PDA

View Full Version : happy day - G-Chan at ani-magic :)

hello kenney
07-24-2003, 02:00 AM
"I'm happy to announce that I will be attending Ani-Magic in Lancaster, CA as a Guest of Honor. I'm so thrilled to have been asked and I'm excited to be traveling to California for my first time! I can't wait to meet all you west-coasters! ^___^"

yay! G told me she was coming to CA in oct, so I figured it was ani-magic...now its official on her site :)

G-Chan rocks!

www.g-chan.com

NoLable721
07-24-2003, 02:05 AM
awesome! Thanks for the news dude

Adella
07-24-2003, 02:25 AM
She is the sexy :heart:

hello kenney
07-24-2003, 02:46 AM
I admit to being a bit of a fanboy when it comes to some of the top tier cosplayers- and I consider G to be the best in the country.

Sure, she also happens to be one of the cutest, but aside from that- she is probably one of the most prolific when it comes to costumes- just take a look at the dozens of amazing costumes on her site (heck, I even think her site is one of the best personal cosplay sites- and she changes the layout OFTEN)

Some of her costumes are pretty skimpy, but most are not- all of them are beautiful and elegant.

I hope she is involved in some of the programming to some degree- Id love a panel or two on cosplay...

One thing for sure, I think we probably already have a winner for the masquerade :) <---You heard that here first, remember I said it!

Chas
07-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Guhhh....correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not mistaken GoH's help JUDGE the masquerade, not participate ...? o_O;

hello kenney
07-24-2003, 03:39 AM
dammit.

thats probably true.

NoLable721
07-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
She is the sexy :heart:

haha that's what my cousin say ^_^

BlueLady
07-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Im cleless..what is it that you do Kenney, Guest of honor wise?

hello kenney
07-24-2003, 08:31 PM
um...I'm not sure exactly what is required of a guest of honor at ani-magic. I imagine it involves running a panel or two, judging stuff, signing autographs, being a part of opening and closing ceremonies, etc. But I'm just guessing...

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my first post- that was a quote from g-chan's site - SHE'S the guest of honor, not me.

Zelly
07-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Cosplayers signing autographs? O_o sheesh.

hello kenney
07-24-2003, 09:41 PM
I meant guests of honor in general- that seemed how the question was worded.

Hmmm...I seem to be just confusing people...so this is the last youll hear from me in this thread.

BlueLady
07-25-2003, 01:38 AM
no it's all good, I just try to know what people are up too cause I'm nosey. I see the quotations now. G-chan deserves to be a guest of honor, her costumes are increadible. Heh heh the only time I sign autographs in costume is when kids think I am actually Alice.

Eurobeat King
07-25-2003, 01:57 AM
I sometimes ask cosplayers for autographs, and did that often when I used to take 35mm pics and asked friends like Yaya, Heather H-chan, to sign a picture that I took of them. Back at Katsucon 2001, I bought the Studio Ironcat Kittygirl calendar and had most of them sign it for me: Alisachan, Christy, Yaya, Nadine, Iris, etc.

The last autograph I got from a cosplayer was last year at Comic Con, when Gina Gatto signed a photo I printed out of her as the Baroness. :D

G-chan: Can't wait to see you come out to CA for Animagic. You'll enjoy it, and we'll talk more about it at Otakon in a couple of weeks. Is Kev coming with you also?

Ginny
07-25-2003, 02:52 AM
Meeeep! A thread about me O__O

I'm thrilled to be going and get to hang out with the west coast peeps.

No, Kev won't be going, just me. It's also the weekend before my birthday. ^___^

Yuna
07-25-2003, 02:57 AM
Damn it... I'm going to Ani-Magic too, but do I get a thread? NoOoOoOo, JACKED yo. =p

Rey-Rey
07-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I'm offended by this thread. >= ( Where's a Rey-Rey thread when you need one? >= (

Woof. >=D Rey-Rey Effect. >=D

waynekaa
07-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Congratulations G-chan! I will finally get a chance to meet yu!
Any idea on what costumes will be coming with you in October?

Ginny
07-26-2003, 12:47 AM
I don't know what costumes I'll be bringing. I would like to make something new, but that all depends on the time I'll have. Any suggestions as to something I should bring? ^_____^

*pats Rey-Rey*

Yuna
07-26-2003, 01:05 AM
Marki .

Iori E
07-26-2003, 01:11 AM
You could be Foxy from King of Fighters. That would be teh awesomeness.
The wig might be a little hard and expensive to make, though... if you can't do it, you could always be Angel... ^^;;;;;;;;;;

If you're talking about costumes you've always made, I really like your Yurika costume.

waynekaa
07-26-2003, 01:18 AM
What new stuff were you planning on making then? :D
Marki's good, it's the one we chose for your ACP covergirl
Which after the ACP revamp, you'll have that special acknowledgement thing that you can put on your page, I believe.... if Henry does it right.

Eurobeat King
07-26-2003, 03:36 AM
Suggestions on costumes for you to bring would be Cammy, Yurika, and your green Paradise Kiss one. Or also, this one that you wore at A-kon but I forgot the name of the character:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=46448&password=&sort=3&cat=581&page=10

Whatever costumes you decide to bring will be schweet, and the Animagic locale has lots of great places for photoshoots. Please tell Kev HI for me, even though I'll tell him that myself when I see him at Otakon in 2 weeks, but still I wish he could join you for AniM in October..

hello kenney
07-26-2003, 04:34 AM
*breaks promise made in last post*

your pearl costume is pretty nifty, as is scarlet, of course emeraude is pretty amazing too....

Youre marki is one of the best, for sure, but its so hard to pick my favorite...

Rey-Rey
07-26-2003, 09:00 PM
REY-REY WINS!!

PERFECT!!

Woof. >=D Hot Rey-Rey Summer. >=D

Karisu-sama
07-27-2003, 04:36 AM
G-chan coming to AM? Coolness! ^_____^ Would love to meet her!

Now Yuna/Nessa does have a thread! :p
And Rey-Rey has made himself quite a few threads in the past... :p
Karisu doesn't want threads, Karisu just wants to see friends at AM... ^^

Ginny
07-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Yay, I look forward to meeting you as well Karisu ^___^

I'm not sure what all they'll have me doing at AM, but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Rey-Rey
07-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Threads about me? Whatever you're talking about. =O

Woof. >=D That hits the spot. >=D

Kensuke
07-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Yes, G-chan is coming. :)

After she said I looked "hot" as Alexander Anderson, I decided that I totallly needed to petition the board for her to come as a guest. She's ubber-talented, and a lot of fun to talk to.

Mandy Mitchell
07-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Where is that Rey-Rey thread? I heard he's hot!

Moon Prince
07-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah! That's Yurika from Project Justice right?

Yeah, motivation to make my Zaki! I need motivation.