PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

nocturnalkitten
07-24-2003, 02:38 AM
Ok, I'm a cosplay newbie and was thinking of cosplaying a character from Soul Calibur II(Talim or Xianghua). My bf told me that was silly because people probably wouldn't recognize the character and that I'd be better of with a character from King of Fighters or Streetfighter. Do people cosplay Soul Calibur characters at cons? I'd appreciate any opinions before I get my heart set on a specific video game character. Thanks!

~T :juggler:

Cole
07-24-2003, 02:56 AM
My sister will be cosplaying as Seung Mina very soon at CNA '03. But it shouldn't matter if poeple recognize you right away or not. As long as youhave fun and look cool :D

DeathCom
07-24-2003, 05:01 AM
Popularity isnt the most important reason to pick a character. That said...

Soul Calibur is often cosplayed at conventions, and with good reason. Of all the 3D fighters, its got some of the most creative characters seen (anywhere even). At just this past Anime Expo there was a horde of SC costumers (see the pics in Eurobeat King's AX gallery on this site). Hopefully at Otakon, there will be another group. Just about everyone who plays fighters knows about Soul Calibur. However, I will say that Xianghua is more recognizable than Talim is, only because she's been in the last game too.

Anyway, to see some of the SC costumes Ive seen personally on the east coast, take a look at my site's (http://members.aol.com/deathcom5/) front page.

-DeathCom

Daala
07-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Do it! Do it!! Talim & Xianghua are both good SC picks.

My cousin did cervantes (check my gallery) a charater no one would cosplay, and he love it. Ppl knew who he was at the con, and I've seen loads of Xianghua's arounds.

I'm going as Seung Mina(sc2) & Mitsurugi (sc1) this year for Otakon, and if no one know who I am...It's fine but I will have loads of fun doing it.

Farmboybob
07-24-2003, 12:13 PM
I say go for it. I love Soul Caliber and would also someday love to do a costume from it. Actually I really want to do Nightmare but that costume is soo freaking hard and I just don't have the time, money, experiance to do it.
But yeah, if you want to cosplay Soul Caliber, go for it.

Jinx
07-24-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm planning on doing on of those two costumes (hopefuly both, if time and money persist ^-^;; ) in the future, and go ahead and do it. Besides, you decide who you want to be anyway.

Lillyxandra
07-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Go for it! You will be surprised how popular soul calibur 2 really is! My sister and I went as Ivy (http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/96ivyhole.jpg?4017) and Taki (http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/96takihole.jpg?5413) to AX
Surprising a lot of people knew we were from SC2, even in my 3rd player Ivy costume people recognized it even though it hasn’t been released in the US yet!

Besides, a whole lot of people cosplay as King of Fighters and Streetfighter characters, its nice to have a break from seeing the same fight game costumes over and over again^_^

DeathCom! thanks again for all the screen shots of ivy and taki^_^

xrj
07-25-2003, 11:52 AM
uhh, i have a weird situation.

1. i'm a guy
2. i chose to cosplay Yunsung from SC2

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=56402

yunsung isn't as recognizable as some of the other characters. and it seems that a lot of people don't remember all the guy characters from SC2 either...hehe.

at ACen 2K3 and AX2003, it ended up being the following:

1. the few that actually who i actually was said "hey! you're yunsung. awesome!!" but they didn't take my picture?
2. those who mistakenly knew who i was called me "hwang." wait til 2k4 cons and you'll see my hwang. but until then, i only have a yunsung costume. oh and those ppl who called me hwang actually took my picture.
3. the bulk of the people took my picture b/c i was w/ some girl that they recognized, either that i was w/ a lenne, jibriel, whatever. it didn't matter that we weren't from the same series...they still took our picture. haha.
4. and a lot of times, people said "cool costume/your sword is awesome." and they'd talk to you....but they had NO idea what game you're from.

so yeah i'd say that it's not too recognizable for guys, but for girls you should have no problem. and the hype of the US console release has got a lot of people looking into the game. by that time, a lot of people will be able to recognize you.

kerochan
07-25-2003, 12:50 PM
i wish i could have done my XiangXua from Soul Caliber this year, but it proved to be really difficult for me, but it doesn't mean that if I see any of you guys at Otakon I won't take any pictures!
Soul Caliber is the best game series EVER!

nocturnalkitten
07-25-2003, 01:21 PM
My first con won't be till Anime Boston in April. Sooo far away, but then I'll need the time to get my Caska costume together too. Hopefully that will turn out to be an amazing costume with all the armour and the crazy boots. Are any of you guys going? I hope to see some of you there. It'd be kick ass to bum around Boston with a fun group of people. You better at least come up and say hi to me!...muwahahaha. =D

~T

Tiyena
07-25-2003, 03:42 PM
soul calibur is the best game ever in my opinon i get totally hooked on it when i start playing, that's why i'm going as Seung Mina my favorite charactor from the game

Farmboybob
07-25-2003, 08:53 PM
so, has anyone been/going to be Nightmare. I must know. O_o

Lillyxandra
07-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Farmboybob
so, has anyone been/going to be Nightmare. I must know. O_o

man! Id love to see someone pull that off right! It would take some crazy skillz to do Nightmare.

Jun_Kazama
07-26-2003, 07:17 PM
SC is awesome.
I hope to do an Ivy costume (2nd outfit from the 1st game) sometime in the future..maybe at Anime Boston?

Daala
07-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah... That my next outfit the IVy 2p form SC1. I love that look.

Anywho I wish someone would do nightmare, but I've only see one guy and he was in england...

Farmboybob
07-27-2003, 02:10 PM
I think nobody does Nightmare because of his freaky arm.
I could see his sword being done, but that arm of his, looks almost impossible. Oh well. Maybe someday someone crazy will make it. Then I can die happy.

Nightmare
07-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Well no need to fear, although my plans for doing Nightmare for this year have changed, I plan to have it finished completely for the next con that I am able to go to. It depends on how much time I have between cons to decide which costume. If it is a long time, I will try to do the 1p version, with full body armour. I haven't figured out how I am exactly going to do the arm, hence why I am not doing it this time though. But I also plan to put a little something in for the fans., more to come on that. I might try to debut it at A-Kon next year if I drive, it would be sort of hard to try to get that sword on a plane. You guys will have to wish me luck on that sucker.

And by the way, those costumes are nice, I would have been able to tell who you guys were in a heart beat. Especially the Ivy (my second fav. after Nightmare), you did that remarkebly well. Hopefully I can get my girlfriend to do that. I've been working on a way to get her sword to go from blade to whip and back again. It'll work, but will take quite a few times to get right. Hopefully I can pull that off as well. :)

Farmboybob
07-27-2003, 02:36 PM
As soon as you finish the Nightmare costume (when ever that is), PLEASE pm me. I really wanna see it.

Lillyxandra
07-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Wow! Good luck on your nightmare arm, Id love to see the results once its finished! Hopefully you will be able to have it done by a-kon 2004, My sister and I will most likely bring our SC2 costumes to that con, maybe we can get together a Soul Calibur group!

*o* your making an ivy sword that actually works!?!? That’s so awesome! I really want to see that!

Nightmare
07-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Oh, I plan on having it ready for A-Kon '04 if I can go. Depends on if I have money/time, and if I don't have training which I don't think that I will(crosses fingers). The only problem will be deciding if I want to fly or drive, if I do get it done in time, I will probably have to drive, I hate being stuck in a car for 12 hours. But the good thing is, I would have free lodging(grandparents live like 5 minutes from the convention center). And if I get that done, I would love to have a SCII group together, especially with you two. You two looked great(cowers in order to not get hit). If I get done with my costume, I'll be sure to post it up somewhere so maybe we can get together sometime at A-Kon.

So whereabouts in Texas are you from, I was born in Euless (near Dallas), but I live in Huntsville, AL now. :)

kazamaCEO
07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Go for it! ^_^ I'm just starting to get into SC, with everyone around here playing the second one ALL THE TIME. >_< But, yeah, I admire Ivy... I'd like to do the little purple outfit sometime. I'd REALLY like to find some people to be a group with me, might give me a little more reason to make the blasted thing. ;.;

SC is getting big though and the costumes are awesome anyways, I say do it. ^^

I would kill to see a good Nightmare costume. O_O He's a hot blonde barbarian, come on... ^^;;

Rethul
07-28-2003, 10:43 PM
If I had the chance I'd like to do Voldo... he's so under done (played in game and cosplayed) though... the only hard part would be figuring out how to make it look like my head was shaved.

PS: Good Luck on your nightmare costume! I would love to see such a thing! Perhaps looking into latex for the joints of the arm? Also you'd probably need a harness under your armor to hold it on :)

The-Real-Link
07-29-2003, 12:23 AM
I wonder if doing a Link for the SCII Gamecube version would work? Too bad, right now I don't have enough time to change stuff around for that, but it would still be awesome to see a SCII Link!

Isaldur
07-29-2003, 12:47 AM
SC2 link is just old oot link.

Nothing really to be done.. unless you want to get a shorter tunic ;)

The-Real-Link
07-29-2003, 12:52 AM
I don't think I can go much shorter with it :(

Nightmare
07-29-2003, 01:32 PM
You can do a butterfly net for Link, it's his joke weapon in the game. Just eomething to maybe tell the difference between OoT and SCII. :)

Griever
07-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Nightmare- That would be so cool if you did the full body armor!

I'm thinking about making Nightmare's 2nd costume from SC2.
But yeah, that arm is gonna be tough to make.
Soon I'll start on the soul edge, but I have a question; is the eye on both sides of the blade or just one?

Farmboybob
07-30-2003, 09:06 PM
I have his action figure made by McFarlane and the eye is only on one side. Good luck to you and to Nightmare on making the Nightmare costumes. And please PM me when you finish.

Nightmare
07-31-2003, 02:16 AM
heh. No problem. It'll be a while before I get started on it. I have to start on one costume, go to that con. Then I have to decide on how I am going to everything (i.e. arm, armour, which version I'll end up doing). I also plan on having one special surprise for my costume to put it over and above the rest of all other costumes at the con I take it too.

Griever, what are you making your sword out of? I was planning on making mine out of a log that I got from a friend's house. Just to support the abuse that I'll end up putting it though. :)

DeathCom
07-31-2003, 02:31 AM
Lillyxandra: Your very welcome. Your Ivy turned out beautifully. Excellent work indeed. Im glad I could help ^_^

Griever: They eye is in fact on both sides. It even blinks and to some extent, trys to look at the opponent. (this effect was more noticable in SCOne for some reason than it is in SCII)

-DeathCom

Daala
07-31-2003, 07:45 AM
Once Otakon has passed I can start work on my Mitsurugi S2 armor. Right now my hard point is painting Seung Mina's dress (p2) SCII. I'm working off of old gamewatch screen shots...oh well this is what happens when you lack the import.

Anywho! Nightmare don't forget the strapping system we talked about for the arm, if still need more help let me know.

Here's hoping I get this dress done before Otakon ^_^

xrj
07-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Daala: try this - http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2-costumes.html#seungmina

i don't know if you've seen that already, but that's probably the closest you'll get without actually owning the game. the site has good pics for all characters.

Nightmare
07-31-2003, 12:30 PM
I haven't forgotten about the arm strap, but that'll only look good if I do 1p. If I do 2p, it'll be hard to do the strap and not have it shown. I have quite a while until it needs to be done. So I can get everything figured out by then. :)

Griever
07-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Nightmare- I am going to make mine out of styrofoam and covering it in plaster and bondo. This is the method I am curretnly using for my gunblade. I royally suck with wood plus I lack most of the tools. :hafha:

Try the wood, it will be a lot stronger than mine. God I hope it doesn't break on me.

And a big thank you to Farmboybob and to Deathcom.

Nightmare
08-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Well, one of the reasons I stopped the progress of my Nightmare costume is, since we are making it out of a log which I have to cut down using a chainsaw, I sort of broke my friends chainsaw somehow. And I wouldn't have enough time to cut it down using a handsaw. So, mine was pushed back for a few months. Plus for my little surprise that I have in store with my sword, I have to make it out of wood, it's the only thing that can support the weight other than metal, and that will wind up getting too expensive. :)

Daala
08-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the link xrj... I'm finished! I picked out one of her other staffs, just to make something diffrent. I'll post my photo on my gallery. ^_^

Nietsche
08-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by xrj
uhh, i have a weird situation.
yunsung isn't as recognizable as some of the other characters. and it seems that a lot of people don't remember all the guy characters from SC2 either...hehe.
so yeah i'd say that it's not too recognizable for guys, but for girls you should have no problem. and the hype of the US console release has got a lot of people looking into the game. by that time, a lot of people will be able to recognize you.

SC2 is still relatively new methinks! Given time I believe people will start to recognise it!
On a side note, you made a great YunSung at AX. I would have shook your hand when I saw you but I was a little predisposed..
Makes me want to make a YunSung now, alternate outfit?! (Puts it in the do later pile)

Daala
08-29-2003, 07:37 AM
Now that SC2 is out! What are the chances to see more SC cosplay? I was looking over my cousins art book that came with his game, and I was right on the money with my Seung Mina Outfit! Now I have better view of all her staffs and I'm going to make some more to go with my outfit. ^_^

Pincer
08-29-2003, 08:25 AM
I'm planning on doing Kilik sometime in the future. Only kick in the butt is I can't grow my hair to that length, hence I have to style up a wig.

Jun_Kazama
08-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Ok, I picked up my copy of Sc2 the other day and I'm now officially obsessed with it. :p

I think I'm probably gonna end up doing Ivy's costume from the 2nd one instead (i can't even remember what her one from the 1st game looks like). Getting all those gold designs and stuff on the back of her coat is gonna be a pain. And I pla on making a whip sword that can go from solid to whip form (thats prolly gonna be tough). If i can't pull that off I'm gonn make both a whip version and solid version.

I'd also like to do A taki cosplay in her 2nd outfit (sc2)
And a seung Mina cosplay (not sure which costume yet..anything but her 2nd costume from the second game..ugh..)

I'm not going to another con till like next spring though so I've got plenty of time.

Daala
08-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Oh her player 2 outfit is so cool!! I've done cervantes' jacket for my cousin and her jacket reminds me of that.... looks just as easy. Trim and lots of fabric paint! ^_^
I even found the pattern at Joanna's ....

if anything the boot would be a pain

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 11:52 AM
I already cosplayed as Nightmare..what a pain it was..Nightmare ended my cosplaying of any character in Soul Caliber/Soul Edge. Heavy, heavy costume, especially the blade..

Daala
08-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Aw! You should post some images, I'd love to see it.

I already cosplayed as Nightmare..what a pain it was..Nightmare ended my cosplaying of any character in Soul Caliber/Soul Edge. Heavy, heavy costume, especially the blade..

Nietsche
08-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm...YunSung's green outfit....

xrj
08-29-2003, 12:34 PM
I think I'm probably gonna end up doing Ivy's costume from the 2nd one instead (i can't even remember what her one from the 1st game looks like).

she's wearing a similar outfit that's red with white boots. but the jacket didn't have shoulders that were as broad as the SC2 one, nor did it have a tail. look:

http://www.soularchive.jp/soulcalibur/Ivy/ivy_pro.htm

(SIDENOTE: http://www.soularchive.jp/ = good reference site for any SC/SE cosplay)

And a seung Mina cosplay (not sure which costume yet..anything but her 2nd costume from the second game..ugh..)

artbook concept!! i like that one the best and wish they replaced her 3P with that one instead.

Hmmmm...YunSung's green outfit....

err...the artbook concept one? he reminds me of talim. haha.

i'm actually going to do the yunsung blue and gold one in the artbook (first concept drawing for him in the book).

but for some october cons here, i'm going to go nostalgic and be hwang 3P version (brown and green costume) from Soul Edge.

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 12:57 PM
man! Id love to see someone pull that off right! It would take some crazy skillz to do Nightmare.

I've got a budget of about a grand, so mine shouldn't come out too bad... I'm also a student of Dick Smith (do an imdb search, he's a makeup artist), if that tells anybody anything about my ability, not pro level yet though :(

Kell

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 01:11 PM
I would..if I had a scanner ~_~' theres no pictures of me either on sites. I hate having my picture taken..not a photogenic person..I'll try to scan some eventually.

Daala
08-29-2003, 01:26 PM
LOL! I hate taking pictures too, and no one knew who I was at Otakon so I have even less images of my Seung Mina outfit.

I would..if I had a scanner ~_~' theres no pictures of me either on sites. I hate having my picture taken..not a photogenic person..I'll try to scan some eventually.

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 01:30 PM
No one knew who Nightmare was when I cosplayed him. I had the costume to perfection, but..I'm a girl ^_^' that might have confused a few people on who I was suppose to be..

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 01:39 PM
how long ago was this? I've always been familliar with the character

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 01:41 PM
that message got cut short, I meant to say that I figure he's been in the mainstream for awhile

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Awhile after the first game (Soul Caliber.) I've only own it to one convention because it's too heavy.

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 01:49 PM
too heavy, eh? what exactly is it made from?

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 01:55 PM
Metal, lol. I actually had the armor made, and his 'goat hand' as I like to call it was metal, plaster, and a few other things, and the red eyes where glass. It was expensive, very much so..very hot and heavy. I don't think the first Soul Caliber was as popular as Soul Caliber 2, but..I can't remember. Horrible memory..

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 01:59 PM
ah, cool, though I don't know why you did the "goat" arm out of plaster and metal O_o
speaking of which, any idea what type of metal and what grade you used?

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure ~_~ I had a family member make it, and I'm not sure what it was. I just know it ripped a hole in my wallet..and the hand, I had no other idea on how to make it. It seemed the best way in making it look as close as possible to the real thing at the time atleast. That was my first big costume, and I didn't know how to go about it..

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 02:11 PM
I'll probably do mine out of foam (latex, not foam rubber), would be pricey (though it'll only be a foam skin over the arm mechanism), but worth it in the long run.

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 02:15 PM
^_^ it'd be alot better to make it lighter, believe me..I was in pain the next day. I should have known better and made it out of form, and sheet plastic..

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 02:20 PM
weight shouldn't be too much of a problem, in my case I could probably do the entire thing and keep it under 20 lbs (without the soul edge)

Hopefully in a few weeks I should have the info at my fingertips on how to do animatronic arm extensions, whether or not I could actually make one though is up in the air.... I'll probably get started when I have a better idea of how to do that, though
I want those fingers to move, dag nabbit

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Shine-Chan gave me this site for making some claws for an original character costume I'm making. It's Vincent Valentines claw, but it may help alittle http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_vincent.html

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Nightmare's claws are a little different, his "goat hand", as you call it, is longer than my arm. It goes down a little past his knees if I remember correctly, so I have to make an extension and a mechanical hand that can controll finger movement.

Iori Yagami
08-29-2003, 02:43 PM
True, true..I didn't have finger movement for my hand. Couldn't think of anything ^_^ I should have bought of those still little hands you can get at the Halloween stores, lol. Atleast I could have gripped things..somewhat.

twentystitches
08-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Hurrah for Soul Calibur 2 cosplay! Only have had the game for two days, and I love it muchly.

>_> I want to cosplay Nightmare too, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. The more I look at that sword the more I go "hmm...nope.." XD. I will eventually do his 2nd costume. Yesh.

Good luck to those making his costumes. x_x; *waves fans of encouragement*

Hopefully I'll be making Voldo's 1st costume for a con next year. >_> I like Voldo, once you get past the creepy breathing...he's..just creepy. XD But he's flexible~!

SC costumes seem very challenging to make. All of them have weapons and most of them have really detailed outfits or lotsa armor. X_x; Most of the guys have this shirtless thing going on too...not so kind to female crossplayers. ^_~; Ah...Enough of my rambling... ^_^;;

Kell_Dragon
08-29-2003, 07:08 PM
thanks for the support, though the only thing I should have a problem with is the body cast, seeing as I can't mold my own body myself.... gonna have fun teaching my friends how that's done

Daala
08-31-2003, 12:37 PM
uhg! Good luck Kell_Dragon. That sounds like it will be fun...heh ^_^

Kell_Dragon
08-31-2003, 01:48 PM
lol, fun is how parts of the arm layer of the armor

I'll have to sculpt it in layers and attach them in the final...... and make it so they all seam together
I think I can get away with making the shoulder on the giant arm a seperate piece from the rest of the arm, and attaching that to the chest plate

Kell_Dragon
08-31-2003, 02:05 PM
it's not that hard, just frustrating
a lot of trial and error

Chanté
09-01-2003, 12:46 AM
Hi everyone ^___^ Can anyone help me find some in-game pictures of Xianghua's sky blue brocade outfit (with the purple pants and excessive makeup)? I seem to be having trouble. Thanks in advance, and good luck to all of you on such intricate costumes! :D

Kell_Dragon
09-01-2003, 12:57 AM
If you can IM me at KellDragon224 (aim) or 18069826 (icq), I've got a few handy

xrj
09-01-2003, 12:02 PM
i did scan a few from the artbook and i guess i could scan a few more. let me know if you still want me to scan antyhing (that goes for anyone).

but NO i will not scan the whole thing. tooo many pages.

isami
09-01-2003, 02:30 PM
I would really like to do Talim from SC2. I'm just not too sure on what costume. Depends on if I can get my abs in shape by next Summer. X3

XRJ, do You think you can scan some of her pics for me? That would be great if you could. ^__^

~Isa

Chanté
09-01-2003, 09:36 PM
I would really like to do Talim from SC2. I'm just not too sure on what costume. Depends on if I can get my abs in shape by next Summer. X3

XRJ, do You think you can scan some of her pics for me? That would be great if you could. ^__^

~Isa
Wow! You'd be awesome as Talim, you look just like her! :D

isami
09-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Wow! You'd be awesome as Talim, you look just like her! :D

wai, you think so? That really makes my day! Thank you. ^__^

DigitalCactus
09-01-2003, 11:44 PM
I am officialy reviving Cervantes de León but his ultra cool birdman-esque gold armour for Otakon 2004 it should look no different than the original one i had but made of plastic... check my gallery for more info

*runs away*

Kell_Dragon
09-01-2003, 11:47 PM
if it will look no different, why remake it... going for something more rigid?

Daala
09-02-2003, 02:03 AM
The last Cervantes fell apart...good thing you saved the patterns!

Kell_Dragon
09-02-2003, 02:04 AM
haha, whoops !
what, costumes are supposed to last?

mitylene
09-02-2003, 09:00 AM
I am absolutely crazy about Soul Caliber 2! It's my favorite fighting games besides Soul Caliber for the DC. Hehehe ;) My dream would be to do a Taki costume someday, the white really fancy one.

DigitalCactus
09-02-2003, 01:39 PM
hehe that last one was made of cardboard n duct tape.. i was still a newbie and in many respects, still am, but i continue to improve my skills

SephirothXer0
09-02-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm still working on a way to do Nightmare's arm as sort of a big plushie glove...

Kell_Dragon
09-02-2003, 03:30 PM
that would work, but it would be hard to make it fairly convincing, maybe I'm an ass for realism though

xrj
09-02-2003, 04:15 PM
isami: i didn't forget, just that tripod wasn't letting me upload stuff...argh.

anyway, look at these:

http://holy_knight_7.tripod.com/talimconcept1.jpg
http://holy_knight_7.tripod.com/talimconcept2.jpg

hope that helps.

DigitalCactus
09-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Xrj would you happen to have any cervantes images?? even though Im doing his gold costume from SC1 id still like to see more images of his SC2 pirate outfit...

libelle
09-02-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm still deciding wich Xianghua costume I will make... the red or de black 3rd player one?...

does anyone has pictures of Xianghua in her black dress? :confused:

~/~

xrj
09-02-2003, 07:59 PM
http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2-costumes.html

that link has pictures of ALL costumes (front view) for Soul Calibur 2. i've posted this link like 3 times already...heh.

DigitalCactus: yeah i could scan em. they're not great tho. just a big CG from the neck up and then the official art from his torso and up.

libelle: see link above or if you want a better pic of the 2P red version...
http://holy_knight_7.tripod.com/axianghua2p.jpg

Daala
09-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Seeing as I did my Mina and DC is doing his cervantes, I'm going to have to make the pink Talim outfit for my cousin. Maybe next Otakon we'll have the all SC group.. ^_^ Get working DC!! *cracks whip*

Nightmare
09-03-2003, 12:34 PM
umm... Eventually I will get to work on my Nightmare costume. I just have been putting it on hole for right now since im working over 30 hours plus going to school for 16. I'm pretty tired right now. But I already have plans for soul edge, and Nightmare's arm. I just need to start getting money in order to get all of the supplies that I'll need, plus the time in order to put everything together.

DigitalCactus
09-03-2003, 01:39 PM
ammit im missing a few of the original pattersn but i think i'll make do with what i go and actuayl start working on my armour when i get home from school...

heh im waitign for my sister and they off to the house we go.

Kell_Dragon
09-03-2003, 02:05 PM
You know what's kinda funny? I'm the only person doing a Nightmare costume that has any good pics of what I've done in my gallery. I really wonder what level these other guys are on.

isami
09-03-2003, 03:56 PM
XRJ: omg, thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO very very much for the ref-pics. They're perfect!
Only thing is, now I'm torn between which version of Talim to do! Her third blue one caught my eye...but it would probably be less recognizable.
I'll just do all three. That works. woot! Thank you, thank you so much. ^_^ ::giddy::
This is gonna be so fun.

~Isa

xrj
09-03-2003, 04:25 PM
isami: no prob.

Kell_Dragon: to my knowledge, i've only seen one true nightmare cosplay. and it might've been Iori Yagami's. if i do come across a pic, i'll be sure to link it.

the other nightmare i saw was actually just a siegfried. i think it was a cosplayer from germany.

other than that, there hasn't been too many nightmares.

Kell_Dragon
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=19366 there is always this

xrj
09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=19366 there is always this

yes! that is the nightmare i was referring to.

Kell_Dragon
09-03-2003, 04:35 PM
it's okay, I guess, would like a better picture to say for sure

Lillyxandra
09-03-2003, 09:22 PM
oohh id like to see some one do the purple and gold costume ivy has on in the art book. What are those little gold figures around her breast? Is it just me or do they kind of look like croissants hehe

Kell_Dragon nice Nemesis costume, if you can do prosthetics I'm sure your nightmare will turn out looking great!

Kell_Dragon
09-03-2003, 10:00 PM
Nemesis isn't really a prosthetic (yet) he's currently a slip mask (it slips over my head). I've done a singular piece of prosthetic work, which I've never had the chance to apply (it was for a ff10 shiva costume, and the girl never showed up for the con). Anyways, thanks !

Nine
09-09-2003, 05:59 PM
If I had the upper body, I would so go for Nightmare's 2P outfit from SCII. ^^;

I really want to crossplay 1P Ivy, but the armor on her arm scares me ;_; ...so I might go for 3P or 2P first.. ^^;

BitterBeing
09-10-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm going to be doing Raphael (despite my non-resemblance to him), mainly because he's my homeboy, and he grew on me from the first time I used him. (And yes, I use him with SKILL.) When I'll have it done, I dunno, but until then, count me in. ^_^

Daala
09-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Whoa! Raphael cool beans, I'd like to see that cosplay! ^_^

Chanté
09-11-2003, 05:46 PM
My boyfriend (see left) is doing Raphael too! His 1P outfit :D :D

I don't know who I want to do. I'm fluctuating between Seung Mina, Xianghua, and Talim.

Tenshi
09-11-2003, 09:26 PM
I rented the game last week, and I'm hooked ^^. Now I'm looking into making 1P Cassandra for Las Vegas Comic-Con. There's going to be a SC2 tournament -- and I'm nerd enough to want to watch it dressed as one of the characters XD.

I want to do 2P Cassandra eventually -- but that's much more complicated than 1P.

Giant Alucard
09-11-2003, 11:06 PM
After nekocon me and a friend are going to work on my Nightmare costume for either Katsucon or animazement (depending on the time it takes us to finish).

xrj
09-11-2003, 11:39 PM
I rented the game last week, and I'm hooked ^^. Now I'm looking into making 1P Cassandra for Las Vegas Comic-Con. There's going to be a SC2 tournament -- and I'm nerd enough to want to watch it dressed as one of the characters XD.

haha, there's nothing wrong with that. at AX i was wearing my 1P Yunsung and i'd visit the game room from time to time. played some SC2 while wearing my costume....fun stuff. but i only used my Yunsung when i wasn't playing against someone b/c he wasn't one of my good characters yet.

good luck w/ your cassandra!!

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
09-11-2003, 11:45 PM
haha, there's nothing wrong with that. at AX i was wearing my 1P Yunsung and i'd visit the game room from time to time. played some SC2 while wearing my costume....fun stuff. but i only used my Yunsung when i wasn't playing against someone b/c he wasn't one of my good characters yet.

good luck w/ your cassandra!!

I am cosplaying as Talim 1P for Fanime Con 2004! I have a friend of mine who looks like him and is the same height as him! It's cool, but at the same time, it's freaky! He even has a Renason costume that looks like his 1P costume!

Jaquii
09-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Hehe...just joining this convo...not sure who's costume I want to make (I'm throwing around the idea of 2P Talim ).

Does this qualify as Soul Calibur Link? ^_^*
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=79213&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

The-Real-Link
09-12-2003, 12:29 AM
Hey guys, I'm also new to this particular thread but looked at it a few times. Maybe I could pull off a SCII Link since it compares so much with Ocarina of Time Link? Guess I'll have to wait and see!

Jaquii
09-12-2003, 10:29 PM
xrj-you are SO fricking lucky that I didn't know who Yunsung was at ACen 03...I posted a comment on one of your pictures explaining why...
; )

Elvenwolf
09-13-2003, 01:18 AM
Hey, everyone. I want to cosplay as Xianghua (1st blue/purple outfit) for this Soul Calibur II/Halloween/birthday party for one of my friends (sounds complicated, eh?) and obviously, I don't have a lot of time to throw it together. The designs on her chi pao, sleeves, and pants look pretty complicated, so does anyone have any advice on how to go about doing that? As for a clearer shot for the other Xianghua cosplayer:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/SFGang/soulcalibur2/Xianghua.jpg

If anyone has a better close-up picture of her outfit, please send me the link. Thanks!

xrj
09-13-2003, 03:29 PM
jaquii: heh, thanks for the comment. i'm thinking about bringing my yunsung to some october cons in chicago...but i'm not sure yet. too many costumes at the moment.

isami
09-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Elvenwolf: I know the feeling. I hate those intricate designs. <.< You might want to use fabric paint or those paint pen/marker things. I'm not sure how well they work. I haven't tried them yet, but I need to for some of Talim's stuff.

I decided on 2p and 3p talim for 2004, btw. I can't wait to have some of them done and post pics. I'm trying 2p or Halloween, too. ^__^
Good luck to everyone. Oi.
~Isa

Ookami05
09-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Hmm has anyone done the Assassin costume from SC2. (that playable character only in those extra modes) I would want to do his 1P costume.

xrj
09-14-2003, 01:42 AM
Hmm has anyone done the Assassin costume from SC2. (that playable character only in those extra modes) I would want to do his 1P costume.

i was thinking about it but argh, i don't know how many non-SC2 players would recognize you. but still, it is a pretty cool costume.

heki-chan
09-14-2003, 02:10 AM
ill be making Taki, my sister already has Talim, my self-proclaimed cosplay-sister (whitemage) already has a KICKARSE XiangHua costume, Erilan has an amazing Voldo, and i'll be making Raphel for my boyfriend :D yaaaay SCI/II group ^0^

*excited*

Elvenwolf
09-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Heki-chan, sounds like you all will be having a lot of fun ^^ Can whitemage give any tips on making Xianghua's costume, or at least the intricate designs?

Isami - I was considering fabric paint, but it tends to chip off, and I don't know how well markers would go onto a chi pao or purple pants. They might work for the non-gold colored trimmings. Thanks for the suggestions tho ^^

daguru
09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
I found that you guys are wondering about nightmare. I've done some pretty big-ass costumes before and I was considering this costume. A friend of mine really wants this costume, and he is just the right build for him. Since this costume would take a REALLY long time to make, I plan to have it done for Otakon 2004.

Kell_Dragon
09-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Do you have any pics of your work? Went to the website you list in your profile, but not knowing who you are means I'm not sure what work is yours.

MikigamiTokiya
09-14-2003, 08:12 PM
We're going to have a decent size soul calibur group for Anime North (seung mina, taki, xianghua, kilik, yunsung, cassandra, sophita and a talim) so expect pictures wayyy later ^^;;

Jaquii
09-14-2003, 09:15 PM
xrj- If you go to KazeCon, you are going to be glomped by a very happy Zelda *cough* me *cough* : D

Daala
09-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Assassin, hmmm that would be cool. But only SC2 players will know who you are.

Btw, welcome to the topic everyone ^_^. The more SC2 cosplay the better!

Ookami05
09-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Assassin would be a cool idea. I would want to do him but no one would know XD I think i'll do him anyway :P

Daala
09-15-2003, 08:52 AM
I say go for it ^_^ I was Mina at Otakon and only got my photo taken once I think... But I was happy just doing the outfit ^_^

daguru
09-15-2003, 12:33 PM
Do you have any pics of your work? Went to the website you list in your profile, but not knowing who you are means I'm not sure what work is yours.

I'm Rob on the website. We make mostly stormtroopers 'n' stuff. I have tons of leftover armor from rejects and failed designs that I shouldn't have to fabricate anything. :bigtu: The real problem I see, is Nightmare's right arm.

viking_warrior
09-16-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking about doing Nightmare's third costume, or other wise known as good ol' Sigfried. But all of that plate armor would get expensive, but I say what the heck. I'm going to try for it, if the money holds up.

Koumori
09-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Thinking about doing Sophitia and Cassandra for Anime Boston.

isami
09-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Just a quick question: How many of you guys are going to Otakon?
I have a semi-group going. There's about four of us. Hehe....
Anyway, yeah. Who here is gonna be at Otakon 2004? We definately need to get a photoshoot going. ^__^

~Isa

Selphie_fairy
09-17-2003, 03:34 PM
*raises hand* im going but isa you know that cause im part of the semi group heehee but im doing xianghua's third outfit XD the purdy black one!

DigitalCactus
09-17-2003, 03:40 PM
hehe see my signature?

Selphy i still have to scan your sword pics in

Miaka-li
09-17-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking about doing Xianghua in her first costume, but don't know when ^.^ Have to do much more things first O.o

Nightmare
09-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Does anyone else find it quite humorous that even though there were two threads before this one, the subject didn't really start off until the U.S. release? I guess it's just me then...

Well, I still plan on doing my 2P Nightmare costume eventually, I just need to get done with this one that I am working on right now before I can start on it. I already know how I am going to do the arm, i's sort of hard to explain in words however. But for the chest, I have a friend that has latex that I can use, yay!!! I'm not sure where I am going to where it at first, if I go to A-Kon, then most likely then if I have it done by then... if not, then it'll most likely be at AWA (it's the closest one to me). But must get back to writing this paper, then I have to finish these katars buy next weekend... gah... so much to do, so little time to do it in.

-D

Miaka-li
09-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Well.. the game isn't released in Germany right now (have to wait -.-) but I had the chance to play the japanese version on a convention and after playing with every charakter I chose my wish-costume :)

My friend wants to re-do her Sophitia costume and I thought it's a good idea to do a SC costume too...

Kell_Dragon
09-17-2003, 04:51 PM
ummm, Nightmare.... just because you have latex doesn't mean it'll work for the chest

it's all in the method, how were you planning on doing it?

isami
09-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Hai, Laura. You're gonna make such a sexu (© Lulu 2003) Xianghua!!!

Digital: Woot, you're going as Cervantes!!! I'll stalk you this year. ^__^

yuffieleonheart
09-17-2003, 05:07 PM
=D weee i'm making taki sometime ^_^

daguru
09-17-2003, 05:48 PM
um, nightmare....go ahead and explain how you are doing the right arm (that's what this thread is for); I'm still brainstorming and I hope to have it done for otakon.

Eriol
09-17-2003, 06:10 PM
um, nightmare....go ahead and explain how you are doing the right arm (that's what this thread is for); I'm still brainstorming and I hope to have it done for otakon.

Maybe it's just easier to do Nightmare's 3P costume. =P

Kell_Dragon
09-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Hope you're not getting cocky, the engraving on that armor would even give a pro problems.

Eriol
09-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Hope you're not getting cocky, the engraving on that armor would even give a pro problems.

Sorry, I didn't notice the engraving on Nightmare's 3P armor. His 1P does have engraving. I just thought the armor would be easier to emulate than the right arm.

Kell_Dragon
09-17-2003, 09:03 PM
ummm, nightmare's p1 costume is engraved in a few places, very ornate stuff, though

but siegfried's is 100 times more ornate

btw, am I the only person who doesn't see the arm as much of a problem?

twentystitches
09-17-2003, 09:25 PM

Mmm..perhaps not everyone is at the skill level you are at? It does look very complicated and foreboding to the average cosplayer and is a very large, recognizable piece of the costume. ^_^

I most probably will be attending Otakon04 and I'm going to try really hard to get Voldo 1P done in time. I just don't know how long I'd be wearing it...doesn't look to comfortable. XD In any rate, I'll be stopping all the SC cosplayers I see for pictures! A group would be great too see!

Kell_Dragon
09-17-2003, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't put myself at too high of a level above y'all, LOL

Selphie_fairy
09-18-2003, 07:00 AM
nightmare- good luck! i give you props for making that ^^
isami- we are going to rock lol XD hehe cant wait *bounce*
hmmm i havent seen many xianghua cosplayers,and i have yet to see one in the black outfit ;.; if anyoone has seen a person cosplay that i would like to see the picture please heehee

Eriol
09-18-2003, 11:04 AM

Maybe you're good at making monster limbs. I just see the arm as looking organic (as in horror movie organic faces and people) and it often requires a lot of work to make something look organic. As for armor, I'm not thinking necessarily metal, though that would definitely increase accuracy. I've seen people fake metal armor using other materials, but it's hard to emulate something organic.

I'm no expert, but that is how I view this problem based on what I've seen other people have done.

Eriol
09-18-2003, 12:52 PM
I don't know if anybody has seen this, but I found a link to a Ivy's Valentine sword.

http://www.sopia.or.jp/suiryu/w-s/ivy.html
The blade isn't retractable like a whip sword is supposed to be, but it's got the right appearance.

This place appearently sells props.

isami
09-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Um...

who's experienced at making weapons? I have NO clue how to. Never done it before... I don't even know what weapons I'd want to make for her. Maybe her Soul Calibur blades.... ahhh.

Ideas?

~Isa

Elvenwolf
09-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Those weapons look awesome <<stares at kunai for Naruto>> ^^;;;

As for the SCII group, sure I'll be in it as a Xianghua 1P cosplayer if I can only figure out how to do it ^^;; Can anyone give me tips on embroidery and such?

If anyone has pics of other Xianghua 1P cosplayers, plz send them to me. Haha, I need all the help I can get.

Selphie_fairy - I saw you at Otakon and BAAF :P remember the super long dealer's line at BAAF? ^^;;V

Eriol
09-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Um...

who's experienced at making weapons? I have NO clue how to. Never done it before... I don't even know what weapons I'd want to make for her. Maybe her Soul Calibur blades.... ahhh.

Ideas?

~Isa

I'm no expert, but you could use a pair of tonfas (wooden or plastic tonfas) and put materials over it to create her weapons. That is essentially what Talim's weapons are: tonfas (elbow blades).

isami
09-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Eriol: Thank you! I did some searching on the "props and accessaries" forum and found some great info and sites (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=7497&highlight=sword was the most helpful for anyone else who's looking to make weapons)

Elvenwolf: Unfortunately, I haven't had much experience in embroidery, so there's not much advice I can give you. I do know that there are special sewing-machine-esque devices that do embroidery and such. You can always look for one of those at the fabric store (or wal-mart. great place for cosplay shopping, IMO)
If I find any sites with info when I get more time later, I'll be sure to post them. ^__^

~isa

Eriol
09-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Eriol: Thank you! I did some searching on the "props and accessaries" forum and found some great info and sites (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=7497&highlight=sword was the most helpful for anyone else who's looking to make weapons)

Good luck with this. I would suggest making Talim's base tonfas first, because the design is simple and that makes it easier to modify standard tonfas to look like them. The shape of her base tonfas is very uniform and symmetric.

Selphie_fairy
09-19-2003, 09:55 PM
elvenwolf- we are the xianghuas lol XD btw, who were you at otakon or baaf? i have a horrible memory ;.;

isami
09-20-2003, 01:09 AM
::clings to Laura-chan:: I can't wait. You're gonna be so kawaii!

Eriol: agreed. I need the stuff done by the NE picnic, so I decided to go with these (http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2/talim-w-7.JPG) for now. They match the outfit I'm doing at the moment best, too. And they're easy. I'll try to have her soul calbur done by Otakon. ::crosses fingers::
Yup. That's that.

Chanté
09-20-2003, 02:59 AM
Wow isami, I love your new avatar!! *-*

I've decided to actually make Seung Mina's han-bok. ^__^;;!! The idea didn't even occur to me until I discovered folkwear.com - authentic ethnic and historical patterns! YAY!

Seung Mina is my favorite character and (I think) I somewhat resemble her - but I'm not confident enough for the red one yet (considering the green one, but I don't know about her short hair ^^;). BUt when I realized I could make the han-bok WITHOUT improvising with a commercial pattern, I was overjoyed! :D :D

*excited*

Nightmare
09-20-2003, 05:02 AM
Well, I'm back...

Well, the latex that I have is the kind that your supposed to paint on your body. So, it won't be to hard to use that.

And the arm, umm... If you look carefully at his upper arm, its normal size, so I can just use the latex on that as well. For the forearm, I'm looking at like so paper mache around something(haven't decided yet) to give it more strength and shape. For the hand, I'm going to put brads in the joints to where the fingers will be able to bend, and connecting the fingers to mine. That way I can grab the sword with my right hand and make it look like the hand is going to grab it... Plus I have a hidden surprise that I am going to do to the arm to make it a cut above the rest. To give a hint, it also goes into the sword... but that is all that I can release, I haven;'t figured out how I am going to do that part yet.

Selphie_fairy
09-20-2003, 10:16 AM
isa! i must agree with bananaluvs XD your avy rocks heehee as for me, god its so frustrating meeehhhh i cant find a base dress nor do i know how to do the black/white part on xianghuas dress ;.; bah! help ;.; *goes off to go get as many screenshots as she can*

Eriol
09-20-2003, 12:24 PM
Eriol: agreed. I need the stuff done by the NE picnic, so I decided to go with these (http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2/talim-w-7.JPG) for now. They match the outfit I'm doing at the moment best, too. And they're easy. I'll try to have her soul calbur done by Otakon. ::crosses fingers::
Yup. That's that.

Oh, the Chaqu. That looks very easy to modify a set of regular tonfas. It looks like a paint job to change the tonfa's shaft and then glueing of the side blades (or carve a slight indentation into the shaft and then glueing attachments). Good choice for the short-term.

isami
09-20-2003, 01:45 PM
bananaluvs: wai, thank you so much! Hey, are you going to Otakon? I sure hope so. I wanna meet ya!
Selphie: ok, me, you, and Stiv are gonna have to plan some way to get-together. If you don't mind e-mailing me and telling me how tall you are and you're dress size, the two of us can go looking to see if we find something here. NJ is mall-HQ. ^__^
Eriol: definately, I can't wait to get them done.

Everyone: Everyone, post pictures of your costumes as they come along. I wanna see how everyone does. ^__^

~Isa

Xx Lulu xX
09-20-2003, 01:54 PM
^_^ Hey Everyone-!! Just Found This Thread, Just Thought I'd Let You All KNow, Im Crossplaying As Seung Mina...Teh Red One!! :D

Selphie_fairy
09-20-2003, 02:09 PM
isami- lol hehe yea we defiely should and i wouldnt mind at all ^^; thanks you guys hehe this is going to be kick ass XD i posted my in progres pics... MY SHOES buahaha lol :D
lulu- ah yes welcome to the scII madness XD we all know your going to be a ick ass seung mina heehee

Selphie_fairy
09-20-2003, 02:14 PM
I don't know if anybody has seen this, but I found a link to a Ivy's Valentine sword.

http://www.sopia.or.jp/suiryu/w-s/ivy.html
The blade isn't retractable like a whip sword is supposed to be, but it's got the right appearance.

This place appearently sells props.

do they have anymore scII weapons?

Chanté
09-20-2003, 04:12 PM
bananaluvs: wai, thank you so much! Hey, are you going to Otakon? I sure hope so. I wanna meet ya!
Selphie: ok, me, you, and Stiv are gonna have to plan some way to get-together. If you don't mind e-mailing me and telling me how tall you are and you're dress size, the two of us can go looking to see if we find something here. NJ is mall-HQ. ^__^
Eriol: definately, I can't wait to get them done.

Everyone: Everyone, post pictures of your costumes as they come along. I wanna see how everyone does. ^__^

~Isa
I dream of going to Otakon. Though I live in CA and am a poor college student, I'll try my best to arrange the trip. ^_^!

Xx Lulu - Damn, you're daring *_*! You look good!!!

Chanté
09-20-2003, 04:16 PM
isa! i must agree with bananaluvs XD your avy rocks heehee as for me, god its so frustrating meeehhhh i cant find a base dress nor do i know how to do the black/white part on xianghuas dress ;.; bah! help ;.; *goes off to go get as many screenshots as she can*
Hey, maybe you could find a friend or relative who knows how to sew, and make it together! That way, she/he'll do all the hard stuff, and you'll learn how to sew! If you know how to sew, you'll always have a better time than if you're just looking for a base dress - because base dresses that are even close to being the same are so hard to find!

Eriol
09-20-2003, 07:12 PM
do they have anymore scII weapons?

Well, I can't read a word of Japanese to save my soul from Inferno (heh), but this person has made a number of other weapons from anime and video games.

Here is the index page.
http://www.sopia.or.jp/suiryu/w-s/weapon.html

Besides Ivy's Valentine, the only other weapon I recognize from Soul Calibur on that page is Siegfried's Requiem.

Based on the the prices, however, these props are expensive. Some go as high as 50,000 yen, which is about $500 if you go by a 100 yen = $1 exchange rate.

I recognize weapons from Squall's Gunblade to Ky Kyske's and Sol Badguy's weapons. There are also some obscure weapons like some of the Swordians from Tales of Destiny and The Sword from Card Captor Sakura.

RX 03
09-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Hey, I'm in Isami's amd Lulu's SC2 group, and I'm doing kilik's 1st costume *damn you namco, not give him a 3rd costume*.. Any ideas on how to get the embodires on the back of his coat? O_o

ACXchan
09-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Aaaaggghhh I sooo want to do Raphael's third costume, the one you can buy in Weapons Master mode @_@ His hair in the ribbon is just too cute. I want to do a Raphael cosplay for the SoCal Ren Faire but I doubt I'll get it done in time, le sigh. Maybe AX04's a better idea >_o

Ansem666
09-20-2003, 11:23 PM
:P im doing the first reapheal for jacon probaly!!! I l also have friends who are doing 1st Xingua(omi), 1st Yunsung(ken-kun) and 2nd Ivy (susumari)! We're going to have so much fun! and now 4 souls are friecely entangled!!

ACXchan
09-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Ansem, how are you making the design on the back of his blue shirt? I wanted to make his first costume too but I don't know if I can manage putting the black design on the back or getting leather coverlets for my legs @D@;

Xx Lulu xX
09-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Xx Lulu - Damn, you're daring *_*! You look good!!!

^^ Awww Thank yoU! I think you have the body to do the red one more than i do tho...

Psychotic Jei
09-21-2003, 04:55 PM
PErsonally I like Kiliks 2P costume better. Which is why its still in the "to=do" list.

Chanté
09-21-2003, 05:14 PM
^^ Awww Thank yoU! I think you have the body to do the red one more than i do tho...
Wow, that was really flattering! I thought about the red one, but not only will my boyfriend be seriously unhappy, I'd also feel a little embarrassed in public. *self-conscious* ^^; But thank you, that really made my day!

Xx Lulu xX
09-21-2003, 05:16 PM
that really made my day!

^^ its only fair, you made mine when i saw that comment! The main reason behind me doing that costume is trying to overcome my self conciousness....^^; hopefully i wont gross people out....

Selphie_fairy
09-21-2003, 05:29 PM
nah you wont gross people out XD if you do ill have to poke thenm with my PAINTBRUSH BUAHAHA lol XD but lu you are ging to make a fab mina so dont worry XD i can tell how hard you and isa are working on your cotuumes (glitter...yum)

Xx Lulu xX
09-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Awww! laura, i <3 you!! You're so nice! I am so helping you with your costume! I dont care how much work it is, im helping you!!!!

Ansem666
09-21-2003, 06:54 PM
ACXchan, i have NO idea how im making rapeal yet. I havent really planed it out so far. But um for the back i was thinking fabric paint or something like that... ill get back to you when i think of a disign

Susumari
09-21-2003, 07:13 PM
[cough] well ain't i coming in late to this thread...but since Ansem let me play it! I found a fav character and found out who i'm cosplaying as. which will be...Ivy the 2nd costume. I really like the old elegant style, and not revealing like her other ones.

isami
09-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Susumari: hey, welcome to the club. XD

2p Ivy, huh? Awesome. Looks hot, though...

Oi, I'm trying to put together a bunch of SC2 ref pics. I've been sifting through literally TONS of sites and picking out some good shots of people's outfits and such. I'll see how far I get. I've got a few so far... blee.
~Isa

ACXchan
09-21-2003, 09:17 PM
I just found out that GameStop was giving out a *free* SCII artbook with every reserved copy of the game T___T I got mine at Electronics Boutique so all I got was an Ivy t-shirt x_x;; The artbook's good reference for costume pics although it has like only the first two costumes for each character. I guess just screen capping the game and accessing the art galleries are the easiest way to get reference pictures.

xrj
09-21-2003, 10:13 PM
I just found out that GameStop was giving out a *free* SCII artbook with every reserved copy of the game T___T I got mine at Electronics Boutique so all I got was an Ivy t-shirt x_x;; The artbook's good reference for costume pics although it has like only the first two costumes for each character. I guess just screen capping the game and accessing the art galleries are the easiest way to get reference pictures.

actually the artbook has costume concepts for certain characters. some of the ivy ones would require the hair and the weapon to make you recognizable, but others like seung mina and sophitia concepts are quite obvious.

screen capping is probably one of the best ways, especially in the character profiles. it allows you to move the camera wherever you want. click. click. click. best references you can get.

isami
09-21-2003, 11:07 PM
I tried screenshots using my digital camera, but that doesn't work very well. Not on my TV anyway....
And I can't take screen shots from any vid files on my comp, either. I need some program or something... grrr.
But I'm doing OK so far. I've got a few good shots, though I need to go back and change the meathod I use. Way too slow.... you guys can see what i have.

http://cosplaycrazy.topcities.com/sc2cos.htm

It's in it's very very pre-planning stages right now, so... don't mind the ugliness. XD

~Isa

Chanté
09-21-2003, 11:56 PM
edit: never mind what I said here ^___^;;;

Eriol
09-22-2003, 06:52 PM
I tried screenshots using my digital camera, but that doesn't work very well. Not on my TV anyway....
And I can't take screen shots from any vid files on my comp, either. I need some program or something... grrr.
But I'm doing OK so far. I've got a few good shots, though I need to go back and change the meathod I use. Way too slow.... you guys can see what i have.

http://cosplaycrazy.topcities.com/sc2cos.htm

It's in it's very very pre-planning stages right now, so... don't mind the ugliness. XD

~Isa

Just talk to Deathcom if you want screen captures. He's pretty much done all the work already, if you have seen his site.

You would need a TV-Capture card to route the output of the game system to the capture card, and have your monitor act like your TV.

ACXchan
09-22-2003, 07:46 PM
I can make screen caps from my computer, did so with Guilty Gear X2, but the caps are all kind of low quality... They look good if I shrink them down to a small size ^ ^;; What's a good screen capping program? I want to cap Raphael's third costume in all its aristocratic glory XD

isami
09-22-2003, 08:54 PM
oi, such a pain in the butt. I think I'll just stick with what I have and ask the guys over at deathcom for help if i need it.
They're the ultimate SCII cosplay site. Nice. Heh heh heh...

~Isa

Eriol
09-22-2003, 11:17 PM
I can make screen caps from my computer, did so with Guilty Gear X2, but the caps are all kind of low quality... They look good if I shrink them down to a small size ^ ^;; What's a good screen capping program? I want to cap Raphael's third costume in all its aristocratic glory XD

The reason many screenshots are low quality is that a TV is at a much lower resolution than a monitor.

A TV is something like 240x120. Compare that with 1024x768...big difference. That's why you need to shrink the image down.

Another issue is that most video cards only accept a standard RCA yellow video, one of the lowest video qualities. For higher quality, a video card needs to accept S-Video or composite video (composite uses like 5 cables, and is often found on heavy-duty Macs).

Michi
09-23-2003, 05:04 PM
A TV is something like 240x120.

240x120? o_O;; Gah. That's.. different.

ANYWAY.

Um. Does anyone have any good shots of Seung Mina's default costume? I'll probably own the game before I even do the outfit (not til early next year) .. but.. I like to plan. ^_^; I have SC1 and adore Mina, but I'm holding off my SC1 cosplay plans for a while so I can do SC2 with friends. :D

All I have is this http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2/seungmina-1p.JPG o.o and the attached images...

JacksUsername
09-23-2003, 07:20 PM
sorry, no real good pictures of sueng mina, but I'll keep an eye out on the gaming sites i go to.

I really really want to cosplay as Raphael. He has some style ^_^ If I dye my hair for Otakon next year as well, I'm aiming to do his costume, default that is.

DarkGunner
09-23-2003, 08:00 PM
240x120? o_O;; Gah. That's.. different.

ANYWAY.

Um. Does anyone have any good shots of Seung Mina's default costume? I'll probably own the game before I even do the outfit (not til early next year) .. but.. I like to plan. ^_^; I have SC1 and adore Mina, but I'm holding off my SC1 cosplay plans for a while so I can do SC2 with friends. :D

All I have is this http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2/seungmina-1p.JPG o.o and the attached images...

I'd the check the art book if I were you. Find someone that preordered the game from GameStop and they should have received the art book with it. If you don't know of anyone I would be more than happy to scan it for you. Lemme know! ^^

Elvenwolf
09-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Isami - progress photos? Haha ^^;;;; what progress? And yes, I think your new avatar piccie rocks. Thanks for posting some SCII pics on your site.

Selphie - I was at both Ota and BAAF! ^^;; Yay, Xianghuas :P

I could always use closer/clearer shots of Xianghua's outfit + tiara. I literally raided gamespot twice for good screenshots ^^;;

Selphie_fairy
09-23-2003, 09:28 PM
elvenwolf - lol XD buahah you going next year? if you have your cosyume done by then we can take duo xianghua pics XD

I wanna make the piantbrush for xianghua XD that is going to be fun caring a huge calligraphy brush around hehe lol i got me own screenshots of xianghuas third outfit WOOT XD not best quality but they are damn good in my opinion ^^

ACXchan
09-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Eriol: For higher quality, a video card needs to accept S-Video or composite video (composite uses like 5 cables, and is often found on heavy-duty Macs).

::stare:: Well whatdya know, I *do* have an S-video cable port on my computer... ^ ^;; I never used it before.. I just stuck the red, white, and yellow plugs into the CPU @_@; I guess it doesn't help that my monitor is set on 1280x1024 x_x;; Thanks for the tips though!

I second the recommendation of the artbook btw XD

Eriol
09-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Eriol: For higher quality, a video card needs to accept S-Video or composite video (composite uses like 5 cables, and is often found on heavy-duty Macs).

::stare:: Well whatdya know, I *do* have an S-video cable port on my computer... ^ ^;; I never used it before.. I just stuck the red, white, and yellow plugs into the CPU @_@; I guess it doesn't help that my monitor is set on 1280x1024 x_x;; Thanks for the tips though!

I second the recommendation of the artbook btw XD

The red and white are RCA audio jacks. These are the same jacks that plug into most stereos. The yellow RCA jack is the standard video. It is better quality than that RF adapter socket.

Now that you know you have an S-video cable, you need to buy an S-video cable for your game console! I recommend the Monster cable. It is a bit pricey, but the color retention and quality is excellent.

Have fun with the screenshots, but remember, you are still stuck with TV resolutions, so you will have to shrink the image down to get a sharper image.

DarkGunner
09-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Isami - progress photos? Haha ^^;;;; what progress? And yes, I think your new avatar piccie rocks. Thanks for posting some SCII pics on your site.

Selphie - I was at both Ota and BAAF! ^^;; Yay, Xianghuas :P

I could always use closer/clearer shots of Xianghua's outfit + tiara. I literally raided gamespot twice for good screenshots ^^;;

Whoosh, I am starting this yahoo gallery for anyone that needs good guality pictures of SCII characters. If a charatcer is requested like Xianghua was by Elvenwolf, I will scan the images from my art book. yes yes, because Im cool like that. ^^ So right now the gallery just has Xianghua images. Im takin requests for others. I will NOT scan the pages if they are not requested, so please just ask.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/roxthestar/lst?.dir=/Soul+Caliber+2+Scans&.view=t

Chanté
09-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Whoosh, I am starting this yahoo gallery for anyone that needs good guality pictures of SCII characters. If a charatcer is requested like Xianghua was by Elvenwolf, I will scan the images from my art book. yes yes, because Im cool like that. ^^ So right now the gallery just has Xianghua images. Im takin requests for others. I will NOT scan the pages if they are not requested, so please just ask.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/roxthestar/lst?.dir=/Soul+Caliber+2+Scans&.view=t
Broken link! ;_; *wants to see gallery*

DarkGunner
09-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Eeeep I sorry, here the fixed link, should be bettah!! ^^

ACXchan
09-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Eriol: Now that you know you have an S-video cable, you need to buy an S-video cable for your game console! I recommend the Monster cable. It is a bit pricey, but the color retention and quality is excellent.

Oh ho ho ho ho thanks again XD DarkGunner, could you scan in the page that has Raphael's first costume, the one with the dark blue shirt and leather leggings? I'm not sure if I'll manage to get the book myself.

DarkGunner
09-25-2003, 01:14 AM
Oh ho ho ho ho thanks again XD DarkGunner, could you scan in the page that has Raphael's first costume, the one with the dark blue shirt and leather leggings? I'm not sure if I'll manage to get the book myself.

No problemo. ^^ Rapahel has been scanned and uploaded. Clickty Click Click

ACXchan
09-25-2003, 05:07 AM
Thaaaaank you ^ ^! Wow in the closeups I now notice that the rings are looped through the tips of his collar... odd-looking @D@ Still looks good on him though, thanks again XD!

Susumari
09-25-2003, 07:39 AM
No problemo. ^^ Rapahel has been scanned and uploaded. Clickty Click Click

those r great scans you got there. yea, it's pretty hard to find SC2 pics, or it's because i'm lazy. also when i was looking at cosplayers that have done SC2 costumes I was amazed. I could never pull my off as good as theirs.

grendizer
09-25-2003, 09:27 AM
I'd like to solicit some help on a soul calibur 2 costume. I've gota Maxi outfit, but I really need suggestions on a wig and how to style it. Any suggestions?

And any critique comments on the outfit would be welcome: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=40928&password=&sort=1&cat=998&page=1

Daala
09-25-2003, 09:46 AM
WOW! That looks great! oh doing maxi's hair will be fun.... can't help you on that one.

I'm still wondering if I should take a shot at making Mitsu's new armor, I did the 1st player one form SC1.... *sigh*

*edit*

Here's a link for the p1 seung mina outfit , this is where I got my screens as well ( for the p2 outfit) >> Check it out (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030314/sc2.htm)

ACXchan
09-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Hum... on Maxi's hair I'm pretty sure a ton of hairspray would work after you style it correctly however your hair probably won't flop over like his hair because the spray will end up drying the strands. It'll look accurate but stiff ^ ^

Great work on the Maxi costume by the way!

Chanté
09-25-2003, 04:26 PM
HOLY @#$% THAT MAXI COSTUME OWNS ME SO MUCH

YOU'D BETTER COME TO AX2004 BECAUSE I want to eat your costume in person!!!!#!@$!@ It looks YUMMY

Seriously though, that is absolutely incredible. Thank you for the inspiration. *drools*

Susumari
09-25-2003, 04:36 PM
O_O woah; that Maxi kicks ass...i would like to see ppl trying to figure anything wrong with that....cause that's perfect. I've seen soo many great SCII costumes.

Michi
09-25-2003, 06:51 PM
DarkGunner, if you could do some Seung Mina scans that would be AWESOME. ^_^!!

Is that artbook going to be available for individual sale? I wonder if there's some on eBay..

Selphie_fairy
09-25-2003, 07:06 PM
michi- probably ^^ my friend said he bought it but i dunno where O.-

maxi costume owns *nod nod* need xianghua,kilik and maxi pics XD heehee hmm any have suggestions on how to make the end of her calligraphy brush?

Griever
09-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Grendizer: That is wicked cool!!

Eriol
09-25-2003, 09:41 PM
any have suggestions on how to make the end of her calligraphy brush?

broomstick hairs?
large brush hairs?

xrj
09-25-2003, 11:07 PM
broomstick hairs?
large brush hairs?

you might be able to take a cheap witch wig or something and form it by putting like a foam cone inside. then you can style it w/ crazy amounts of hair glue.

DarkGunner
09-26-2003, 10:49 AM
DarkGunner, if you could do some Seung Mina scans that would be AWESOME. ^_^!!

Is that artbook going to be available for individual sale? I wonder if there's some on eBay..

Seung Mina is available for viewing! ^^
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/roxthestar/lst?.dir=/Soul+Caliber+2+Scans&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

** I doubt the artbook will be available for indivudal sale, but I will check at work and see what they plan on doing wih the extras and let you know. Ebay sounds like your best bet for right now.

Ina
09-26-2003, 12:26 PM
hey darkgunner! could you scan some full body taki pictures! (2p)?! please? that would be tons of help!

DarkGunner
09-26-2003, 03:51 PM
hey darkgunner! could you scan some full body taki pictures! (2p)?! please? that would be tons of help!

Here yah go!

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/roxthestar/lst?.dir=/Soul+Caliber+2+Scans&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

Chanté
09-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Just as a note, don't make some of those concept sketches your #1 reference picture, cause some of them turned out differently in the game. For example, Seung Mina 2P has gold embroidery/appliques on the skirt, not white; they're not exactly in the same place as in the artbook; AND her hair is short, not long.

Just for everybody's information =D

Eriol
09-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Some of the concept art look truly interesting. I would have preferred some of them instead of what they chose.

DarkGunner
09-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Just as a note, don't make some of those concept sketches your #1 reference picture, cause some of them turned out differently in the game. For example, Seung Mina 2P has gold embroidery/appliques on the skirt, not white; they're not exactly in the same place as in the artbook; AND her hair is short, not long.

Just for everybody's information =D

Yes, Yes *agrees* Make sure you don't just base your costume off of one picture. Find as many reference pics as you can from the art book as well as the game since small details like embroidery can make or break your accuracy. XP

isami
09-27-2003, 01:09 PM
::rolls back in::

Woot, I've been gone for a bit, ne?

I agree, sometimes being more creative and original can outweigh complete and utter accuracy. I think some of the concept outfits are really neat.

Not that one of Talim, though, that XRJ scanned. I nick named it "Gambler Talim" cuz it reminds me of Rikku's gambler outfit from X-2. Hehhee.

My outfit is slowly getting there. I'm hoping to have it done by the NE picnic on Oct. 25 (you can check out the progress in my Costumes link). Having a blast with it, too. ^__^

~Isa

ACXchan
09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks to Eriol's help and a bit of tinkering with the capture prog on my computer I've managed to capture videos of the weapons demonstrations (Exhibition Theatre). So far I have Raphael's (first costume using the rapier that has a name I can't spell off the top of my head ^ ^;; ) and Siegfried's (third costume using the Glam sword). I think they might be good for costume references... I don't know, anything to help out. I can make more too if anyone wants them but they're probably going to be like 20MB each x_x;

Eriol
09-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Not that one of Talim, though, that XRJ scanned. I nick named it "Gambler Talim" cuz it reminds me of Rikku's gambler outfit from X-2. Hehhee.

Yeah, Talim's concept art looks like she is from India. For some reason, it reminds me of some scene from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.

Thanks to Eriol's help and a bit of tinkering with the capture prog on my computer I've managed to capture videos of the weapons demonstrations (Exhibition Theatre).

I have a better idea. Go to the character profiles section. Pick a character and their weapon. You will see the character standing in their stage. Use the in-game camera to zoom out a little so you can see the whole outfit. Start recording and slowly rotate the camera around the character. After 2 revolutions, stop recording.

You can also change how you want to zoom, but this is a LOT more useful for viewing costume details.

To unlock a character's profile, you have to beat Arcade mode with that character.

ACXchan
09-28-2003, 03:00 AM
I've actually tried that and in my opinion it doesn't really help much because I can't get the camera to pan up and down on the character. Whenever I try to lower the camera to get the details on a pair of pants it won't go down to the shoes unless I zoom way out x_x;; Anyone know how to change the setting on that?

Michi
09-28-2003, 08:04 AM
I don't think there's a way, ACXchan. I was playing with the character profile section today with Seung Mina.. Somewhat erked that I couldn't get any closer with the bottom half of her outfit. o.o I remember getting much closer/better views in SC1.. @_x Ah well.

Oburi_Shima
09-28-2003, 11:57 AM
I was actually thinking of cosplaying Mitsurugi for Otakon 2004, I'm gonna combine his 2nd and 3rd costumes ( 2nd costume head with 3rd costume body)...I have a bokken and I have the facial hair and I'm working on the long hair...but I wanna know where I can find a bath robe like mitsurugi's...if I can't find it by Feb. I'll probably just do his 2nd costume...but I think his 3rd one would be more comfortable when summer time comes around...

Eriol
09-28-2003, 12:35 PM
I've actually tried that and in my opinion it doesn't really help much because I can't get the camera to pan up and down on the character. Whenever I try to lower the camera to get the details on a pair of pants it won't go down to the shoes unless I zoom way out x_x;; Anyone know how to change the setting on that?

You can't pan up and down without zooming out.

Ok, I see what you are trying to do.

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
09-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Hey! Is anyone here going to cosplay as a SCII character for Fanime Con 2004???

Michi
09-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Yes, 1nf3c73dxh4ck3r... ^^; Like I posted to two of your threads already. :X

ACXchan
09-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Michi: Somewhat erked that I couldn't get any closer with the bottom half of her outfit.

Yeah that's my main complaint too! I tried panning up and down to get nice close views of pants and boots but no good u.u;; I guess we'll just have to pay really close attention to our chars when we play the game ^ ^;;

Michi
09-28-2003, 10:50 PM
I think the only way is just.. watching the exhibition a lot, and playing as them a lot.. in addition to their character profile. @_x; The sketch'll help a little bit too, since I'm doing 1P and that's easier to get art of. (I am so sorry for those of you doing second and third etc outfits n.n; With those you have nothing but the game..)

Eriol
09-29-2003, 12:25 AM
There is probably a Japanese artbook or a Japanese game guide with some pictures. Those are harder to import, but those types of books were published for the last installment of the game.

Chanté
09-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Hey everyone, when I was searching the net for images (cause the game doesn't really help ^^;, and I can't make my own screenshots for reference), I found that these sites were great in showing lots of angles for each costume

http://www.gamers.com/game/1058310/media
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/soulcalibur2/screenindex.html

I hope this helps!!
-Cristina

Daala
09-29-2003, 07:44 AM
FYI, For anyone doing Raphael.... check out your local party store's halloween section. I found a fencing foil with a saber handel that would be great for his weapon, just some small mods needed.

Also anyone doing the Seung Mina p2 player outfit I have the stencils for all the painted birds and the back flame parts (I drew all of them from the screens posted last year) in photoshop format, I can make them into pdf or jpgs if anyone needs them.

Michi
09-29-2003, 07:52 AM
What does the artbook that came with the reserved copies of the game have in it?

Daala
09-29-2003, 07:58 AM
My cousin got the ps2 game with the book. It covers all the main characters, concept drawings and images of all the weapons for everyone in the game. Also stages and hidden areas.

Selphie_fairy
09-29-2003, 06:18 PM
bananaluvs- I <3 YOU!!!!!! omg!!! they have screenshots of xianghuas third outfit!!!!omg! *dies* im am tooo happy XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD buahahahaha

btw michi- i just looked at your gallery for a second and omg youll make a fabbulous seung mina!! much luck to you ^^

Elvenwolf
09-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Sorry for the late replies - the modem was confiscated...^^''

DarkGunner - Thanks a lot for those pics. I really needed a good shot of her tiara :D

Selphie - Duo Xianghua pics...Sounds fun!

As for my Xianghua costume progress...I got a retractable sword (= I get to poke people :]), yellow shoes 'll have to cover w/ purple - someone notice that the shoes look like they have yellow "stripes" on 'em in the game, but in the official artwork they're orangey? -.-;; and I bought a blue top with a mandarin collar, but major alterations will have to be done. Pics, maybe soon, I don't have a digi cam.

Michi
09-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Daala ~ Eee wow. I want the artbook. ;_; I'll check eBay. Nyu.

Selphie_fairy ~ Aww! Thankyou so much ;.; I hope so, I adore Seung Mina to death. Good luck to you, too. ^^

ACXchan
09-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Michi: (I am so sorry for those of you doing second and third etc outfits n.n; With those you have nothing but the game..)

LOL the difficulty of getting good, clear shots of those second and third costumes is making me reconsider my choices x_x;

eBay's a great source for the artbook too, just make sure we don't all go there at once and suddenly start outbidding each other XD

As for Raphael's sword, there's a 45" rapier you can get on eBay for about $50 or less. It's made out of stainless steel (ie. cheap, nonfunctional, but decent showpiece) and has a half-basket hilt much like the Reiterhoweveryouspellit. If you line the hilt with red fabric it automatically becomes the flambert. The blade is straight and pointed but the edges are not sharpened. It usually comes with a scabbard too ^ ^ It has no model name though so it'll take some time sifting through eBay to see who has it.

yuffieleonheart
09-29-2003, 09:10 PM
i'm making a xianhua costume =P i hope to make it somtime soon x____________x o_o and i'm making my brother do raphael >=D XD ^__^

Chanté
09-29-2003, 09:17 PM
bananaluvs- I <3 YOU!!!!!! omg!!! they have screenshots of xianghuas third outfit!!!!omg! *dies* im am tooo happy XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD buahahahaha

btw michi- i just looked at your gallery for a second and omg youll make a fabbulous seung mina!! much luck to you ^^
I'm very happy you love me!! :* I'm glad I could be of help.

Hey Daala, can I see those stencils that you made? They came out great on your costume!

isami
09-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Banaluvs = teh ultimate rox0r. Enough said.
Ahh, So many SCII people. I can't wait to see everyone's costumes done. ^___^ Too fun. I'm too excited and giddy. Someone shoot me. -.-

Woot! Laura-chan, you are gonna be so damn kawaii. ^__^
~Isa

Eriol
09-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Daala ~ Eee wow. I want the artbook. ;_; I'll check eBay. Nyu.

The weapons and stages are all CG and there are not many angles.

Likewise, the character design drawings are also mostly single poses. There isn't anything like a front/back/side that some artbooks have.

You still won't have a panaromic view of the characters from the artbook, so you still need to use the game.

So, if you can deal with that, go for it.

Chanté
09-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Banaluvs = teh ultimate rox0r. Enough said.
Ahh, So many SCII people. I can't wait to see everyone's costumes done. ^___^ Too fun. I'm too excited and giddy. Someone shoot me. -.-

Woot! Laura-chan, you are gonna be so damn kawaii. ^__^
~Isa
*____* *flattered*

isa, is there any way possible you can come to AX 2004?? *-* it's during the summer - and I could definitely meet you there!! my boyfriend too ^^

isami
09-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Oi, I'd love to go!! But California is a bit on the tough side for me. Especially since I'm going into college. Oi oi. I do have a few friends out there, so I want to take a trip eventually. Once I get a job and some moeny, definately!!! That would roxor. ^__^

Michi
09-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Eriol ~ Well, I don't completely just want it for costume making... XD I like artbooks in general. I wonder if they'll just release a regular SCII artbook for normal sale though?

ACX ~ I'm going to do Mina's 2P outfit from the first SC someday.. and I can usually get a good idea from watching her exhibition enough.. Do you have the game? ^^ Just keep trying..

Brunhilde
09-30-2003, 03:10 AM
I've been dying to do a SC cosplay for years, though I'm seriously considering doing Mina's second costume from SC2. It's on my list of things to do...

And thsi may have already been mentioned (it's a long thread, I may have missed it) but this is a good place to get screens and art pics from: http://www.gamescreenshots.com

Eriol
09-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Eriol ~ Well, I don't completely just want it for costume making... XD I like artbooks in general. I wonder if they'll just release a regular SCII artbook for normal sale though?

I figured as much, but I just wanted to make sure the caveats are known. From what I can ascertain, you do enjoy costumes, and I would not want a costume maker wasting money on something that doesn't provide sufficient source matieral.

I would not expect to see a SCII artbook in the U.S.A. There was Japanese artbook called "The Art of Soul Calibur" for the first Soul Calibur game, so there may be one for the second, but I need access to the Japanese kanji for "Soul Calibur" to do an appropriate search.

tauruskatt
09-30-2003, 07:35 PM
whoohoo, yay for my obsession being a shared one! :D

i'm currently making talim's third outfit from the game (the blue & white one with the fluppy eared hat :bigtu: )
i've got the top and a pattern i'm messing with for the pants, and i just picked up some sculpey for the jewlery yesterday- halloween always makes me feel all warm and cosplay'y inside... :love:

i put my sketches up as teasers- they were insanely hard to make considering the camera scanning in profile problems you were just talking about up there, and i'm not fortunate enough to have a way to get screen shots, so if anyone sees any discrepencies do let me know!! lol...

isami: i can't wait to see you at otakon, when it gets closer we'll have to set up a time to meet - you're work so far looks fantastic, plus, i wanna pic of two talims! heehee!

~tauruskatt

(now back to work convincing those silly boys at my school to stop *playing* the game long enough to stand still for measurements... :geek: )

Selphie_fairy
09-30-2003, 07:51 PM
yuffieleonhart- we have to get together and take xianghua pics!! XD yay for xia cosplayers!!

isa- aww thankies XD our group is gonna rock like i have said many times before ^^ woah.. now i have like.. 5 costumes to make for otakon XD lol

bananaluvs- you gotta come to otakon you have to XD lol

Chanté
09-30-2003, 08:33 PM
yuffieleonhart- we have to get together and take xianghua pics!! XD yay for xia cosplayers!!

isa- aww thankies XD our group is gonna rock like i have said many times before ^^ woah.. now i have like.. 5 costumes to make for otakon XD lol

bananaluvs- you gotta come to otakon you have to XD lol
*resolves* Okay! I WILL go to Otakon and meet you guys! ^___^

Selphie_fairy
09-30-2003, 09:28 PM
hehe drag your bf to do a scII cosplay as well XD oh we are going to be a VERY happy scII grouup ^______^ :squee:

Eriol
09-30-2003, 09:54 PM
whoohoo, yay for my obsession being a shared one! :D

i'm currently making talim's third outfit from the game (the blue & white one with the fluppy eared hat :bigtu: )
i've got the top and a pattern i'm messing with for the pants, and i just picked up some sculpey for the jewlery yesterday- halloween always makes me feel all warm and cosplay'y inside... :love:

i put my sketches up as teasers- they were insanely hard to make considering the camera scanning in profile problems you were just talking about up there, and i'm not fortunate enough to have a way to get screen shots, so if anyone sees any discrepencies do let me know!! lol...

Those are very well-done sketches.

---------------------------------------

Well, there is no Japanese SCII artbook yet. The Japanese 2CD SCII soundtrack does come in a book with artwork (mostly CG).

http://www.digicube.co.jp/music/soul2sound.html

Nightmare
10-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Well, I can only put it off for a few more months. I am starting my 1P Nightmare costume for AWA next year. I want to get at least 6 monhs to work on it. 3 for the armor, 2 for the sword, and 1 for the arm. That should give me sufficient time to make everything look all snazzy. Ad I have finally talked my GF into doing Ivy with me, although she hasn't decided which costume to do as of now (long ways away). Plus we might have a Kilik, Yunsung, Maxi, and a few others depending on who I can rustle up next year. When I get started on it, I'll be sure to try to start posting updates on my costume. So keep tuned, and don't be afraid to PM me or something with some tips on how to make that much armor light weight snd such.

-D

Kell_Dragon
10-01-2003, 12:45 AM
All I can do is laugh, sorry.
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you're cutting yourself way short for someone with no experiance.
Have you even bothered to do research? Like I say over and over again, the guy who runs bioweapons, the guy who did the nice guyver suit, the guy who knew what he was doing and had done simmilar stuff before..... took 8 months of off and on work to do a project that is lesser than Nightmare. Am I correct to assume you aren't going to be working on this 12 or even 6 hours a day non stop?

Nightmare
10-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Yes you are correct, but I proably have more stuff to do then that guy, such as school about 16 houra a week, plus work about 15-20 hours a week, plus military training. So that in itself does not allow me to spend a lot of time during the day in a short period of time. I do have, however, summer time to work my ass off on it.

And how can you say that I have no experience. Cause I don't have any pictures up? Given I don't have like 10-20 costumes under my belts, but not all of Nightmare is that hard. It just depends on how you go about doing it, which apparently you have no idea on what I am doing. So why don't you just leave me alone and quit the personal attacks, cause I am doing it because I like the character, which cosplaying is all about. I don't care if it is the best costume ever made or not. I am going to try my best which is all that should really matter. If you don't like it, then you can just go to hell, cause I really don't give a shit about what you think. I know I asked for tips, but that was tips that could help me out, not critisism about how much time I am going to spend on it. All you had to do was just send me a link to the page, don't tell me what e did and how long he spent on it, send me a link so that I can see how to do it myself.

-your residential Nightmare

Don't want to turn this into a flame war, ut that kind of shit just upsets me.

Kell_Dragon
10-01-2003, 10:35 AM
you're on cosplaylab, unless someone else says "un da da da"
don't think I don't do my research before saying something ^_~..... not that I'd call that research

*edit*
and who said I was attacking you?
you're reading that wrong, man