PDA

View Full Version : West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval

aznaphrodite
09-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Is anyone planning to cosplay to the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval?

I went last year with a group of friends but they're all out of town this year.

Anyone want to form a group?

Psychotic Jei
09-26-2002, 01:08 AM
The what what whaaaaat. ^_^ I've been down here in SoCal for two years...and I still dont know half the stuff that goes on.

aznaphrodite
09-26-2002, 01:38 PM
It's this big party that happens in West Hollywood every Halloween. All these people come out dressed up and it's known for "freaks". :D

Here's more info about it:
http://www.digitalcity.com/losangeles/entertainment/event.adp?eid=297568

Here's Cosplay Closet's gallery of last year's event:

http://www.y2cosplay.com/SaiyaSightings/WHollywood/WH2001a.html

I went last year. My roommates and I were Jem and the Holograms...

http://www.suzaku.info/cosplay/images/costumes/jem04.jpg

It's fun to just walk around and see all the different costume. There's not that many anime-related costumes but hey, we should go out and support any large event that centers around dressing up! :D

katchoo
09-29-2002, 12:38 AM
Hiya! My friends and I are going to the parade. My boyfriend and I are from Tucson, so we kindof have a link. ^_^ Anyway..it is sooo much fun! I am meeting people at a restaurant, if you want to meet us there that would be cool. I will be the only one in an anime outfit, but all my friends will be dressed in some sort of costume.
love,
katchoo

FlameSniperRei
09-30-2002, 06:17 PM
O.O wow and I work in Hollywood and Didn't even know about this!

katchoo
09-30-2002, 10:32 PM
lol...I went last year for the first time and it was sooooo much fun! But get there early, or else parking can be difficult.

love,
katchoo

L to the 3rd
10-01-2002, 01:38 AM
sounds fun!!! hnmmm!

Lightning Count
10-08-2002, 11:23 PM
OMG!! aznaphrodite, those Jem and the Holograms costumes were hella sweet!!!!!!!! I LUV Jem!! I always wanted to cosplay as Pizzazz!!!

Did people know who you guys were cosplaying?

aznaphrodite
10-09-2002, 01:14 PM
Thanks! Not many people knew exactly who we were. It was mostly, "Oh! Oh! I know who you guys are! I watched that cartoon was I was little!"

Even people who didn't know Jem wanted to take pics with us anyway. I think it was because we were so "truly outrageous"! :D

Actually, none of the costumes were too hard to make. My costume (Jem) was the only one that was made from scratch. The others were made from existing clothing with modifications/additions. Piazzaz's costume was made by adding zebra-print fabric to a red shirt and a black skirt. ;)

Lightning Count
10-09-2002, 02:15 PM
How *Truly Outrages*!!!!!!!!!! I saw a great picture of this cosplayer dressed as Stormer. I think she went in that costume to a convention called Mega-Con (Orlando,FLA)

Let me know if you ever need an extra Jem cosplayer.....hee hee hee!!;)

hellbelle
02-08-2004, 09:08 AM
(wrong person posted)