PDA

View Full Version : Weather?

petitemusu
07-21-2003, 12:42 AM
So what's the weather during that time of year? I've seen skimpy costumes and then some with lots of layers that have to be really hot unless the temp was nice. I know a lot of times this doesn't matter to some cosplayers and they wear whatever they want whenever, but I'm super temperature sensitive so I just wanted to know ^_^

Also I heard someone say it was located in a desert?? The pictures never make it look like such >_>

Thank you!!

AM Chair
07-21-2003, 01:50 AM
The weather is perfect for cosplaying! The high desert temps in early October still favor the upper 80s during the day, and it tapers off down to the lower 60s in the evening. Those lower temps favor the cosplay gatherings and the masquerade when people are really dressed out and need the cool air. Skimpy in the day, buttoned up in armor at night, its all good. And those green leafy surroundings are quite surprising after seeing scrub and mesquite trees on the way up.
Revell

Mink
07-21-2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah I just wore skimpy during the day and more clothed cosplays at night and I had a wonderful time. Its in such a nice location, I dont see why everyone is worried....

Rey-Rey
07-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Hot because Rey-Rey is there. >=D

Woof. >=D Meat, cheese, meat, cheese. >=D

petitemusu
07-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Revell - That's great! I travel to Arizona a lot and when I heard desert I freaked :p I really dislike the hot temps...AM = a desert oasis :D

Mink - Like I said in my 1st letter I'm very climate sensitive (especially to heat) so I needed to know because AM has so much outdoor stuff. I'm really excited about it and not really worried :)

Rey-Rey - I'll keep that in mind :cool:

Mandy Mitchell
07-21-2003, 06:58 PM
The weather is picture perfect that time of the year in SoCal!

AM Chair
07-22-2003, 12:11 AM
Yeah, Rey-Rey is hot, so you might want to stay away from him if heat disagrees you. He's dual climate too: gets cold stares from Jean!:D

Rey-Rey
07-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AM Chair
Yeah, We have THE Filipino Scott McNeil!!!

Hmmmmm? Last time I heard it, he was the Canadian Rey-Rey. >=D

Woof. >=D Rey-Rey Is Fundamental. >=D

petitemusu
07-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone for being so helpful ^_^ I'll remember all the hints and such that are given. So excited! :)