PDA

View Full Version : Anime Detour, MoA raid and Avatar: the Last Airbender!

Animangafreak
01-13-2009, 03:08 AM
Hey! Is there any Avatar: The last Airbender cosplayers this year? Planning to go to the Con? This might fall through for me, but I was wondering if any of the Detour Avatar cosplayer were going to raid the Mall of America and hang out in Nickolodeon Universe, at least for a while. They even have this Avatar thrill ride.

I might not get to go to Detour, but I'd sure love to do the MoA thing. Would any cosplayers wanna form an Avatar group and go together? Perhaps? If I end up going, I don't want to be the only Avatar cosplayer there. :P

knight
01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know that I'll have my Avatar costume done in time, but I'd still love to go. :3

Animangafreak
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
OH! Really? Who would you cosplay? I'm hoping to go as Zuko, but if you are, then I might do someone else instead. Maybe... XD I love Prince Zuko!

knight
01-15-2009, 04:00 PM
meep! ...I'd wear one of my other costumes, of course! XD

Animangafreak
01-16-2009, 12:32 AM
XD So you had a Prince Zuko costume too? Awesome. XD

kanghead
01-17-2009, 04:16 PM
The MOA raid might not happen because it's so far from the new hotel.

Animangafreak
01-17-2009, 09:16 PM
That's what i heard. But I might end up doing an MoA raid anyway? i heard someone from Anime Detour wanted to get a group together? Not quite sure on that. Just thought it might be fun anyway.

Sgt Chase
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Still even if it feels too far way. If people go for it. People will do it. I agree I am bummed that it moved. If I had time to finish my Avatar costume I would go for it. But I have 3 other Projects that have taken up the top of my spare time.

Animangafreak
01-21-2009, 03:36 AM
Well if you happen to eventually get to finish your Avatar costume, do post, okay? Just in case this MoA raid falls through, because it would be loads of fun if you could make it.

Sgt Chase
01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Yea when I finish it I will post it on here. The Way I Cosplay is not taking the main charaters most of the time. Just minor roles. My Avatar Cosplay is of the Royal Earthbender Guards. Hope to finish this. I may have to start on it again now.

animewolf
01-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Is anyone planning to do Aang? I'm hoping to get a simple version of the costume done, but if someone's already doing him, I'll work on another. Oh, and count me in if you head over to MOA.

Animangafreak
01-22-2009, 12:39 AM
YAY! Awesome! I'm not doing Aang, I was hoping to do Prince Zuko's last costume in the anime/cartoons. :D Hey, animewolf. If you do go as Aang, do you want to learn the Dancing Dragons thing?

What are you going as KNIGHT?

@ Sgt Chase. Whoa! A royal Earthbender guard? That's so cool!

Um, I heard that MoA requires the cosplay group to have someone over 21 present. Have any of you done a MoA raid before? I haven't. And do you know anyone 21 years old or are any of you that old? I'm 21 this September, but somehow I don't think that would count.

Sgt Chase
01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Well I have decided to put all costume projects on hold so I can complete my Royal Earthbender Guard Costume. I will be going to JoAnn's for the fabric this weekend. The Designs for the clothing are easy to do. It's just the Helmet and the shoes I have to work on. Does anyone have a complete shot of a Royal Earthbender Guard? All the photo's I have only show the top half.

Animangafreak
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Hey, Sgt Chase, could you take a screen shot of a earthbender guard rewatching the Avatar episodes online? Say, watching Sonzin's Comet? There are some guards there I think? I would try and find it myself, but unfortunately I'm swamped with school. School not done=no Anime Detour/MoA raid. Unfortunately. Still. I'm hoping to get that all done and use alllll the spare time to do my Zuko costume and raise money to spend at the Detour and at the MoA. I want a Appa plushie! Maybe a Momo one too! A friend of mine is having a birthday on April 12th and he loves Avatar too...maybe I could send him either an Avatar b-day card, a plushie, or some sweatshirt/t-shirt. That would be awesome.

Sgt Chase
01-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Yea I will be looking into it. I haven't had alot of luck with the Online episodes so far. But I will dig into it more.

animewolf
01-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Animangafreak, learning how to do the Dancing Dragon sounds cool. Now you have me thinking that maybe I should do Aang's outfit from Day of Black Sun. I'm meeting with a friend tomorrow and we'll decide then. For the MoA raid, I haven't done one before, but I more than qualify for being 21.

Sakurai_Atsushi
01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
This year is my first time going to detour, So, I have no idea what will happen aside from what the site says.. x.x I'm only gonna be 20. Actually, a few days before the convention :3

Animangafreak
01-25-2009, 02:57 AM
@Sgt Chase. Good luck! I'll probably be watching Avatar over again pretty soon, but if I see the whole body or bottom half of a guard, I'll try to save it for you.

@ animewolf. Awesome! I'll try watching and memorizing some of the Moves. Actually, I'm going to sew up the costume Zuko wears when he finally meets up with the Avatar and they learn firebending and that Dancing Dragons. You're over 21? Great! I mean I know I'm more than okay for behaving in public, but I'm not yet 21...This September though!

@ Sakurai. Ooh! Yay for being 20! It's a nice, round number. :P

I've never been on an MoA raid, but I heard the Anime Detour peeps used to do that when the hotel and convention was right next to the MoA. Axelismyhomeboy told me that someone on the Anime Detour site was still trying to get a group together for an MoA raid anyway. And as I've never gone on one (or to Detour), and as they had Nickolodeon Universe there, I really want to try it out. Ah, and we've not even set a date or time for the MoA raid, though I don't think we should yet.

I had brilliant idea recently. For the Detour I was going to make fake Avatar coupons. At the Kakkoicon, someone handed out fake Jenova Witness tracks and someone told me people do that at conventions. So I wanted to make a coupon "Good for one free ride on a flying bison." Something about Avatar Aang being so grateful for the help people gave him in defeating the evil firelord that he wanted everyone to be able to ride a flying bison. If I draw a flying bison and make these fake coupons, do you think that is plagiarism? And what can I do to make sure it isn't? Well, I mean I wanted to hand them out at Detour, but then would it be plagiarism if I handed a few out at Nick U? Or do you guys think that Nick. U will enjoy the joke and let me pass them out?

I was wondering. I'm already putting this together. If all this works out, if I sent you guys the image, does anyone else want to print some out and hand out some coupons too? No one has too, but if you guys cosplay Avatar in Detour, and if you want to, I thought it might be rather fun. Spoofs and good fun like that rocks!

xKatsu
01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Just for a head's up, the MOA staff generally hates us and will pick on you to no end. Make sure you bring your I.D., too, because they get especially picky when we show up in costumes. Last year they actually refused to let some people in the mall (I think it was because of their specific costume... i.e. showing too much skin, blood everywhere, ect....but just for a warning)

Animangafreak
01-26-2009, 11:27 AM
AH! Thank you xKatsu!
Hmmm...and here someone else told me that MoA was the better place to go to cosplay? But turning people away because of costumes that showed too much skin and blood does make sense...*grimace* Well, I hope this works out. I'd like to try and see if we can get a group of nonAvatar cosplayers to go too, some MoA mall raid veterans.

Sakurai_Atsushi
01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd be willing to go. Except I don't really know what you do on a MoA raid yet xD

Cerri
01-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Make sure it's only a small group. Last year we tried to go on a Mall raid with some friends they removed us from the Mall property, wouldn't let us in, and the police got involved /:

animewolf
01-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I've heard the MOA has problems with costumes. Some friends showed up as Klingons a few years ago and were asked to leave.

I've decided to go as Aang in Day of Black Sun, which should be easier to put together.

Animangafreak - I like the idea with the coupons. :) I think if you put near the drawing something like copyright Nickelodeon that should help. People at Anime Detour will probably enjoy the joke, the folks at Nick U, maybe not. (Someone may think it's an actual coupon for a ride.) You could put something on it that says, This coupon is only good in the Avatar's universe, not ours, and then only with a real live six legged flying bison that can fly under its own power.

Animangafreak
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
@ Sakurai Atushi, I don't quite know either, but I do know I'd like to try the Avatar ride at Nick U and shop Avatar stuff in the stores real quick. I'm assuming you just trek all over the MoA looking at stuff. :P

@Cerri...no kidding? Man, I really wanted to go, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to face getting kicked out or the police involved? But I guess I will give it a shot.

@Animewolf- Well, I had to google pictures for the Klingons...but I've gotta sorta admit that having to leave might make some sense. Only because they might scare children? I mean as cool as it is, it might be a bit much, especially for a G rated place?
Ah, I like that Aang outfit. I think that one is pretty cool. B-) Maybe I'll add a disclaimer on half the tickets, the ones I plan on handing out at the Nick U. Course I'd be sure to make certain that people knew it wasn't a ride. :P The whole idea though about it being a ride is kinda funny. XD

Animangafreak
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey! LooK! There's an Avatar: the Last Airbender party room! :D
-Tea Weevil (an Avatar: The Last Air Bender themed party) hosted by M.I.S.F.I.T.S.
I'm SO going there.

demon_alchemist
02-24-2009, 02:53 AM
hey, my group is going as avatar. we have mai, zuko, azula, ty lee, and aang so far. we are trying to convince our other roomates to go as toph and katara.

kb_chan
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I was in a group. It was small, but a group. And then most of them didn't pre-register. -_- And the ones that are going aren't going to cosplay. (party poopers.) So it's just me and my friend cosplaying, again. We are just doing Naruto characters. (I know that is over done, but I don't care. lol) We are doing:
Gaara and Temari
Sasuke and Sakura
Obito and Rin

(I'm cosplaying the ones listed second.)

If you see us say hi! ... My friend will be like WTF? though. Oh well, I guess I'll have to fill her in... or not. ^-^ This is our first Anime Detour. Our first con was Kakkoi con last year. I was also Temari and my friend was Hinata.

A mall raid sounds fun, but with my luck I'd be kicked out.

allexseixx
02-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Kazhdyj raz vozvrawajus’ k vam snova, i ne razocharovyvajus’.

alerafomina
05-17-2011, 07:23 AM
I read and feel like home. Thanks to the creators of the good life!