PDA

View Full Version : Perfectionist Characters

Stevie Ray
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm trying to think of some characters that are perfectionist, but I'm not really having any luck. Could you guys help me out in thinking of some.
FYI, I will be using this info for a panel in a upcoming con. Thats all for now.

mini_kitten_o5
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Death the Kidd from Soul Eater. Everything has to be symmetrical for him.

Stevie Ray
01-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Death the Kidd from Soul Eater. Everything has to be symmetrical for him.

Yes is a good idea, I thought about him. He was actually one of the firsts I thought of.

Skull Kid
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
i have one i think, my apologies if they turn out irrelevant, Rock Lee from Naruto, he's always determined to be better than someone else and be perfect at it and seems very "perfectionist" like in his speech.

Arete
01-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Chiri Kitsu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei wants everything to be equal and precise. Her hair's supposed to be curly but she straightened it and parts it equally in the center; and I remember in one of the episodes she frets over one of her classmate's socks not being as high as the other one. And she could get pretty violent and scary if things don't go according to plan.

Stevie Ray
01-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Chiri Kitsu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei wants everything to be equal and precise. Her hair's supposed to be curly but she straightened it and parts it equally in the center; and I remember in one of the episodes she frets over one of her classmate's socks not being as high as the other one. And she could get pretty violent and scary if things don't go according to plan.

Oh, I completely forgot about her. Thanks.

Aikoh
01-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Chiaki Shinichi from Nodame Cantabile is somewhat of a perfectionist. His character development towards the end of the first season and throughout the Paris season has encouraged him to loosen up, but in the beginning, he was incredibly picky about music and he wanted everyone to play exactly as he wanted to the point where there was no room for the musicians in the orchestras he conducted to express themselves in any way, shape, or form. He would criticize everyone for the littlest thing, from very noticeable mistakes such as notes and dynamics, to the littlest thing like even being a hair out of tune, and he could pinpoint exactly who was doing it, too. The S Orchestra hated him for this at first, but he was able to overcome it with the help of Stresseman, and they wound up adoring him. He's even loosened up on Nodame, whom he also used to scream at often for her sloppy piano playing.

Lady Saru
01-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Franziska von Karma from the Ace Attorney series. She makes constant remarks about how she's never lost a case, that "a von Karma's logic is perfect", that she has perfect cases (which you end up destroying anyway), and gets furious when you beat her (once whipping Phoenix into unconsciousness). She also makes a remark after the Matt Engarde case (which you lose) about you not having a perfect win record anymore, and when you tell her it doesn't really matter, she throws down her whip in disgust, an action which (according to Edgeworth) means "I will never set foot in a courtroom again." She says that she must live up to everyone's expectations, and is quite hard on herself so that she can be so "perfect".

Tia
01-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Noa from Kiba. He is very obsessed with surpassing his best friend Zed's power and for a long time in the series he is obsessed with 'ultimate rules' that govern people in Neotopia.

Seiya Kou from Sailor Stars. He makes many comments about wanting to perfect himself, and becomes a pretty big workaholic in order to improve himself.

Sylia from Bubblegum Crisis is obsessed with the perfection of physical bodies. She's always obsessing over the other girls in her group and trying to dress up Linna who doesn't like girly things. I might just be thinking of BGC 2040, though, sorry if that's not true for the original it's been a while since I've watched it.

Lovefromwcu
01-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Kyouya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club might be what you're looking for. He's not quite so obsessive as the aforementioned ones, but he is definitely meticulous and tries to perfect everything he can, even making up for the other members' shortcomings to turn them into profit.

If you're branching into games, many characters from the Shin Megami Tensei series would fit the bill. Describing them all here would be impossible, but one that is a prime example is Chiaki from Nocturne (SMT 3). She lives by "survival of the fittest", even going so far as to want to make a new world with that as the main law of society.

nyappyfebreze
01-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Hmm I think Franziska von Karma is a self-perfectionist and the others sound like...wanting everything else to be perfect.

Another example of a self-perfectionist is Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji...even when people are shooting at him he makes sure not to break a plate or drop a dessert... but that could just be more that he is one hell of a demon butler. :3

Etsu
01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Yukino Miyazawa and Soichiro Arima from Kare Kano - This series is about 2 perfectionists. Yukino creates the facade of the model student and will go out of her way to make sure none of her classmates see her relaxed sloppy self on weekends. Arima will stop at nothing to be perfect and make it seem natural.

George from Paradise Kiss - I would argue that all fashion designers are perfectionists in a way. However, George takes it pretty far with hand painting roses, forcing Isabella to give up her precious bead collection, and orchestrating Yukari's kidnapping so that she could be their model.

Kenmichi
01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Chiaki Shinichi from Nodame Cantabile is somewhat of a perfectionist. His character development towards the end of the first season and throughout the Paris season has encouraged him to loosen up, but in the beginning, he was incredibly picky about music and he wanted everyone to play exactly as he wanted to the point where there was no room for the musicians in the orchestras he conducted to express themselves in any way, shape, or form. He would criticize everyone for the littlest thing, from very noticeable mistakes such as notes and dynamics, to the littlest thing like even being a hair out of tune, and he could pinpoint exactly who was doing it, too. The S Orchestra hated him for this at first, but he was able to overcome it with the help of Stresseman, and they wound up adoring him. He's even loosened up on Nodame, whom he also used to scream at often for her sloppy piano playing.

That's a really good suggestion, for pretty much all of season one he was the complete definition of a perfectionist, and even now still is to an extent. Only downside to cosplaying as Chiaki his outfit sorta blends in with normal everyday wear. Still, a good suggestion!

Kill-4-Pretzels
01-07-2009, 02:10 AM

she is the ultimate perfectionist, lol

Winry
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes is a good idea, I thought about him. He was actually one of the firsts I thought of.

Me too. XD Actually, beside Kyouya(Host Club) he's the only other 'perfectionist' character I could think of. I guess I don't watch a lot of anime with perfectionist characters in them. O:

RedSonya
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender. Major perfectionist.
I can suggest Zhang He from Dynasty Warriors or Yumichikawa from Bleach, but I think they are more obsessed with their beauty rather than perfection. But its ties in because themselves must be perfect.