or talk about costume here
and tease people about your own costume
or about your friend costume
yeah!

its fun talkking with friend aniway ^^
friendly
trixy

ps: i can post a thing i haven start yet =_=
i did not receive the futur book folio either so i can't talk about wicht i choose =_=;;
gomen

some question
-did you start yours
-if yes wicht one (single futur historique etc)
-how many day will you stay
-is its your first time
-do you have any tips for first time person
-

etc.....(out of idea for now ^p^)

RaDragon76
12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
I can't post any pics yet either and probably won't since I'm having computer issues at the moment.

did you start yours- I've started making the patterns for them but haven't gotten very far on even that because of real life issues that keep happening every time I want to get more of a start on things. I swear I'm going to start things this weekend though.

if yes wicht one (single futur historique etc) A couple to wear in the halls and a costume for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy masquerade. I don't have the money this year to do what I wanted for the Historical so it'll have to wait until next year.

how many day will you stay I'm planning on staying for the whole convention with one or two days added in for travel by car.

is its your first time It'll be my third Costume Con. I was one of the winners of the free membership in 2005 and that year happened to be in my hometown. I had such a good time that I decided at the last minute to attend last year even though I wasn't planning on it before then. I always intended to go to the one in Baltimore though.

do you have any tips for first time person This is not like any con you've ever been to before and because it tends to draw an older crowd the pace is a bit different. It's a fun convention though and the costumes are wonderful to look at.

trixyloupwolf
12-26-2008, 01:58 PM
yeah ^^ me all i can post is this ^^
material for my dress ^^
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/trixyloupwolf/animauxnoel003.jpg

Crazy Flower
12-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Did you start yours? Well, I'm waiting for the glue to dry (and the fumes to clear) and I'll be finished with one costume. For Costume-Con, that's one down, and at least 2 to go. I doubt I'm gonna do the Folio, one because there's nothing I love in it, and two, if I did, it probably would already be taken.

If yes which one? Right now, the Single Pattern costume is done. My historical one is going to break me. (20 yards of silk. Yay.) I'm debating bringing down a costume for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy one that I may use later because Anime Boston is later on in the month. Depends on how much space I take up.

How many days will you stay? I haven't got the flight yet, but I plan to come in on Thursday Night, and leave some time Monday afternoon.

Is its your first time? Yep, although I've heard some good things about it from fellow guild members.

Do you have any tips for first timers? Tips would also be helpful for me as well, especially the costume-wearing etiquette. Is everything saved for the stage? How do people dress when going to workshops? Will there be a picture studio?

stardust462
12-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Did you start yours?
Haha, no. I've barely started my Arisia stuff, and that's less than a month away. After that, I'll be starting my Costume Con stuff.

If yes which one?
I will be doing the single pattern costume, and a costume for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy masquerade.

How many days will you stay
I'll be driving down Thursday with my mom, then driving back Monday.

Is it your first time
It is, and I'm wicked excited about it. My mom will be coming with me too, and it will be her first costume con as well.

Do you have any tips for first time person
Since I'm a newbie, no, but I agree with Crazy Flower that tips from others would be awesome :)

trixyloupwolf
12-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Do you have any tips for first time person
Since I'm a newbie, no, but I agree with Crazy Flower that tips from others would be awesome

agree a lot
there not much on their website

no info about the con itself
only some picture and lil info on one or 2 contest
o and hotel and way to go there kind of thing like that ^^
would be nice if some could talk about how it work there
how it is

or anithing ^^;;
hehe
i know theyre a lot of party some friend told me

but other then that
they just say it super cool convention haha!

so iam sure it is fun ^^
but we wanna know more right ^^

can't wait to start my dress^^
dough not yet over working at my job this week =_= silly job (inventory)

LadyoftheThread
12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Did you start yours? I have one costume started and started buying stuff for a second. Iíd like to do a third too but itís not completely decided yet. And Iím expecting to pack some older costumes for wear in the halls.

If yes which one? Iím making an original stained glass fairy costume with this fabric (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/LadyoftheThread/misc/IMG_1528.jpg). The dress is done except for some finishing work but it still needs wings and accessories. I think this one will just be for hall wear.

Iíve started buying things for Ekaterina (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/LadyoftheThread/reference%20pics/ekaterina.jpg) from Le Chevalier Díeon. And I think Iíll most likely make another Count D costume. Iíve been meaning to make his artbook kimono (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/LadyoftheThread/misc/IMG_1463s.jpg) for quite a while but he just got a this outfit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/LadyoftheThread/psoh%20reference/IMG_2533.jpg)in the latest Japanese volume of the Petshop of Horrors sequel, which would work for the ďVampires, Villains, and VixensĒ theme. Or I might end up making something completely different on a whim. XD; Iíd like to do one of the masquerades but still trying to decide on which one.

Iím not planning to do the single pattern contest. Havenít gotten the folio yet since I only registered last week but I doubt Iíll do anything from it with cons crammed so close next year. (Two of the anime cons I regularly attend are within a month and a half after Costume Con. x_x; And since I sew slowly, Iíd want to make anime things I can rewear for those.)

How many days will you stay? Iím thinking Iíll arrive Thursday and leave Monday. Still need to book a hotel room. ^_^;

Is it your first time? Yep, itís always been too far away for me to feasibly attend before.

Do you have any tips for first timers? No since I havenít attended before but advice from people who have would be helpful. :-)

RaDragon76
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Do you have any tips for first timers?[/B] Tips would also be helpful for me as well, especially the costume-wearing etiquette.

Basically it's like any other convention you've been to. Meaning that people wear costumes in the halls almost all the time.

Is everything saved for the stage?

Only costumes that you're entering in the various contests are saved for the stage. In fact it seems to be a standard unspoken rule that you never wear you masquerade costume in the halls prior to the masquerade. Beyond that feel free to wear any other costume in the halls.

How do people dress when going to workshops?

It varies but most people are in costume at workshops unless that workshop is going to be messy for some reason. They normally warn you ahead of time if it is and to wear appropriate clothing to it.

Will there be a picture studio? I can't answer that one for sure since it various from location to location. Might want to contact the con chair for an answer.

@Everyone else: What sort of advice are you looking for?

makotohanabi
12-29-2008, 04:28 PM
-did you start yours
Started it over a year ago, currently embroidering like a madwoman. Bought fabric and notions for 2 others as well.

-if yes wicht one (single futur historique etc)
Working on my F/SF entry, single pattern challenge, and hall costume

-how many day will you stay
Arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Monday afternoon

-is its your first time
yep

-do you have any tips for first time person
Treat it like any other con, have fun, and be extra nice to the people who host room parties.

CapsuleCorp
12-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Okay, JUST wrote out the check so I consider myself official. :D (procrastination is my life)

Did you start yours? AHAHAHAHA...no. Research, yes. Planning, yes. Buying, yes. But starting? I intend to do it this week, but intentions often fall short.

Which one? I'm entering the Scifi/Fantasy one only. I might put something in the Future Fashion show if something catches my eye, which I won't know till my packet gets here.

First time? NOPE! Second. :D

Tips for first-timers? Well, I can't give advice about the competitions since I didn't enter last time, but after watching from the stage, I have to say it's not as intimidating as it sounds. It actually looked like it would be just a good old time. But that was St. Louis, and they run a tight ship there. I expect good things from Gravely's crew, though. For the con overall? It's a bit more laid-back than you might expect from other fandom conventions, but that's not a bad thing. Wear costumes, look at costumes, and bring a notebook because OMG you will find reasons to take notes and use them later to make your costumes!

trixyloupwolf
12-29-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah people are chating ^^
happy ^^

ok dealer room how is it ???

will i want to buy everithing lol!
is there atm amachine
does dealer have interac or master card machine thingy

what near to go eat ^^

can't wait but have too since no costume done yet hehe!

RaDragon76
12-30-2008, 11:23 PM
@CapsuleCorp: Wish I could say the same but I have no money at moment for my badge. :(

Trixy: The dealer's room is a costume oriented one from what I saw the last two Costume Cons meaning it features patterns, trims, beads, costuming books and even costume pieces. I always want to buy a load of things but have never done so because of lack of money mostly.

As for the rest I'm not sure. I'm sure the hotel has an ATM and food places too but I'm not familar with the hotel nor with the area it's located in as I'm not from the Baltimore area.

trixyloupwolf
12-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Trixy: The dealer's room is a costume oriented one from what I saw the last two Costume Cons meaning it features patterns, trims, beads, costuming books and even costume pieces. I always want to buy a load of things but have never done so because of lack of money mostly.

yeah!
that very cool ^^
my kind of market yeah!

omg need to save money then ^^;;;;;

wish they will have book for fantaisie make up that would make my day ^^
^^;; i have many already ^^;; but can never have enough ^^;;

thanks

RaDragon76
01-12-2009, 11:52 AM
One can never have to many books on costuming in my opinion.

I'll need to save up some money too if I can. I've seen stuff at the last few Costume Cons that I really wanted to buy but I didn't have the money for.

trixyloupwolf
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
hehe^^
i have my single costume pattern half done (well a bit more half done(or you prefer half sew)

i like it yet hehe!

do we have to take progress picture ??
or iam mix with the world con one @_@ so lost ^^;;
since not a lot info on those either
no info ^^;;
nya!
i have take a pic of the top hehe
nya!
and you any news anithing
talkl talk talk ^^ hehe!

friendly
trixy

RaDragon76
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I finished patterning out my costume for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy masquerade but then I found more reference pictures that show parts of the costume in more detail then I had before so now I have to make a few adjustments to some of the patterns before I enlarge and cut them out. I'm also starting some repair work on a few hall costumes as well as starting a new hall costume.

CapsuleCorp
01-15-2009, 06:07 PM
OH SUSAN...I have a reference pic for you. Official art of the back. Message me.

I still haven't started...I need one small bit of fabric to begin the underlayer but having just been laid off, I really can't go and buy it. I think this snag in my life is going to mean I can't enter the Future Fashion show, either.

RaDragon76
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the reference pic. It was just what I needed. :)

Gravely
01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Costume-Con has a history of keeping things as a surprise as far as the masquerades go.

I think more people are into sharing when it comes to hall costumes, or for some of the special things like single pattern.

But I can say that, having just come back from Arisia, and signing up a whole bunch of new memberships, that the steam punk craze has hit the east coast hard.

Lots of really cool stuff was walking around up there.

and they also had a steam punk ball, as well as a weird victorian/sideshow type circus as well.

I don't think the costumers from CC are worried about who might copy stuff if they say anything, I just think that the surprise on stage, and the anticipation is all part of the fun.

unless it's a friend that I am helping with something, I would much rather be amazed and surprised when I see them in person.

I have also noticed a flaw in my brain, where a friend tells me what they are working on, and I get a picture of it in my head, imagining what they might be doing, and then, I am not as open to enjoying what it is, when it doesn't match my pre-conceived notion. Sooooo I would rather just be surprised by seeing a friend wearing something, and going

Holey Poop? where'd that come from, that's awesome.

trixyloupwolf
01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
that why it calle a teasing tread ^^
just teasing not revealing all ^^

aniway ^^

who dress in the green room or what lol ^^;;
otherwise you still wlk in front of peopople to go to that green room is it ?? ^^;;

friendly too much questioningly ^^
trixy

Gravely
01-23-2009, 07:26 PM
even better, teasing them by walking past at the last minute going to the green room, you're right. but you can still be sneaky if you want, it's only about 100 feet( 30 meters?) from the elevators for the guest rooms, to the green room.

This is gonna be different than any con you've gone to, but it'll be fun,l promise. or else Kaijugal wouldn't have been working so hard to get all you great new Canadians to come.
heck, as of right now, we have more canadians than californians coming, which I think is her evil plan.

trixyloupwolf
01-23-2009, 08:19 PM
hahaah yeah dfor kaijugal hehe

stilling her away nya hahahaha

well for sure it gonna be diferente i only been to a couple anime one
a couple furry one
and concept

that for sure be a lot diferente and thats really cool ^^ diference make them special even more hehe!

hey you have fantaisi make up store nearby the convention
or even cratf store
i be really interested to go there ^^

nya
friendly
trixy

trixyloupwolf
03-06-2009, 11:52 PM
only a couple week to go
whos haven't start theyr costume ^^;;

i have finish one (minus lil detail)
and still one to go ^^ (but i have the material to do it )
but 0_o so hard to think for the way to make it perfect hhehe ^^;;
nya!

so any news

any update ^^

friendly
trixy
need more teasing hehe

Gravely
03-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, I have it easy this year.
con chair equals no new costumes

so I'll rat out Karen instead. she has finally got all the STUFF for her fashion show found, but hasn't started it yet.

trixyloupwolf
03-08-2009, 03:53 PM
nah! (pull tongue out with a wink ^^)

well we are gona be cuter then hehehe! (ok kind of ^^;;)

can't wait
one moth and something to go p^^
yeah!

sooooooooonnn

ps: is there gonna be a scedule before the con
or we have to go and see what up ???
and decide on the spot ??
hehe^^;;
i like to know some ion advance to decide iam sure its gonna be hard to choose were to go heheheh!

makotohanabi
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Finished painting the lining. Sewing is going slower than I want since I'm still recovering from wisdom teeth surgery.

Hoping everything will be done in time.

LadyoftheThread
04-06-2009, 12:59 AM
I've gotten my vampire costume to go with the theme finished. And I have undergarments for my historical costume but not much else. Lots of sewing left for me to do these next few weeks. :eeek:

trixyloupwolf
04-06-2009, 09:39 PM
cheer cheer ^^
trixy here to cheer ya yup ^^

go people ! go people you can do it ^^

see iam not finish either ^^;;
futur fahion costume is hell soo hard for me ^^;; hehe!
i scrap my tabi boot i was making them myself =_=
because i have too large calf thingy ==_==
so iam making them alone and oups theyre crappy ^^ so i have to re try ^^ hehe!

but here my planning for my costume what left to do ^^
-futur costume
---top part unfinish
---bottom part still the 8 pocket to make ^^
---boots to do again ^^;;

single pattern
---finish the lil skirt base
---add my magic touch to it ^^

normal maskerade dress
---re-using one of my favorite one that was never in a maskerade or any convention yet
hope for it to be a success ^^;;
but if i have tiime i make something new hehe (sooo not happening ^^;;)

doll costume thingy ^^;;
--not start yet hope to have time

well thats enough right ^^ hehe!

o i have my favorite costume that iam bringnign just because i love it so much ^^;;
hina ichigo bear version
i just love it so much ^^;;

well what about you people tell us ^^
we can cheer you on too ^^

hug
friendly
trixy