PDA

View Full Version : TTGL Yoko Rintona: Sniper Rifle help

Bunnie-Fu
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Hello everyone! I'm in the process of making a Yoko Rintona costume from the ever so popular Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I have the costume made and am here to ask for some help on her mighty sniper rifle. I need to have it done by the end of February. I've never really made any props before so this is going to be an experience for me. I think I'll be able to handle it for the most part if.

All I really am asking for is kinda a bit of instructions on how to go about putting it together. Also the materials that I will need to get this project started.

Any help, ideas, and instructions will be of great help for me! Thank you very much! <3

Kenmichi
01-04-2009, 12:30 AM
I've been working on this rifle the past couple days for a friend of mine and I've made most of it out of wood and PVC. I chose wood because it's easy to work with, plentiful around my garage, and I know how to work with wood. For a long and large prop like this I recommend using poplar as it's light, sands very nicely, durable, and relatively inexpensive.

I've been working on this prop bit by bit, I had no real instructions in mind when I began. I simply drew out a picture to work off of and looked at many reference pictures from different angles. Unfortunately a lot of ideas ended up falling apart or not working at all. However, I came across this tutorial that came out quite nicely and the author is quite the woodsmith himself so combining my ideas with his have really made a nice rifle. Although to use this tutorial as accurately as possible you need some pretty heavy duty equipment. Though it's probably the best tutorial for her rifle on the internet.

http://mydumbprojects.blogspot.com/2008_10_26_archive.html

StrawberrySiren
01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
hey-o!
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=157241

i find that tutorial very good. now, i've never made one myself, but i feel this tutorial is just pretty basic.