PDA

View Full Version : Kagome and Inuyasha necklace beads? I need a lot of help. XD

NinjasDontFear
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
I would like to make them. I don't want to buy the necklaces, if I need to buy the odd beads online, then so be it.
Okay so the dilemma:
I looked at all my local craft stores, and could not find the right beads needed (or remotely close). I tried to describe what I am looking for to people who worked there, which only resulted in confused and you-must-be-crazy looks. Shikon No Tama (Kagome's jewel) (http://www.freewebs.com/sweetkikyo/shikon%20jewel.jpg) Beads of Subjugation (Inuyasha's beads) (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314R4BE69AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg) The only beads that would seem to pose a challenge would be the jagged white ones on Kagome's and the toothy ones on Inuyasha's. I know the jewel itself should be like a Rose Quartz sphere (I have read in another thread) but what would be a good diameter to ask about, when I call this bead shop to see if they have anything like it? The rest should be easy enough, they are of normal shape and colour. :)
I tried to google about the difficult ones, but I don't know how to describe it in words that a search engine would understand.

Any help on what to ask for, what to search online, online shops with beads that look like what I'm searching for, prices for the rose quartz sphere, and things like that would be greatly helpful.

Thank you for your time. <3

Lovelychristina
01-29-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.cindale.com/

I know the Shop and the owner might have what you are looking for. You might be able to send him a email. I know I saw something very Similar to the almond shaped things on Inuyasha necklace. Also If I remember Correctly He has the Crystals on Kagome's Necklace. These are Real Gems and the price is pretty good :3 Remember to send him the photos that way he can match it up ^_^

NinjasDontFear
01-29-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.cindale.com/

I know the Shop and the owner might have what you are looking for. You might be able to send him a email. I know I saw something very Similar to the almond shaped things on Inuyasha necklace. Also If I remember Correctly He has the Crystals on Kagome's Necklace. These are Real Gems and the price is pretty good :3 Remember to send him the photos that way he can match it up ^_^

Thanks! I browsed the site, but I didn't see anything about shipping out of state, or much at all. I e-mailed them, and so I wait for a reply. :)

AngieRikku
01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Oooo! I made these things sooooo long ago, so If you want to make them here ya go! =3

Okay, for InuYasha's prayer beads, use and clay (sculpey, model magic, or paper clay) to mold the toothy beads and stick a shish-kabob stick through them to make the hole for the string. Paper clay is best as you can sand it with sand paper after it dries. For the other beads on Inu's prayer bead necklace, just get normal wooden beads from jo'anns or wal-mart and just paint them purple/black!

For Kagone's Shikon no Tama necklace, I cut the jagged toothy beads out of white fun foam and poked holes in the middle for the string to go through. But It you want more dimension, I'd use the paperclay. ^_^ For the actual Shikon Jewel, I made it out of clay and painted it pink, them added a layer of silver mixed with water (to make it shiny), then glazed it (to make it even more shiny!) Hope that helps! ^_^

NinjasDontFear
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Oooo! I made these things sooooo long ago, so If you want to make them here ya go! =3

Okay, for InuYasha's prayer beads, use and clay (sculpey, model magic, or paper clay) to mold the toothy beads and stick a shish-kabob stick through them to make the hole for the string. Paper clay is best as you can sand it with sand paper after it dries. For the other beads on Inu's prayer bead necklace, just get normal wooden beads from jo'anns or wal-mart and just paint them purple/black!

For Kagone's Shikon no Tama necklace, I cut the jagged toothy beads out of white fun foam and poked holes in the middle for the string to go through. But It you want more dimension, I'd use the paperclay. ^_^ For the actual Shikon Jewel, I made it out of clay and painted it pink, them added a layer of silver mixed with water (to make it shiny), then glazed it (to make it even more shiny!) Hope that helps! ^_^

Thanks so much!!
:)
*looks for clay*