PDA

View Full Version : can you suggest some manga?

lunasreincarnat
07-21-2003, 10:33 PM
ok my lil bro wants to read more manga... but im not sure waht to let him try... he has read cinderella, invu,love hina,kare kano, rave master, ranma, and angelic layer... out of all of those he really only likes rave master cinderella and love hina... what else do you think he will like. the animes he likes are love hina, read or die, inu yashi, and one peice.

Schala
07-21-2003, 11:30 PM
Hmm... he might like Rurouni Kenshin.

Baka Neko
07-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Those he only read the translated mangas? If so, then I'd suggest Inuyasha, Naruto (when that comes out if it already hasn't XP), One Piece, Shaman King, Chobits (maybe.. depending on the age of your brother) and there are some other ones but I'm too tired to think of them ^^;

lunasreincarnat
07-22-2003, 01:30 AM
hes only 12 he dun like chobits hehe ^.^

Ashurachan
07-22-2003, 02:48 AM
Too bad HunterxHunter hasn't been translated in English... it's the perfect manga for a 12-year-old ^^
Dragon Ball maybe ? (the beginning is very funny)
Hey, I don't know what's been already translated in English in fact... A master list somewhere ?
I approve Shaman King ^^

Hotaru's Sister
07-22-2003, 08:43 AM
Ranma 1/2, Tenchi, Oh My Goddess... Try getting him the first issue of shonen jump.

Nikitsuki
07-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Daaamn... this is tough... otherwise I would suggest some other stuff... What about Kodocha? It deals with a 12 year old girl who's an actress and she has to deal with this punk kid in her class everyday... ^^;; He might like it but then again he might not. Inuyasha, Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Trigun (is that a translated manga?) and possibly GTO...

Ookami05
07-23-2003, 01:49 PM
XD i was gonna suggest kare kano manga. hmm GTO would be good, and the Ragnarok manga.

CHAOS
07-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Gate Keepers is good, to me. King of Hell is just ok.

Faily
07-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Magic Knight Rayearth, Battle Angel Alita... no wait, BAA might be too violent for a 12 year old. ^^;

Well, I highly recommend Magic Knight Rayearth. :)

KulaDiamond
07-25-2003, 03:17 AM
If he likes the anime inu yasha then he should try reading the manga. Magic Knights Rayearth is also a good suggestion.

drake
07-29-2003, 01:38 PM
try Demon Diary! It's awesome goodness!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-29-2003, 01:43 PM
The Big O.... that's a good manga to read for a 12 year old, along with Gatekeepers, Kodocha and King of Bandit Jing...DBZ, Naruto and One Piece are good choices too...

rei_hino
07-29-2003, 02:20 PM
I think Maison Ikkuko and ranma1/2. if he likes inuyasha, he might like these since they are made by the same author. anyone else notice that in all mangas the author makes(i forget her name) all the main characters say "feh"? inuyasha, ranma, yusaku, shippo. . .

also MKR is a good manga. and kodocha. Kodocha is very funny, and they do start out young but its like throughout the books they start to grow a bit older like i forget how old sana starts out but in my book she's 12.

Lady Hikari
07-29-2003, 02:24 PM
I'm going to suggest anything gundam. What pre-teen boy doesn't like big robots shooting at each other? Plus the storylines manage to suck you in everytime. I myself suggest Gundam Wing, since thats was my favorite out of the group.

You might actually want to look into Angel Sanctuary too, but the story might be a little too intense for a twelve year old. Depends how mature he is.