PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Events at AM

NoLable721
07-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Hello, Well I've been thinking about going to Ani-magic for a while now ever since my friend told me about it and ever since i got back from AX03. I did some research of to where it's going to be and all, but I just wanted to know

what kinda events are going to be at Ani-Magic 03? I'm very clueless, but I'm guessing like there's going to be some tests, costuems contests and so on.

Thanks in advance for answering,
NoLable721

AM Chair
07-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, we have the opening ceremonies with Taiko drummers, the Nihon Nights party, the masq, and the Aki Matsuri on Sunday. How's that?

Revell

NoLable721
07-23-2003, 10:13 PM
alright I'm in. Thanks!!!

hello kenney
07-24-2003, 02:52 AM
yeah, this will be my first year too, I'm a little intimidated by the more intimate environment, since I know literally no one and will probably be going alone...

but I'll be there with my camera to take lots of cosplay pics, and hopefully make some friends.

KimikoChan
07-24-2003, 04:39 AM
Don't worry, none of my friends are into this stuff, so I'll probably be trekking down on my own as well. You will meet a ton of new people. Look around for me! *waves*

NoLable721
07-24-2003, 12:49 PM
haha I agree with KimikoChan, most of my friends airn't into anime,manga, J-Music, video games, etc. So yea, after going to a few cons, You'd then like meet new people, then slowly the people you meet becomes your anime friends, then you guys would start going to cons together. Oh yea, look for me to! I'll be in my Lain uniform! Laterz!

Moon Prince
07-24-2003, 04:13 PM
It's really a great con to meet people because it's really kick back, not like other cons where if you want to go to a panel, it takes you twenty minutes to get there and that is if you aren't stopped or pictures or detoured by a mob of photagraphers trying to take a piccture. so you can relax.

RoseDuelist
07-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Heck, most of my friends I met at AX from this site. ^_^ It's awesome. Me feel so loved..

I'll be Lum on day and a Battle Royal girl another.. so look for me too! :)

NoLable721
07-24-2003, 10:25 PM
awesome! will do! Will do! :D I'm willing to meet some people from this site. The people who I met at AX I realize was a memeber of this site ^_^;

katchoo
07-24-2003, 11:28 PM
I'll be there either alone or with Three_D. I can't wait to meet people there, cause of the smaller environment. And I'm even going to have good costumes for it. hehe

Moon Prince
07-25-2003, 12:12 AM
I just recently joined here... but I got to know most of my cosplay friends at Ani-Magic... so there. ^_^

duck
07-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Wheee. I may be alone too, so I shall have to find people to stalk.=) I'm still trying to decide whether I want to try and find roommates or just do the hour and a half commute.

AM Chair
07-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Robert Plant redo: "Might as well face it, I`m adicted to Lum"

Moon Prince
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
try to find roommates... you may end up staying late for something and don't want to drive back...or you may want to be there early for something and wake up too late...

that's always been my problem... I did that for half of AX 2001.

NoLable721
07-25-2003, 09:58 PM
lol that was my issue for AX03!! I wanted to stay for the AMV Contest but couldn't since of room issues and it was really late and crap. So I couldn't drive back and all.

JoeBoeing
07-25-2003, 10:35 PM
I just bought a yukata for the Akiyume festival! and I'm staying all of Sunday and leaving on Monday... I'm not going to miss a thing this year!

I really wanted to go to the Doremi panel last year that was on Sunday but I had to leave for the train station as it was starting.

I hope the panel happens again this year because it seems like a cute show I'd love to learn more.

FRom,
Joe

katchoo
07-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Are there going to be Gothic Lolita/Jrock events this year?

Mandy Mitchell
07-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Ani-Magic was the one con where I really got a chance to meet people and hang out with everyone.

NoLable721
07-28-2003, 03:28 PM
i hopeing to meet some of the people on this board.

TristenCitrine
07-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Adding to what Revell stated, yes, there are LOTS of cosplay events to be had at ani-magic!

There will be the Cosplay Karaoke Revue on Friday night after the Taiko performance, featuring performing cosplay groups, character solos, and special demonstrations of fandom talent. Also, look forward to the fashion show, informative panels hosted by the cosplay guests and staff, and of COURSE the Masquerade.

Let's also not forget all the fan organized cosplay gatherings and photoshoots. There's bound to be something for everyone :) !

NoLable721
07-29-2003, 02:59 PM
haha so i've heard. thanks for the info TristenCitrine

KelBebop
08-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TristenCitrine
Adding to what Revell stated, yes, there are LOTS of cosplay events to be had at ani-magic!

There will be the Cosplay Karaoke Revue on Friday night after the Taiko performance, featuring performing cosplay groups, character solos, and special demonstrations of fandom talent. Also, look forward to the fashion show, informative panels hosted by the cosplay guests and staff, and of COURSE the Masquerade.

Let's also not forget all the fan organized cosplay gatherings and photoshoots. There's bound to be something for everyone :) !

Sounds like fun! I missed Ani-Magic last year, but had a great time in 2001. I could seriously use a "detox con" to relax and recover. The Fanime-AX-SDCC triumvirate of hell just about killed me this year! Don't get me wrong, I had fun at all three, but they were too close together, and too insanely busy!

Now, Ani-Magic in October is starting to sound really nice. Nice relaxing con, no pressure, hanging out with friends. Yeah, I think I could live with that. ;) I think I'm going to see if I have enough vacation days to make it.

All good things,
Kel

Rey-Rey
08-01-2003, 03:36 PM
And I'll be around for the festivities. >=D I'll be spraying air freshener around the con. >=D

Woof. >=D Rey-Rey Effect. >=D

sailorpsychosis
08-02-2003, 04:28 PM
I'm looking forward to going! I've only been to AX, so this sounds like it'll be a completely different experience and a great place to meet other cosplayers (which will be great, since none of my friends are really into anime/manga, plus I'm a newbie at cosplaying, so I'd like to meet others and hear their experiences!).

What's Cosplay Karaoke? This sounds like something I'd really like? Do tell! :)

See y'all there! ^_^

JoeBoeing
08-02-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure but I think that Cosplay Karaoke is doing karaoke in character as the character you are dressed as. Not sure though. I'm sure someone can describe it better than I did.

FRom,
Joe