PDA

View Full Version : ugh

candybarpixi
07-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Did anyone else find being in the dealer's room unbearable because of the people?
No courtisy at all!
I got slammed into about 15+ times. And people would just stop right in the middle of the isles. It was worse than the hallways at school. Plus getting out onto the freeway took an hour and a half because of idiot drivers.
Plus the registration line, 3 hours jesus....

But it was all worth it for the adult swim pannel.

by the way... Sana-chan, saw you for a couple of seconds getting off the elevator in your legolas costume, looked awesome.

Sana-chan
07-20-2003, 08:42 PM
lol thankyou XD

yeah people are kinda crazy like that @_@. specially if you have wings on your costume. they always find a way to crash into them... even when you're up against a wall.

Rogue Marvel
07-20-2003, 08:52 PM
i didn't think it was too bad the most problems i had when was I was walking down the same isle as Dom and Elijah @_@ (sana-chan remembers that ^_~)

worse was when dom, elijah and kevin smith where all walking down the same isle.

Way too many people! I can't wait for ani-magic....after that mess I could use a nice and small con

Dark Vision
07-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Well this is comic con international, held in the cozy gaslamp district. The convention hall twice as big and no where near as crowded as last year. Sunday last year you had to wallk at half speed. If you were in costume, mucho slugging.

da da da, time to plan my havoc for animagic...muhahahaha.

tydawgsd
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
yep. Ani-Magic will be a nice change of pace. I really only had trouble Sat- that was insane.

Daitenshi
07-21-2003, 01:03 AM
Elijah... ;-;
Why didn't I goooo???

Wolfgirl
07-21-2003, 01:04 AM
This year seemed less crowded. It was dubble the people last year. (ps i think im one of the idot drivers) LOL went down a one way street the wrong way. there was no sign LOL (stamps idiot on my forehead)

The con this year i thought was smaller then last year, not as many dealers and there was more anime yeeeeaaaa!!!

PREVIEW NIGHT sucked this year though.

Jinx
07-21-2003, 01:31 AM
I didn't find it to be to much of a prob... I only hit three people with my giant cross. ^-^;;

But I couldn't believe that even after construction (last time I went was 2001) it is STILL this crowded...

Knight_Survive
07-21-2003, 01:32 AM
(sighs)well,I nearly died this year,thank you very much >.< you all can read more here (http://www.livejournal.com/users/ramsesr84/ )

Reno_kun
07-21-2003, 02:15 AM
well i had fun though...

snyper
07-28-2003, 02:02 PM
I find that the pointier and sharper the edges of your armor, the less problem you have with moving through crowded Convention halls.

I was practically Moses parting the sea when I walked around in this we built for YK Productions.

http://members.cox.net/td0013/dokarmor.jpg

I did feel a little bad though when I'd snag into someone and practically gore them on the stuff.

Hopefully I'll be getting some better photos of the armor soon.

Padme Skywalker
07-28-2003, 03:06 PM
I had a blast...It was my first Comic Con. I loved pre-view night cuz I bought what I wanted plus I had the rest of the con to be in costume & have fun. The next day what I bought was sold out. I just posted some pics of CC in my photo album.

FlameSniperRei
07-29-2003, 02:59 PM
CC is always crowded tho' oddly enough some halls were more crowded then others, I think they need to make the spaces between booths a bit wider. x_x;

Crazy Bunta
07-29-2003, 05:45 PM
The only problem I had was the enormous amount of BO in the dealers room. Yack!!!! Next time I need to buy a can of deodorent and start spraying people down. There was one guy that was soooo bad that, I kid you not, myself and everyone around him started getting so sick we had to run outside for fresh air.

Besides that, no problem with traffic or anything like that. Just a huge lack of parking as usual and the 2 mile long Saturday registration line. I wasn't in the line, but I decided to walk it to see how many people I'd come across. Let's just say, it was a 40 minute walk each way!!!! Now that's something new!

MPsy
07-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Next time I'm going to bring my cattle prod...

FlameSniperRei
07-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by MPsy
Next time I'm going to bring my cattle prod...

Heheh a good idea only avoid the guys in red...(security) they'd be on you like white on rice if you had a cattle prod in hand. XD