PDA

View Full Version : Anime Mid-Atlantic '09

Sabarae
01-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone! Saba here!

I know its a bit early but I was wondering if anyone around here was planning to attend Anime Mid-Atlantic this year. Granted, it was a bit rough last year, being in such a cramped location, but since its in the same place as Nekocon, much more breathing room is provided.
Anyway, if you are planning to attend, any rough cosplay planning ideas? Also, is there a particular event youd like for AMA to have. They have a forum now such an improvement over last year- so I figure if we give suggestions now, we might see some fruitful results. After all, theyre main objective is for us to come and enjoy ourselves, so why not give them a hand by telling them what we like?

Anyway, so far Im thinking of cosplaying two Kurai (Angel Sanctuary) outfits, a Bible Black outfit, and a Nadia outfit. Though, I might swap out a Kurai outfit for a Sailor Moon costume. Ive always wanted to cosplay JunJun or Ann, but Id much rather do it with a group/partner. In fact, Id really, REALLY, would like to do an Amazoness Quartet group, so if anyones interested, TELL ME!

coderedkitty
01-29-2009, 04:17 PM
I'M GOING! And its only 15 min. away from me :] It makes me so happy.
As for cosplay, I am either going to do Namine or Aerith.
It all depends on my friends.
We do group cosplays :]
For nekocon if anyone saw pokemon walking around that was my friends and I.

Sabarae
01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Aw! I remember your group! I THINK my friend took a picture of you guys. It's probably still sitting in his brother's camera somewhere, though. =/

Tenriyuu86
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
There's a good chance I'm going to AMA! =D Probably going to be lazy and do my Katara and maybe Oogie if I don't go outside at all.

Vader
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I'll be going and will be cosplaying a former Squad 11 Captain from Bleach, Anbu Ninja from Naruto, and last but not least a shinigami from Death Note. If you saw me last year I cosplayed them in that order each day for the anbu costume my mask was Black, Gold, Silver, and red. Also the Squad captain from bleach with the giant black and silver scythe usually accompanied by someone that looked a bit like Rangiku but wasn't and had a black and purple dagger with pink cloth around the handle. Lastly the Shiningami from Death Note with the giant scythe (again), Death Note and Faceless mask.

P.S. Sadly I missed the group photo shoots so you probably missed me if anyone went to those.

Lunarlion
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I actually got an art booth for AMA 09 so I will be doing less cosplay and more selling art. Plushies, pics, facepaint...Im attempting to do them all. If you have any suggestions, don't mind asking me!

~Larxene~
02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh Lawrd >.< lol.I'm going as Roxas(KH II) the first day,Near(from Death Note) the second day,and then Rhyme(from TWEWY) the last day =D

VegitaTheSaiyan
02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I will be attending Anime Mid-Atlantic this year as Naruto's Kakuzu from the Akatsuki.

Sabarae
02-03-2009, 12:50 AM
So, I almost completely trashed my first cosplay list. I'm now planning to be a rather sparkly Shiva (FFIX), Medusa (Petshop of Horrors -tail is currently eating half of my room!), Bible Black student, and a touch-up of a Kurai costume I currently don't have any photos of. Pretty much in that order too, since I'll probably be doing my bible black outfit in the evening, though I'm not sure if it'll be for Friday or Saturday... or both...

Dorkzilla
02-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Me and my friends are going! Im not sure but Im thinking about Mello[death note], bridget[guilty gear] and deidara[naruto]

But ALL my friends are doing an Avatar cosplay group, I'm trying to convince my friend to be Matt from Death Note

Vader
02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm really glad that they changed locations.

Nekko
02-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Ryuu Productions is going again this year! This year we are trying another small group cosplay so look for us out of Naruto duds this year!

NecromanticChii
02-13-2009, 08:24 AM
I will be attending, and cosplaying along with other members of SewOtaku. ^_~

Right now my planned cosplays are:
Erika from Pokemon
Suzuka from Outlaw star
Possible lolita

Lunarlion
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
OH YEAH! I can't wait to see your Erika cosplay....I still dont know if I wanna do Flannery Or Sabrina or nothing at all....but I was asked to do Sumomo again this year...

NecromanticChii
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
OH YEAH! I can't wait to see your Erika cosplay....I still dont know if I wanna do Flannery Or Sabrina or nothing at all....but I was asked to do Sumomo again this year...

^_~
Well it's mainly if the "pokemon group" idea goes through. We are trying to get all of the Gym leaders that we can.
Although I may make her outfit either way, depending on money.

Andrew Wiggen
02-18-2009, 08:36 PM
when is this? or is it allready over ?

inoitachi
02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
No, It's June 19th- 21st at the hampton convention center

Lunarlion
02-19-2009, 08:16 AM
we should make a thread for it!

Andrew Wiggen
02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
i shouldnt be in LA by then...hopefully ill get to go :)

now ... to get cosplay beginning and a room...>__>

Lunarlion
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
^_~
Well it's mainly if the "pokemon group" idea goes through. We are trying to get all of the Gym leaders that we can.
Although I may make her outfit either way, depending on money.

...this is what I meant by...WE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD.....excuse me while I go do that!

irkenmodelgir
02-19-2009, 02:08 PM
i'll probably stop by seeing as it is also 15 min. from my place. Went one day last year adn found it to be.......bikini con since every girl i saw there was in a bikini top and surfer shorts. not that i'm complaning, because i'm not. But yea i just walked into events without a badge so they were pritty lax on security.

Maybe this year will be diffrent, maybe not. *shrug*

NecromanticChii
02-20-2009, 08:57 AM
...this is what I meant by...WE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD.....excuse me while I go do that!

We-re posting in the current thread for pokemon. ^_~

@irkenmodelgir this year they might be keeping a better eye on people.

irkenmodelgir
02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
@irkenmodelgir this year they might be keeping a better eye on people.

not unless i get on staff like i am trying to do lol, then i can walk where ever i want

petitangel1095
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I shall be attending!
My cosplay group and I [coughcoughwe'recalledSHATTERINGREALITYlookonDevian tART?xP] will be there as a rather large group of Pokemon Gijinka <3 Look out for us, we should be easy to spot. We'll also have an Ash and Misty with us.
If you find me I'll give you a hug? : D I'll be Charmander.

Sabarae
03-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Due to my lack of a job, my plans for Medusa will have to wait... Maybe for Nekocon. So, instead, I'll finish my Nadia costume and wear her.

Also, if there are any brave souls willing to cosplay Bible Black with me, I'm more than accepting company~! I can't say I'm a FAN of the series, since I don't think I could ever be a fan of a hentai, but I love the uniforms far too much; I have to have my own. So yes, accepting all partners for pervy shenanigans! =^^=

irkenmodelgir
03-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Due to my lack of a job, my plans for Medusa will have to wait... Maybe for Nekocon. So, instead, I'll finish my Nadia costume and wear her.

Also, if there are any brave souls willing to cosplay Bible Black with me, I'm more than accepting company~! I can't say I'm a FAN of the series, since I don't think I could ever be a fan of a hentai, but I love the uniforms far too much; I have to have my own. So yes, accepting all partners for pervy shenanigans! =^^=

*nosebleed* *wipe wipe* neway >.>

CandiedLapin
03-22-2009, 02:13 AM
I'll be going to AMA with a friend. I'm likely going to cosplay as Ritsuka (Loveless)), Midori (Evil Zone)), and Dejiko (Di Gi Charat)).

MissKrissy
03-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Sabarae already knows this, but I'll be there as CereCere from Sailor Moon, so I'll be seeing everyone there :)

Dorkzilla
03-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm being Bridget from Guilty Gear, Mello from Death Note, and Pallapalla from Sailor Moon Super S ^3^

Tifran
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
i'm attempting to finish my halo armor so i can go as master chief ^.^

Nekko
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Attention all girls.

Beware of Joey. He is a emaciated looking man with long hair who likes to meet 16 year olds and make out with them at cons. He is over 20 years old, and MARRIEDw/ a Baby. And might be cosplaying Org Rikku or a Tacky looking Vampire. He likes to roleplay as a sexy Vampire and calls girls Goddess. I used to go to AMA with him as a friend before I got contacted by some of those girls. I have seen him do this so im not going on heresy.

petitangel1095
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Attention all girls.

Beware of Joey. He is a emaciated looking man with long hair who likes to meet 16 year olds and make out with them at cons. He is over 20 years old, and MARRIEDw/ a Baby. And might be cosplaying Org Rikku or a Tacky looking Vampire. He likes to roleplay as a sexy Vampire and calls girls Goddess. I used to go to AMA with him as a friend before I got contacted by some of those girls. I have seen him do this so im not going on heresy.

Ew. He sounds questionable and pedophilish. Thanks for the heads up.
: o

Suigin_sama
05-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Attention all girls.

i second that notion!!! sadly i dated him for 2 years..... just found out last month about the other poor girls... who are 4 years younger than me! also, he goes by his last name so we might want to include that- FOX! -joey fox- .... also, to nekko - married with a baby? whaaa??? please fill me in XD

Nekko
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Yep, Heard it from my Niece that he married one of her friends and they just had a baby.

Suigin_sama
05-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Yep, Heard it from my Niece that he married one of her friends and they just had a baby.

wow... are you sure that's true? because its easy to be in a 2 year relationship with someone and not know he has been flirting with other cosplay girls online but its not that easy to be in a 2 year relationship with someone who is married and has a baby and not know a thing about it. if he is married with a kid, wouldnt he be living with them? no one lives with him cept his dad and i used to go there every week, i would have run into them at some point. plus all of his family knows me and they never said anything ? if it really is true, someone needs to tell that poor girl.

princedraco
05-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to come up Saturday as Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight, but with layoffs at my company, i might have to work the whole AMA weekend.

vasa1886
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
If I can find a room in the 20-30$ range for the weekend I gurantee to be there. Right now its a big maybe.

Nekko
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
wow... are you sure that's true? because its easy to be in a 2 year relationship with someone and not know he has been flirting with other cosplay girls online but its not that easy to be in a 2 year relationship with someone who is married and has a baby and not know a thing about it. if he is married with a kid, wouldnt he be living with them? no one lives with him cept his dad and i used to go there every week, i would have run into them at some point. plus all of his family knows me and they never said anything ? if it really is true, someone needs to tell that poor girl.

I used to go to his house all the time too and never saw anything, but that was a whole year ago so I dunno. It has to have been at least nine months ago. Also you do know that he could have just been *her baby daddy* till a bit ago.

Im Positive my Niece wouldn't lie about something so silly.

NecromanticChii
05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to come up Saturday as Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight, but with layoffs at my company, i might have to work the whole AMA weekend.

That would suck...
Even though I'll miss ya if your not at AMA, I'd rather you have your job, and not have a reason for them to lay you off. (And it could make more money for you, for another cosplay...lmao)

Rainbow Muffins
05-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I plan on going, though my dad's making it seem like it won't be fun...

I hope to get Kanda ((D.Grey-Man)) done by then. My little group and I will do D.Grey-Man. And maybe on Friday a weird Decora thing might appear...but I don't have to right clothes yet...maybe a pirate zombie...

Friday is up in the air right now...

And I don't have to worry about this Joey person since I scare guys away with my slow mental state. :dance:

Nekko
05-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Im sure joey would think. Hmm slow girl is easier to suduce and will fall for the sexy vampire with hot topic teeth.

Aww your in INK! I loves you guys!

gothicadam
05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Ama is gonna be epic this year, im actually cosplaying and not being ducktape random guy idk if any of you rember but in 2007 i did go to ama i was the random black guy with the ducktape jacket and sword, bad times, now that i have a job and money i actually made a good rude cosplay and kingdom hearts too:D

meepstio
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Attention all girls.

pedofile much? x: alrightoo. I'll warn my friends.

Giant Alucard
05-28-2009, 02:59 AM
I'll be there in some random outfit, lol. Sadly most of my effort is going into moving back to the area and getting new costumes for the neko/ausa cons.

Nekko
05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
pedofile much? x: alrightoo. I'll warn my friends.

It would be better if the girls who go to cons, especially the under 20s didn't try to hook up with a random guy at a con. I remember my first convention I stayed in a group of friends so none of us were bothered much, even now I pretty much stay with groups.

kyocs
06-01-2009, 04:09 PM
lol didn't know there's something like that in the con (in a guy's perspective)
anyway i am doing sebastian from black butler, hopefully any ciel would be there for me to serve XD , i probably get a table again this time around depend on my luck (artist alley) : )

princedraco
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Just got saturday off confirmed, but want to come up friday night after work.

i work fri late night and have off saturday, i dont want to drive from richmond in the morning so after i get off work 11pm-12amish i was going to drive to williamsburg or hampton and get hotel just sleep 6 hrs and then go to the con. Anybody got floor space at that time of night for a person that just needs a floor for 6 hours so he can wake up, register, and enjoy his saturday off, before driving back home saturday night 2amish to richmond to work on sunday lol

irkenmodelgir
06-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll be there in some random outfit, lol. Sadly most of my effort is going into moving back to the area and getting new costumes for the neko/ausa cons.

Oh shizzy chibis going