PDA

View Full Version : Female Cosplay Ideas- curvy women ^^

mondaysvixen
01-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Hiya All :)

Name's mondaysvixen :).

Myself and a couple of female friends are hoping some of you can give good/plausible ideas for female cosplay for girls with curves ^^. Not 'fat', but definitely not sticks- breasts, waist and hips ) ( < like that, ya know?

What we're looking for are characters that are more suited to 'women' not 10y.o. girls or some such thing. So far, we've found plausible/good characters in Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist, the Pirate Shuura from Rurouni Kenshin episode 25-27.

So, any help would be appreciated. We have varying hairstyles/lengths/colours (one black, two brunettes- one very dark, the other med-dark), but are willing to buy wigs/dye hair so that's fine. Height varies from 5'5" to 5'9"

Ideas and maybe some suggestions of where to get/ what to do for costuming would be great.

Preferably not overly complicated, but whatever y'all can think of is awesome.

Ta,

Vixen

Arroyo
01-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist
Tsunade from Naruto

Really sorry, these are the only two I can think of at the moment ^^;

mondaysvixen
01-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Thanks ^^ Tsunade! lol. I'd forgotten her..... very large chest that woman ^^ Fake breast-add ons would be needed methinks..... :) thanks :)

benihime
01-25-2009, 03:04 AM
yourichi, matsumoto from bleach

liz and patty from soul eater

Aoime
01-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Yourichi? Liz? Patty? I think they are very slim : O

mondaysvixen
01-25-2009, 05:31 PM
^^ Buts they're curvy enough we can make it work. The point is we don't want to play a girl/woman/character who doesn't have some kind of curviness (lol we have breasts :P so playing a ten year old magical girl (i know, stereotyping lots here) would either require copius binding or "Oh look, it's grown up '.....' " lol. It's not 'fat'. It's 'curves' as in breast, smaller waist area, hips. ) ( < curves. playing stick characters doesn't feel right :P

StrawberrySiren
01-25-2009, 06:57 PM
yoko's pretty busty. but also kinda stick-like, not too much though (i mean from gurren lagann.) but i think it's a cosplay that would look good on curvy girls. and lady adiane from the same series.

lemme think...the natsume sisters from tenjou tenge. there are a few others that i'm thinking of (from samurai deeper kyo and rurouni kenshin) but i don't remember their names.

Janeru-Chan
01-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Sheena Fubiyashi from Tales Of Symphonia
Orihime from Bleach
Temari from Naruto

Thats all i can think of right now, that no one has put yet..

~Janeru-Chan~

liivingdeadgirl
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Pretty much ANY Bleach shinigami...because of the kimono/hakama...if you're not a stick, no one will know. ^_^

It depends on how much skin you wanna show really, do you want to show your curves, or hide them?

If you name a few series you like (Other than Bleach or Naruto, cause those are obvious) we could prolly give you a character from that series that is either curvy or covered up enough that you won't be able to tell one way or the other.

NorthernDwnpour
01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
So basically, you're asking for any character with decent boobage, yeah?

Love Hina and Code Geass (http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/characters/cc.php) have a lot of curvy women.
Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Yaone from Gensomaden Saiyuki. (Though those are kinda, er, Tsunade-fied O_o; )
Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh!
Hevn from Get Backers.
Hinata (after time skip) from Naruto. (I think? I can't really remember...and of course there's always SNJ!Naruto who's pretty curvy lol).
Fuko from Flame of Recca. (Or, at least she looks curvy in some shots O_o; )
Sei and Meg from Burst Angel.
Miranda from D.Gray-Man. (In her exorcist outfit anyway. Weird, she was rather flat first time you see her and a month later when she appears again, she grows boobage xP...Lenalee too but I'm not sure...)
Eliade from D.Gray-Man, as well.
Rinslet, Echidna and Tearju from Black Cat.
Yamato and Yuiko from Loveless.
The two girls from You're Under Arrest (can't remember their names -headdesk-)
Yumi from Rurouni Kenshin.
Meer and Stellar from Gundam Seed/Destiny. (Though more or less all the other girls are relatively busty.)
Chocolate and Tira from Sorcerer Hunters.
Mirielle from Noir.

Hope that helps x) Sorry in case I misunderstood what you means by curvy -headdesk-

StrawberrySiren
01-26-2009, 06:06 PM

THANK YOU! That's exactly who I was trying to remember!

NorthernDwnpour
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
THANK YOU! That's exactly who I was trying to remember!

Hehe, no problem <3 For SDK, did you mean Yuya? Least I think that's her name, lol. I haven't watched it in awhile so she's really the only one I remember x)

LizzaKysn
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe Arachne or Tsubaki from Soul Eater? Both are very curvy. Or Blaire. Nyah.

Lulu from FFX?

StrawberrySiren
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Hehe, no problem <3 For SDK, did you mean Yuya? Least I think that's her name, lol. I haven't watched it in awhile so she's really the only one I remember x)

no not yuya. it's this woman who's kinda on the crazy side and she has really long black hair...she comes up really early in the series. like the first three volumes of the manga kinda early.

Satsukina
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
^ Izumo no Okuni. :'D

StrawberrySiren
01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
yes! holy crapola thank you! i've been so forgetful lately. (i was hanging out with some friends on friday and this morning, it just donned on my that his name was logan.)

mondaysvixen
01-27-2009, 04:11 AM
o.O Wow Thanks for all the ideas so far! ^^ There's some great ideas :). The Loveless ones are cat-girls, yeh? n_n I think my friend has sorta become fascinated by the idea of wearing ears and a tail.... ^^; . Anything we've come across and haven't heard of, we've been reading/watching the manga/anime to decide if we like the manga/anime/characters or not :) but it's been really helpful. ^^ None of us are * huge * fans of wearing skimpy clothes- a little flesh-flash is ok, but not a huge amount :)

thanks again!

vixen

Schuldig_
01-27-2009, 05:57 AM
On top of all the good suggestions you've already been given, I wouldn't limit myself to character that fits my body type (because, quite frankly, they all have more or less unrealistic proportions). Curves can be both hidden and created with a little costume altering and seam placement, amongst other things, and if you find a character or a costume you really like, body measurements shouldn't matter. Just my two cents. As long as you're comfortable and having fun, though, that's all that really matters. :)

NorthernDwnpour
01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
o.O Wow Thanks for all the ideas so far! ^^ There's some great ideas :). The Loveless ones are cat-girls, yeh? n_n I think my friend has sorta become fascinated by the idea of wearing ears and a tail.... ^^; . Anything we've come across and haven't heard of, we've been reading/watching the manga/anime to decide if we like the manga/anime/characters or not :) but it's been really helpful. ^^ None of us are * huge * fans of wearing skimpy clothes- a little flesh-flash is ok, but not a huge amount :)

thanks again!

vixen

You're welcome. Ftr, though, Yuiko has ears and tail, but Yamato doesn't, I think x) And I forgot to add it last time, but there's also Hitomi (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/lovelessfateimages1/char5.jpg) who also has her ears and tail.

And oops )x Sorry, didn't know you didn't want the skimpily clad ones. My bad x)

mondaysvixen
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
You're welcome. Ftr, though, Yuiko has ears and tail, but Yamato doesn't, I think x) And I forgot to add it last time, but there's also Hitomi (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/lovelessfateimages1/char5.jpg) who also has her ears and tail.

And oops )x Sorry, didn't know you didn't want the skimpily clad ones. My bad x)

^^ No worries :) and thanks for the suggestions :)

lostsummoner
02-16-2009, 12:04 AM
She's not extremely busty, but I've seen it done both ways, but Mistress Nine from Sailor Moon? [[er, Sailor Saturn's evil form?]] Or maybe Black/Wicked Lady [[Sailor Chibi Moons evil side]] or, for a villain Queen Nehelania or even Queen Beryl? [[sorry, sisters on a Sailor Moon kick so I know a good portion of these off hand]]

Or, if you think you can do it ... the Sailor Star Lights ...

Cosplay_Kitten
02-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't think anyone mentioned Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHOLiC...she'd be a good choice for a busty character

Amegakure_Konan
02-16-2009, 03:31 AM
How about Kikiyou form Inu Yasha? Those miko clothes hide the body well bit aren't totally shapeless, and they're flattering on ANY figure type.
Just a thought.

toshirua3846384
02-09-2010, 12:33 AM
So basically, you're asking for any character with decent boobage, yeah?

Love Hina and Code Geass (http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/characters/cc.php) have a lot of curvy women.
Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Yaone from Gensomaden Saiyuki. (Though those are kinda, er, Tsunade-fied O_o; )
Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh!
Hevn from Get Backers.
Hinata (after time skip) from Naruto. (I think? I can't really remember...and of course there's always SNJ!Naruto who's pretty curvy lol).
Fuko from Flame of Recca. (Or, at least she looks curvy in some shots O_o; )
Sei and Meg from Burst Angel.
Miranda from D.Gray-Man. (In her exorcist outfit anyway. Weird, she was rather flat first time you see her and a month later when she appears again, she grows boobage xP...Lenalee too but I'm not sure...)
Eliade from D.Gray-Man, as well.
Rinslet, Echidna and Tearju from Black Cat.
Yamato and Yuiko from Loveless.
The two girls from You're Under Arrest (can't remember their names -headdesk-)
Meer and Stellar from Gundam Seed/Destiny. (Though more or less all the other girls are relatively busty.)
Chocolate and Tira from Sorcerer Hunters.
Mirielle from Noir.

Hope that helps x) Sorry in case I misunderstood what you means by curvy -headdesk-

Its great that there are people who know of other women from other series other than bleach and naruto great suggestions

Kiichigo
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Basically, check out every female character Yaya Han has ever cosplayed

Lulu from Final Fantasy
Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier (because, she's meant to be the 'full-grown' woman opposed to Rankas pubescent figure)
Oruha from Clover
Felicia from Dark Stalkers (skiiiiiiimpy)

Noia
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Ah, I understand this problem well. My big sister is my cosplay buddy, but she's also one of these 'curvy women' you speak of. For her, the term "hourglass shape" is an understatement.

Thus, whenever we are considering cosplays, we always make sure to keep that in mind. Here are a few we've come up with :
-Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Anri Sonohara from Durarara!!
-Kallen/Karen Stadtfield from Code Geass
-Yoko Ritona from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (though this one is iffy, because speaking in real-life terms, her outfit probably wouldn't work right, and there would be some busting out going on)
-Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji (this is also a maybe, since she's not quite busty so much as her outfits can accommodate it)
-Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail
-Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
-There are a TON of curvy girls in Bleach (Orihime, Rangiku, and Nel, to name a few)

Really, if you just look, you'll find a lot of options. The Japanese are practically obsessed with large curves. There are women who are famous in Japan for no reason other than that they have large breasts.

Also, to the above post by alicehana -
She asked for cosplays that a CURVY woman CAN do, not cosplays that FAT people CAN'T do. You're not being very helpful, and turning curves into fat is neither funny, nor correct.

Hikarichild
12-05-2011, 11:13 PM
There is also Rushuna Tendou from Grenadier she is perfect for a curvy woman.

FumikoSan
12-06-2011, 02:39 AM
- All the sailor scouts have this kind of body, while slim they have curves xD
- C.C., Kallen, Shirley, Milly, Rakshata, Euphemia, Cornelia, and a bunch more from Code Geass are curvy too.

Not very imaginative today ^^;; I'll come back later.

bellanomnom
12-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Can check out basilisk. Ninja women!! Most of them wear kimonos (4/5) which is a lot of fabric but there are patterns you can find online inserting your measurements :) The 5th one wears a cross over shirt (cant remember the name of it) and shorts. That's all I can think of at the moment for group of girls :)

Hinachuri
12-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Love hina has a lot of full bodied characters. Love Hina is a classic and the character designs are pretty simple,they all have regular clothing/hair(mostly).
Some names; Mitsumi Otohime, Matoko Aoyama, Mitsune Konno

Yoko Littner - Gurren Lagann (She has a lot of different costumes, so you could all be variations of her if you wanted to do a group thing ^^)

The girls from cutie honey

Naria/Eyria from the escaflowne movie and show (they have different costumes for each)

CC from code geass

thats all I can think of^^ but there's lots more~

Suiseiseki0284
12-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Morrigan Aensland- Vampire Savior/Dark Stalkers
Tomoe Mami: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
it varies from artwork to artwork, but in general, Megurine Luka from Vocaloid seems to have one of the more mature bodies in the franchise.
Rider: Fate/Stay Night
Rozalin, Jennifer, Artina/Vulcanus, Kunoichi Magic Knight and Succubus from Disgaea
..about 99.9% of the cast of Queen's Blade.
Sonico: Super Sonico (Nitroplus Mascot)
Eclair: Kiddy Grade
Litchi Faye-Ling: Blazblue

Kana Ibara, Onozuka Komachi, Saigyouji Yuyuko, Byakuren Hijiri, Yakumo Yukari are some to the more endowed characters of the Touhou Franchise

thedollysmama
12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
My daughter has a friend who cosplays Fiona from Adventure Time to great success. Said friend is the epitome of curvy, it is simply amazing to see her: busty, definitely with hips, and this teeny tiny wasp waist. The Fiona outfit looks stunning on her. I cosplay (the kids drag me along, what should I do, sit and read a novel?) and have definitely embraced middle age so I chose characters that are more fitting and with one notable exception, not so revealing: Tsunade, The Undertaker, and actually Totoro. I have decided that being comfortable is a priority and a reality check tells me that I really can't do Chi from Chobits anymore.
The suggestions that have been given so far are excellent, opens up a world of possibilities!

Otaku*Girl
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm curvy myself - but have a hard time finding characters that don't reveal said curves, but still be fun to play. I considered doing a modified Hsien-ko (Lei Lei) without the chest hole in the dress, but would LOVE to do Hildegard from Soul Calibur, but there is no way I'm doing her armor. -__-"

Any other ideas?

gypsy_girl
01-08-2012, 04:46 AM
These are great suggestions. I'm looking for tall, busty, 30-40 yrs-old characters. I can still pull off Pipi Longstockings, but I need ideas as I get older.