PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Fashion Show 2009-Accepting Submissions!

Meiki
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry to say that the fashion show plans fell through. I will still be running the EGL Panel if anyone is interested, but the fashion show was just too much to handle. Thanks everyone for their submissions!

Fallain
01-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Wow thats cool, I'll be submitting some visual kei defendantly.

But when you say traditional, does that mean kimono? Or modern school uniforms?

Meiki
01-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow thats cool, I'll be submitting some visual kei defendantly.

But when you say traditional, does that mean kimono? Or modern school uniforms?

Good to hear!

Definitely kimono, I think it'd be interesting to see the contrast.

Fallain
01-07-2009, 04:37 PM
great ^-^ In that case I might have 2 submissions. I'm just waiting to get the new legwarmers/skirt I just ordered in to take pictures and then i'll send in my submission.

Arigato!

otaku_ken
01-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Crap, i need to get finish my outfit then.

Aderyn
01-18-2009, 11:41 PM
For tradtional outfits, I was wondering if you'd take kendo uniforms. Granted, it's not street fashion or as traditional as kimono or yukata, but it's sportswear. Wanted your opinion before submitting any outfits.

minakocat
01-21-2009, 01:20 AM
hmmm i deciding between...
- rock-based outfit
- koakuma-kei
- wa-mixture
i think i'm gonna make mine :)

OH. and what day will the fashion show be going on? is it during any other events?

Meiki
01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
For tradtional outfits, I was wondering if you'd take kendo uniforms. Granted, it's not street fashion or as traditional as kimono or yukata, but it's sportswear. Wanted your opinion before submitting any outfits.

I think that would be interesting actually, submit them and I'll definitely consider!

Meiki
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
OH. and what day will the fashion show be going on? is it during any other events?

I have no idea! I just got the okay for the panel, nothing about room or time or day or anything. If there are are obligations you have (photoshoots, going to cosplay, panels, school, whatever) then do let me know in your e-mail, I'm hoping it's going to be at a fairly good time for everyone, but I just don't know.

Fallain
01-21-2009, 03:50 PM
If it's ok, i'm going to wait untill you know the time and day of it (their bound to tell you...right?) I'd hate to sign up and have you get everything organized just to have to back out last minute because of bad timing :(

Meiki
01-21-2009, 04:02 PM
If it's ok, i'm going to wait untill you know the time and day of it (their bound to tell you...right?) I'd hate to sign up and have you get everything organized just to have to back out last minute because of bad timing :(

Well, I probably won't know until they release the full schedule, and I'd like to receive submissions before that, so go ahead and send things in with time exceptions.

otaku_ken
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
When is the dead line for submitting an outffit, because the thing i want isn't going to be ready before probably spring break.

Meiki
01-24-2009, 11:52 PM
When is the dead line for submitting an outffit, because the thing i want isn't going to be ready before probably spring break.

May 1st is my deadline.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Definently going to submit something Lolita. Good thing may 1st is the deadline. That gives me plenty of time to get some new stuff.

Meiki
02-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Definently going to submit something Lolita. Good thing may 1st is the deadline. That gives me plenty of time to get some new stuff.

Yeah, I thought I'd be really lenient about the deadline, I'm making an outfit myself and I know it'll take me a while to get around to it.

yukiko_mori
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
ohh awsome, i'm goin to email you the info for kimono, (and pics of my in mine (they are all vintage...kimono not pics lol) )

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Meiki: Hey, just curious how many people are you going to allow in the show (max number of people you want, etc) Also is it ok to submit to you more then one coordinate, but not exactly what we will wear if we're chosen for the show? I know that we have to tell you the style we are wearing so i'm sure the pictures will probably have to be from that style, correct? (more so lolita. Like if i said i was wearing Sweet Lolita for the show you would rather see pictures of me in Sweet Lolita instead of, say, Classic/Goth/Hime/etc?) edit: Ok just reread the first post but still need to clear it up: WEARING SWEET LOLI - SUBMIT PICS IN SWEET LOLI. Correct?

Just wondering :) I want to make sure i submit good material so i can be chosen

Meiki
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Meiki: Hey, just curious how many people are you going to allow in the show (max number of people you want, etc) Also is it ok to submit to you more then one coordinate, but not exactly what we will wear if we're chosen for the show? I know that we have to tell you the style we are wearing so i'm sure the pictures will probably have to be from that style, correct? (more so lolita. Like if i said i was wearing Sweet Lolita for the show you would rather see pictures of me in Sweet Lolita instead of, say, Classic/Goth/Hime/etc?) edit: Ok just reread the first post but still need to clear it up: WEARING SWEET LOLI - SUBMIT PICS IN SWEET LOLI. Correct?

Just wondering :) I want to make sure i submit good material so i can be chosen

Probably around 20 or so. Max I'd say like 25, I'd like a good sampling of styles but not a huge group to wrangle. As long as the outfit is in the same range as the style (like, if you're wearing Aristocrat don't send me Gyaru pictures) then that's fine! It would be best to have them in the same style or the outfit you're wearing though, if at all possible.