PDA

View Full Version : Viz is being werid again....

baku_neko
07-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Get this:

Offical Press Release - VIZ, LLC, is proud to announce the acquisition of two new titles in The SHONEN JUMP graphic novel line, Rurouni Kenshin and Hikaru no Go making their debut in the Graphic Novel format. Fans will be able to get a sneak peek into Rurouni Kenshin through SHONEN JUMP Magazine and Hikaru No Go will be serialized in SHONEN JUMP magazine beginning in January, its anniversary issue. Bringing the most action-packed, popular titles directly from Japan, these two new titles will garner much press and consumer excitement with the launch of the first graphic novel as early as November 2003. Look for another exciting announcement in August as we announce our acquisition of an eagerly awaited title.

Okay....so we'll be getting the first gn of Hikaru No Go in November, and THEN in January it'll be in SJ? And we only get a sneak peak of RK in SJ then it goes straight to gn format. Werid.

Ron26
07-24-2003, 07:24 PM
heh That is weird. I say that they should release it simultaneously with the Hikaru no Go gn.

ducky_feet
07-24-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm getting the Kenshin GN's as soon as they come out! I can't wait! :bouncer:

Koumori
07-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by baku_neko
Bringing the most action-packed, popular titles directly from Japan, these two new titles will garner much press and consumer excitement with the launch of the first graphic novel as early as November 2003. Look for another

"As early as." As in "savings up to 50% off." Meaning they don't know themselves exactly when they'll be ready to print.

baku_neko
07-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by baku_neko
Look for another exciting announcement in August as we announce our acquisition of an eagerly awaited title.

Missed that part the first time I read it. I wonder which title they got.....anyone know?