PDA

View Full Version : heylo first timer to megacon

vocomwa
12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
hiii this is my first time going to megacon.. or any convention for that matter. im new to cosplay but i lve anime/games O_O. so yeah im going as akihiko sanda from persona 3. i hope to see all u cool people there =)

Kitsune
12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Well, Megacon's a great place to start. It's huge and the amount of cosplay there is just staggering!

Just a note, though, after seeing some comments that came about after last year: Megacon is not an anime/video game-exclusive convention. It's a mixed bag, with comics, sci-fi/fantasy, toys, anime, video games, roleplaying games, multi-media, etc etc. Thus, it doesn't have all the same types of panels and events as anime conventions. This seemed to upset a few people last year. =( Megacon caters well to its huge community, though, so you're sure to find something to interest you~

This will only be my third Megacon, but I guess I can still say: Welcome to the insanity! :3

Benihime78
02-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Three years ago, Megacon was my first con too and this year, it will be my sisters. You're going to have lots of fun- so much it can get overwhelming. I'll try to keep an eye out for you :D

Prota-Girl
02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Megacon was m second con, but I think/Know you'll like it. It's really a lot of fun! You get, Anime, Comics and Video games all rolled into one! Make sure you bring a camera and snap lots of piccies! :D

Dragon Gurl
02-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Grats on your first convention! ^3^
Megacon was my first convention last year, and imo it's a great one to start out with, even if it's a bit big.

Hope to see you there!

Nooby Banana
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Yay for first conventions! This is my first time to Megacon too. =D Here's to hoping we both have tons of fun!

SunakoChan
02-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Megacon is definitely a great place to start ^-^ This will be my 3rd Megacon and there's tons of things to do all day and all weekend long. I hope you have a great time ^-^

miyavilover666
03-01-2009, 11:27 PM
It was my first Megacon too!
I absolutely loved it!

kikuyo
03-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Same here I can not wait till next year!

ShadowDemonMike
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
My first Con was MegaCon 08 I was a crappy, short Sephiroth! I think I feel safe saying that my Link at 09 was my best yet. But yeah Hope yah had fun I know I did!

DavinDaLilAzn
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Third MegaCon, First time Cosplaying (outside of Halloween). It was great times and I LOVED all the costumes and characters I saw!!! I'm already thinking about next year, hopefully I can get something really amazing!

Immortalbeloved
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
First Megacon for me (about the 5th for my accompanying friend) and 3rd convention all together. It was loads of fun- I got a ton of pictures taken of me but I can't seem to find WHERE they are -__-'

I was Hermione Granger-linkages are in my signature.

Actually I am planning on attending A-Kon this May(?) and having my friend come stay with me for it this time x3 I'd probably still use my Hermione Granger costume too..I love it so much :K even though A-Kon is mainly Anime I honestly don't care- I want to wear that costume again :3

Eun
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
hiii this is my first time going to megacon.. or any convention for that matter. im new to cosplay but i lve anime/games O_O. so yeah im going as akihiko sanda from persona 3. i hope to see all u cool people there =)

Woahwoahwoah dude.

Okay, so I just moved to Florida from San Diego having attended Anime Expo and Comic Con and other little tiny cons. I stopped cosplaying for a while. Like a bout a year or so to focus more on my studies but now that i lack a social life, I figured might as well spend more time cosplay. I'm planing on finishing my Metis cosplay! (Persona 3). I'll probably be going alone and I think it'd be cool if we could get a photo together.

I'm pumped now. I gotta make it. >:]

sazumebachi
01-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Mega-con will be my first florida con ^^ im very excited to be going!!

mewillusion
01-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Megacon was my 3rd convention but my first BIG one (my previous two being Houkocon and Janicon). I rarely get time off for conventions but no matter what, I ALWAYS get the weekend off for Megacon. It's my yearly vacation! ^^
The atmosphere there is amazing, just seeing a mixture of different genres, both in the volunteers/dealers and the attendees.
You'll have a good time there, most definitely.

kikuyo
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Woahwoahwoah dude.

Okay, so I just moved to Florida from San Diego having attended Anime Expo and Comic Con and other little tiny cons. I stopped cosplaying for a while. Like a bout a year or so to focus more on my studies but now that i lack a social life, I figured might as well spend more time cosplay. I'm planing on finishing my Metis cosplay! (Persona 3). I'll probably be going alone and I think it'd be cool if we could get a photo together.

I'm pumped now. I gotta make it. >:]

Metis? OwO omg awesome.

I'm being Junpei on saturday *hopefully* and have two friends being mitsuru and yukari. Maybe a friend being aegis MAYBE. lol and maybe an akihiko too. We should get pics :3

Eun
01-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Metis? OwO omg awesome.

I'm being Junpei on saturday *hopefully* and have two friends being mitsuru and yukari. Maybe a friend being aegis MAYBE. lol and maybe an akihiko too. We should get pics :3

Totally beastly! <3

I had an Aegis cosplay but all my old cosplays I gave away because well, they weren't that great. Haha! I would LOVE to get pics with you. I don't know anybody else who's going so I'm all up for making new friends. >:3

Kira Kisa
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
This will b my first convention as well. I hope I don`t get lost and make friends, who will hopefully help me out.

namine1987
01-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Yay another first timer! I;m going in big lol all three days and 4 different costumes XD PAdme(star wars), Steampunk explorer(original), alice (pandora hearts), and san (mononoke)

Serenagorexx
03-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Good luck on your first convention!
You'll see me around!
I'll be one of the few creepy kids wandering around.
I'll make sure to come say hello (:

Taffy
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
This will be my first American convention, coming down all the way from Ontario, Canada. I don't know anyone from this area.. or food places so if anyone can point me in a direction of cheap food or place to chill. I'll be cosplaying as Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil Zero; leather outfit. I am in the area on vacation and saw the con on at the same time. I'm only going for the Saturday.

DavinDaLilAzn
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
This will be my first American convention, coming down all the way from Ontario, Canada. I don't know anyone from this area.. or food places so if anyone can point me in a direction of cheap food or place to chill. I'll be cosplaying as Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil Zero; leather outfit. I am in the area on vacation and saw the con on at the same time. I'm only going for the Saturday.

IF the weather's nice and you don't mind walking, there's plenty of restaurants near the convention center. South of the center has Denny's, Red Lobster, and McDonald's. Walk North and you'll find even more stuff. The convention center's on International Drive, which is the tourist trap road. It all depends on how far you're willing to walk.

If the weather's bad or you don't feel like walking, they have a few concession stands open that sell your typical burger and fries (about $10 for a burger, fries, and soda)... Not the best but it's convient.