PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going?

gcninja
12-14-2008, 03:54 AM
This seems kinda...empty. so i decided to start early, anybody going? and if so, as who?

Im probably be going seeing as im just a few hours away, Northern Arizona so I cant wait! just gotta get the time off and everything set.

Red Comet
12-14-2008, 04:48 AM
I'm still not sure yet...
For those who didn't hear the news, the registration price was dropped to $20, but the catch is they will have no guests other than the band Toybox.
The lower price is nice, but I'm disappointed with the lack of guests. I'll come if I think the other events will make up for this...

Nutmeg
12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow, didn't hear the "No guests" part......
I really have no clue if I'll go, I have very little hope for Anizona anymore and if there's nothing much else to see than a band n' some random activities, I don't see the point in going.

azurien
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
i'd really like to go, cuz it's right at my birthday and i have friends in Phoenix and it's pretty much the only city i can go to con and have somewhere for my doggie to stay with me.. even if it's a small con it seems like a good excuse for a road trip!

Kazukii
01-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Nope. Rather save for cons that'll be worth it.
No guests and pricey hotel? ..Yah, good luck.

hitogoroshi11
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm going! I think.
And I'm bringing some people with me :)
Does anyone actually go? Is it fun? It'll be my first year.
And more importantly, if we cosplay, will we be the only ones?

Kazukii
01-07-2009, 01:57 AM
It's not worth going.
Last time really stunk.
And it's only going down hill. I'd go to PCC - which is happening later this month, or wait until fall to go to Saboten.

Grey Finch
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm going, but then, I'm in the area so it's only a twenty minute drive or so.

thoshy
01-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Not sure yet. I HOPE to go but...

Hazel Chaz
01-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Not sure yet. I HOPE to go but...

I'm going. Bringing lots of silly ribbons with me, too.

Red Pirate Eva
01-15-2009, 09:20 PM
hi!
I'll hopefullly be going; it really depends on how busy my schedule is. I will also hopefully have my madam red costume (or one of my other costumes in progress) done by then... hopefully!
Ah! So much to do, so little time!

Feawen
01-21-2009, 06:49 PM
You can count on me not being there. Anizona will not be getting money from me, even just twenty bucks, to continue this same stupidity. I really hoped this con would pick itself up, but there is little hope for it now. Hitogoroshi, I'd seriously say go to saboten as your fisrt con. Anizona is going to be seriously boring, most of the people who normally volunteer to help cons are not going to help out with this con, so they will be seriously understaffed. The room rate is also higher than other local cons tend to have.

Finch, I'm thinking of holding an anti party, it would be soooo much more fun to hang with me right? XD

Grey Finch
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
We have so few cons in Arizona, I'd like to support the ones we've got. There's always potential to grow. Plus, I've had a good time every AniZona I've been to (all of them). But then, all I do at cons is cosplay and hang out with friends.

Summoner Lenne
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I always find anti-parties extremly lame. You're perfectly entitled to not like a con or certain cons- I certainly dislike a few- but holding ANTI parties is just lame and hurtful. If you think a con is badly run, isn't it better to hope for it to get better than for it to die?

jaiitup
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I would love to go, I usually don't miss any conventions in Arizona, but due to my situations, I wont be going, kind of in Iraq or something like that

marie78
01-26-2009, 11:31 PM
ill be going with some friends of mine, we will be cosplaying as hellsing.:)

Khiorii
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Yep, we have a whole group going from our Anime Club. Our theme this year is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Been looking foward to attending Anizona since they cancelled it last year.
I'm still not sure yet...
For those who didn't hear the news, the registration price was dropped to $20, but the catch is they will have no guests other than the band Toybox.
The lower price is nice, but I'm disappointed with the lack of guests. I'll come if I think the other events will make up for this...

I've noticed this as well, no guests really. Its a bummer, but we're looking forward to other aspects and events of the convention. The rock band competition sounds....interesting ;)

I'm going, but then, I'm in the area so it's only a twenty minute drive or so.
Yay! It'll be cool to see you again :) You live that close? We have to drive 3.5 hours to get there lol.

Grey Finch
01-31-2009, 12:52 AM
Yay! It'll be cool to see you again :) You live that close? We have to drive 3.5 hours to get there lol.

Yeah! Wow, that far of a drive? Where are you guys at anyway?

Feawen
01-31-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm sorry, but I always find anti-parties extremly lame. You're perfectly entitled to not like a con or certain cons- I certainly dislike a few- but holding ANTI parties is just lame and hurtful. If you think a con is badly run, isn't it better to hope for it to get better than for it to die?
The anti party thing was a joke, sorry you took that wrong, you right all the same though, sorry. I was actually thinking of holding a cosplay gathering/ photoshoot for thos who didn't want to go to ani, but still wanted to see some friends. I think most of us will probably go hang out there without paying for badges or going to any events etc.
I certainly don't want anizona dead, but it dreadfully needs a new staff. I would love to have anizona back on it's feet, but until they realize there is a problem, they won't change, and until people stop giving them money, they won't realize there is a problem at all(especially since they have taken any constructive critisism for the con in a very negative light since they have changed staff).

Kazukii
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM
I was actually thinking of holding a cosplay gathering/ photoshoot for thos who didn't want to go to ani, but still wanted to see some friends. I think most of us will probably go hang out there without paying for badges or going to any events etc.

That'd actually be a really fun idea.
I know a lot of the folks who generally help at cons don't want to after how they got treated at the previous ani. Also know there are similar folks who do things around the same type of cons who just want to get together and hang out.
It'd get some attention, I'm sure. If posted on HP / Suna and the others, I'm sure a group get together would be successful.

jounink
02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Im going and its gonna be my 1st cosplay too! Im going as Fran(ff12)and maybe yoruichi(bleach) too

Hazel Chaz
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Oh, that counts as close in my book. I'm looking at a 6 hour drive myself -- I'm coming in late the night before, and spending the night at the hotel. :) I've been to two of the AniZonas in the past. Their convention started up the same year as ours, and I've been watching its ups and downs.

I was actually thinking of holding a cosplay gathering/ photoshoot for thos who didn't want to go to ani, but still wanted to see some friends. I think most of us will probably go hang out there without paying for badges or going to any events etc.

Hanging out at the hotel that the convention has made arrangements with, without supporting the convention? That's what you plan to do?

You're saying that the AniZona organizers can make all the negotiations with the Embassy Suites for a weekend full of anime fans, and you'll just freeload off of their hard work.

The only reason you have any interest in going to that hotel on that particular weekend is because the convention is making the place a destination.

And if a hundred folks feel like you do, then that's just fine, the lobby will be full of people who "aren't attending the convention."

You don't see the contradiction there?

Look, if you don't agree with how they run the convention, then don't go. Stay clear of the Embassy Suites that weekend. If you really feel strongly and spiteful enough about it, go organize something across town on the same weekend. Have the courage of your convictions: if you think you should boycott the convention, then do it properly.

I certainly don't want anizona dead, but it dreadfully needs a new staff. I would love to have anizona back on it's feet, but until they realize there is a problem, they won't change, and until people stop giving them money, they won't realize there is a problem at all(especially since they have taken any constructive critisism for the con in a very negative light since they have changed staff).

If their paid attendance goes down, and they have a big crowd of "ghosts" in the lobby, they're not going to get whatever message you're trying to send.

What is the problem you want them to realize? You've said it needs a new staff, and it's changed staff, so I'm a little hazy on what your additional constructive criticism might be on top of that.

I'm going and it's gonna be my 1st cosplay too! I'm going as Fran(ff12)and maybe yoruichi(bleach) too

And you're going to have a wonderful time. I wish I had the time and talent to put together a cosplay of my own. I got as far as the bear ears for my costume, and said to myself "that's it, I'm done, this is too hard." So I salute you, and I hope you'll stop by my table and say hi.

Summoner Lenne
02-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Chaz has said most of what I'm going to, but I'll say it again.

The anti party thing was a joke, sorry you took that wrong, you right all the same though, sorry. I was actually thinking of holding a cosplay gathering/ photoshoot for thos who didn't want to go to ani, but still wanted to see some friends. I think most of us will probably go hang out there without paying for badges or going to any events etc.

Having a cosplay gathering the same weekend is the exact same AS an anti party. Its you specifically saying "Come to my event, instead of this other one, because we don't like the first." Ani Magic has one called Anime Con Carne or ... something... and its just an idea full of malice. Even if you don't LABEL it as an 'anti' event, that's what it'll BE.

As for the ghosting issue, right, so you want to be AGAINST the con by GOING to the con? EXACTLY like Chaz said, the only reason you'd GO to the hotel that weekend is because the con is there. You're mooching off the con without paying for it.

If you can't pay for it? Then volunteer for the con! I'm sorry, but having the con DIE, having them go bankrupt- that's not going to 'Show Them That Something's Wrong'. That's going to KILL the con, they can't get better if they're DEAD!

You know the BEST way to make a con BETTER? Work for it! Staff it, do the best you can in YOUR POSITION, try and work your way up, AND MAKE THE CON BETTER! Not ghost around the fricken hotel! You are mooching off their efforts, for what?

You are STEALING from the con, so I hope you have fun with that. I hope you have fun with your theft, that will not prove any point about you being against the con.

Good job. Good job. -_-.

Kazukii
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Many of the con attendee's on the local Arizona Conventions boards and such were talking of doing the same. Going to the con to hang with friends, just not actually attending the convention. oo;

Just saying..-shrug-

Feylene
02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I'll be going! And dragging some interested friends with me. ;) I'm planning on bringing my Eileen Galvin cosplay, and I'm in the process of making a Lamika Lee from the original Vampire Hunter D movie cosplay. If I have time, I also want to do Citan Uzuki from Xenogears - one of my friends will do Fei with me if I manage it.

Despite a lack of guests, I'm really looking forward to the con!

Hazel Chaz
02-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Many of the con attendee's on the local Arizona Conventions boards and such were talking of doing the same. Going to the con to hang with friends, just not actually attending the convention. oo;

So it's a big problem, then, if the local fandom doesn't support it anymore. But wants to freeload on its efforts anyway.

Poisonous...

Summoner Lenne
02-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Just because lots of people agree with something doesn't make it right.

I am going to use the Nazi's as an example -_-.

(Over dramatic comparision? NOPE!)

Punkbuster
02-05-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm wondering if any of the staff has posted in this thread.

Summoner Lenne
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
If you mean me and Chaz, no, we are very much NOT staff for Anizona. Chaz is the chairman of Anime La and I work for ALA also.

We are not affilated at all with Anizona. And I spelt that wrong.

Hazel Chaz
02-06-2009, 05:14 AM
I'm wondering if any of the staff has posted in this thread.

My suspicion is that all the locals, including any active online staffers, are participating in AniZona's own forums (http://forums.anizona.org/). At least, I've seen a lot more activity there than I have here on the AniZona Cosplay.com section.

And Sarah is correct, I'm not on their convention staff either. The closest you could say I came would be for an about an hour Christian and I refilled the water service outside the dance. Big whoop, anybody who saw the need and figured out how to get water would have done the same thing...

Harra Arial
02-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I shall certainly hope to be going~ Might be a birthday present from Mum and Dah if I'm lucky. <3

So yes, other than still needing to register and needing to get the hotel rooming plans set up, I am most certainly dead-set on going. <3

If you guys see a girl in a flowey cloak or ((possibly, if I can get the costume done in time, I hope so~)) A Dee Vasquez ((from Phoenix Wright)) running around, please come and say hello? I'd love you meet you. <3

Edit

After reading the entire threat, I never knew such things were happening. I mean, I knew about the 'no guests', but.... An Anti-party? Holding a gathering outside of the Con in the same place? That is... immensely rude in my opinion. Shame, my dear, for doing something like that.

Arizona, dispite being a fairly large state ((bigger than where I come from, anyway)), doesn't have as many Cons as one would hope, and for those who are underage, under her parent's rule, and are unallowed to travel out-of-state for Conventions... it would be devastating for people in my situation to be deprived of a Convention.

If you want to hold a gathering, go ahead, but please don't have at at the same hotel? Preferrably not even on the same days? It's just rude, and it's going to kill off one of the longer-running Conventions ((hasn't it been five years for Anizona now? ... I'm likely wrong on that, but....))

If you don't like how things are going, do what you can to change it! Really. Complaining gets you nowhre, pessimism only brings you down, think of, instead of ways to bash it, think of ways to change it for the better. OK, so you don't like the staff, that's perfectly fine, you don't have to like everyone in the world, how about sending in a few E-mails? Making a few phone calls? Setting up meetings? In the meantime, come up with plausible plans to make things work better.

Say, if you want, I'd be honoured to help you out on ideas to make things better, please, give me your problems, and... if you want, I'll give you solutions~

Usako Haneino
02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I have a "pass-thru" badge, I claimed it on the off chance I'll have the time to go(the joys of being an adult :sulk:). However I have a sinking feeling this con that I put so much time and effort into helping is going to go under this year. I really had hoped it would have come around to be successful again.

I had so many Ideas that the people in charge just shot down (However they did recently annonce they'd be streaming Anime on the hotel TVs and the Masq. They told me there was no way it could be done when I posed the idea last February!:confused:)

Despite personal issues with some of the staff, it's sad to see the con going down like this. I loved volunteering and helping out. I miss it.

Harra Arial
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Hm? Why exactly is the Convention going downhill, praytell? ((Please forgive me, the only Anime Conventions I've been to are Saboten 08, and KikiCon 08, which was a free one-day Convention. >< ))

Usako Haneino
02-07-2009, 11:56 PM
After having to cancel last year they're running short on cash, to get attendees they cut ticket price because of the economy. With the way they treated their staff, myself included, many of us threw in the towel. All of those thing added together mean: If this year bombs AniZona is toast.

Harra Arial
02-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Ouch. How did they treat their staff, if you mind not my asking?

Usako Haneino
02-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I can only speak for my own experience, but I was often ignored when I tried to speak up, my ideas were constantly dismissed without any consideration, and I was basically told I was a slave to the Higher powers and couldn't make decisions on my own (I ran viewing room, Marketing, and Masq at one point).

Because I was Marketing Director for the AniZona they had to cancel I was blammed for the failure. I don't feel that is entirely fair as everytime I brought a new marketing Idea to the table I was shot down immediately. If it wasn't "Free" it was out of the question to them. Even though I had a budget and was able to keep it in budget.

For the longest Time I didn't understand the hostility directed at AniZona, but after being blamed for the failure and then what they did when I was Masq Director, I'm done helping them. As much as I love helping out and volunteering, if they're going to ignore good ideas simply because they'd have to spend money I refuse to waste any more time and effort just to end up the scape-goat.

Kazukii
02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
They had perfectly good folks willing and wanting to run it last year, but because enough weren't buying they just upped and switched the people who were willing to without telling them. :sulk:

The new runners aren't a common site, nor do they seem as excited / enthusiastic with it.
The last year's staff were atleast listening to what attendee's wanted. The new ones are just into their own thing. Way to run a con.

At this rate I see Saboten being the main Anime Con for Arizona. :D

Harra Arial
02-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh no! Why would they blame you though? It's... awful, honestly! You were volunteering, last I checked, people who volunteer for Conventions don't get paid for it. They ought be gracious to you for even bothering to help out~

And I must agree, Kazukii, at this rate, Saboten might very well become the main Arizona Convention. That was actually my first Con, and I liked it a lot. I just hope Anizona has a chance to pick itself up. Arizona doesn't have many Cons in itself, perhaps the people in charge need to start listening to the attendees again?

I know not... perhaps my opinion is invalid since I'm a newbiw, but aren't the main purposes of Conventions to have fun? It's what the con-goers want, right? ... Why would they take away from that?

Summoner Lenne
02-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I know not... perhaps my opinion is invalid since I'm a newbiw, but aren't the main purposes of Conventions to have fun? It's what the con-goers want, right? ... Why would they take away from that?

People get caught up in other things, and lose sight.

I'm... I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that Usako. It's not my fault or anything obviously, but I still feel terrible. That's just- terrible.

All I can say is, best of luck to Anizona. I won't be going- I'll be at Sakuracon- but hopefully it'll fix it problems, and if not... well, ya. Lord knows another convention -I- thought was SURE to be tanked last year (Autumn Dream) actually did pretty all right and is continuing on, so... ya.

God. o_0

Hazel Chaz
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM
And I must agree, Kazukii, at this rate, Saboten might very well become the main Arizona Convention. That was actually my first Con, and I liked it a lot.

... Saboten-Con (http://www.sabotencon.com/)? That's new to me. *Checks website* Halloween weekend? I can't, I've got to stay home and hand out those 2-ft long jumbo Pixy Stix. And AnimeTuCon hasn't announced their weekend down in Tucson (and whether they'll be longer than 24 hours -- I'm not driving all the way to Arizona for a 24-hour convention, just can't justify that).

AniZona, Easter Weekend, I can do that. So I'll see a few of you good folks there. Maybe I'll see the rest of you at Xanadu Las Vegas, which is the following weekend?

Harra Arial
02-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Hazel Yes, yes, I'll be there, if you see a girl in a cape, be sure to stop by and say hello~ ((Well, for one day I'll be wearing my cloak, the other, I'll be Dee Vasquez, so look out for a girl in a brown dress and a gold drag-holder. ^^))

Hellsing Agent
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry to read so many bad tidings of Anizona.

My take after reading...

If the Con didn't get off the ground last year and cash is short, setting it up as a 2-Day Con and trying to afford at least 1-2 more guests besides the band would've been more prudent.

Not sure what you can do to be treated better as Volunteers; What would Bands do without their Roadies? Same for Cons & Volunteers. It's possible the 2-day format would've allowed more ideas to be put on that cost min. funds.

From the standpoint of not knowing anyone directly involved with the funding, it sounds like they're so worried about money that it could be causing major fear so they get stoney and distant instead of welcoming input that might even help them out. Just a theory.

Sorry your Con is ailing. Hope fun is had afterall.

Sasodara
02-18-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm going! =3
Probably going to be Sasori mostly. Maybe take out Hidan too... =3

NyuNyu
02-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry; Posting problems.

NyuNyu
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Conventions are supposed to grow and gain more support over the years - AniZona is doing the exact opposite! With a guest like Yoshitaka Amano the first year and no guests this year (except the one band that comes to everything...not really an anime related guest anyway) and having to cancel a year because of poor planning. So many groups and individuals who have positively contributed to AniZona in the past won't volunteer their time or even bother attending for good reason. There is obviously a problem here. I have seen my own friends get mistreated and I was forgotten about as well.

I hope those of you that DO attend AniZona this year have a fun time, because it would be terrible to waste your time and money, but don't expect much. I don't wish AniZona to return next year. The convention is only going to get worse and more people are going to get stepped on. It's nice that so many of you are hopeful for the convention, but sadly the failure just keeps perpetuating. I would rather see something new come up in it's place, and it can happen.

So in short, go if you like; I'm not going to tell you what to do, but please don't disregard the concerns of those who do not support the convention. There are a whole lot of us and with good reason. :) This is coming from someone who considers AniZona 1 pretty much her favorite convention ever...heck it's how I first met a lot of friends and my boyfriend! <3

Tenucha
02-20-2009, 04:37 AM
You can count on me not being there. Anizona will not be getting money from me, even just twenty bucks, to continue this same stupidity. I really hoped this con would pick itself up, but there is little hope for it now. Hitogoroshi, I'd seriously say go to saboten as your fisrt con. Anizona is going to be seriously boring, most of the people who normally volunteer to help cons are not going to help out with this con, so they will be seriously understaffed. The room rate is also higher than other local cons tend to have.

Finch, I'm thinking of holding an anti party, it would be soooo much more fun to hang with me right? XD

There is alot of truth in this.
I will not be attending due to events from the last AniZona.
I will not support the con, those in charge and they will not get a dime form me.
Which is all too bad because I loved AniZona and have fond memories from the first two cons and would love to see this con pick itself up to be the best... unfortunately it will not happen

If you want local cons, go with Phoenix ComiCon or Saboten and deal with the long wait in between (or attend out of state cons).
Someone needs to shoot this horse

chi82
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm back and forth about going. I want to go see it cause I like anything that has to do with anime and any chance I can get to Cosplay ^_^ I'm borderline right now. If I do go though I gotta figure out who I will go as ^_^

Also, instead of bagging on Anizona maybe we could get in touch with the head staff of Anizona and give suggestions on how to make it better or even volunteer. I'm sure they'd be open to suggestions. I've never been to Anizona but I have been to Saboten which was a lot of fun. I think that instead of boycotting the event that people should speak up and let themselves be known rather than let something (especially involving cosplaying (our passion) die.

Tenucha
02-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Despite personal issues with some of the staff, it's sad to see the con going down like this. I loved volunteering and helping out. I miss it.

Same :waaaah:

I'm back and forth about going. I want to go see it cause I like anything that has to do with anime and any chance I can get to Cosplay ^_^ I'm borderline right now. If I do go though I gotta figure out who I will go as ^_^

Also, instead of bagging on Anizona maybe we could get in touch with the head staff of Anizona and give suggestions on how to make it better or even volunteer. I'm sure they'd be open to suggestions. I've never been to Anizona but I have been to Saboten which was a lot of fun. I think that instead of boycotting the event that people should speak up and let themselves be known rather than let something (especially involving cosplaying (our passion) die.

We are not yell YOU to not go.
We are explaining how OURSELF are not attending.
As NyuNyu said on the previous page, she made LOTS of really good points, all of which are so very very true.
Conventions are supposed to grow and gain more support over the years - AniZona is doing the exact opposite! With a guest like Yoshitaka Amano the first year and no guests this year (except the one band that comes to everything...not really an anime related guest anyway) and having to cancel a year because of poor planning. So many groups and individuals who have positively contributed to AniZona in the past won't volunteer their time or even bother attending for good reason. There is obviously a problem here. I have seen my own friends get mistreated and I was forgotten about as well.

I hope those of you that DO attend AniZona this year have a fun time, because it would be terrible to waste your time and money, but don't expect much. I don't wish AniZona to return next year. The convention is only going to get worse and more people are going to get stepped on. It's nice that so many of you are hopeful for the convention, but sadly the failure just keeps perpetuating. I would rather see something new come up in it's place, and it can happen.

So in short, go if you like; I'm not going to tell you what to do, but please don't disregard the concerns of those who do not support the convention. There are a whole lot of us and with good reason. :) This is coming from someone who considers AniZona 1 pretty much her favorite convention ever...heck it's how I first met a lot of friends and my boyfriend! <3
I very much agree with her.
If you want to go, then go! Have fun! Make it the best you can! Meet new people with similar interests and display your new cosplay!

However, your suggestion about getting in contact with headstaff has already been discussed over and over again. Usako Haneino who credited her self as the "AniZona Diary" and was head of a few programs already said on the previous page how she was treated by those with more power than her... and she was STAFF!
Even some of the Guests of Honor in 2007 invited by the con... voice actors and panelists... broke up the "Con Bitch Season" which is held at the end of every con after Closing Ceremonies (aimed to discuss improvements for the next year) to have a private one-on-one piece of there mind with those in charge... and obviously all the above mentioned who tried... there words, suggestions, pleas and anger about mistreatment have fallen on deaf ears.
I was but a mere peon volunteer and thats exactly how I was treated... I got peed on.
I have volunteered at most of these local cons starting with AniZona 1 so its not like I was new to the position.
We're fighting a loosing battle in this and most of us have come to realize this over the last year or so.

BUT! The con is going on and, as I said above... Go if you want to!
I do know of a handful of people that are and I over heard a few at the Matsuri Festival this past weekend state they would also be attending.
Just know that the bulk of the population who attend these local cons will not be there but will be at Saboten Con in the fall.
Make the best out of a con with no guests and just make your own fun and enjoy your cosplay and photographing!

chi82
02-24-2009, 05:10 PM
My apologies. I just feel passionate about it and to hear people talking about it saying it was the worst really gets my goat. It's justified though and if peoples pleas and suggestions were falling on deaf ears then maybe, just maybe it wasn't meant to go on. Arizona needs these though. Yeah, Cali has bigger better ones but if we put our name on the map we can have bigger and better ones too. I love cosplaying but I don't want to go to Cali every time to do something I could've done here in AZ.

I apologize for arguing a point I had no backing on. Like I said I'm just passionate about it and don't want to see it die out. I know we get other anime cons but it'd be nice if all of them ran strong.

It just took anime a good while to catch on in the US and I don't want it going out. I know tons of people who like/love anime so I highly doubt it's going out soon but it would be nice to have more cons and more people attending them (and more hosts listening to the fans) to make it more popular.

All in all please accept my apology for being rude. I didn't mean to be.

Summoner Lenne
02-24-2009, 10:06 PM
You weren't rude dearie. They were the rude ones. Don't apologize. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but the ones venting about, THIS CON IS TERRIBLE DON'T SUPPORT IT BLAH BLAH BLAH... ya, a bit more rude. -_-

Tenucha
02-25-2009, 02:22 AM
... I wonder if you really have read what anybody has been saying

chi82
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Well like you said Summoner Lenne everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I said my opinion and others have stated theirs. It's all about experiences you have. I take peoples words to heart but I also am curious to have my own experience to add to the list. Yeah, people have bad experiences and people have good experiences.

I felt like I needed to apologize because I had stated something that people have already done. I admit I had no way of knowing that people tried their best but their pleas fell on deaf ears. I'm sorry to hear that people were ignored or at least felt that way.

I am seriously interested in attending the con but only time will tell. If I do attend though you can bet that I will be back on here writing a critique about it. Cause everyone has their opinions and even if I have to apologize for it, I want to make mine know too. ^_^ Chi!

NyuNyu
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
You weren't rude dearie. They were the rude ones. Don't apologize. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but the ones venting about, THIS CON IS TERRIBLE DON'T SUPPORT IT BLAH BLAH BLAH... ya, a bit more rude. -_-

Personally, I think comparing people to Nazis is pretty rude. ;p

Summoner Lenne
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm not denying that I haven't been rude here- my last response certainly was, and the nazi comparison was more than a little over the top- and I shouldn't have been, but everyone is allowed to state their opinions. That means, yes, everyone's allowed to state why they hate this con, which many have more than once, but people are also allowed to defend it. Don't jump on her because she doesn't want to enter the whining game.

So yes, I've read this whole topic. And I've never been to Anizona, so I really can't comment on how bad it is- and for all intents and purposes it does sound like it is. But I still don't like the general attitude in this entire thread- shoot me for wanting to be supportive of things- and when I saw people ganging up on someone for giving a different opinion (I. E., a positive one) well, I was definitely rude back.

So I'm sorry about being rude, and I'm going to stop commenting in this thread because I really have nothing to add to it. I'm not going to Anizona or have ever. I still wish it the best of luck though, and if it dies; well it dies.

DeathByCosplay
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Despite what everyone has said about it, I intend on going and making the best of it. Just seeing cosplayers running around makes me happy. My friends and I are debuting our Axel, Marluxia, and Raven (Teen Titans) cosplay here so we are not passing it up and waiting for Saboten con. -_-

chi82
03-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Well that's awesome to hear! If I go I will look for Axel, Raven & Marluxia running about. ^_^ Woo kindred spirits! LOL

I'd like to make an outfit but I don't know who to be...not too many attractive characters I could be being as chunky munkey as I am...hmm...

Khiorii
03-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah! Wow, that far of a drive? Where are you guys at anyway?
We're up in the northwestern part of AZ ;)

...This is coming from someone who considers AniZona 1 pretty much her favorite convention ever...heck it's how I first met a lot of friends and my boyfriend! <3
LOL Yes Anizona 1 was quite memorable. That was our groups first convention (though it was only 3 of us back then). We're looking forward to enjoying Anizona while its here. :)

Anyone else going as Clamp characters?

DeathByCosplay
03-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Chi82- Yeah! Make sure you come say hi! :D

Oh wow. Khiorii, I saw a video of your baby and you at the Masquerade Contest at one of the Anizonas. Your baby is SO cute! :D Adorable Chocoboooo~ <3

Frank_Castle
03-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Wow! So many people who share the same negative feelings for AniZona as I do.

This is the last AniZona convention and I'm glad to hear it.
They don't help improve the state's Anime community as a whole.

There's a reason there's so many negative comments about AniZona on Arizona local forums such as:
Phoenix ComiCon
Saboten-Con Anime Con
AZHP
AniZona
and here on Cosplay.com

Individuals and Groups that refuse to do AniZona 2009:
Anthony Grutta (Creator of AniZona)
Greg Ayres (Guest of Honor @ AniZona 3)
Katie Bair (Guest of Honor @ AniZona 1-3)
Jodon Bellofatto (Guest of Honor @ AniZona 1-3)
Midnight Mirage Cosplay (Guests of Honor @ AniZona 3)
AZHP (Ran Gaming Rooms @ Nine of Arizona's Cons including AniZona 3)
AniRave (DJ Music Group @ AniZona 3)
RayRay (DJed @ Five of Arizona's Cons including AniZona 1-3)
Cosplay Zone Productions (Guests of Honor @ AniZona 3)
Elvy and Pansasama (Staff @ AniZona 1-3 including Karoake @ AniZona 3)
Haru to Ashura (Attendee of AniZona 1-3, Cancelled panelist for AniZona 2009)
Panda Cubed (Attendees of AniZona 1-3, Panel specialists @ cons nationwide)
SunaCosu (Arizona Costume Community, Cancelled Iron Cosplay for AniZona 2009)
ASU West Otaku Club Founder Sherri (Cancelled as Chairman of AniZona 2009)
ASU West Otaku Club Former President Kevin (Cancelled as staff of AniZona 2009)
AZHP Founder FrankCastleAZ (Webmaster, Forum Admin and Gaming Director of AniZona 3)
-and many more that choose not to be listed

A few might be wrong, but not this many.

Sorry to be negative about this convention, but there's plenty for the Arizona Anime fans to look forward to in the future with the other conventions and events.

For those of you who do go, I hope you have a good time and it's not a waste of your money.

DeathByCosplay
03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Hmm...there must be a reason why all of these people refuse to go. I hear the staff treat the guests like crap. Is that true? Yeah, I'm still going to go. I can still have fun with friends and meeting new people there. :3

chi82
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
We're up in the northwestern part of AZ ;)

LOL Yes Anizona 1 was quite memorable. That was our groups first convention (though it was only 3 of us back then). We're looking forward to enjoying Anizona while its here. :)

Anyone else going as Clamp characters?

I've been thinking about making a Sumomo outfit from Chobits for Anizona...It may or may not happen LOL ^_^

DeathByCosplay
03-05-2009, 05:56 PM
:D That would be a very cute character to see.

Dark Inuyasha
03-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I will be at Anizona I will be the one in all black. If anyone sees a Inuyasha in black and goth make up thne its me.

Frank_Castle
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Well now there's something else out there for the Anime/Cosplay community to go to on that weekend.
Atomic Comics is running an AnimeFest on that Saturday-
CLICK LINK (http://www.arizonahp.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7525) to jump to flier and details
Many of Arizona's groups that are no longer attending AniZona will be active at this event helping provide a FREE alternative for the people who don't want to go.

DeathByCosplay
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Hmm...that looks like fun. I'll decide after Friday at Anizona if we should skip Saturday Anizona and go to Atomic Comic's AnimeFest. :3

chi82
03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Sounds interesting! ^_^ Why does everything fun have to be on the other side of the world though? LOL I'm in Glendale...

DeathByCosplay
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Dx Ugh, yeah I know. Sooo much driving. X_x Oh well. Its for the cosplay and anime. xD

chi82
03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Well if it's for Cosplay and Anime I'm sure it's well worth it. It's fun being among the people who understand us the most LOL

DeathByCosplay
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Hehe thats true! I think I'll go to that AnimeFest on Saturday, but go to Anizona Friday and Sunday...I think...

Nutmeg
03-20-2009, 01:38 AM
Anizona: Not going. Sorry.
Atomic Fest: Very Likely.

Schell
03-20-2009, 02:40 AM
yep..I'm going..I'm also now apparently running the Naruto Gathering there ^,^; ....so if anyone is going lemme know in PM on here,or.....ya know on the AniZona forums as well >,>; )

Kazukii
03-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Yay! I haven't see ya in forever NutMeg! 8D

marie78
03-24-2009, 03:28 AM
i heard there are no guest, but are there going to be any vendors selling anime merchandise or anything like that?

Hazel Chaz
03-25-2009, 01:34 AM
i heard there are no guest, but are there going to be any vendors selling anime merchandise or anything like that?

Yes. I don't know which ones.

chi82
03-26-2009, 10:48 AM
I believe Samurai Comics is going to be there cause I went to the Anizona website and saw their logo on it. Samurai comics rocks! ^_^

marie78
03-27-2009, 05:31 AM
oh alright thanks!!! yay!! im so excited!!!!

Caelendil
03-31-2009, 06:04 PM
As for Anizona.. I would drive by the hotel to see if anyone was even there, being that I live about.. 10 mins from the hotel. However, I won't be in Arizona this coming weekend, since I'll be up at Sakura-Con in Seattle. It just seems doubtful that Anizona will continue to go on much longer, with it being canceled entirely last year. But, dunno. I will be at Saboten-Con this year, if I get the time off of work.

Dark Inuyasha
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
I will definetly be at Saboten this year. I heard about this Atomic Comic's AnimeFest I might check it out it sounds interesting

RoxyRoo
04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
For anyone going, you should go visit artist's alley and buy stuff from us. XDD

I'll have a table there, selling earrings, keychains, lolita skirts and accessories, poupu fruit plushies, doujinshi, and of course, art prints. :3

The majority of my stuff will be under $10, except for the bigger lolita stuff, which is hard to make.

DeathByCosplay
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Paopu plushies?! O: I'll definately buy one. I NEEEED ONE. D:<

Kazukii
04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
'@ Roxy - Your table sounds cute. XD
It'd totally go just to nab something from your table. Lawl.

nukiuchi
04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
I'll be there! At least for Saturday, because I'm running the panel about traveling in Japan. :)

nekofdoom
04-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Wow! So many people who share the same negative feelings for AniZona as I do.

This is the last AniZona convention and I'm glad to hear it.
They don't help improve the state's Anime community as a whole.

There's a reason there's so many negative comments about AniZona on Arizona local forums such as:
Phoenix ComiCon
Saboten-Con Anime Con
AZHP
AniZona
and here on Cosplay.com

Individuals and Groups that refuse to do AniZona 2009:
Anthony Grutta (Creator of AniZona)
Greg Ayres (Guest of Honor @ AniZona 3)
Jodon Bellofatto (Guest of Honor @ AniZona 1-3)
Midnight Mirage Cosplay (Guests of Honor @ AniZona 3)
AZHP (Ran Gaming Rooms @ Nine of Arizona's Cons including AniZona 3)
AniRave (DJ Music Group @ AniZona 3)
RayRay (DJed @ Five of Arizona's Cons including AniZona 1-3)
Cosplay Zone Productions (Guests of Honor @ AniZona 3)
Elvy and Pansasama (Staff @ AniZona 1-3 including Karoake @ AniZona 3)
Haru to Ashura (Attendee of AniZona 1-3, Cancelled panelist for AniZona 2009)
Panda Cubed (Attendees of AniZona 1-3, Panel specialists @ cons nationwide)
SunaCosu (Arizona Costume Community, Cancelled Iron Cosplay for AniZona 2009)
ASU West Otaku Club Founder Sherri (Cancelled as Chairman of AniZona 2009)
ASU West Otaku Club Former President Kevin (Cancelled as staff of AniZona 2009)
AZHP Founder FrankCastleAZ (Webmaster, Forum Admin and Gaming Director of AniZona 3)
-and many more that choose not to be listed

A few might be wrong, but not this many.

Sorry to be negative about this convention, but there's plenty for the Arizona Anime fans to look forward to in the future with the other conventions and events.

For those of you who do go, I hope you have a good time and it's not a waste of your money.

Ok some corrections here next time please check don't just post.

Jodon Bellofatto (Guest of Honor @ AniZona 1-3) they actually contacted me recently and wehad a nice talk in fact they have no clue why people are saying they don't want to come back.

Cosplay Zone Productions (Guests of Honor @ AniZona 3) Again actually check the website they are with us full force and have never been against us in fact they love everyone.

ASU West Otaku Club Former President Kevin (Cancelled as staff of AniZona 2009) um my roommate and is still going to ANizona

ASU West Otaku Club Founder Sherri (Cancelled as Chairman of AniZona 2009)you know stepping down to plan a wedding which is a little more important. Really Check your info and find out why before you post stuff.

I will be honest I am head of programming and seriously Me and CosplayZone have stayed up many hrs trying to at lest make this fun. I will also say wither you go to this con or any other con really it should be about having fun and enjoying yourself and nothing else.THank YOu enjoy

shinigamihaku
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
This is Kyla Mills, also known around the community as Rayne. I have worked with Anizona for the last five years in varying degrees of responsibility. One of those even being the chairman. I have watched everything behind the scenes as they went down. I understand that yes Anizona 2 and 3 were not the best and Anizona 4 was canceled. But I also know all the reasons for all of it.

People are entitled to their own opinions, but hopefully they are fully informed of everything involved.

Also.... I don't see what the big deal is. This is AniZona's LAST YEAR. Why not just let it be and go down quietly. Why try and sabotage something that is already not going to be there to bug you anymore?

Now Frank, I know you have a personal vendetta against Stephanie and anything she has her hands on but your actions are seeming very pitiful even though you feel justified. Just please remember there is a difference between badmouthing one person, and badmouthing the company they work for just cause you don't like them.

Now I generally like you and all of your crew but you are starting to get on my nerves with your actions against the convention, just cause you feel justified in your anger with Stephanie, who just happens to work for said convention.

So please don't be mad when I take anything you say against them or post against the companies or the convention with a grain of salt.

I would have thought that you might have learned to play nice while dealing business with others. But I guess not.

I will be at Anizona, as I have been since it began. I will enjoy myself as I cosplay and hang out with my friends and hold panels. I will cry when it is over because Anizona has surrounded some of the best times in the last five years for me and I will be sad to see it go. Others may not feel this way. But honestly, I don't care. Conventions are there so the fans can have fun. When it isn't fun anymore then it is time to move on, which is what AniZona is doing. I just hope that some of you may come to see that.

DeathByCosplay
04-03-2009, 06:35 PM
This will be my first and evidently last time attending Anizona. I never got the chance to witness the Anizonas from before...but I've heard equally bad and good things about it. I really don't see how someone could complain so much. I've seen videos on youtube from Anizona and it looks like a great deal of fun. I just want to be around fellow anime/sci fi/video game fans and geek out! I won't let what I've heard about Anizona ruin my time there. I'm very excited for next weekend especially since it will be my first convention cosplaying at. I'm going to have fun, no matter what other people say about Anizona. When you're surrounded by things you love and friends, you can't have a horrible time. :3

nukiuchi
04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Well that sucks, I didn't know it was going to be the LAST Anizona.

Whatever, my hunny and I are going to go and make a good time of it regardless. :) We usually attend a lot of out-of-state cons, so it will be great to meet fellow anime fans locally.

MARVELGIRL67
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
It honestly breaks my heart that this will be the last Anizona.
Anizona was my first anime oriented convention and I had a blast.
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town next weekend, or I would so totally be there.
Screw all the naysayers. Anizona has always been a great place to form lasting friendships and I will miss it dearly.

Harra Arial
04-04-2009, 02:11 PM
RoxyRoo: Aaah~ I'll definetely stop by the Artist's Alley to see you, perhaps Mum'll let me buy something, I'm hoping so, either way, would it be OK with you if I came by and said hello?

Current Discussion

This is the last? That... actually sort of saddens me, from what I've heard, it's been a pretty long-running Convention.

Either way, I'm sad that this will be the last, but at the same time, perhaps it could be instead of an ending for those who support the AniZona and want to see it thriving, perhaps a new beginning instead? I may sound as an idealistic fool, but it wouldn't be such a bad thing that, in a couple of years, some of the AniZona leaders could try their shot at a new sort of Convention? Maybe start small and then work the way up?

Take from this experience, the resentment that others have, and build off of it. Take the wrongs and turn them into rights. Gain someone who is skilled in finances, but also is open to what the fans and congoers want. Mostly, what we need is some new ideas, and some people willing to impliment them.

For example, it kind of saddens me how few Conventions there are in Arizona ((I suppose it could be worse and there be less, but....)) It's not that it's quantity over quality, but it doesn't hurt to have one every few months for the fans to congregate together, dress up, have a good time with each other, it's all well and good, really. It wouldn't hurt that, after the reign of AniZona ends after this last Convention, why not rest for a year or so, and then start to a new Convention? This time, take a lot of ideas from the Con-goers, and tailor it to what they're wanting.

Make it something grand, sort of like how many people liked the first AniZona ((from what I've heard)), make it something that everyone will remember, and then improve each year based on criticisms and ideas.

... Just a thought, really, in truth, as much as I don't want to see a Convention-chain going down, I rather accept that it needs to end, but I really think something else should be able to spring up in its place and be better than before.

~Harra

~~~

Also, an update, which kinda saddens me, my Dee Vasquez Cosplay won't be done, so I'll pretty much be continuing my legacy as Capegirl, if you see me, come say hello? Please? I'll love you forever~

Spence
04-05-2009, 06:20 PM
(Random thing, cuz I'm too lazy to read everything XD )

For those actually going to Anizona, there's going to be a Kuroshitsuji gathering at 12:30pm on Saturday in the hotel lobby AND a Axis Powers Hetalia Gathering the same day and the same place at 6:00pm (due to schedules of others)

hope to see you there! ;D

cutiehuggiebear
04-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I AM GOING~~

Narunarucosplay members are going except Itachi and the tecnical/camerawoman Tessa

Sasuke is going!

~~Naru~~

Ayana4418
04-06-2009, 10:12 PM
This will be my first convention. I'm sad to hear that it's the last AniZona. I didn't know that... *tear*
I worked so hard on my costumes and I want to have a good time. (Definitely buying a paopu plushie from RoxyRoo)
Anyway, if you see a little girl laughing and smiling, you'll know I had a good time. :3

DeathByCosplay
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Ayana, who will you be going as?

DeathByCosplay
04-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Kingdom Hearts Gathering at AniZona!
Where: Behind pool in grassy area at Embassy Suites (AniZona)
When: 11:00 - noon, Friday AND 1:30-3:30, Saturday

Be sure to come! We want to meet all Kingdom Hearts cosplayers!

~Axel

Red Comet
04-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Hmmm... Sorry to hear that AniZona's been having problems, and also sorry to hear that this will be the final AniZona convention. I was hoping it would get better rather than die out.
I for one will be at the Anime Fest at Atomic Comics on Saturday... But that's mainly because I want to be at home on Easter Sunday and AniZona is not selling one-day passes... just full weekend passes.
I was only at AniZona 2007, but I thought it was an enjoyable con. Had some events moved around and some events cancelled, but you have to expect some of that at anime conventions. I hope the attendees of the upcoming AniZona enjoy themselves.

Sir_Weller
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I'll be going to both Anizona and the AC Fest on Saturday.

Not sure which costumes I'm bringing yet though~

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Sir Weller, you have a reallllly good Seifer cosplay. ;D

Sir_Weller
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Why thank you~

I'm hoping I'll have time to touch it up a bit for the con :B

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Why thank you~

I'm hoping I'll have time to touch it up a bit for the con :B

Oh, are you planning on attending AniZona as Seifer?

Sir_Weller
04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh, are you planning on attending AniZona as Seifer?

If I can fix it up in time yes~

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 09:03 PM
If I can fix it up in time yes~

That would be really really cool. x3 If you do, there will be a Kingdom Hearts meet up on Friday, 11:00-noon and 1:30-3:30 on Saturday. I'm sure everyone would love to see Seifer! I know I would.

Sir_Weller
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
That would be really really cool. x3 If you do, there will be a Kingdom Hearts meet up on Friday, 11:00-noon and 1:30-3:30 on Saturday. I'm sure everyone would love to see Seifer! I know I would.

I might be at the AC Fest on Saturday. I'm hoping I can get to the con early enough on Friday but since I have to pick some people up it's pretty iffy D:

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I might be at the AC Fest on Saturday. I'm hoping I can get to the con early enough on Friday but since I have to pick some people up it's pretty iffy D:

Hmm...okay. Dx Even if you're not able to make the gathering, AniZona isn't SO huge that I won't be able to spot you at some point on Friday. If I do, I'll run up. :D To be honest, my cosplay group and I have been trying to get a Twilight Town group together for a music video. So we're trying to find everyone...-laughs- So far, we don't have anyone. But I'm sure I'll find at least a Roxas or Namine or someone at AniZona. I don't know if you'd be interested or not...but if you are, when I see you at AniZona, I can give you a "business card" one of my group member's made. It will have our contact info on it. ^_^ So that way, when it comes time to make the music video, we could contact you. xD Aha, I'm just saying this now because we're trying to find people and you happen to be a Seifer. :B

Sir_Weller
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Hmm...okay. Dx Even if you're not able to make the gathering, AniZona isn't SO huge that I won't be able to spot you at some point on Friday. If I do, I'll run up. :D To be honest, my cosplay group and I have been trying to get a Twilight Town group together for a music video. So we're trying to find everyone...-laughs- So far, we don't have anyone. But I'm sure I'll find at least a Roxas or Namine or someone at AniZona. I don't know if you'd be interested or not...but if you are, when I see you at AniZona, I can give you a "business card" one of my group member's made. It will have our contact info on it. ^_^ So that way, when it comes time to make the music video, we could contact you. xD Aha, I'm just saying this now because we're trying to find people and you happen to be a Seifer. :B

I might be interested.

I know of some Twilight Town cosplayers in Az [a Seifer, Hayner and Olette]. They are friends with someone who cosplays that one kid with the red shirt...I forgot his name -_-

I'm not sure if they are going to Anizona or not but I can always give the card information to them.

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I might be interested.

I know of some Twilight Town cosplayers in Az [a Seifer, Hayner and Olette]. They are friends with someone who cosplays that one kid with the red shirt...I forgot his name -_-

I'm not sure if they are going to Anizona or not but I can always give the card information to them.

That would be really awesome. :'D Oh, Pence? I saw a Pence, Olette, Hayner, Seifer, Fuu, and Rai at PCC.

marie78
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
:waaaah: there are no more tickets!

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
:waaaah: there are no more tickets!

O: You haven't bought them yet?! Aw crap....ummm, no guarentees, but you might be able to get one at the door at AniZona for a higher price.

Shallon
04-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I was looking forward to go to this con (because I just moved to phoenix) but after reading the bad comments about it going down hill... I can't say I excited about going anymore. Does anyone know by any chance what time is good to go?

DeathByCosplay
04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I was looking forward to go to this con (because I just moved to phoenix) but after reading the bad comments about it going down hill... I can't say I excited about going anymore. Does anyone know by any chance what time is good to go?

Now, I wouldn't let bad comments get you down. AniZona is still going to be fun, so don't worry. Only picky people don't like AniZona. :3 Saturday is definately the biggest day, I'd say. If you'd like to check what events you would like to attend, check out the AniZona Grid (http://forums.anizona.org/index.php?topic=2967.0).

Sir_Weller
04-09-2009, 12:28 AM
DeathByCosplay: Yep that was them. The Hayner used to be my roommate :F

Shallon: There is alot of drama revolving around Anizona. It probably won't be amazing but there won't be another Az con until October. There will be an AC Fest [similar to a mini con] on the same Saturday of the con [again has to do with drama] if you'd like to go to that for free.

Hazel Chaz
04-09-2009, 02:02 AM
They've reached their membership cap. No more memberships available, now or at the door.

Also, I just noticed the Masquerade is Friday at 7:00 pm. Interesting!

Sailor Phoenix
04-09-2009, 03:31 AM
I know a lot of people are sad right now because the con is at its cap. But remember there are other events going on this weekend and for the next few weekends.

Costumer's BBQ Mixer
http://forum.sabotencon.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1189

Arizona Asian Festival
http://forum.sabotencon.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1212

and the animefest of course
http://forum.sabotencon.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1191

DeathByCosplay
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Sir Weller: Ahh thats really cool! :3

Hazel Chaz: Yep, its different. I would have expected it to be on Saturday.

Sailor Phoenix: Wow, quite a few events...I didn't know about those first two.

NekoMimi16
04-09-2009, 05:42 PM
I'll be there...err here. I'm writing this from the hotel. ^^ I'm looking forward to it despite the comments and such.

Kazukii
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
You can still attend even if it's at it's cap, just can't go to the indoor events. ^^

DeathByCosplay
04-09-2009, 06:32 PM
You can still attend even if it's at it's cap, just can't go to the indoor events. ^^

Thats what I thought. :B

Ayana4418
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Ayana, who will you be going as?

Oh, I'm going as Larxene on Friday and Saturday, and then Kairi on Sunday. ;) I worked really hard, I hope you like them! See you....tomorrow, I guess! ^_^ At the gathering!

DeathByCosplay
04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Wow...that was so much fun. I'm so sad its over. I made so many friends. <3

Harra Arial
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I had a grand time as well, honestly, bad reputation or not, I had way too much fun, everyone was so kind to me and everything~ <33

DeathByCosplay
04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I cried...a lot, when I got home. Held it when I said good bye but when I got home...eghhhh! I can't believe it ended so quickly...I guess when you're having fun, time really does fly.

Harra Arial
04-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh man, I would have cried, likely, but I was far too tired to cry. XD

But ja, no kidding, it went by WAY too fast, and it's already got me in hopes for the next Convention, being Saboten.

You know, even though there's a bad rep, I really DID have a lot of fun at AniZona, I hope the people in charge can someday be able to recuperate and bring abour another Con, bad rep or not, they did really good this year.

jaiitup
04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm kind of surprised myself on how good it went. I personally was not able to go due to me being in Iraq. I'm glad it went well, if i wasn't here, I probably would have went. I like to support all Arizona event, especially the one that have to do with anime. I'll be back by Saboten though.

Hazel Chaz
04-15-2009, 01:42 AM
My photos are here:
http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2009/pix6856.htm

I've only got about a third of them captioned. If I snapped your picture, you can send me a caption update. Just click on the thumbnail to get the big viewing-size image and scroll down to the fill-in form.

I'll be writing my thoughts about the convention on my LJ real soon now.

-Chaz

jounink
04-17-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm kind of surprised myself on how good it went. I personally was not able to go due to me being in Iraq. I'm glad it went well, if i wasn't here, I probably would have went. I like to support all Arizona event, especially the one that have to do with anime. I'll be back by Saboten though.

I thought it went well too! This was my first con actually cosplaying. I went as Yoruichi from Bleach and got alot of good ego boosting comments on what a good job i did! :P Sorry about your Iraq suckfest. I was there too from 2006-2007....IT.WAS.LAME! Anywho check out my pics and tell me what you think!