PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial for making my own Super Dollfie wig?

AkaneSaotome
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
First off, I'm sorry if there's already a thread like this, I looked but could find anything.

I have a MSD "Myu" and I wanted to make my own wigs for her instead of spending so much money on pre-made ones.

Are there any tutorials out there for dollfie wig making? I found one for vinyl heads with the hot glue, but i don't really wanna put hot glue directly on her head, even if it is suppose to peel off. :lost:

I'm a wig commissioner but they're so tiny, that I wanna do it right.

You can post here or PM me.

o01101011
01-29-2009, 02:20 PM
you'll probably be better off asking on Denofangels.com in the sewing/crafting subforum.

However it is pretty much the same as making a human wig but in smaller scale. You'll need to create a wig cap. Either using mesh or fabric, then sew or glue on the extensions.

phantomthief
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
CRCrafts sell doll wig-caps for about $2 :) I guess you'll need a 6-7 or so? However, with the amount of hair you'll need for a decent wig (kanekalon as opposed the saran, etc Ick >_<) and shipping, you're looking at about $20+ which is around the price for a wig in the first place. Unless you're buying Volks, but that's a bit unnecessary.

If you're not on Den of Angels yet, definately join now! The marketplace is the most fantastic thing ever. You can easily get a good MSD wig for under $20 shipped. Heck, I just sold a few Volks msd wigs for around $20 myself