PDA

View Full Version : Keep me company?

Kaitou
07-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Anyone coming to Shoujocon !

I know I'm not as cool as Tiffany Grant, but please make me feel loved. ^_^ I'm all new at this guest thing, this is only my second con. Besides, I'd love it if cosplay.com members introduced themselves!!

Recycled cyborg
07-23-2003, 05:04 PM
aww....I'll be going this year. I can't wait. I would love to meet other cosplay.com people too. ^o^ I am somewhat new at this, so to me everybody is cool. I'll keep you company,.....if you want.

makonurikoryoko
07-23-2003, 05:50 PM
oo I hope i can go and if I do Ill be glad to keep you company! :D

ooo you did The Merry widow! XDheheh awsome, we just di dthat at my college last semester! ::sings "Girls, Girls, Girls"::

Silence Glaive
07-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey! I'm on staff at Shoujocon, I'll probably be roaming around on friday in my Zima outfit, and running the Shoujocon Parliament. Saturday and Sunday costumes are still up in the air. If you see me, feel free to flag me down, I love meeting new people!

makonurikoryoko
07-23-2003, 11:59 PM
oo yeah if i go ill be either Maron from KKJ or Full Moon from Full Moon o sagashite or both lol

Kaitou
07-24-2003, 04:42 PM
I wonder if they'd let me do my panels in cosplay outfits, lol

makonurikoryoko
07-24-2003, 05:27 PM
^_^ hehe I'm sure that they would love it if you did! I think its better when guests dress up! XD hehe

Eriol
07-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Kaitou
I wonder if they'd let me do my panels in cosplay outfits, lol

I don't think that's a problem. There are pics of Tiffany Grant in costume around in cons, so any other guests wishing to be costume should be fine.

neoangelwink
07-25-2003, 12:16 AM
cool ^_^ it nice to meet you.

fireyoukai16
07-27-2003, 10:57 AM
oo yeah if i go ill be either Maron from KKJ or Full Moon from Full Moon o sagashite or both lol
lol, Im going as Full Moon too! And I was actually thinking of going as Maron before, but I changed my mind.
::high fives::'Arina Tanemura fangirls!!' ^.^ woohoo lol
Im going to meet a Meroko there as well ^-^

Kaitou, i'll be glad to meet you too! This will also be my 2nd con ^_^

~FireYoukai

Eriol
07-27-2003, 02:40 PM
I sense the convention will implode on itself now from the presence of Full Moon cosplays and one makonurikoryoko to boot....heh

makonurikoryoko
07-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Well Eriol, I dont even know if I will be attending -_- and I think my pressence last year was good XD hehe
::gives high fave back::
Anyhow, Kaitou, what did you plan on cosplaying as?

hikura
07-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Makonurikoryoko and a con imploding.That is an impossiblity.With such great costumes and a beatiful face.I will be attending even if it is just for a day.I will be in my james sunderland costume(silent hill 2 main character).

Eriol
07-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by makonurikoryoko
Well Eriol, I dont even know if I will be attending -_- and I think my pressence last year was good XD hehe
::gives high fave back::

I don't even remember you from last year. *whistles*

I would hope you could spend a few hours at the con. Even a few hours would pep up the convention.

Of course, would you miss the opportunity to get pics of me, since last year you could not get pics? heh

Kaitou
07-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by fireyoukai16
lol, Im going as Full Moon too! And I was actually thinking of going as Maron before, but I changed my mind.
::high fives::'Arina Tanemura fangirls!!' ^.^ woohoo lol
Im going to meet a Meroko there as well ^-^

Kaitou, i'll be glad to meet you too! This will also be my 2nd con ^_^

~FireYoukai

Well, this will be my 8th con...just will be my second as a panel guest. For those who don't know, my name is Kelli, I'm one of the voice acting guests. SHoulda clarified that, lol. ^_^

Eriol
07-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, this will be my 8th con...just will be my second as a panel guest. For those who don't know, my name is Kelli, I'm one of the voice acting guests. SHoulda clarified that, lol. ^_^

Wow. I did not recognize you there, Ms. Butler. *slaps his forehead*

Your headshot that we used at the Shoujocon website is different enough from your cosplay pictures.

Wearing a costume certainly changes oneself to a completely new person.

As you add more anime voice acting credits, your popularity can only go up. Of course, by that time, you probably won't have much time posting in forums and interacting with your fans. heh

hikura
07-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Might i ask Ms. Butler when yoru panel i ?If it is on saturday i might stop at your panel to help you alone or just to say hi lol.I promise most people on this board do no tbit.We are all friendly.

Kaitou
07-29-2003, 02:47 PM
LOL, I wouldn't say I had any fans, and until I graduate with my master's degree, I won't be travelling to any of the major voice acting cities - and the studio here shut down. So it'll be awhile.

I don't know when my panels are yet - they haven't given me my schedule. I think I've been added to the cosplay panel with Katie Bair. Gotta decide between wearing Elly or Valeria - I think Tifa would be inappropriate. LOL.

Eriol
07-29-2003, 04:18 PM
LOL, I wouldn't say I had any fans, and until I graduate with my master's degree, I won't be travelling to any of the major voice acting cities - and the studio here shut down. So it'll be awhile.

I'm sorry, but which studio is this? Does New York City only have one major voice acting studio?

You have no or few fans? I would think the fanboy/fangirl syndrome would have applied to many voice actors/actresses. heh

If you don't have fans now, you probably will have them as your repetioire expands.

Since your goal is opera, New York is one of a handful of cities that has the right infrastructure for that (and stage theater as well).

Gotta decide between wearing Elly or Valeria - I think Tifa would be inappropriate. LOL.

Since there are no pictures you posing as Valeria, you could do that. Don't forget to carry your Falcon rune. heh
(Though I dislike how they decreased the rune's effectiveness in Suikoden II)

Eriol
07-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by hikura
Might i ask Ms. Butler when yoru panel i ?If it is on saturday i might stop at your panel to help you alone or just to say hi lol.I promise most people on this board do no tbit.We are all friendly.

Any questions about guest scheduling should be probably be directed to interactive@shoujocon.com, the committee organizing the panels.

At just about every anime convention website I've ever examined, the guest scheduling is never posted.

makonurikoryoko
07-30-2003, 12:33 PM
^_^ hehe I'll be your fan! And your Elly costume is super cute and awsome! XD I love it!

marsie
07-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Me too!!!! I am going to run into the panel screaming your name and begging for you to sign my.....well I'll think of something.

I will be there in your panel just because you are down to earth and a great VA. Just as long as I am not doing reg/pub staffity stuff

ahem....POST ON THE SHOUJOCON BOARD!!!!

I am still going to have a time for all the cosplay.com peeps to meet up at the club house for fun; costume emergencies etc. I might just bring my sewing machine and my supplies with me so there is a places for last minute uh ohs.

dressdragn
07-31-2003, 11:54 AM
I'll be there, in the dealers room maning the BAAF table and proably board out of my mind cuz I won't be doing fun con stuff. So everyone come visit me.

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
08-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Very well I decided that i'll be kidnapping the Elly cosplayer lady coz I loveddddddddddddddd Xenogears something fierce...then I shall go vist Dragn at the BaaF table, and attack onlookers...

Btw, are there any "head of SJC" type ppl on this board. I'm suppose to be getting a free pass, and want to know what the deal with that is....

Eriol
08-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Starwind824
Very well I decided that i'll be kidnapping the Elly cosplayer lady coz I loveddddddddddddddd Xenogears something fierce...

The fine lady is engaged, so I don't think his fiancee would take kindly to kidnappings. heh

Originally posted by Starwind824
Btw, are there any "head of SJC" type ppl on this board. I'm suppose to be getting a free pass, and want to know what the deal with that is....

A) Determine who offered you a free pass.
B) Then, email the approporiate committee that person is in. See http://www.shoujocon.com/contact/index.html
B1) If you do not know where this person is, email the conchair and explain the situation.

TheAnarCHris
08-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Well there was a raffle event in NYC last December where I won the free pass.....so who do I email and what's their addy...I tried while ago, but no one got back to me.

Eriol
08-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Email the conchair then.
conchair@shoujocon.com

Explain that there was a raffle in NYC in December. The more details you can give about the event, the better your case will be.

TheAnarCHris
08-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Done and done. I also have several witness u were there when I won this said free pass, so I expect to here something about it soon.

TheAnarCHris
08-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Hey, I just tried emailing address twice and it was sent back to me, saying the address doesnt exist.....

Eriol
08-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Are you sure you typed that email correctly?

The email address is fine. You must have made a typo or emailed at a very rare time where connectivity might have failed.

TheAnarCHris
08-05-2003, 01:34 AM
No it failed three times, so I went to the SJC web site and tried it again.

Ranma Saotome
08-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Anyone coming to Shoujocon !

I know I'm not as cool as Tiffany Grant, but please make me feel loved. ^_^ I'm all new at this guest thing, this is only my second con. Besides, I'd love it if cosplay.com members introduced themselves!!

You know I'm gonna be there so, you can bash me over the skull with a bat so I can stay still. :p