PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair cosplay suggestions?

Kay Dubs
01-18-2009, 06:49 PM
During the summer I will probably have surgery to repair my malformed ribcage, this will not hinder me from attending Anime Expo. I figured it would be easier on me to rent a wheelchair to get around the con, less stress on my ribs.

Here's the problem: lack of wheelchair bound characters. I want to work with it because that's a lot cooler than being a gimp version of whoever. Any ideas? Here's what I have so far;

* Acro (Phoenix Wright)
* Rotom Gajinka Lawnmower Form (Pokemon)

☆ KEITA
01-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Why not try Rufus Shinra from the movie Final Fantasy VII Advent Children? O:

Roxhem
01-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Hmmm... Rufus Shinra spent most of his time in wheel chair through Advent Children ;) You could try him.

EDIT: I got beat to the punch! XDD

KakeraのTsuki
01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Rufus Shinra From Advent Children =] The one that has a sheet draped over him the entire time because of Geostigma~ Might not be the most flattering cosplay ever, but it's the first thing that comes to my mind ^^;

edit: Lol, got double-beat to the punch D:

kaiyrah
01-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Hmm... Teo from Avatar: the Last Airbender? It's not a typical wheelchair, but I don't think anyone would get nitpicky with that.

Also, here's hoping for your safe recovery. =)

Yunalicia
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Professor X? He is the only one I know in a wheel chair besides FFVII dood. I am pretty sure there was a topic about this before. Try searching and there may be some more ideas in the thread.

silver_wolf
01-18-2009, 08:34 PM
There's Nunnally (http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/characters/images/nunnally_COMP.gif) from Code Geass and she has a few outfits/wheelchair designs to choose from.

EgnirysFaye
01-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Someone asked a similar question: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=161238&highlight=wheelchair

Hopefully there might be some more ideas on there too ^^

alex182
01-19-2009, 05:59 AM
There is Mariko from Elfen Lied, although I'm having a hard time finding pics of her.

saiyamanmasenko
01-19-2009, 09:26 AM
if you wanna go way retro there's Chip from the G1 Tranformers series. Or there's Oracle from DC Comics. Those are the only two rght now aside from what has already been said.

sweet-decay
01-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Ohh man you're so lucky!<3 I've always wanted to be able to do a wheelchair cosplay.. Then again, the person I want to be is also missing a leg... (and an eye...) Bikko! Though that's probably not your style.. >_>

Fainne Roisin
01-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Ohh man you're so lucky!<3 I've always wanted to be able to do a wheelchair cosplay.. Then again, the person I want to be is also missing a leg... (and an eye...) Bikko! Though that's probably not your style.. >_>
Oh man, I would love to see a Bikko cosplayer!

sweet-decay
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh man, I would love to see a Bikko cosplayer!

Yeesss, it's always nice to see someone knows who Bikko is! >:D Yeah, if no one else goes for it, I'll definately give it a try soon. I have a few ideas about getting the whole leg issue. And the eye-- intense make-up..

but anyway, another thing I'd thought I'd mention for the thread's poster.. You would probably make a really good Nunnally!

KinkyxXxWaffles
01-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't think of another character for you, but I just wanted to say that going for a wheel chair for the con is a great idea. Definatly do it, if you stress out bones like that they dont heal as well. (speaking from experience)
You could always just cosplay as whoever and just be like "Oh my cosplay is of this person after they fell down a flight of stairs/ got mauled by a bear/ fell off a cliff, etc"

phaedrus
01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Mermaids: The world needs more of them.

Lucrezea
01-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I second Mariko from Elfen Lied. Judging by your avatar, I think you would suit her as well, even though she's a small child.

Haku23
01-23-2009, 04:16 PM
There's this girl from To Heart 2:Another Day that's in a wheelchair. I don't know anything about her other than I thought the figure was cute though ^^;;;

warning, down near the bottom of the page there's some NSFW pictures since the figure has a cast off skirt :'D
http://akibahobby.net/2008/03/toheart2_anotherdays_ikuno_review.html

lamalama
01-24-2009, 10:50 AM
do you mind crossplaying?

how about faust VIII from shaman king

xRazzClone
01-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Sora Takeuchi from Air Gear. : D
You could also do a lot of game characters and tape a "Lost all 3 lives" sign to your wheelchair or something like that.

Ammy-chan
06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I totally agree. Awesome suggestions. Although I must say, being a female who uses a wheelchair, don't let that detail eliminate any of your choices. Because really, what are people looking at, the chair or the amazing costume? ^_^

I have been cosplaying Misa Amane my past 2 cons, and find that it adds this interesting edge/conversation piece to my cosplay. I actually had a number of people ask me if I actually used it or if it was a prop. I'd smile and reply that either Light abused me or that I am Misa who survived the suicide attempt. <3

Have fun!

blackcat523
06-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Heck, for guy Jean Havoc from FMA (manga version)

but something different, dress up the wheelchair as in make the wheelchair a car of sorts.

Maybe speedracer (make the chair the mach 5).. or princess peach from Mario cart (make the chair the car)

but don't let the chair limit you, do who you want. Most cosplayers will understand the need for the chair. It's not what your in it's how you present the outfit.

RabidXNinetails
06-16-2009, 01:54 AM
You could be Edward Elric from FullMetal Alchemist. When he's younger he's in a wheelchair, before he gets automail. Buuut that would require a lack of arm and leg. So maybe be younger Ed who has automail and is recovering? xD