PDA

View Full Version : Original costumes -- seen any? made any?

Hibiki-chan
07-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Now I know I'm not an expert in anime, nor do I claim to be... but there are costumes there that are so well made and so articulate you'd SWEAR you've seen them in anime.

So the real question for this thread is...

Have you created an original costume?
--and--
Have you seen someone wear an original costume?

I personally am planning to create a *design* just for fun. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea if who I've seen was wearing an original costume or what not since I haven't seen that much anime ^_^;;;;

Jun_Kazama
07-23-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking I may do an original costume of mine eventually. I'd like to do the future mascot for my website (which is still in development as far as the design goes)..I'll have to wait and see.

Wyna Hiros
07-23-2003, 10:05 PM
[Deleted. Sorry, left Cosplay.com due to lack of time/interest]

makonurikoryoko
07-23-2003, 11:55 PM
I made an EGL if that counts and helped EvilChii create her original cat girl. Theres lots of thing sshe designed i want to make

Sarcasm-hime
07-24-2003, 01:20 AM
I'm probably going to do an original EGL at some point in the future, as I have a corset and a petticoat I want to use for something.

Susumari
07-24-2003, 03:33 PM
i have made an original...but i think i will never make any more. i think no one would ever think of my originals.

Sweet~Pea
07-26-2003, 09:53 AM
my friend has made an orignial costume from and original comic by another of our friends. She's also our club mascot.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=61498&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
-Christa

kelldar
07-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I went as one of my comic characters at dragoncon last year... I need to wear it again.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=10190&password=&sort=1&cat=3410&page=1

DarkGunner
07-27-2003, 12:49 AM
I actually have a design for own character. I would luv to make it, but my funds won't allow it. Blarg on having no money. One of these days.

Ruby-Chan
07-27-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm redesigning my website, and along with that my husband is drawing me a chibi bunny/cat (can't decide yet) girl. I have a costume in mind of what she would wear, so after the site is up and everything, I plan on making an original costume based off her.

Hitori
07-27-2003, 08:40 PM
I've seen original designs cosplayed quite a bit^_^ I like designing and making my own clothes, it's really fun. But as far as cosplaying, thus far I've only done an original character from a manga/book a friend and myself are writing. But I plan on doing more, it's really fun when they ask you who you are
"Oh, I'm Waya Jiu from Teikou"
"Hmm, haven't heard of it, is it new?"

aachan
07-28-2003, 10:28 AM
I've seen one or two original designs, I've even done one myself. Desigining original stuff can be a lot of fun, especially getting people to walk up to you and ask if your from a certain anime and telling them it's an original.

evilchii
07-30-2003, 11:44 AM
mako and i co-designed the egl outfit that she made and i am finishing up an original kitty girl outfit for Otakon that she helped me sew (thanks Dana!). i have just folders and folders of outfits that i've designed for cosplaying in the future. and i hope to make them all someday ^_^.

i always love to see original outfits becasue they can be just as difficult and detailed as any anime or game costume.

neko_trin
08-04-2003, 03:02 AM
i've designed alot of original costumes.. some are based off of certain series and some are just straight out of my sketchbook... i constantly make new characters.. some get used in my comics and others... get 10 minutes of glory and remain just a cute picture. i have a reaaaally intricate one that involves alot of belts, fishnet, face paint and alot of PVC/pleather! i'm going to start making it as soon as my material arrives =^-^=

SephirothXer0
08-06-2003, 12:40 AM
I may be doing a few characters from my graphic novel, but I'll have to look at the expenses of them... I just go crazy when character designing

Argento
08-06-2003, 09:30 AM
In the near future, my cosplay group will be cosplaying as our mascots. ^^

mecha-beast
08-06-2003, 04:55 PM
well at this point that is all i have done are my own ideas but i am working on a lady subaru from dot hack sign those little feather wings are a pain but i have made so many wings of all kinds i know i will get them to work i mean you can't watch as much anime and sci fi as i do and not come up with your own stuff i mean even if you just take aspects from several characters and combine them you get a whole new character

sakura yuna
08-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I made an original costume...however mine was based off an already existing character "Rydia" from FFIV. I know, I am just another person who decided to make an original outfit for her. It's about 90% done...and I have no idea where I am going to wear it to. Maybe AX04? Well anyways, what I call my version of rydia is "celestial or goddess rydia". I seriously hope I can wear it soon!

Yumeko
08-07-2003, 12:49 AM
I LOVE to design and make original costume designs. I'll even wear then to cons (some of them I pass off as actual clothing and wear them everyday)
Currently I am In love with the character designs I made for an online novella series/rpg world I am working on. I eventually plan to make All the designs even if they are used for display in my portfolio.

musica heart
08-08-2003, 10:57 PM
i did and original costume, for animazement 03, and am currently working on one for AWA 03.
Its really a great feeling to see your costume laid out, your sketch coming into reality. I have a problem with tall shoes though, the ones i am going to use for awa will make me 6'3. I hope that I dont run into anything...

Earthprince
08-14-2003, 01:27 PM
I've made an original costume, but it wasn't perfect. I was rushed, but I still loved it, seeing how no one could tell me I did a bad job, cuz' they don't know if its supposed to look like that!

Angelwing
08-14-2003, 02:55 PM
I plan to do one in a year or so. I'll probably have it designed within the next few months, but it will be based on my username Angelwing, but it won't have anything to do with Rinoa's costume.

kdthompson
08-15-2003, 05:37 PM
I've got an original character and a costume to wear for him as well. The costume, which I'm extremely proud of, I had the chance to wear Saturday Night at Animazement '03. Sadly, I didn't have fangs with me when I wore it, but I don't mind too much.

I've got photos in my Gallery

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-15-2003, 09:29 PM
*raises hand* I love original costumes, have seen people with their's on, and am going to make some. My little cousin is going to AZ with us. (she went this year too!)And one of my original costumes is going to be made for her! :)

makonurikoryoko
08-16-2003, 12:14 AM
When th ephotos work again go look in my or evilchii's gallery for her finished cat girl original. XD Its so pretty!!

Aiji Sasayaki
08-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Yep! I always go as original characters (I don't really look like any -real- character from an anime, but I look more like the ones I design myself.) I'm making a costume now that's a cross between, well..a white crow and a Chinese dragon. Don't ask ^_^' I look more like a plushy than anything else..I'll be wearing it at A-Kon 15 this year ^_^ so, if you see me..it's better not to question what I am :bigtu:

MyOwnSuperhero
08-21-2003, 10:37 PM
I created armor and costumed for fighting in the SCA and my buddy scanned them into a graphic novel. I guess that makes them original...but now I have the design bug.

Catpaw
08-22-2003, 12:16 AM
I plan & will be doing some of my original characters... (or my so RPG characters...) Also my original ideas (like FFT Vincent, FFT Sephiroth...)

Daitenshi
08-22-2003, 12:16 AM
I made an original costume for Halloween last year:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=16241&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=3
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28008&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Originals are always so much fun!! I wanted to wear this at Dragon*Con this year... but since I can't go, hopefully next year ^_^

makonurikoryoko
08-22-2003, 02:44 AM
>^^< Yay! Ok its been decided that my next project is going to be an original kitty that EvilChii designed for me so we can be kitties together! :D

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=73415&password=&sort=1&cat=3972&page=1

Aiji Sasayaki
08-22-2003, 10:26 AM
I made an original costume for Halloween last year:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=16241&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=3
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=28008&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Originals are always so much fun!! I wanted to wear this at Dragon*Con this year... but since I can't go, hopefully next year ^_^

I love that costume, Daitenshi ^_^ if I was over 5 feet, I'd be wearing boots like that, but, eh..those types of boots are always -way- too high on me, if you see my point -^_^- I hope to scan my werecrow costume, since I'm pretty proud of how it's coming out!

kdthompson
08-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Awesome costume Daitenshi! I love the boots as well; it reminds me of a cross between a jrocker and something from Guilty Gear X, and you look absolutely great in it as well.

Now that the photos are working...Here's my Original character's costume!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4694&ppuser=5509

Songblade
08-25-2003, 02:27 AM
My friend helped me make one of my comic book character's costumes and I wore it to Fanime this year ^_^;; A kitsune in light blue and dark purple...

Aiji Sasayaki
08-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Awesome costume Daitenshi! I love the boots as well; it reminds me of a cross between a jrocker and something from Guilty Gear X, and you look absolutely great in it as well.

Now that the photos are working...Here's my Original character's costume!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4694&ppuser=5509

Those boots are hella cool, Dar-Dar! Did you get those from Hot Topic or something..? I have a friend dressing as a J-rocker knight and he needs some high-heel boots.

Shine-Chan
08-25-2003, 12:24 PM
I made an original costume to experiment with my sewing machine. It is white and navy with lots of bells and ribbons. I made some foam core wigs and covered them in velum and the leaves off silver dollar plants. It looks like a cross between scales and feathers. I sprayed some of them blue and left the rest white. I got realy in to it and used tiny Christmas lights to make them glow. Now all I have to do is make a harness to hold them and the battery packs. It is fun to draw something and then make it come to life in 3-D. My friends say it should be our mascot now.

kdthompson
08-26-2003, 07:05 PM
The boots I ordered online actually. check it out. There's 'Nancy boots'

http://www.goodgoth.com/

They were $50-ish...I and I got them on sale; I don't know if they are any more.