PDA

View Full Version : General Schedule of Events

stardust462
12-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I'll be attending Costume Con for the first time this year, and I was wondering what time events started on Friday, and what time they ended on Monday. I'll be going with my mom and we're need to figure out travel details soon.

Thanks!

Gravely
12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Panels and lectures run from friday noon, till monday 2 or 3,

Single Pattern contest is run as part of the friday night social ( open party)

Science Fiction/Fantasy Masquerade is Saturday night

Future Fashion Show is Late morning/early afternoon Sunday

Historical Masquerade is Sunday night

dealers room open 3pm friday till 6pm sunday

LadyoftheThread
12-23-2008, 09:53 PM
I should work on travel planning, too, so this is helpful to know. :-) So, there are still panels on Monday? When the dates got shortened to May 1-3, I assumed there wouldn't be any Monday activities.

Gravely
12-24-2008, 01:13 AM
there will be a limited amount, but yes, there is programming on monday. with the historical running so late sunday, we figured there would still be plenty of folks around monday who might want to do stuff.
also, I believe there will be local field trips starting to be planned for monday.

Buddycat
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM
When will we start hearing about an actual panel line up? I'd like to volunteer to do some.

Gravely
01-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Anyone who is interested in being on a panel, should go to the website and email either of our programming dept heads, Sharon Landrum, or Faith Baker.
Also, there is a questioner about what panels you'd like to see that you can print out and mail in.
I don't expect to have a published program list finalized till about a month before the con.
So folks wanting to attend or be on something specific need to be proactive and work with the programming department.

Kaijugal
01-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Buddycat! :) Hi All! :)
The programming form is available here: http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/pub/CC27survey.pdf (http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/pub/CC27survey.pdf) ,
also there is a hard copy coming with your snailmail progress report. :)

Cheers!
~Kaijugal :)

Gravely
01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Right you are Kaijugal. Thanks for all your help on the PR, and thanks for letting me turn you from house guest into concom LOL
The PR will go out monday the 12th to existing members, and after that it will be included with the folio for new members as they sign up.

trixyloupwolf
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
hey!
will it have fantaisie make up panel or event thingy ^^????

ya iam very impatiente to knoww all ^^^;; hehe

will theyr be contest game ( like fait moi un dessin or any game ?)
i love game ^^;; hehe!

i so whant to know more ^^
theyre so aonly a few stuff at a time that leek out from you guys ^^;;
hehe!

hug!

trixy

Koumori
01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
hey!
will theyr be contest game ( like fait moi un dessin or any game ?)
i love game ^^;; hehe!

i so whant to know more ^^
theyre so aonly a few stuff at a time that leek out from you guys ^^;;
hehe!

I would not expect to see game shows like you are used to at anime conventions, no.

trixyloupwolf
01-18-2009, 03:38 AM
i know but like anyu other kind of game or something ^^;;
they surely not only panel people have fun with ^^;;

Koumori
01-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I would not expect to see games as an official part of the proceedings. There will be panels, workshops, competitions, and social events like the evening socials and meetups for, say, dollmakers, quilters, etc. The focus of this convention is really on the making and wearing of costume; don't expect it to be run like an anime con.

trixyloupwolf
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
=_= laisse faire =_=
tu comprend pas ma question desole de parler francais =_=

meme si c est une convention je sais inevitablement que sa sera pas pareil a un truc d anime jlai compris depuis longtemp mais tu ne fais que me repeter dans tes 2 post la meme choses =_= jsuis pas axe sur l anime only la ..........

bref!
les gens fon quoi au party !!!

il y as des panel sur les costume cool ^^ jai hate
mais surement pas juste sa ^o^

bon ben dodo pour moi ^^;; ye tard

a plus!

Ironhill
02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
This is my first Costumecon and I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. Does anyone know what the policy is for video taping the masquades? At Otakon and some other anime cons taping is not allowed while at some SciFi cons like Balticon and Worldcon they tape the masquade and sell DVD's of it on the last day. Just wondering if I should pack the camera of not.

AuroraCeleste
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
There are usually DVDs for sale, usually a day later or preorder at the con and mailed to you a few weeks later. I don't know if videotaping the masques will be allowed, I think it depends on this year's planning committee.

Ironhill
02-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks!

As long as they are selling DVDs I won't worry about taping the masquades.

AnimatedPoison
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Historical Masquerade is Sunday night

Do you have any idea what the time frame for that is going to be-- start/end time guesstimate?

Still debating whether or not to stay until Monday, as it not only conflicts with work but babysitting arrangements would have to then cover school too. :\ Is there going to be any advanced notice of the programming, like a preliminary schedule on the website (subject to last minute change, as always)? Just trying to sort out if there's a compelling reason to stay the extra day.

Gravely
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
both evening masquerades are scheduled to begin at 8:30 pm.

science fiction/fantasy saturday night

historical sunday night

trixyloupwolf
03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
hope its the right place to ask ^^
it in less then a month whouu houu
but
will any update will come out soon ??
like the scedule to planify before we leave her e^^;; hehe
or any panle name
our any other info that would be cool

we still sooo clueless ^^;;

hug!
thanks
trixy

LadyoftheThread
04-06-2009, 01:47 AM
For those who havenít found the Costume Con LiveJournal community, I thought Iíd point out that there have been some good updates posted there recently. :) Among other things, thereís stuff about scheduling for the masquerades, the con suite, and an afternoon tea.

http://community.livejournal.com/costume_con/

And looking over the cosplay.com convention calendar a while back, I noticed Costume Con wasnít listed so I submitted the info. Itís now in the calendar and you can list yourself as attending using the convention planner. ^_^ Right now, the page makes it look like Iím the only person from this site going! LOL

http://www.cosplay.com/event/1597/

CapsuleCorp
04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
THERE'S AN LJ COMMUNITY?!

*goes*

Thank you darling...can't wait to see you out there. :)