PDA

View Full Version : YU YU HAKUSHO group

PhantasmaJun
01-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone was cosplaying Yu Yu Hakusho it would be cool to have a group this year! I will be cosplaying Kurama Friday (yellow dark tournament), Saturday (green sensui arc), and Sunday (orange jacket and jean outfit he wears in the sensui arc). I would love to see other YYH peeps!

I almost forgot to mention I am AnimeOtaku on the Metroforums.

Hime no Toki
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
YYH is one of my favorite series EVER, I might have to join up! I am not sure which character though, as I love several - always been meaning to re-make Hiei, and also have always had a special place in my heart for Shishiwakamaru. Also, younter Genkai has been something of an option as well. I find it really hard to decide! My boyfriend has been wanting to cosplay Demon Yusuke, but...the wiiiig. D:

PhantasmaJun
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
YYH is one of my favorite series EVER, I might have to join up! I am not sure which character though, as I love several - always been meaning to re-make Hiei, and also have always had a special place in my heart for Shishiwakamaru. Also, younter Genkai has been something of an option as well. I find it really hard to decide! My boyfriend has been wanting to cosplay Demon Yusuke, but...the wiiiig. D:

whoa that sounds awesome I just love Shishi and everyone else you mentioned too! I agree YYH is my my all time fav. and I just love Kurama to death! XD I would love to see an awesome demon Yusuke but like you said the wig would be crazy! ^o^ I cant wait to see who you guys decide to be =3

PhantasmaJun
02-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I finally got my cam working =3 and here are the finished pics of my Kurama Dark Tournament Tunic next on the list the awesome green one from the sensui arc ^O^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/link588/P1060531.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/link588/P1060534.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/link588/P1060535.jpg

anyone else cosplayin YYH?

yosuke
02-10-2009, 01:10 AM
i'm not really sure at the moment, i usually decide on a costume once the con gets closer, but i've had a dream cosplay for a while now... i reeeeeally wanna cosplay Touya the Ice Master (they called him the Ice Master, right? XDD I can't remember). I've done a Jin the Wind Master cosplay, but it was a long time ago, so it's really flawed and I gotta fix it. But gosh... this would be a good excuse to make it. and i could make my cosplay puppet boy go as Jin instead. :3 he'd love it. well, i'll let you know once the con gets closer.

PhantasmaJun
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
i'm not really sure at the moment, i usually decide on a costume once the con gets closer, but i've had a dream cosplay for a while now... i reeeeeally wanna cosplay Touya the Ice Master (they called him the Ice Master, right? XDD I can't remember). I've done a Jin the Wind Master cosplay, but it was a long time ago, so it's really flawed and I gotta fix it. But gosh... this would be a good excuse to make it. and i could make my cosplay puppet boy go as Jin instead. :3 he'd love it. well, i'll let you know once the con gets closer.

whoa that would be so amazing! I would love to take pics with a Touya or Jin =3 that would be amazing I hope you decide to do it!

PhantasmaJun
02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
almost done with the sensui arc green tunic =3 anyone still interested in a YYH group? i'll be kurama all three days.

PhantasmaJun
03-08-2009, 11:03 AM
anyone still interested in the YYH group? =3

PhantasmaJun
03-23-2009, 07:13 PM
had to wait awhile before I posted again XD is anyone interested in a YYH group (or at least wearing a YYH cosplay?) =3

PhantasmaJun
03-26-2009, 10:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/link588/P1060540.jpg
woot other kurama tunic done just waiting for my wig now =3

Timcampy
04-29-2009, 10:21 PM
*le gasp!* I absolutely LOVE Yu Yu Hakusho! It's one of my favorites, especially Kurama! I was really happy to see a few Kurama and Youko cosplayers last year X3 I definitely hope to find you at Metro! <3

PhantasmaJun
05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
*le gasp!* I absolutely LOVE Yu Yu Hakusho! It's one of my favorites, especially Kurama! I was really happy to see a few Kurama and Youko cosplayers last year X3 I definitely hope to find you at Metro! <3

=3 awesome I am glad you love it YYH is one of my fav anime of all time and Kurama = awesomeness XD I just wish more people were cosplaying YYH I think I am the only one on both metrocon forum and this one. I hope to see you there aswell!

<~ is animeotaku on Metrocon forum

Timcampy
05-04-2009, 02:26 AM
@PhantasmaJun
Yu Yu Hakusho is an anime that should NEVER be forgotten, but less and less are familiar with it nowadays *sniffies* We must spread teh knowledge of YYH!! Perhaps I can try to cosplay next year as one of the YYH members, though my D. Gray-man Lenalee cosplay did drain my lil piggy quite a bit @.@

Perhaps we'll still find some others cosplaying as YYH characters~ We'll see~

Kaiya_Kurama
05-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Hi Omg I love yu yu hakusho Kurama is my favorite I wish I could go to this con but I can't or if Im too late lmao that sucks I wouldve have loved to gone but ummm I was wondering I really want to go as kurama to the next Sakura-con but Im having no luck finding the outfit for sale for a resaonable price or being ripped off and I realli suck a sewing lmao so If any one should know of someone who is giving away a kurama outfit (yellow one from dark tornament) could you please contact me or ask them to send me a mesage or a place to go to find it I would really love it lmao thank you again
you never know one of these days we could meet each other at a convention
lmao

Later
Kaiya (Marie)

PhantasmaJun
05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Omg I love yu yu hakusho Kurama is my favorite I wish I could go to this con but I can't or if Im too late lmao that sucks I wouldve have loved to gone but ummm I was wondering I really want to go as kurama to the next Sakura-con but Im having no luck finding the outfit for sale for a resaonable price or being ripped off and I realli suck a sewing lmao so If any one should know of someone who is giving away a kurama outfit (yellow one from dark tornament) could you please contact me or ask them to send me a mesage or a place to go to find it I would really love it lmao thank you again
you never know one of these days we could meet each other at a convention
lmao

Later
Kaiya (Marie)

well I dont commission due to the fact that I am never 100% confident with my sewing no matter what people tell me XD but making a Kurama tunic is easy and I am not good at sewing either just use a giant rectangle of fabric fold it inhalf so it is even on both sides of your body mine reaches right below my knees. then fold and pin about half an inch around the whole rectangle (this could take a while) trim the whole thing on your sewing machine. you can add the blue trim by sewing or fabric glue (fabri-tac is a good one) now fold your fabric back in half and cut a tiny neck hole right in the middle.

To make the collar you need a rectagle of the same yellow fabric and a piece of interfacing material half the width of the rectagle of fabric. measure it around your neck fold the fabric over the interfacing and sew then cut tiny wedges of angled cloth in the bottom of the collar so you can add it to the circle neck hole you cut.

I know it sounds confusing but it was pretty simple to pull off and cheap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/link588/P1060531.jpg

it sucks you cant go to Metrocon but I really hope this helps you for Sakura con I just dont want anyone to rip you off given it is a pretty easy and cheap costume to make! I cant wait to see your kurama cosplay! ttyl ::hug::

PhantasmaJun
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
@PhantasmaJun
Yu Yu Hakusho is an anime that should NEVER be forgotten, but less and less are familiar with it nowadays *sniffies* We must spread teh knowledge of YYH!! Perhaps I can try to cosplay next year as one of the YYH members, though my D. Gray-man Lenalee cosplay did drain my lil piggy quite a bit @.@

Perhaps we'll still find some others cosplaying as YYH characters~ We'll see~

yes YYH must live on! oh I know that feeling last year I made a warlock armor from WoW never again will my piggy suffer such pain XD! and woot a Lenalee cosplay =3 thats awesome! yeah I will probably be kurama next year too! I want to be Soubi from Loveless but must shed more weight Q.Q

Kaiya_Kurama
05-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you Very much for the detail (eyes spinging) Yea it does sound confuzing but I think mayb in the end ill get it -giggle-

thank you again I hope to see pics of you at the con soon im sure ull look great. I cant wait for another con (dont worry if everything works good Youll ttly see my kurama outfit -giggle-)

PhantasmaJun
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
well I cant wait to see you all at Metrocon and I figured I would ask one more time before Friday if anyone was planning a YYH cosplay so we could meet up ^o^ i'll am being Kurama Sat. (yellow DT tunic) and Sun (green sensui arc tunic) see you all there!

Aave
06-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Haha, I wish I'd seen this thread sooner. Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorite animes, if not numero uno. I've been borrowing the box set and movies from a friend for a bit, just 'cause I missed watching it. XP

If I can figure out a character I could pull off without using a wig (and preferable without having to dye/spray paint my hair), then I'd rush to do a costume. I was considering Yomi, but I don't have too much affection for the character (or anything of the opposite, for that matter - just kinda' "Meh, he was foolish when he was young," mentality.). If ya got any suggestions, that's me in my avatar. 'S a wee bit pixelly, but it was the best I could get and still keep it relatively recognizable. XP

PhantasmaJun
06-13-2009, 12:33 PM
if you are good at sewing you could do Makuro, you could probably so Shizuru Kuwabara with clothes you have around (sadly shes not very recognizable) Keiko but you dont have the bangs but thats not a big deal. and the last person is prolly Ayame (I tried to choose either black or brownish haired characters) Yomi was a good idea that would be cool but I understand if you dont like him much XD

Makuro
http://morgan-d.net/screencaps/Torneio_do_Inferno/eg109_69b.jpg

Shizuru
http://morgan-d.net/screencaps/convite_ao_Makai/eg98_02b.jpg

Ayame
couldn't find a pic but she is a reaper like botan the one with black hair and a black kimono. prolly have to get my dvd and take screencaps.

It would be awesome if you could throw something together in time for metrocon! ^o^ I am so happy to see another YYH fan but dont stress yourself out too close to the con try to enjoy yourself and even if you can't get a cosplay done we can still hang out there!

Kaiya_Kurama
10-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Hi I was wondering when the next Metrocon was? I mite be able to go since Im in GA now (YAY!) lol

PhantasmaJun
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi I was wondering when the next Metrocon was? I mite be able to go since Im in GA now (YAY!) lol

its on July 23 25, 2010 hope to see you there this year :3 ::hug::

Kaiya_Kurama
10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
lol Me2 thank you Any Ideas on what your going as this time???

*hugs back* -giggle-

PhantasmaJun
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
lol Me2 thank you Any Ideas on what your going as this time???

*hugs back* -giggle-

I will be cosplaying Ashura from RG Veda but in the cool flame kimono he wears in the Tsubasa chronicle art :3 both friday and sat. we will be having a clamp group and photoshoot your welcome to join in! ^o^

Kaiya_Kurama
10-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Omg I loved tht series I wanted to buy it but couldnt find it anywhere lol
Omg I would ttly love to but I havent read anything clamp in awhile (tight budget lol) so Id have to realli look and see what I can find lol I still have to firgure out if I can go cuz I got sakura-con Awa momo-con and Im hoping this one too but its to early so Ill keep ya posted lol Gotta start searching! ^_^