PDA

View Full Version : DBZ: Child Vegeta

Chibi Kawaii
12-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Hello there! I was wondering if people would be able to give me a few tips on making my Child Vegeta cosplay. For those of you who don't know what I mean, he's this cute little fella!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/ickle_ally/ChildVegeta3.jpg

Now, the hair isn't a problem, as I have already discovered that with enough heavy duty hairspray and bees wax, my hair stays up fine! The only small thing about the hair I have to ask is, in that picture, his hair is black, in the anime when Vegeta first shows up, his hair is dark brown, then later becomes black. My hair is dark brown. Should I dye it black, or leave it?
I have some black contact lenses, should I bother with them, or will that make me look a little too freaky?
Breasts! I have them! Will they be hidden behind the armour, or should I bind them down? Speaking of the armour, I have absolutely no idea where to start! I have seen some absolutely awful Saiyan armour, and I really don't want it to look like that. I was kinda thinking of making it out of paper mache at first, but I don't think that will work. Second thought was foam. What do you think?
The gloves are easy enough, I can modify my pattern for paws and make a nice pair of gloves. As for the boots, they're not the pointy gold tipped variety, so will buying normal white boots do, or should I modify a pair?

I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions! I'd just love to be able to get this cosplay right, as I have never seen a Child Vegeta cosplay before. If any of you have, could you link me to the pictures?

Many Thanks!

Chibi Kawaii
12-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Anyone at all have any hints?

saiyamanmasenko
12-14-2008, 09:48 AM
bind your breasts if you're going for major accuracy. I would suggest foam for the armor. The hair color is your call. you'll probably have idiots try telling you that Vegeta's hair is always black. Obviously they've never seen the green-and-orange Vegeta with brown hair, lol. as for the boots, white boots with gold spray paint always worked well for me.

hope this all helped.

Chibi Kawaii
12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
bind your breasts if you're going for major accuracy. I would suggest foam for the armor. The hair color is your call. you'll probably have idiots try telling you that Vegeta's hair is always black. Obviously they've never seen the green-and-orange Vegeta with brown hair, lol. as for the boots, white boots with gold spray paint always worked well for me.

hope this all helped.

Hey there! Thanks very much for the help! I was thinking of using foam for the armour, seems like a much lighter, flexible option.