PDA

View Full Version : Most prized purchase at Comic-Con?

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 07:37 PM
What was the most prized item or autograph you got at the convnetion.

Mine was a KELDOR signed by the head writer and the four horsemen. I'm a huge He-Man freak!!! Nothing made me happier then to get such a cool looking figure, (Skeletor before he get's his face burned off).

BTW, if anyone got an Angelina Jolie autograph you win hands down!!! Nobody seemed to even get near her, the entire situation was jacked-up. Satnding ovation for anyone who pulled this off.

Maybe we should post pics of our prized item from the con. :)

Wolfgirl
07-22-2003, 07:43 PM
I went to the last comic con when the lord of the rings people where there and ben afleck was signing things for daredevil, you could'nt get near them unless you bribed people with 10.ooo bucks. So I took a look at the angelina jolie line and said there I was here. LOL and moved on.

This year I just got a autogrpah from elvira mistress of the dark. got to love her shes the original goth person. Thats my prize item.

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgirl
I went to the last comic con when the lord of the rings people where there and ben afleck was signing things for daredevil, you could'nt get near them unless you bribed people with 10.ooo bucks. So I took a look at the angelina jolie line and said there I was here. LOL and moved on.

This year I just got a autogrpah from elvira mistress of the dark. got to love her shes the original goth person. Thats my prize item.

Yeah Elvira is cool, and I never thought about it, but yeah she is very goth inspiring. My bro was in the Rob Zombie line and got an autograph. I heard that the Rob Zombie signings were really messsed up. :(

jade_dragon
07-22-2003, 07:58 PM
i got a picture with micheal turner and a tshirt signed by him *squeal*

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jade_dragon
i got a picture with micheal turner and a tshirt signed by him *squeal*

The folks at ASPEN comics were too paranoid for me to approach. They just got over a long and painful lawsuit against Top Cow over the rights to the name ASPEN as well as the rights to FATHOM. Point being, they were pretty paranoid and it kinda scared me.

AgentSakur9
07-22-2003, 08:06 PM
nothing prizey bought this time around, considering all I got was a lousy Street Fighter Comic Preview (they didn't get anything right at all, UGH!!!!!!!), a DVD Called "Everyone's Kung Fu Fighting" and Vol.1-2 of Chobits.

Chobits I guess was my best purchase this year. But of all time? My PVC Street Fighter Alpha 2 Sakura and Rumiko Takahashi signing my Sketch book. **grins**

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by AgentSakur9
nothing prizey bought this time around, considering all I got was a lousy Street Fighter Comic Preview (they didn't get anything right at all, UGH!!!!!!!)

I got that too. My only compliment is, good coloring. :) Especially the poster they had of Chun-Li at the booth, (which is not in the comic). It's supposed to be strictly the Strret Fighter II story arc, which means no Evil Ryu for example. Makes me wonder how they claim that they got 100% backing from Capcom on their story ark, *ahem money.

Rogue Marvel
07-22-2003, 08:38 PM
I bought my self a Sterling silver edition of the one ring

*strokes ring*
how I love it

I also got my gambit mini bust signed by bowen and my copy of ultimate spider-man 13 signed by bendis(best issue ever!)

Last year my tresure was a copy of elektra #3 with the nude inside signed by chuck austen actually this year I got bendis to sign that too!

AgentSakur9
07-22-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Bunta
I got that too. My only compliment is, good coloring. :) Especially the poster they had of Chun-Li at the booth, (which is not in the comic). It's supposed to be strictly the Strret Fighter II story arc, which means no Evil Ryu for example. Makes me wonder how they claim that they got 100% backing from Capcom on their story ark, *ahem money.

I agree the art was pretty good. Evil Ryu Existed from SF1 but for like a split second and by SFII Gouken was already dead, like for a while. Oy. I didn't read over 150+ pages of the story line for nothing. ha ha. It's good reading too. It breaks down everything from SF1-SFIII:Third Impact. (they even include how the Final Fight Series is involved) Anyway, I was disappointed. The Book "All About Capcom" explains most of the story and they still got it wrong.

Example: Ryu and Ken's fighting style is not Shotokan. Heck the movements are completely different. It reality (as it were) it's Ansatsuken, w/ more Judo, Karate, Taekwondo and Koppo elements.

An American Company got it wrong? Nah never happens

OMG... I've gone nuts... must stop myself.... O_O:

Ashe
07-22-2003, 09:27 PM
My Arwen circlet, hands down! I was so exicted to see it there, it was totally worth bankrupting myself for another month. =p

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Ashley Rice
My Arwen circlet, hands down! I was so exicted to see it there, it was totally worth bankrupting myself for another month. =p

hahaha. I guess my question for this post should have been, who actually had enough money from the con to make it home?

I hit the ATM like 3 times since I got there! ...so afraid when the bills roll in at the end of the month.

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by AgentSakur9
I agree the art was pretty good. Evil Ryu Existed from SF1 but for like a split second and by SFII Gouken was already dead, like for a while. Oy. I didn't read over 150+ pages of the story line for nothing. ha ha. It's good reading too. It breaks down everything from SF1-SFIII:Third Impact. (they even include how the Final Fight Series is involved) Anyway, I was disappointed. The Book "All About Capcom" explains most of the story and they still got it wrong.

Example: Ryu and Ken's fighting style is not Shotokan. Heck the movements are completely different. It reality (as it were) it's Ansatsuken, w/ more Judo, Karate, Taekwondo and Koppo elements.

An American Company got it wrong? Nah never happens

OMG... I've gone nuts... must stop myself.... O_O:

Yeah, not to sound mean or anything, but I think we al new that nobody in the US could possibly do a Street Fighter story properly, in fact, thanks to the stupid live action movie, tey've blown it forever. Was it just me, or was that movie a straight out racist movie!? EX: That the japanese guy, (who is Hawaiian?) is only a camera man, he plays like Godzilla and he is doing sumo? Meaning E.Honda. The list goes on and on. Grrr. I could spend years going off on that piece of garbage.

Kikari
07-22-2003, 09:45 PM
I didn't to get any autographs this year..but I did get Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd and that guy who played Sauron's signature last year ^^;

AgentSakur9
07-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Yeah, not to sound mean or anything, but I think we all new that nobody in the US could possibly do a Street Fighter story properly, in fact, thanks to the stupid live action movie, they've blown it forever. Was it just me, or was that movie a straight out racist movie!? EX: That the japanese guy, (who is Hawaiian?) is only a camera man, he plays like Godzilla and he is doing sumo? Meaning E.Honda. The list goes on and on. Grrr. I could spend years going off on that piece of garbage.

Yeah let's not do that. *^_^*

kylash327
07-22-2003, 10:03 PM
I only bought one thing there, a ROTK theatrical poster, but i like it muchly ^^

Velvy
07-22-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm a big fan of Megatokyo, so I was happy to meet them's ppls. And Roman Dirge, the creator of Lenore. ^.^ So I got stuffed signed by them. But my prized purchase is definitely Battle Royale: Director's Cut. ^.^ It was the last one.

Knight_Survive
07-22-2003, 10:36 PM
spending 170 bucks PURELY on Lupin the 3rd..now thats an acomplishment for Lupin fans :)

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Knight_Survive
spending 170 bucks PURELY on Lupin the 3rd..now thats an acomplishment for Lupin fans :)

I really wanted a JIGEN lighter, but didn't see a single one. If any character represented the tobacco company, he would be it!!!

Knight_Survive
07-22-2003, 11:02 PM
I really wanted a JIGEN lighter, but didn't see a single one. If any character represented the tobacco company, he would be it!!!

well,there's alot of Lighters On ebay,if I stumble across one,i'll tell ya ;)

Crazy Bunta
07-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Knight_Survive
well,there's alot of Lighters On ebay,if I stumble across one,i'll tell ya ;)

Yeah, I've been checking there as well. I think I was just shocked that there must have been over 100 lighters for sale and not one had Jigen on it. :) There were like 10 alone just on Faye.

PZB
07-22-2003, 11:41 PM
As sad and pathetic as this is, the little stuffy InuYasha I got off some kid in the hall that had gotten it from the Japanese vending machine (which they had been cleaned out of by the time I found the machine.)

Jinx
07-23-2003, 12:28 AM
I didn't get any highly prized autogaphs, although Iw as one of several screwed over waiting to see Hugh Jackman....

Well, my prized purchase is probably my No Doubt Rock Steady playset, it is soooo kick ass. @.@ and probably my Capcom Designs artbook. another to add to my collection :)

LaraCroft1
07-23-2003, 02:59 AM
pic....hehehehe

Crazy Bunta
07-23-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by LaraCroft1
pic....hehehehe

No freakin' way!!!!! You're post says it all. Someone actually got the biggest prize at the convention. hehehe

Ami Yuy
07-23-2003, 03:15 AM
I bought one thing (other than bad pizza), and I got one thing signed. I bought the Megatokyo book 1 and got Piro to sign/sketch in it (Seraphim ^_^).

LaraCroft1
07-23-2003, 03:43 AM
been checking this site out for awhile and decided to registered so i can post my prize winning autograph. oh, i also got pic at the press conference.

Angelina Jolie press Pic (http://www.techfreaks.com/~vixay/AngeliaJolie.jpg)

MPsy
07-23-2003, 04:30 AM
My most prized purchase at the con would most likey be my El-Hazard: the Magnificent World DVD box set because I got El-Hazard: the Alternative World by mistake at Anime Expo. I thought I already brought the Magnificent World the day before I got Alternative World.

If not that, it would be the Goten card set for Dragonball Z CCG, I got it for only seven bucks. One of my many missions in life is to learn every CCG out there. Plus it keeps me from getting bored or insane...wait too late on the last one there...

Crazy Bunta
07-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by LaraCroft1
been checking this site out for awhile and decided to registered so i can post my prize winning autograph. oh, i also got pic at the press conference.

Angelina Jolie press Pic (http://www.techfreaks.com/~vixay/AngeliaJolie.jpg)

That's great. So far, you have the only proof I've seen that she was actually there at the con. I was starting to wonder if she was really there.

At least Hugh Jackman supposedly kept his fan line open for several hours, and I actually heard people saying that they got an atograph from him.

Wolfgirl
07-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Crazy Bunta I think I went to the atm 2 times. Once on the way there and once in the convention center. I think I had 5 dollers and a plastic fork from oscars to make it home on. LOL

OH my other prize thing I bought tht broke me. On preview night they where selling swords(big sword collector used to take taekwando) I got like 5 swords for only 150 bucks. It was great. They next day they where all gone.

Crazy Bunta
07-23-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgirl
Crazy Bunta I think I went to the atm 2 times. Once on the way there and once in the convention center. I think I had 5 dollers and a plastic fork from oscars to make it home on. LOL

OH my other prize thing I bought tht broke me. On preview night they where selling swords(big sword collector used to take taekwando) I got like 5 swords for only 150 bucks. It was great. They next day they where all gone.

I think question is, "How the heck did you carry all those swords"? Actually from what I heard. I'm shocked you could buy anything preview night. It was supposedly cricket chirping silent.

Wolfgirl
07-23-2003, 08:22 PM
I just stuffed them all in my bra :P

Actully it was really hard carrying all of them I got my workout. I needed a shopping cart.

It depended on when you got there. Preview night was mostly for buying things rare finds and getting good prices early before they raise the prices for saturday and everything is gone. I went last year it was a lot better. They really jiped us on the time we had in there this year. I got freeee suckers shaped like transformers last year LOL.

B-kun
07-24-2003, 03:35 PM
My most prized purchase would have to be the Soul of Chogokin diecast Evangelion figure from Bandai, which I managed to get for less than retail.

*kyaaaa!* (http://www.timbrisko.com/tbdx/eva.html)

Reno_kun
07-24-2003, 04:59 PM
my slayers box set witch i payed 17 bucks for all 8 tapes of it !

Jinx
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Hmmm.. 17 bucks for a tape set is pretty cheap... I'd beware of bootlegs.. ^-^;;

Suzushichan
07-26-2003, 02:43 AM
I don't remember if I posted or not but;

1. Sephiroth wall scroll *droolz*
2. pewter Hellsing pin *droolz more* heehheehee...hellsing gooooooood...

Reno_kun
07-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
Hmmm.. 17 bucks for a tape set is pretty cheap... I'd beware of bootlegs.. ^-^;; nope they are all orginals jinx..every one of them along with mazr the mega burst sapce with a paid 19 dollors for the first 7 tapes could not find the last one roar!!!

Padme Skywalker
07-28-2003, 04:13 PM
I bought 2 Star Wars figures that I didnt have: Barriss Offee (my character!) & Padme Amidala in her wedding dress. Plus all the autographs I got especially Daniel Logan's!

Crazy Bunta
07-29-2003, 03:19 AM
Did anyone get one of those Con Exclusive Boba Fetts? The line was about 3 hours long from what I saw and was wondering if it was worth the wait.

MPsy
07-29-2003, 04:24 AM
I know someone who got one of the Boba Fetts and now is selling it for fourty bucks. Another guy I know got one too and is selling it for twenty bucks (because the box is a bit bent).

Sana-chan
07-29-2003, 03:09 PM
I actually have two most prized purchases lol one, being the Pippin statue whose face looks like he's had one too many coffees, and the other being... well... a reaaally cool set of Legos which I paid a pretty penny for lol. I attached a pic ^_^.