waxed in awhile but my bangs cover them so yeah.. i tweeze them so they arent like 'whoa scary' or anything i keep them ok but yeah i'm gonna go soon to get them waxed and i'll try again with the wig. :B thanks

Katie
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I have nearly black eyebrows, and when I apply a line of pink lipstick underneath, it makes a pretty convincing color. I forgot to bring a pink lipstick when I went to AWA, so in my icon it's just my black brows, but here's a picture of me (being a dork) in my Sakura wig and headband taken with my webcam where you can sorta what the lipstick underneath does to black brows: http://www.pinkninja.org/cosplay/images/sakuratest04.jpg

Digital Blush
02-15-2005, 08:42 PM
you look good without or with black eyebrows. i'll do the lipstick thing :B thanks :needs to find aqua lipstick: XDD

Shania_Nowhere
03-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I've only cosplayed characters with brown hair because I didn't really know what to do with my eyebrows, but know that I have a few ideas from this forum, I'll have to try something else sometime. ^.^

Shania_Nowhere
03-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Uchiha: (off topic, sort of) You're going to cosplay Mimi from Digimon? If you do, please post the pics on your gallery, I love Mimi! And with her you don't really have to color your brows, I think hers are black...they're usually little pencil strokes so it's hard to tell, heh.

AnimeLotRluvr92
04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
I have nearly black eyebrows, and when I apply a line of pink lipstick underneath, it makes a pretty convincing color. I forgot to bring a pink lipstick when I went to AWA, so in my icon it's just my black brows, but here's a picture of me (being a dork) in my Sakura wig and headband taken with my webcam where you can sorta what the lipstick underneath does to black brows: http://www.pinkninja.org/cosplay/images/sakuratest04.jpg

:rofl: Sorry! I just had to laugh! (you were being dorky anyway, right?) You look just like a pink haired Ed!! (from Cowboy Bebop) With the head band thing (even though she has glowing goggles) and all, the hairstyle...That's cool! Nyah! ;)

Anyway...I never read all the pages on this thread yet, so if I did skip info on how to do gray eyebrows (of all colors) sorry... :o
I've been planning a Tsume (from Wolf's Rain) crossplay for a while, and uh...well, he's gray haired (even though he looks about 18-25 in human years) and I'm blonde...my eyebrows are dark I suppose you could say, and my eyelashes look dark enough to be black. (odd, yes, I know... :rolleyes: )
Other colors to costumes that I'm doing would be: light purple (for Cheza; like a lavender/lilac type), blue-ish black (for Darcia) and a reddish-orange for Ed...
Any ideas on styling? Kiba, Darcia and other bishies in Wolf's Rain have rather sharp eyebrows...they managed it for Spock in Star Trek...

Thanks!
~'Chelle Wounj :japan:

Jujubeans
04-05-2005, 06:39 PM
That makes me wonder when I saw this thread.... when I cosplay as Iori-sama, how do I get those vibrant red sexy brows he has? :\ I'd have trouble finding candy apple red lipstick lol.

Sephiria-chan
06-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah, im doing a greyish whitish haired character too. Abel Nightroad from trinity blood. My plan is to get the caboodles silver mascara from walmart and to do a very light coat on my eyebrows. Ofcourse I, being a blonde with thin eyebrows, will most likely need some color beforehand. Remember, grey haired peoples eyebrows are rarely fully grey.

Jujubeans
06-22-2005, 12:32 AM
I've noticed that the colored mascara works well. I have dark brown eyebrows, so the mascara lightens the contrast very good.

valkyire
07-06-2005, 03:48 PM
That makes me wonder when I saw this thread.... when I cosplay as Iori-sama, how do I get those vibrant red sexy brows he has? :\ I'd have trouble finding candy apple red lipstick lol.

you mean iori from king of fighters right? if so, i made an iori costume for my boyfriend and for his eyebrows we just used a bit of light concealer and red liquid eyeliner with red eyeshadow. the liner works really good for the shape of the brows and the shadow helps hold the color in and it is also a little bit subtler than monstrous red brows..lol hope this helps.

waste0fcarb0n
08-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm interested in this cover grey stick thingy... Where could I buy one?

calen383
08-15-2005, 12:48 AM
you know, today i went to the salon to get my eyebrows waxed. i asked the woman if she could somehow make my dark brown eye brows less noticeable b/c i'd be wearing a blonde wig this weekend. her response:

Her: pssh! look around! most women with blonde hair don't dye their eyebrows!
Me: They're as dark as mine?
Her: Yes. Darker sometimes.

xD so there you go. i guess if you are going for realism here, thats the word of a professional.

<3 Calen